Best Magic Users

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

twin_soul
Me and some friends have been discussing the deus ex machina nature of magic users. We were trying to see who would fit the best in these categories, and figured the forum would know more than us.

A few rules:

Under Skyfather.
Backed by actual on-panel evidence (seeing as magic is so ambiguous since they should be able to do "anything" they want, we want some proof they can do these things)
No Dr. Strange, Dr. Fate, Zatanna, Dr. Doom, Scarlet Witch, Thor/Loki, or Black Alice. The reason for that is that so many people pick these few characters when I'm sure there is a wide variety of other magic users out there.

Who is the most versatile magic user?
Who is the most creative magic user?

Which magic user would you pit against:

Super Skrull? Why?
Exodus? Why?
Magneto? Why?
Graviton? Why?

Galan007
On the DC side there's Tim Hunter, Morgaine Le Fey, Enigma, Amethyst, Mordru, Fate, etc.

On the Marvel side there's Doom. Only Doom.

"Id"
Al Simmons Spawn (Barring any King of Hell or God Powers), is a good choice. He can certainly hold his ground with the likes such as them.

Konton
Originally posted by Galan007
On the DC side there's Tim Hunter, Morgaine Le Fey, Enigma, Amethyst, Mordru, Fate, etc.

Nico Minoru is disappointed in you.

Prep-Man
Black Alice.

Blair Wind

How would Tim Hunter be considered the most versatile/creative magic user?

You'd put him up against the four listed there?

I'd go with Nico myself, but she's so unconstrained by any real magical rules (akin to Zatanna)

rotiart
Dr voodoo..

Digi
The Doctor (Wildstorm) trumps a fair number listed, and pushes the thread's limits without breaking them. He'd dump truck the competition listed in the OP.

And who's that kid? Wiccan? Yeah, him. Not sure of his power though.

Zatanna bugs me. There's no structure to her magic, it's like the authors just make things up. Reminds me of Harry Potter's magic system, for those who will be annoyed at that comparison.

stick out tongue

Prep-Man
Doctor has nothing on Kent Nelson.

TheLordofMurder
The Enchantress (Amora; Marvel) is a pretty good magic user with a very solid track record...

During the original Secret War, she magically sealed off the minds of all the villians so that Professor X couldnt probe any of their minds...she also (again, during the original Secret War) was able to teleport all the villians out of trouble, seemingly, without much effort.

Because of her durability, strong magic, and ability to seduce a man, I'd pick her to defeat Magneto every single time as I dont think he'd be able to resist her if she went all out as pertains to seducing him; after the seduction, she could kill him or use him as a powerful pawn as needed...

I think the Super Skrull could beat her for a majority as he is versatile, durable, and wouldnt be affected by her incredible looks...I think she'd be capable of taking a couple of wins though if she fights smart and makes heavy use of her ability to teleport; she could also use her magic to see through his invisibility.

I am not really that familiar with Exodus and Graviton, so I wont say much as pertains them, but if they are human males...they have a very good chance of losing to her if she turns the charm on.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Blair Wind
How would Tim Hunter be considered the most versatile/creative magic user?

You'd put him up against the four listed there?

I'd go with Nico myself, but she's so unconstrained by any real magical rules (akin to Zatanna)

At his fullest, he was able to create universes. Zatanna, Phantom Stranger, Constantine have stated he'll be the most powerful user or something like that.

Digi
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Doctor has nothing on Kent Nelson.

No argument here. I said 'a fair number listed,' not all listed. The thread starter did say not to use Fate, though, so...

Prep-Man
ooops. Should read the OP.

TheLordofMurder
Oh and btw, going strictly by the rules of the OP, anyone under Skyfather and is not one of the characters named in the OP are fair game...

In which case I nominate Pluto (Marvel; Trans Tier in Hades...High Herald elsewhere) for both catagories and I pick him to crush any of the 4 characters named in the OP; if the battle takes place in Hades, he defeats them all at once every single time...

His abilities/powers include: class 70 strength, superhuman durability, teleportation, time travel, strength drain by touch, create illusions, alter the memories of mortals, sheathe himself in magical flames, fire bolts of flame or force bolts, create force fields, hold others captive by slowing down their bodies vibrations, manipulate energy, and create an inpenetrable time funnel...

Edit: just did some research on Graviton and Exodus; Exodus definitely would be able to standup to Pluto outside of Hades, but inside Hades, I still think Pluto beats him (but not crushes him as before); Graviton has no chance against Pluto as Pluto could simply make Graviton think Pluto is his best friend (or close blood relative) and manipulate him from there...

Stall_19
Where would Morgan Le Fay reside on the magic user scale?

Eon Blue

Enigma is a magic user?

Bouboumaster
Loki, Enchantress, Damian Hellstrom, etc.

Bentley
Kang biscuits

Diablo eek!

Adam Magus...

Uriel005

Howard the duck passed the test to carry the Eye and was a potential sorcerer supreme. But anyways Agatha Harkness is up there as well as mojo if his CIS is off which it never is... Ogun if you want to call his abilities mystical in nature was pretty nifty. Daimeon hellstorm and Will Caplan are up there as well but need a little polish in their skills.

Galan007
Originally posted by Konton
Nico Minoru is disappointed in you. Pfft. Doom would take a dump on her chest. uhuh

Originally posted by Blair Wind
How would Tim Hunter be considered the most versatile/creative magic user? I was thinking of the future version of Tim we saw in Life During Wartime. His magics were sufficient to build an entire world.

Desaad
Of those still living, you've got...

Faust, Ibis, Jason Blood/Etrigan, Morgan Le Faye, the Phantom Stranger, Madam Xanadu, Mordru, Alan Scott/Jade (essentially), Traci 13, Zatara, the Demons Three, White Witch/Mysa (future), Zauriel, Johnny Sorrow, Anna Fortune, Klarion the Witchboy, all the various lords of hell (Asmodel, Blaze, whatever is left of Neron, etc), Circe, Abra kadabra (if the Neron upgrade is still part of his schtick, anyway), Stigmonious, Materna Minx, and god knows how many others.

Mindset
John Constantine

Originally posted by Digi
The Doctor (Wildstorm) trumps a fair number listed, and pushes the thread's limits without breaking them. He'd dump truck the competition listed in the OP.

And who's that kid? Wiccan? Yeah, him. Not sure of his power though.

Zatanna bugs me. There's no structure to her magic, it's like the authors just make things up. Reminds me of Harry Potter's magic system, for those who will be annoyed at that comparison.

stick out tongue Do The Doctor's powers qualify as magic?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.