Best balanced Line ups

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gecko4lif
What teams have had the best balanced line ups?

-Pr-
Classic Avengers or Standard JLA imo.

Warlord
If we are talking powerset here are my thoughts:

Classic Avengers? hmmm...
Not really IMO.

Standard JLA was pretty neat. Speed, Strength Telepathy prep skills.
The "Galactic Storm" Avengers IMO were the most impressive line up power set wise: Hercules, Sersi, Thor, Quasar Cap, Ironman and Starfox are some of the best characters you can have in a team.

Finally Authority seems great too at times

Don Corleone
Jla or classic Defenders

srankmissingnin
I would say the Young Avengers. They aren't the most powerful or experienced right now but once they hit their prime the diversity of their overall all power sets would make them a very balanced team. The only real hole in their line up is the lack of a high end telepath.

Bouboumaster
Infinity Watch or some X-Men teams

Digi
FF, easily. None overpowered compared to the others, no overlap in powers, and everyone can be said to be useful. Pretty much no other team can truly say that. Their personalities also keep each other in check...a true balance through and through.

Because, realistically, 90% of teams (even good ones) are imbalanced because they have heralds chumming around with street guys that realistically have no business being there.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Infinity Watch or some X-Men teams Infinity watch?

Does pip ring a bell?

Digi
Kinda agree with BBZ. IW was Thanos, Warlock, & Friends. A good team? Absolutely. Cool team? Hell yeah. Balanced? Nah. Even ones with "specialty" powers like teleporting or telepathy could be recreated almost entirely by the big 2 mentioned. Hell 1-2 story arcs for IW specifically made the point of someone trashing the team only to have Warlock wtfpwn them.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Digi
Kinda agree with BBZ. IW was Thanos, Warlock, & Friends. A good team? Absolutely. Cool team? Hell yeah. Balanced? Nah. Even ones with "specialty" powers like teleporting or telepathy could be recreated almost entirely by the big 2 mentioned. Hell 1-2 story arcs for IW specifically made the point of someone trashing the team only to have Warlock wtfpwn them. I still don't recall when thanos was ever part of the watch.

Yeah he had a gem but he didn't use it and he didn't act as part of the team.

Just sayin

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
FF, easily. None overpowered compared to the others, no overlap in powers, and everyone can be said to be useful. Pretty much no other team can truly say that. Their personalities also keep each other in check...a true balance through and through.

Because, realistically, 90% of teams (even good ones) are imbalanced because they have heralds chumming around with street guys that realistically have no business being there.

batman would disagree.

Tha C-Master
He has comic protection. stick out tongue

Digi
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I still don't recall when thanos was ever part of the watch.

Yeah he had a gem but he didn't use it and he didn't act as part of the team.

Just sayin

My points still stand. IW was a giant showcase for how badass Warlock was, and how the rest of the team could occasionally help out.

Originally posted by -Pr-
batman would disagree.

Bats is actually one of the few exceptions to what I outlined above. Your Classic Avengers suggestion, however, is not an exception, nor are various JLA squads (though not necessarily all of them...I can rarely keep track of them all).

Galan007
The Illuminati are pretty well rounded..

Strange
Xavier
Reed
Tony
BB
Namor

basilisk
Avengers - 60's Cap, 60's Hawkeye, 60's Quicksilver, and 60's Scarlet Witch. All pretty weak, well balanced.

Warlord
so by balanced we mean team members having no discrepency in power levels or the whole team has the best compilation of powers possible?

Newjak
Well to me Standard JLA has been written to be the most balanced due to the nature of the characters involved. As in since they all involve popular well liked and money making characters everyone of them needs to be relevant and useful.

But if you look at a lot of their solo titles and factor a bunch of feats from outside of the JLA comics for various character. You basically seem to get a lot of crossover and redundancy in powers. And the forced balance writing of the JLA titles seem to go out the window.

Same with the Avengers. Thor, Cap, Ironman plus whoever else they have. A lot of the balance becomes forced when you actually look at the characters individual feats and titles.

I would say FF why because that team was put together with one goal in mind. To create a balanced team that needed each other to be able to accomplish all goals thrown their way. The X-Men also seem like a good choice for this.

Konton
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I would say the Young Avengers. They aren't the most powerful or experienced right now but once they hit their prime the diversity of their overall all power sets would make them a very balanced team. The only real hole in their line up is the lack of a high end telepath.

Which isn't even a real hole because Wiccan's powerset can extend into telepathic feats with magic.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Warlord
so by balanced we mean team members having no discrepency in power levels or the whole team has the best compilation of powers possible?

that's what i'm wondering.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by -Pr-
that's what i'm wondering.
Both

-Pr-
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
Both

then JLA and Classic Avengers are the best examples imo. People like Cap, Hawkeye and Green Arrow always bring something to the table for me.

Q99
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

I agree, and the Runaways as well. Both teams are really balanaced & diverse in their abilities.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.