Mantis Vs Gorgon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/888980-mantis_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7086/864195-sw03_020_large.jpg

Prep-Man
nobody?! one of earth's greatest fighters vs Mantis!

Konton
Either Gorgon turns her into stone or she blasts him into plant goo.

carver9
Gorgon... first she isn't blasting him to a pile of guu... second... gorgon is just too much for her.

Konton
Should I post the scan of her trading energy blasts with a Thanos clone?

carver9
Originally posted by Konton
Should I post the scan of her trading energy blasts with a Thanos clone?

Should I show you gamora dodging every last one of thanos blast ? Someone that is physically slower than gorgon.

Konton
She can shoot blasts large enough to detonate starships. She's not going to have a problem AOE blasting Gorgon. I'm not really convinced he's all that faster than Mantis anyway.

carver9
She can shoot blasts large enough to detonate starships. She's not going to have a problem AOE blasting Gorgon. I'm not really convinced he's all that faster than Mantis anyway.

I feel safe to say that gorgon could cover the distance before she got the chance to send off an attack.

srankmissingnin
Mantis' precog told her that she would eventually lose to Karnak if the fight was allowed to play out. Don't really see her beating Gorgon.

Prep-Man
i thought mantis was marvels version of karate kid.ah well..

she would stomp gorgon who would be crushed by karnak in h2h btw.

tkitna
I'm not up to date on Gorgon so I cant really give an opinion, but i've been wondering if Gamora was tougher than Mantis. I dont want to derail the thread though. Maybe i'd be better off making a thread just to find out.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753

Karnak can't even beat Black Panther. cool

carver9
Originally posted by 753

Lol at karnak beating gorgon.

Don Corleone
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Mantis' precog told her that she would eventually lose to Karnak if the fight was allowed to play out. Don't really see her beating Gorgon.

Yeah, think she stated it would take 6 minutes for him to find a weakness. Then she knocked some sense into him.

D_Dude1210

Karnak's ability is to be able to SCAN other character's weaknesses. Given time, Karnak is SUPPOSED to be able to beat anyone in h2h.

The trick is to beat him before that time. W/c Mantis did pretty easily. Tho, I'm pretty sure Gorgon can do the same.

Karnak can't even beat Black Panther. cool Things would have beeen different if the writer was better. But seriously, I cant stand BP and his jobber aura. Wish they'd kill the character off for at least a decade

Originally posted by carver9
Lol at karnak beating gorgon. In h2h only he would demolish him.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Karnak's ability is to be able to SCAN other character's weaknesses. Given time, Karnak is SUPPOSED to be able to beat anyone in h2h.

The trick is to beat him before that time. W/c Mantis did pretty easily. Tho, I'm pretty sure Gorgon can do the same.

Karnak's ability is to see a weakness instantly, but against someone with human anatomy and relatively human durability it is a nearly useless ability. Karnak would know what Mantis' weaknesses are before he even fought her, hell Batman or Cap or DD or any street level MA would know, they are the weakness of human anatomy that every human has. Pressure points, joints, neck, arm pits, nose, eyes ect ect ect. She doesn't have a magic destruct button.

She didn't beat him, she hit him. She said Karnak was going to win the fight in six minutes, not that she was completely outclassed and he was going to get her ass kicked the whole time. If the fight had played out till its end Karnak would have beat her.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
In h2h only he would demolish him.

Unlikely. Gorgon is stronger, faster, a telepath and has a healing factor and off the charts damage soak. He would smash Karnak into the ground harder than he did Elektra.

meh, Karnak eventually delivers a blow that destroys him, and it shouldn't take too long either.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
meh, Karnak eventually delivers a blow that destroys him, and it shouldn't take too long either.

Not going to happen. Gorgon doesn't have superhuman durability, that Karnak can bypass with his ability. His weak spots are the same as any human, and his healing factor and off the charts zombie damage soak make those weakness irrelevant. Nothing Karnak can do that will slow him down.

carver9
Originally posted by 753

Karnak would get blitz before he even get the chance to pull off a famous move. How can karnak beat someone that is faster, stronger, more, durable, and a better fighter. Gorgon is better than him in every category.

