Dumb Drax the Destroyer vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
1.Slugfest no Power Gem for Drax -no bfr

2.Slugfest PG for Drax- nbfr

3.All powers for both ,no PG for Drax

4.All powers PG for Drax

How do theses go?

Black bolt z
Drax in all.

carver9
Glads wins all of them. With glads amping ability I think he could physically surpass drax with the gem. Drax is powerful but glads is far more powerful.

Nihilist
Originally posted by carver9
Glads wins all of them. With glads amping ability I think he could physically surpass drax with the gem. Drax is powerful but glads is far more powerful. What proof do you have to back this up.

carver9
Originally posted by Nihilist
What proof do you have to back this up.

What are you asking for? Proof of what?

Nihilist
What are you asking for? Proof of what? That he can/has amped past Drax strength with the gem or even has strength feats that match up to Drax's.

Drax w/PG one shotted Champion who had a pair of power gauntlets, which he destroyed a planet by punching it and he was easily smacking around Surfer whilst aided by said gauntlets.

Colossus-Big C
how strong is drax?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
how strong is drax? Drax the Destroyer - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...x-the-Destroyer

carver9
That he can/has amped past Drax strength with the gem or even has strength feats that match up to Drax's.

Drax w/PG one shotted Champion who had a pair of power gauntlets, which he destroyed a planet by punching it and he was easily smacking around Surfer whilst aided by said gauntlets.

Well champion caused a chain reaction when he busted a planet whereas gladiator punched one to dust... moved a meteor that was blocking a star lane... moved a planet... was going to punch sam from earth to the core of the sun... one handed the baxter building, one shotted binary, one shotted thing and recently lifted up a device that was stated as being the size of a mountain.

Nihilist
Well champion caused a chain reaction when he busted a planet whereas gladiator punched one to dust... moved a meteor that was blocking a star lane... moved a planet... was going to punch sam from earth to the core of the sun... one handed the baxter building, one shotted binary, one shotted thing and recently lifted up a device that was stated as being the size of a mountain. Im not talking about Thanos Quest, im talknig about SS v3 #112, and regular weaker Drax has destroyed planets with one punch, and star and a planet togeher and ripped a star in half.

The thing he lifted, he was struggling to hold it.

King Castle
i say Drax wins them all unless he gets distracted.

slugfest is not the way to go with drax even without the power gem.. Chronos connected Drax to his own near inexhaustible power source long before the power gem. its the main reason adam chose drax, the gem not adding much to drax power and already fit to use it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
1. Edge to Gladiator
2. Stalemate or slight edge to Drax.
3. Edge to Gladiator.
4. Stalemate.

carver9
Im not talking about Thanos Quest, im talknig about SS v3 #112, and regular weaker Drax has destroyed planets with one punch, and star and a planet togeher and ripped a star in half.

The thing he lifted, he was struggling to hold it.

Do you have scans? Not doubting you, I just want to see it since I am a drax fan and you really don't have heralds that can bust planets with their fist.

He wasn't struggling... I don't know where you got that from.

I do not see or know of a reason on why you think drax is above gladiator physically when overall, gladiator doesn't have a limit on his strength or durability.

King Castle
Gladiator can win off of pure High feats and no cis but, on average i dont see that happening...

carver9
Originally posted by King Castle
Gladiator can win off of pure High feats and no cis but, on average i dont see that happening...

His average feats has changed.

He has currently defeated vulcan with a slap... took on the entire force that was invading the shiar empire and was stomping them. Blitzed the entire xmen group before they had enough time to even think about attacking... taking out the nova group single handily.

Even back in the day his normal showings was beastly and he was taken down by plot.

King Castle
the difference between the two is that Drax has high avergae good showing with the likes of thor, maxam, thanos, firelord, Silver surfer... etc etc..

plus.. unlike Gladiator the longer the fighting continue the more he draws from his power reserves and that is without a power gem.

the same cant be said for Gladiator the longer the fight goes on the more he is likely to question himself leaving him exploitable.

