Omega Red vs Wendigo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
forum rules....

-K-M-
Which Wendigo host?

King Castle
non jobbing classic one.

http://underworld.fortunecity.com/blood/201/marvel/wendigo001.JPG

guy222
Wen-di-go

Bentley
Wendigo easy. OR is overrated.

King Castle
is that so..sneer

Wolverine has bn fighting and soloing classic wendy for ages why not omega red...

-K-M-
Originally posted by King Castle
Wolverine has bn fighting and soloing classic wendy for ages why not omega red...

soloing for ages? really now?

snoopdogg
Wendigo wins pretty hard.

King Castle
Originally posted by -K-M-
soloing for ages? really now? since the 80's he has bn fighting it alone off and on.

-K-M-
since the 80's he has bn fighting it alone off and on.

Not really, majority of the times he has had help. Even recently with She Hulk.

King Castle
as if She Hulk really added anything,, nothing logan couldnt have dished out on his own...

only thing she did was shorter the fight by tossing him through his chest.

-K-M-
Considering it was the combined attack of She Hulk and Wolverine that put down Wendigo and was up to that point the only real damage they did so that comment is full of lulz.

Mindset
KM, get em.

King Castle
nah, Wolverine has what it takes to fight it on his own and win, he has even intimidated it once into backing down.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9681/uncanny2ds1.jpg

She hulk being involved in the last fight doesnt mean wolverine can face it alone and get some wins off it.

-K-M-
nah, Wolverine has what it takes to fight it on his own and win, he has even intimidated it once into backing down.

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9681/uncanny2ds1.jpg

She hulk being involved in the last fight doesnt mean wolverine can face it alone and get some wins off it.

Perhaps you should have posted the scan before where Wolverine jumped him from behind as Wendigo was preoccupied about to eat his dinner and his arm was busy holding his lunch. Context please. Also context again the Wendigo that he backdowned after yelling was as noted was a timid and kind Wendigo and was fairly weak as a bullet nearly killed him.

Some sure, but your comment "Wolverine has bn fighting and soloing classic wendy for ages why not omega red... " is flat out wrong.

King Castle
its not wrong its an opinion.. i recall at least 4 fights logan fighting it alone. i am sure there are more.

and Omega Red bringing different abilities to the table then Logan makes this a good fight and imo better odds then logan.

-K-M-
No that's wrong, majority of the times Wolverine has fought Wendigo and beat him was with help. That's fact...not opinion.

King Castle
now that we got that out of the way wanna get back on omega and Wendy?

Mindset
Originally posted by Bentley

Dum Dum Dugan
based on what?

He man handle colossus three times, two of which he had other members backing him.

Iron Man said he had Thing Level strength.

He man handle and over powered Iron Man and then shot his tentacle through his suit

He dropped entie x- men teams in seconds, he had team x running for there lives ect.

but yea he so overrated roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
So that's 3 people now who thinks OR is overrated.

Dum Dum Dugan
people are just butt sore that red dominates colossus every time they fight.

Mindset
Is that why you think OR is overrated?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
people are just butt sore that red dominates colossus every time they fight.

I don't think anyone mentioned Colossus in this thread outside of you. Also it's not like the majority of this forum is Pro-Colossus so I doubt that would be a reason why people don't like him. I can name about two maybe three people on here who are genuinely open fans of Colossus.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by jrodslam
Whoot! Omega Red returns. Taking on Colossus and Wolvie.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5237/uncannyxmen499004wq2.th.jpghttp://img208.imageshack.us/img208/5272/uncannyxmen499005jk5.th.jpghttp://img208.imageshack.us/img208/265/uncannyxmen499006qf0.th.jpghttp://img179.imageshack.us/img179/2186/uncannyxmen499007rz6.th.jpg
http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/9531/uncannyxmen499011ep2.th.jpghttp://img208.imageshack.us/img208/157/uncannyxmen499012yn8.th.jpghttp://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1750/uncannyxmen499013hl2.th.jpg

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I don't think anyone mentioned Colossus in this thread outside of you. Also it's not like the majority of this forum is Pro-Colossus so I doubt that would be a reason why people don't like him. I can name about two maybe three people on here who are genuinely open fans of Colossus.
lot of people are pro colossus. He one of the most like characters on the boards. Hell I am argueing agains him and I like his character, but to pretend he only has 3 fans on the boards is laughable.

and my comment was more or less a joke.

Mindset
I don't like him.

I like OR more.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Mindset
I don't like him.

I like OR more.
good for you.

Though I think your knowledge on red is meh at best.

Mindset
I think your knowledge in general is meh at best.

So we seem to be at an impasse.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Mindset
I think your knowledge in general is meh at best.

So we seem to be at an impasse.
good for you.

Mindset
That we can agree on.

Dum Dum Dugan
As for this thread, depends on what version of wendigo. Mavuis would utterly rape Omega red. Wendigo that fought moon knight would get destroyed by Red.

so it really depends which wendigo. assuming were talking the most common wendigo. I say this could be a pretty good fight, though red life drain should be more then enough to deal with wendigo as seen in the above scans I post with red against wolverine and colossus

jinzin
Colossus doesn't have a mystical healing factor and immortality. confused

Bentley
As for this thread, depends on what version of wendigo. Mavuis would utterly rape Omega red. Wendigo that fought moon knight would get destroyed by Red.

so it really depends which wendigo. assuming were talking the most common wendigo. I say this could be a pretty good fight, though red life drain should be more then enough to deal with wendigo as seen in the above scans I post with red against wolverine and colossus

I agree with everything except the last part, but that can come from different conceptions of what an "average Wendigo" is.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by jinzin
Colossus doesn't have a mystical healing factor and immortality. confused
being immortal really should be irrelevent.

healing factor won't matter either. Wendigo healing factors not better or faster then Wolverine, who also holds up very badly against the death factor. As soon omega red starts using the death factor he only gets stronger, while wendigo gets weaker.