D_Dude1210
Karnak's ability is to see a weakness instantly, but against someone with human anatomy and relatively human durability it is a nearly useless ability. Karnak would know what Mantis' weaknesses are before he even fought her, hell Batman or Cap or DD or any street level MA would know, they are the weakness of human anatomy that every human has. Pressure points, joints, neck, arm pits, nose, eyes ect ect ect. She doesn't have a magic destruct button.

We seem to have different understandings/interpretations with Karnak's abilities. From what I know, he doesn't only sense PHYSICAL durability weaknesses. His abilities go much further than that. For fighting human's, he can sense weaknesses like: bum knee, poor eyesight, weak elbow, old ankle injuries, bad temper, etc. so there's little relevance of the "superhuman durability" comment.

For Gorgon's sake, I bet you it's going to be Gorgon's pride. Tho I doubt he'll ever have the chance.

Also, let's not forget that Karnak practices by smashing DIAMOND blocks in half. Weakness scanning or not, that's pretty impressive.

I do FIRMLY believe that Gorgon stomps Karnak but I don't think we should downplay Karnak's abilities.

Originally posted by srankmissingnin She didn't beat him, she hit him. She said Karnak was going to win the fight in six minutes, not that she was completely outclassed and he was going to get her ass kicked the whole time. If the fight had played out till its end Karnak would have beat her.

I actually have the comic. Sadly, I can't find it while I'm digging thru my stash. sad

IIRC, they fought, she commented on how he has the ability to sense weaknesses and then she took him down in one hit. I don't recall Karnak having any kind of significant appearance after that (I assumed he got KOd, pls correct me if I am wrong about my account, like I said, can't find the comic).

Warlord
Mantis pwns him

Dum Dum Dugan
I dont know great amount of knowledge on Mantis, so I will hold my judgment, of the fight outcome.

However I think a lot of people don't know the extent of Gorgons powers. He posses low end superhuman strength, however he easily able to lift several tons I would say. He posses superhuman speed at least to the level of the speed of sound. He posses superhuman reflexes capable of of out reacting yo yo a speedstir, he also a master of martial arts and ninjistu. He also has the ability to turn anything he looks at to stone, and posses genius level intellect. He also posses a body that is dead, and has wolverine level healing factor. He also posses pretty powerful telepathy and a sword capable of killing gods.

Prep-Man
Which gods has he killed?

Don Corleone
We seem to have different understandings/interpretations with Karnak's abilities. From what I know, he doesn't only sense PHYSICAL durability weaknesses. His abilities go much further than that. For fighting human's, he can sense weaknesses like: bum knee, poor eyesight, weak elbow, old ankle injuries, bad temper, etc. so there's little relevance of the "superhuman durability" comment.

For Gorgon's sake, I bet you it's going to be Gorgon's pride. Tho I doubt he'll ever have the chance.

Also, let's not forget that Karnak practices by smashing DIAMOND blocks in half. Weakness scanning or not, that's pretty impressive.

I do FIRMLY believe that Gorgon stomps Karnak but I don't think we should downplay Karnak's abilities.

I actually have the comic. Sadly, I can't find it while I'm digging thru my stash. sad

IIRC, they fought, she commented on how he has the ability to sense weaknesses and then she took him down in one hit. I don't recall Karnak having any kind of significant appearance after that (I assumed he got KOd, pls correct me if I am wrong about my account, like I said, can't find the comic).

I have the comic aswell. I'll bookmark this page and post the scans as soon as I find it. I know she wtf pounded Karnak in one offensive move.

Not going to happen. Gorgon doesn't have superhuman durability, that Karnak can bypass with his ability. His weak spots are the same as any human, and his healing factor and off the charts zombie damage soak make those weakness irrelevant. Nothing Karnak can do that will slow him down. No, karnak can sense the inherent fault in everything: the stress point that will allow him to break diamonds is just one application, he can sense psychological weaknesses, openings in fighting styles, the exact point you need to hit an arm to shatter the bone, physiological frailties, etc.