Nihilist
Do you have scans? Not doubting you, I just want to see it since I am a drax fan and you really don't have heralds that can bust planets with their fist.http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_10-11.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_12.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_13.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_20.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_21-1.jpg

From the text in which he said to "hurry as he didnt know much longer he could hold it" or words to that effect

laughing out loud he does as seen on panel, if anything Drax with the gem would be nearer to your statement than Glads,Drax with the PG was stated to have inlimited strength.

Nihilist
His average feats has changed.

He has currently defeated vulcan with a slap... took on the entire force that was invading the shiar empire and was stomping them. Blitzed the entire xmen group before they had enough time to even think about attacking... taking out the nova group single handily.

Even back in the day his normal showings was beastly and he was taken down by plot. And struggling physically against Black Bolt and had to call for help,BB is well below Dumb Drax is strength. Drax was stated at being on par with the Hulk and that was without the gem.

carver9
the difference between the two is that Drax has high avergae good showing with the likes of thor, maxam, thanos, firelord, Silver surfer... etc etc..

plus.. unlike Gladiator the longer the fighting continue the more he draws from his power reserves and that is without a power gem.

the same cant be said for Gladiator the longer the fight goes on the more he is likely to question himself leaving him exploitable.

Have a question... how many times have gladiator questioned himself in a fight for people to continue to use it as an equation for an auto loss?

Gladiator is the better fighter out of the two... far more faster and would possibly start off stronger so why would he need to doubt himself?

King Castle
its an obvious weakness.. its used b/c it will happen sooner or later the only question how long it will take.

30 hour an 1 hour or a day etc etc..

its the same as ppl using Drax dumbness as costing him a fight.

carver9
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_10-11.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_12.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_13.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_20.jpg
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/SilverSurferv3098_21-1.jpg

From the text in which he said to "hurry as he didnt know much longer he could hold it" or words to that effect

laughing out loud he does as seen on panel, if anything Drax with the gem would be nearer to your statement than Glads,Drax with the PG was stated to have inlimited strength.

Champion didn't physically destroy that planet... it was stated that it was an energy attack.

It was also stated when champion had the gem that gladiator could possibly beat him when he was put in the ring with champion due to glads strength.

Everyone fears blackbolt, hulk, even sentry fear him, apocalypse, and the list goes on. Black bolt scream rules all. We seen what happened when glads and black bolt fought before... black bolt whispered in his ear and almost killed him.

You are seriously under estimating black bolt... this is the same guy that vtook out sphinx, a being that stalemated galactus.

Nihilist
Champion didn't physically destroy that planet... it was stated that it was an energy attack. Drax still one shotted him with utter ease, Glads could have not done that.Read the first page of the Drax respect thread through the link i posted, in there it shows non Dunm Drax destroyibg a planet with a punch.

Yet iirc Champ wrecked him, and it has also been said Drax has the strength to beat Thanos so..

They only fought physically when Glads struggled in WOK and needed help.

Stalemated laughing out loud context, and Nova took out Sphinx as well do you think he is stronger than Drax? And BB didnt take out Sphinx due to strength.

carver9
Drax still one shotted him with utter ease, Glads could have not done that.Read the first page of the Drax respect thread through the link i posted, in there it shows non Dunm Drax destroyibg a planet with a punch.

Yet iirc Champ wrecked him, and it has also been said Drax has the strength to beat Thanos so..

They only fought physically when Glads struggled in WOK and needed help.

Stalemated laughing out loud context, and Nova took out Sphinx as well do you think he is stronger than Drax? And BB didnt take out Sphinx due to strength.

I'm not impressed by that version of champion... his showings physically sucks and I do think that glads could take that version of champion with ease.

We really don't what happened in the champion and glads fight since it wasn't shown.

Black bolt didn't have any type of physical advantage in a fight with glads... glads got black bolt off him immediately when he seen him charging at him just like any sane man would if bb was attacking them.

I never said that black bolt was stronger than drax... I said that you are under estimating bb and you are.black bolt has tackled hulk magneto and the list goes on.

quanchi112
Gladiator wins.

carver9
its an obvious weakness.. its used b/c it will happen sooner or later the only question how long it will take.