Starscream M
how good is red's hf?

I never knew his hf was so powerful

jinzin
being immortal really should be irrelevent.

healing factor won't matter either. Wendigo healing factors not better or faster then Wolverine, who also holds up very badly against the death factor. As soon omega red starts using the death factor he only gets stronger, while wendigo gets weaker.

But it's not irrelivent.
It's the reason why Wendigo has a healing factor in the first place, and his healing factor is likely better or on par with Wolverine's was when he fought Omega Red for 17 hours.

Wolverine and Wendigo can go slash for slash for sometime, and Wolverine typically needs to go all out to overload Wendigo, and even then it's a momentary annoyance for the big guy.

If that fight in Uncanny X-men proved anything it's that Omega Red can still be knock the **** out by a hard enough blow in spite of draining multiple people in that very fight.

Wendigo has a healing factor..... It makes the Colossus feat irrelivant.
The healing factor will keep Wendigo in the fight far longer than the lack of one would take Colossus out of it.
Wendigo's also typically stronger and as a mystical healing factor so bleeding him out is nearly impossible to do.

IMO OR's powers make this an interesting fight, but Wendigo's likely to manhandle the shit out of him. erm

I don't think OR will take getting bashed on half a dozne times by wendigo and as far as he looks he isn't fast enough to be dodging those attacks either.

King Castle
OR having a brain he has a good advantage and wendigo being a dumb brute will cost him some fights.

i could see OR tripping it, stabbing its throat life siphoning.. pounding chest:aarrhh!!

neck snap.

Dum Dum Dugan
But it's not irrelivent.
It's the reason why Wendigo has a healing factor in the first place, and his healing factor is likely better or on par with Wolverine's was when he fought Omega Red for 17 hours.

but it is, irrelevent, the fact he immortal does not matter at all.

Omega red was not utilizing his death factor only the pheramones. Omega red would not be hlding back in this fight, and when red did uses the death factor he dropped wolverine right away.

and Wendigo can go slash for slash for sometime, and Wolverine typically needs to go all out to overload Wendigo, and even then it's a momentary annoyance for the big guy.
True however wolverine can not withstand the death factor nearly as long as he can take slashes from wendigo. Also wendigo does not toy with wolverine like omega red does.

that fight in Uncanny X-men proved anything it's that Omega Red can still be knock the **** out by a hard enough blow in spite of draining multiple people in that very fight.
No, all it proved is that the author used great falls as a plot device. Colossus and Wolverine were KO in the same fashion issue or two earlier.

has a healing factor..... It makes the Colossus feat irrelivant.
The healing factor will keep Wendigo in the fight far longer than the lack of one would take Colossus out of it.
Wendigo's also typically stronger and as a mystical healing factor so bleeding him out is nearly impossible to do.

Wendigo healing factor like wolverines is not capable of wistanding prolong engagement with the life drain. It really only capable of dealing with the pheramones

OR's powers make this an interesting fight, but Wendigo's likely to manhandle the shit out of him. erm

I don't think OR will take getting bashed on half a dozne times by wendigo and as far as he looks he isn't fast enough to be dodging those attacks either.
I could see, this but I could also see red draining the shit out of wendigo.

psycho gundam
I agree with everything except the last part, but that can come from different conceptions of what an "average Wendigo" is. there's:

- cartier, the classic one that fought hulk and wolverine

- babtiste, usually people associate wendigo with this version

- mauvius, the most powerful version cause of the intellect and magic

- and then those zombie ones that are fail incarnate

The Nuul

Dum Dum Dugan
based on what?

jinzin
but it is, irrelevent, the fact he immortal does not matter at all.
It does when that's what's responsible for his healing factor.... confused

Omega red was not utilizing his death factor only the pheramones. Omega red would not be hlding back in this fight, and when red did uses the death factor he dropped wolverine right away.
Who do you think you're foolin? Hehe.
It was a 17 hour long fight.... you're in no position to claim he didn't use the death factor in that fight. That notion's completely against his typical representation in the first place.

We've already seen Arkady use it on Wolverine in fight and it didn't put Wolvie down, he used it on Sabres... it didn't put him down either.

Having a healing factor matters in this fight.

True however wolverine can not withstand the death factor nearly as long as he can take slashes from wendigo. Also wendigo does not toy with wolverine like omega red does. At what point has Omega Red toyed with Logan?
Again you're not in a position to dictate that when in almost every one of their fights Omega Red's dishing out death threats.

Yes Wolverine can take more slashes from Wendigo than withstanding the death factor. But ABC logic doesn't work here.

Could he take more poundings and stand up from Wendigo than he could outlast the death factor? Cause I think that's probably not likely.

No, all it proved is that the author used great falls as a plot device. Colossus and Wolverine were KO in the same fashion issue or two earlier.

Giving no credit to on panel evidence? That's not like you.

Wendigo healing factor like wolverines is not capable of wistanding prolong engagement with the life drain. It really only capable of dealing with the pheramones Sabretooth did. Wolverine has... And again, Wendigo's immortal, dunno if that would cause a neutralized effect on the death factor or not.

I could see, this but I could also see red draining the shit out of wendigo. Agreed. It's a good fight either way.

jinzin
based on what?

Well a lot of people have classified him as class 100 but I don't think he's anywhere near that strong IMO.

The Nuul
Well a lot of people have classified him as class 100 but I don't think he's anywhere near that strong IMO.

ABC logic FTL! thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.