Karnak would get blitz before he even get the chance to pull off a famous move. How can karnak beat someone that is faster, stronger, more, durable, and a better fighter. Gorgon is better than him in every category. karnak has destroyed beings physically more powerfull than gorgon in a single blow. behemoths that could destroy a city included. as for gorgon's supposedly superior martial arts, I'm not impressed, he relies on his physical stats. karnak's esp should counter gorgon's physical superiority

D_Dude1210
Hehe. Just to add, this is a Mantis vs Gorgon thread and not a Gorgon vs Karnak thread. ^_^

^yes and she'd pawn that noob. superior telepathy, precognition, far superior martial arts, pyrokinesis and these are just the most recent powerset she's displayed in the GoG

D_Dude1210
She also looks like she has energy shielding (shown in TI).

Don't think she'd pawn Gorgon, but I think she can take him on.

Precog > Telepathy. Especially since she has powerful Telepathy of her own (meaning she can defend against his TP).

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Which gods has he killed?
phodos, and his blade is actually revered to as a god slayer.

Warlord
killing a "god" in MU is nothing great really.

Siege has taught us this already wink

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
karnak has destroyed beings physically more powerfull than gorgon in a single blow. behemoths that could destroy a city included. as for gorgon's supposedly superior martial arts, I'm not impressed, he relies on his physical stats. karnak's esp should counter gorgon's physical superiority
you think so? I gladly debate this topic if you make a thread. because ypour vastly overrating karnak here.

Hell I gladly debate wolverine vs karnak as well, becuase karnak aint even beat Logan let a lone gorgon.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Warlord
killing a "god" in MU is nothing great really.

Siege has taught us this already wink
except his blade is made to kill gods, that the entire point of it creation........

Warlord
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
except his blade is made to kill gods, that the entire point of it creation........

except this isn't something special.
Wolverine's claws could kill Phobos as well and Mantis isn't a god anyway so I don't see why the blade makes a difference. His normal blade could be as effective

Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
you think so? I gladly debate this topic if you make a thread. because ypour vastly overrating karnak here.

Hell I gladly debate wolverine vs karnak as well, becuase karnak aint even beat Logan let a lone gorgon. I have been talking h2h only since the first post, of course. Karnak has no defense against the stone stare, may end up being mindraped and the sword gives gorgon a reach and damage advantage, but yes, I think Karnak would take it in h2h.

carver9
Originally posted by 753
I have been talking h2h only since the first post, of course. Karnak has no defense against the stone stare, may end up being mindraped and the sword gives gorgon a reach and damage advantage, but yes, I think Karnak would take it in h2h.

Not only does gorgon have a reach advantage, he also have the durability advantage, fighting skills advantage, the gap in speed is ridiculous, and gorgon also have the strength advantage.

Its over kill.

Warlord
^ wrong on so many levels

carver9
^ wrong on so many levels

What part am I wrong about? Black panther owned karnak and both elektra AND wolverine jumped gorgon and got blitzed and owned by an injured gorgon.

Warlord
what does Karnak have to do with it?
Mantis two shot him anyway.

I don't remember the last time she got hit to begin with. her precog makes her a hard target. strength? when has gorgon damaged someone like thor, the whole west cost avengers rosteror the phallanx? durability? she's living plant she can reform as long as there's vegetation around. add in this much higher telepathy, plant control, pyrokinisis and possibly telekinissis and there you go.

now if we are debating the celestial madona mantis, it's not even a fight

carver9
what does Karnak have to do with it?
Mantis two shot him anyway.

I don't remember the last time she got hit to begin with. her precog makes her a hard target. strength? when has gorgon damaged someone like thor, the whole west cost avengers rosteror the phallanx? durability? she's living plant she can reform as long as there's vegetation around. add in this much higher telepathy, plant control, pyrokinisis and possibly telekinissis and there you go.

now if we are debating the celestial madona mantis, it's not even a fight

So she can survive being chopped in half and I think gorgon tp could predict her movement as well.

Wolverine has damaged thor so what was the point of bringing that up? I also think gorgon could damage thor with his god slayer sword.

Warlord
So she can survive being chopped in half and I think gorgon tp could predict her movement as well.

Wolverine has damaged thor so what was the point of bringing that up? I also think gorgon could damage thor with his god slayer sword.