30 hour an 1 hour or a day etc etc..

its the same as ppl using Drax dumbness as costing him a fight.

But this weakness rarely happens if at all and I honestly believe that gladiator would end the fight before this even happens. Again... he is faster, would start off stronger... smarter out of the two, the better fighter and if drax strength increase gladiator could get as powerful as well.

MONSTAR
lol at people using the loss of confidence thing against gladiator in nearly every thread hes in.... Gladiator has fought tyrant, hulk, thor, supreme, hyperion, wonderman and countless aliens without losing confidence... Gladiator wins this battle because of strength, speed and fighting ability. Plus gladiator can become a whole lot stronger in this fight... Something people seem to forget but always bring up him getting weaker because he might lose confidence. I wonder why.

rotiart
Anyone have the issue number for when gladiator fought ego?

Stoic
1. Gladiator

2. Drax

3. Gladiator

4. Drax

Gladiator in my opinion is just a better fighter, and even though he is weaker in every scenario mentioned, it would take Drax with the PG, to overcome the martial arts that Gladiator possesses over this simpleton. None of the fights that Gladiator would win would be easy, but I see him winning a majority if Drax has no PG.

Nihilist
I'm not impressed by that version of champion... his showings physically sucks and I do think that glads could take that version of champion with ease. That version of Champion was easily knocking the shit out of Surfer, something Glads cant do or has the feats to say he could do that to Surfer or what Drax did to Champ.

But we do know Glads didnt win and was in a bad way.

BB easily held his own, and by your own admission BB isnt a physically formidable as Drax.

We are talking about physically, BB isnt a top class brute when it comes to a punch up.

carver9
That version of Champion was easily knocking the shit out of Surfer, something Glads cant do or has the feats to say he could do that to Surfer or what Drax did to Champ.

But we do know Glads didnt win and was in a bad way.

BB easily held his own, and by your own admission BB isnt a physically formidable as Drax.

We are talking about physically, BB isnt a top class brute when it comes to a punch up.

That version of champion also got his ribs cracked by thing. Someone else owned him during that time... I just can't think of it right now.

I agree, glad was looking pretty bad but champion had the gem and he know how to use its potential far better than drax.

Again, you are under estimating black bolt. Black bolt has one shotted thing, went physical with the hulk, namor, an immortal, etc, etc. Is he hulk or thor strong, nope, but can he tackle them physically, he sure can.

Nihilist
That version of champion also got his ribs cracked by thing. Someone else owned him during that time... I just can't think of it right now.That version of Champion with the power gauntlets only fought Surfer and was smacking him around for fun.

Champion has only ever been able to use the gem Subconsciously(same as Drax), in fact in Thanos quest he though the gem didnt even work at all.

All you have said Drax could do and has done, and is stronger than all youve named.

carver9
hOriginally posted by Nihilist
That version of Champion with the power gauntlets only fought Surfer and was smacking him around for fun.

Champion has only ever been able to use the gem Subconsciously(same as Drax), in fact in Thanos quest he though the gem didnt even work at all.

All you have said Drax could do and has done, and is stronger than all youve named.

How is drax stronger than all of them when professor hulk stalemated him?

That version of drax didn't get a durability increase with the gauntlet... it increased his energy base power.

During the time glads fought champion, he MASTERED the gem and again, it was stated that glads could match champion with his planetary moving, star ripping strength.

Sr J-Bieb
During the time glads fought champion, he MASTERED the gem and again, it was stated that glads could match champion with his planetary moving, star ripping strength. lol no he didn't, and also:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/SheHulk70076.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/SheHulk70084.jpg

iceman24567
Drax wins all except 3

Nihilist
h

How is drax stronger than all of them when professor hulk stalemated him?Drax was playing around for the whole fight, and was never in danger of losing even when Hulk said he stopped holding back.

