Colleen Wing vs Huntress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermutant
1. h2h
2. standard gear

jinzin
Coleen's badass but I don't think she can take Huntress in either scenario. erm

srankmissingnin
Huntress just got some licks in on Lady Shiva, but I'm not sure if that elevates Huntress or knocks Shiva down a peg.

I wonder if Gail Simone realizes that testing the mantle of every female she can think of against Shiva in h2h devalues Shiva's skill more than it enhances the reputation of the other characters. And it gets worse each subsequent time it happens.

jinzin
Sad day... reminds me of what Claremont does with Wolverine nowadays lol

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by jinzin
Sad day... reminds me of what Claremont does with Wolverine nowadays lol

At least he is off in X-Men Forever where I can pretend he doesn't exist.

jinzin
lol. Seriously.... That was of course after he was done killing exiles off faster than a Blade series.

Supermutant
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Huntress just got some licks in on Lady Shiva, but I'm not sure if that elevates Huntress or knocks Shiva down a peg.

I wonder if Gail Simone realizes that testing the mantle of every female she can think of against Shiva in h2h devalues Shiva's skill more than it enhances the reputation of the other characters. And it gets worse each subsequent time it happens.

Huntress got pwned for most of the brief scuffle that neither one really wanted to fight. All she did was throw some of her blood in Shiva's eye and knocked how down briefly. But Shiva was the clear winner.

I think Wing would take some victories in either scenario being a more technical and discipline fighter.

-Pr-

i don't agree at all. it was flat out stated in the book that shiva is the best MA in the world. period. it elevates huntress more than even begins to move shiva down imo.

huntress had to cheat just to last, and even then she admitted she still had no hope of winning.

The Pict
Originally posted by -Pr-
i don't agree at all. it was flat out stated in the book that shiva is the best MA in the world. period. it elevates huntress more than even begins to move shiva down imo.

Better than Batgirl? IIRC Batgirl beat her fairly easily.

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Pict
Better than Batgirl? IIRC Batgirl beat her fairly easily.

i don't think cassandra cain is even considered anymore.

Starscream M
i don't agree at all. it was flat out stated in the book that shiva is the best MA in the world. period. but that's not true though

The Pict
i don't think cassandra cain is even considered anymore.

Serious? She beat Shiva, a feat Batman admitted even he couldn't do (around her first appearances anyway) so what's happened since? I haven't been keeping up with Batgirl.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Starscream M
but that's not true though

why not?

Originally posted by The Pict
Serious? She beat Shiva, a feat Batman admitted even he couldn't do (around her first appearances anyway) so what's happened since? I haven't been keeping up with Batgirl.

simone has always (iirc) written shiva as the premier MA in DC. BOP is her book, so it would be a case of her just reinforcing that position.

even if cassandra is better, i don't think it takes away from shiva any that huntress managed to survive. nothing in the book gave me the impression that simone was trying to make shiva look bad or had actually done so.

srankmissingnin
Cass beats Shiva because Shiva has a death wish and wants Cass to kill her... plus she is her mummy and stuff. It is CIS.

Starscream M
why not?
because I can think of at least 2 better than her currently

-Pr-
because I can think of at least 2 better than her currently

like...

Starscream M
like... karate kid and batman

srankmissingnin

huntress had to cheat just to last, and even then she admitted she still had no hope of winning.

I don't know man. Her plan was to piss of Shiva, and tank her blows until she had enough blood to execute a cheap shot... and it worked. She freaking tanked Shiva's attacks! There is no way that makes Shiva look good. A c-stringer like Huntress should have gone down in panels if Shiva was putting any effort in, and she was.

-Pr-
karate kid and batman

karate kid doesn't count.

batman? bruce? you could argue that he's better in all, but in pure skill? she's better imo.

I don't know man. Her plan was to piss of Shiva, and tank her blows until she had enough blood to execute a cheap shot... and it worked. She freaking tanked Shiva's attacks! There is no way that makes Shiva look good. A c-stringer like Huntress should have gone down in panels if Shiva was putting any effort in, and she was.

i don't think she was tanking at all. she was getting right f*cked up, only still in the fight through sheer willpower. she was a mess. i don't think the blood was exactly planned out from the start lol

and i don't agree that huntress is a c-stringer. imo she's almost on canary's level.

Prep-Man
Yeah, Shiva was basically playing with Huntress. Huntress finally got a cheap shot by throwing blood in Shiva's face. Shiva got too cokcy and it cost her. She even stated that Shiva was the best fighter on the planet, but Black Canary also said that White Canary was better than Shiva, so...

I give this to Huntress.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yeah, Shiva was basically playing with Huntress. Huntress finally got a cheap shot by throwing blood in Shiva's face. Shiva got too cokcy and it cost her. She even stated that Shiva was the best fighter on the planet, but Black Canary also said that White Canary was better than Shiva, so...

I give this to Huntress.

where did it say white canary was better than shiva? i thought it was simply a matter of white canary having leverage over her...

SasuOna
No they mention that White Canary is potentially better than Shiva but thats not really concrete.

Prep-Man
I could have sworn that I read BC saying she was more skilled than Shiva, especially when she was taking Huntress and BC at the same time.

Anyway, WC so far seems more formidable. She put Hawk in the hospital and dodged him in the first issue or so. Plus, her weapons can pierce his dense skin.

Shiva wouldn't be able to take down Hawk, IMO.

And the last issue was disappointing. I was hoping to see WC take on Shiva or SOMETHING!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.