Yes IIRC she was able to reform via plant life in a Surfer book

the point is Wolverine damaged Thor with adamantium claws while mantis with her hands. meaning i don't see Gorgon's strength doing any difference when Mantis can damage seemingly invulnerable targets (see also phalanx)

as for him being able to predict her moves via tp. i highly doubt it. she has tp feats in Guardians of the Galaxy that put her well above gorgon's level.

carver9
Yes IIRC she was able to reform via plant life in a Surfer book

the point is Wolverine damaged Thor with adamantium claws while mantis with her hands. meaning i don't see Gorgon's strength doing any difference when Mantis can damage seemingly invulnerable targets (see also phalanx)

as for him being able to predict her moves via tp. i highly doubt it. she has tp feats in Guardians of the Galaxy that put her well above gorgon's level.

So this comes down to what I asked before... does she have a speed feat thqats convincing enough to prove that she could prevent gorgon from closing the gap immediately ending with her being decapitated?

Or do you have a speed feat showing that she will be able to pull off an attack before gorgon did his stone stare first (since he is a true speedster)?

If not... she is toast.

Warlord
to begin with I'm certain she can shut him down.
gorgon is certainly not faster than thought. even if that was the case her speed along with precog makes her fast enough to block various projectiles or fight opponents with super speed. I doubt Gorgon's speed would be such a factor. it's not flash we're talking about after all

carver9
to begin with I'm certain she can shut him down.
gorgon is certainly not faster than thought. even if that was the case her speed along with precog makes her fast enough to block various projectiles or fight opponents with super speed. I doubt Gorgon's speed would be such a factor. it's not flash we're talking about after all

This is a guy that covered at least a mile almost instantly and this is the same guy that out right blitzed a true speedster. Yeah, he is fast enough to rip her up before she got the chance to attack.

Not only does gorgon have a reach advantage, he also have the durability advantage, fighting skills advantage, the gap in speed is ridiculous, and gorgon also have the strength advantage.

Its over kill. Durabilty advantage? I'm skeptical, Karnak is the better fighter and can destroy the Gorgon's body with a well positioned blow.

the ninjak
Mantis looked so hot in the last issue of Thanos Imperative. 1st page.

And I'm siding with her in this match-up.

carver9
Originally posted by 753
Durabilty advantage? I'm skeptical, Karnak is the better fighter and can destroy the Gorgon's body with a well positioned blow.

Prove that karnak is a better fighter? Gorgon took on elektra who had a sword AND guns and she didn't land ONE lick on him and she got BLITZED like she was a insect to him. Then he took on shield agents that included both wolverine AND elektra and they got blitzed and stomped yet again.

So again, what makes karnak better than gorgon when we have 2 top tier fighters getting THRASHED by him easily in a melee confrontation?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by 753
I have been talking h2h only since the first post, of course. Karnak has no defense against the stone stare, may end up being mindraped and the sword gives gorgon a reach and damage advantage, but yes, I think Karnak would take it in h2h.
And I still find that doubtful. I can't ever see karnak doing what gorgon did to elektra and he gave her a dam sword and he still destroyed her. Not something I could ever see karnak doing.

Dum Dum Dugan
except this isn't something special.
Wolverine's claws could kill Phobos as well and Mantis isn't a god anyway so I don't see why the blade makes a difference. His normal blade could be as effective
I was never argueing that it would being any sort of deciding factor in this fight. I simply stating what he sword is made for and what he done with it.

some people killing cannon fodder aguardians is a far cry from the same thing as killing the god of fear which was my only point.

His sword is made to kill gods, it vastly more impressive then any standard sword. It be as effective or more effective then an adamatium sword. However I not certainly asside from durability if it actaully has any magical effects. I think it may prevent healing, but I could be mistaken.

Though what good that do to mantis I have no idea. I not even certain if he need anything beyond a normal sword to even hurt her.

Prove that karnak is a better fighter? Gorgon took on elektra who had a sword AND guns and she didn't land ONE lick on him and she got BLITZED like she was a insect to him. Then he took on shield agents that included both wolverine AND elektra and they got blitzed and stomped yet again.

So again, what makes karnak better than gorgon when we have 2 top tier fighters getting THRASHED by him easily in a melee confrontation? I guess that makes the hulk and the juggernaut the best fighters ever huh? gorgon relies on his stats, which mantis and to a lesser extent karnak can counter

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by the ninjak
Mantis looked so hot in the last issue of Thanos Imperative. 1st page.