What...are you talking about Drax or Champ here? because Champ took Surfers shot like they were nothing.

laughing out loud See Brans post, and a weaker version of Drax was ripping stars apart...

carver9
Drax was playing around for the whole fight, and was never in danger of losing even when Hulk said he stopped holding back.

What...are you talking about Drax or Champ here? because Champ took Surfers shot like they were nothing.

laughing out loud See Brans post, and a weaker version of Drax was ripping stars apart...

Both was playing around but neither were able to damage the other and I do not think that drax was pulling his punches.

I meant to say champion and numerous of people back then had good showings against the surfer, hell, a couple of months before the champion and sufer fight, ironman temporarily defeated the surfer and vision held the surfer at bay inside of a volcanoe.

Yeah, I admitted that glads got punked in that fight but glaiator also didn't use his other powers in that fight either, he fought on champions term and again, I believe that champion with the gem is more powerful than drax with the gem and champion outfighting gladiator isn't a bad thing since champion knows every fighting style in the universe.

Why are you bringing up drax ripping a star apart? I never said that he was weak, I would put him above most high heralds except glads.

Black bolt z
StillOriginally posted by Black bolt z
Drax in all.

Prep-Man
Gladiator.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Still Really ?

Nihilist
Both was playing around but neither were able to damage the other and I do not think that drax was pulling his punches.Halfway into the fight Hulk started to take the fight serious and said he wasnt gonna hold back anymore as Drax was starting to hurt him. Drax took the whole fight as a play thing, he words even said so.

There is a difference between good showings and dominating him.And non of them physically smacked him around for fun and took his best shot like the were nothing like Champion did and laughing out loud at the 2 examples you tried to use to discredit Champs showing.

Glads still didnt have the power to do any real damage to a power gem holder. And what makes you think Champ with the gem is above Drax with the gem other than giving credit to your argument about Gladiator.

lulzGlads is mid herald at best, there are far more above him in herald class.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Really ? yes.

quanchi112
yes. Drax is an idiot whereas Glads is a brutal warrior

Black bolt z
Drax is an idiot whereas Glads is a brutal warrior Drax is also stronger in being brutish.

And he has pretty good energy attacks.

quanchi112
Drax is also stronger in being brutish.

And he has pretty good energy attacks. Gladiaotr is more highly skilled and can take advantage of the big idiot.

Black bolt z
Gladiaotr is more highly skilled and can take advantage of the big idiot. Define high skilled.

More skilled then Drax?Easily.

Lord_Talron
ok how do you beat ANYONE who has the PG in a physical confrontation?

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
ok how do you beat ANYONE who has the PG in a physical confrontation? Hit them in the stomach.

But Gladiator is no Thor or Gamora.

quanchi112
Define high skilled.

More skilled then Drax?Easily. You don't know what highly skilled means now....really ?

ok how do you beat ANYONE who has the PG in a physical confrontation? Take the gem away.

Nihilist
No gem stealing which falls under the no pis rule.

quanchi112
No gem stealing which falls under the no pis rule. Then you've given Glads no chance against a power gem sporting Drax in the last scenario.

Nihilist
Then you've given Glads no chance against a power gem sporting Drax in the last scenario. Not according to alot of other posters.

Black bolt z
You don't know what highly skilled means now....really ?

Take the gem away. no expression

By define highly skilled I meant what skilled feats does glads have?

Lord_Talron
You don't know what highly skilled means now....really ?

Take the gem away. and how does that work when hes stronger than you?

quanchi112
Not according to alot of other posters. There's no way for him to physically put him down if he accesses the power gem.

no expression

By define highly skilled I meant what skilled feats does glads have? So you have no knowledge on the Gladiator as well.Originally posted by Lord_Talron
and how does that work when hes stronger than you? Skill can overcome strength.

Lord_Talron
not when hes basically infinity times stronger than you.....

quanchi112
not when hes basically infinity times stronger than you..... He can't beat him with the power gem since he can't remove it otherwise glads wins.

Branlor Swift
Glads wins all of them. With glads amping ability I think he could physically surpass drax with the gem. Drax is powerful but glads is far more powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.