And I'm siding with her in this match-up.
lol just saw this and it made me laughing

carver9
Originally posted by 753
I guess that makes the hulk and the juggernaut the best fighters ever huh? gorgon relies on his stats, which mantis and to a lesser extent karnak can counter

What are you taqlking about? Elektra couldn't even touch the guy, do you think karnak could do the same things? Wolerine and elektra along with some shield agents jumped him and all of them got blitzed.

He was trained by the hand ninja... he is a great fighter and marvel ranked him as an extraordinary fighter.

Warlord

D_Dude1210
Mantis took down the Runner when he tried to blitz her. big grin

I think that was Celestial Madonna Mantis, tho.

carver9

What are you taqlking about? Elektra couldn't even touch the guy, do you think karnak could do the same things? Wolerine and elektra along with some shield agents jumped him and all of them got blitzed.

He was trained by the hand ninja... he is a great fighter and marvel ranked him as an extraordinary fighter. the hand ninja are fodder. mantis took down thor with MA, gorgon relies on his stats not on his MA. and karnak is the best inhuman h2h martial artist

Why would tp work on someone who has tp abilities as well? I do not think that it would wrk. because we've seen telepaths mindrape other other telepaths countless times.

iceman24567
Mantis is the better fighter and her overall formability gives her the win

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Mantis' precog told her that she would eventually lose to Karnak if the fight was allowed to play out. Don't really see her beating Gorgon. Context.

Also, merge: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=532811&goto=nextoldest

carver9
Originally posted by 753
the hand ninja are fodder. mantis took down thor with MA, gorgon relies on his stats not on his MA. and karnak is the best inhuman h2h martial artist

Lol... where are you getting the fact that gorgon relies on his stats... especially when we have wolverine on panel complimenting his "skill"? His stats just makes him even more powerful. I agree, the hand ninjas are fodder but it the fashion on how he took them out... pure super speed.

Karnak might be the best inhuman martial artist but that doesn't make him the best and it sure as hell doesn't mean that he could beat people like cap, wolverine, black panther, elektra, or iron fist, people that gorgon would walk all over.

As for this fight, you are really pushing it if you believe that mantis could mind rape him since he have tp of his own and you all really haven't shown me anything to make me believe that she could prevent a blitz from a being that outright blitzed a true speedster.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Mantis is the better fighter and her overall formability gives her the win

Huh? Make a thread with mantis, without using her powers vs some of marvel top tier fighters. Stop blurting out stuff iceman without backing it up.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ thumb up Context.

That is the context. She said Karnak would beat her in 2.6 minutes, hitting him once doesn't change that. It's not as though knocked him out or anything, she just hit him once. Heck the next time we see either of them is only a few panels after that and they are both fine. If Black Bolt hadn't grabbed Crystal and the fight played out to the end, Karnak would have put her down.

iceman24567
Huh? Make a thread with mantis, without using her powers vs some of marvel top tier fighters. Stop blurting out stuff iceman without backing it up. I'm stating my opinion thats all if you don't like it ignore me simple. She would hold her own without powers take away Gorgons powers and he wouldn't fair aswell. Mantis has legit skill not just Wolverine wanking erm.

srankmissingnin
Captain America has never said he is more skilled than Gorgon... the same isn't true for Mantis. cool

carver9
I'm stating my opinion thats all if you don't like it ignore me simple. She would hold her own without powers take away Gorgons powers and he wouldn't fair aswell. Mantis has legit skill not just Wolverine wanking erm.

Ok... now since we are debating, show me some true skill. Post them please.

iceman24567
Captain America has never said he is more skilled than Gorgon... the same isn't true for Mantis. cool LOL nice laughing

Warlord
Originally posted by 753
because we've seen telepaths mindrape other other telepaths countless times.

simple as that

Don Corleone
Someone wanted this scan, cant remember who, but here ya go.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4530/gog15008.th.jpg

Konton
Yeah, she was clearly implying that he would only be able to find her weakness and beat her if she let him. Pretty bad ass.

picture and dialogue make it clear she punched his lights out. trying to spin that to mean she acknowledged he was stronger than her is absurd.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Don Corleone

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4530/gog15008.th.jpg

You got scans of what happens after? I can't find my WoK issues. sad

Edit. Yeah, sucks when ppl resort to majorly downplaying BOTH the Mantis' feat AND Karnak's abilities to win a debate. :-/

the scan also confirms karnak can find weaknesses in fighting styles to explore. Anyway, mantis takes this, gorgons is leagues below her.

Don Corleone
You got scans of what happens after? I can't find my WoK issues. sad

Edit. Yeah, sucks when ppl resort to majorly downplaying BOTH the Mantis' feat AND Karnak's abilities to win a debate. :-/

Yes, but I left my house for work. I'll get them up soon enough.

carver9
Originally posted by 753
the scan also confirms karnak can find weaknesses in fighting styles to explore. Anyway, mantis takes this, gorgons is leagues below her.

Gorgon 8/10

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by 753
picture and dialogue make it clear she punched his lights out. trying to spin that to mean she acknowledged he was stronger than her is absurd.

Yeah, no. He was seen a page later and he was fine. She hit him. Big deal. You are reading into things that aren't there. There is no indication that he was koed or even sufficiently injured from that attack. She said that in 2.6 minutes he would beat her, hitting him once doesn't change that. If Black Bolt hadn't ended the fight, Karnak would have put Mantis down by her own admission.

Konton
She means to say that Karnak would win in 2.6 minutes... if he can survive that long lol

King Castle
i guess it depends on how well Mantis all her powers in the fight.. otherwise a melee fight cis on i could see her losing in close quarter combat

tkitna
She means to say that Karnak would win in 2.6 minutes... if he can survive that long lol

Thats exactly what it meant. Mantis basically said that karnak would beat her if she allowed him the time.

I dont think she would allow it.

Warlord
Mantis mindblasts him ftw

D_Dude1210
Mantis mindblasts him ftw

Yeah, no. He was seen a page later and he was fine. She hit him. Big deal. You are reading into things that aren't there. There is no indication that he was koed or even sufficiently injured from that attack. She said that in 2.6 minutes he would beat her, hitting him once doesn't change that. If Black Bolt hadn't ended the fight, Karnak would have put Mantis down by her own admission. She calculated how long it would take him to spot the weakness in her technique "provided you are still conscious" and then pawned him with a finger. Their fight ended right there as he wasnt seen engaging her any further. Your spin on it is ludicrous.

Gorgon 8/10 lulz Mantis best combat feats? Beating Thor, stepping up to Thanos, tripping the Runner, stomping a horde of thousands of COUT priests, the list goes on and on. Gorgon's best feats: pawned elektra. Mantis is on a league of her own. She also has precog, can mindstomp him and blast him to goo.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by 753
She calculated how long it would take him to spot the weakness in her technique "provided you are still conscious" and then pawned him with a finger. Their fight ended right there as he wasnt seen engaging her any further. Your spin on it is ludicrous.

thumb up

It would seem that because Gorgon managed to beat Elektra and Wolverine, the pro-Wolvie camp wants to put Gorgon on a pedestal.

Don Corleone
Someone whos not lazy (like me) , should put that scan of Mantis in her respect thread.

Warlord
a man's got to do what a man's got to do

Daredevil1
Originally posted by 753
lulz Mantis best combat feats? Beating Thor, stepping up to Thanos, tripping the Runner, stomping a horde of thousands of COUT priests, the list goes on and on. Gorgon's best feats: pawned elektra. Mantis is on a league of her own. She also has precog, can mindstomp him and blast him to goo.

You exaggerate some of her feats though. Beating Thor gives the impression that Thor fought her. But he didn't, she sneak attacked Thor with a pressure point while Thor was distracted, which brought Thor down. Impressive of course but not impressive since it wasn't a Thor fighting back.

Warlord
true.... still she has feats like beating the West Coast avengers using only h2h and that was before her upgrade etc

iceman24567
I think it's a case of carver exaggerating feats...... again

carver9
I think it's a case of carver exaggerating feats...... again

I think its a case of iceman never backing up his claims with evidence/scans... again.

Since the years you have been on kmc, have you ever posted a scan proving anything that you say?

iceman24567
^I have posted scans to you even your head must be so dense you can't remember either way scans aren't needed to back up my case almost everybody in here agrees Mantis is superior to Gorgon in a 1 on 1 fight. Criticism from somebody that puts Samurai Jack at mid herald and Goku at skyfather hilarious.....

D_Dude1210
Samurai Jack at mid herald waaaat? O_O

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Daredevil1
You exaggerate some of her feats though. Beating Thor gives the impression that Thor fought her. But he didn't, she sneak attacked Thor with a pressure point while Thor was distracted, which brought Thor down. Impressive of course but not impressive since it wasn't a Thor fighting back.

Mantis was insane under Englehart no two ways about it. She was Marvel's Karate Kid under him.

Punking the Avengers, the West Coast Avengers etc. The way she treated Thor was horrible. Karnak in comparison made Thor let go of Mjolnir or something equally unimpressive by striking him in his weak spot. IIRC Thor was off balance and caught in Medusa's hair at the time.

basilisk
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Yeah, that was the first one. Then in a later issue she was fighting the Avengers again and was tossing them around. Somehow she got behind Thor during the brawl and knocked him out briefly again. Thor was such a loser under Englehart.

true.... still she has feats like beating the West Coast avengers using only h2h and that was before her upgrade etc
Although Wonder Man actually had her beat at the end.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Mantis was insane under Englehart no two ways about it. She was Marvel's Karate Kid under him.
Englehart definitely had a thing for Mantis, kind of like the Starlin-Thanos thing. Although under Englehart she did get quickly neutralized by Libra and Champion, stalemated by Dr. Strange (H2H), and stopped by Wonder Man. KK probably would have taken on all those guys at oncesmile

Bentley
Not Wonderman, since he teleports now shifty

Warlord
Originally posted by Bentley
Not Wonderman, since he teleports now shifty

maybe they'll show him using more of the powers he had in his mini jopefully

carver9
^I have posted scans to you even your head must be so dense you can't remember either way scans aren't needed to back up my case almost everybody in here agrees Mantis is superior to Gorgon in a 1 on 1 fight. Criticism from somebody that puts Samurai Jack at mid herald and Goku at skyfather hilarious.....

I never said goku was skyfather. Why would I say that when I also said odin would stomp him? What I did say is that goku is a trans level being.

Samurai jack is a looney toon character that could do almost anything with that sword. This is a guy that instantly killed thousands of beings that was tossing buildings like candy.

His stats isn't herald level but his looney toon feats are... especially since we have him falling all the way from the moon, landing on his head and bouncing back up like nothing happened. I would give samurai jack a solid 10/10 against even goku.

As for the fight, show me some mantis feats.

iceman24567
I never said goku was skyfather. Why would I say that when I also said odin would stomp him? What I did say is that goku is a trans level being.

Samurai jack is a looney toon character that could do almost anything with that sword. This is a guy that instantly killed thousands of beings that was tossing buildings like candy.

His stats isn't herald level but his looney toon feats are... especially since we have him falling all the way from the moon, landing on his head and bouncing back up like nothing happened. I would give samurai jack a solid 10/10 against even goku.

As for the fight, show me some mantis feats. Oh your still on that i thought my post was pretty clear eek!

Bentley
Mantis has pyrokinesis, I assume Gorgon has fire invulnerability?

King Castle
in the form of energy blast.. right? no expression

Bentley
Originally posted by King Castle
in the form of energy blast.. right? no expression

She's used that ability about two times and I don't recall the energy blast. I'll check on it.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ thumb up Context. Originally posted by Don Corleone

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/4530/gog15008.th.jpg Thank you for the context. thumb up

iceman24567
If she uses all of her abilities Karnak wouldn't have time to find her weakness imo

Daredevil1
Originally posted by basilisk
Yeah, that was the first one. Then in a later issue she was fighting the Avengers again and was tossing them around. Somehow she got behind Thor during the brawl and knocked him out briefly again.

IIRC she got Thor away but he was not out. Black Panther even commented she is lucky that Thor is holding back.

OneDumbG0
If she uses all of her abilities Karnak wouldn't have time to find her weakness imo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.