Golden Age Captain Marvel in Marvel Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
http://www.marvelfamily.com/images/Funfacts/media/Whiz002_StoryMasthead.jpg

vs

http://thequarterbin.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/marvel.jpg

Not saying he's taking on the whole 616 Earth. Just where would he rank? Who would he beat? Who would beat him and how?

TheLordofMurder
Thor, assuming no CIS/PIS, ends a fight between them very rapidly via "Soul Suck."

Prep-Man
He'd be at the top of the list. Especially with his true invulnerability and PC strength.

CosmicComet
Did Golden Age Cap have PC level strength?

I'm in the process of hunting down and downloading his Whiz Comics appearances.

I THINK I remember mention of him lifting up South America one time casually? Not sure if that was a Golden Age feat or not.

Prep-Man
Yeah, I think he had great strength or close to PC.

CosmicComet
Cap has always been a bad ass if that's the case.

How many Golden Age characters can one say would hold up well against even today's top tiers?

Prep-Man
What do you mean?

And IIRC, I remember Cap building a planet. Pretty crazy feat.

CosmicComet
^I mean to my knowledge, not many Golden Age characters were all that powerful. Yet its possible Golden Age Cap could be inserted into many modern stuff today and still be a top tier.

I'm downloading a load of Whiz comics stuff right now.

Prep-Man
Yeah, you're right. BA was powerful as well. He once gathered all the earth's lightning to combat SHAZAM. I think that was GA.

CosmicComet
Hmm so far it seems he's FTL in the Golden Age too. Kinda surprised at that.

CosmicComet
Lol

It seems Golden age Cap is completely invulnerable afterall. He took a special canon shell with the power of '3 trillion TNT' to the chest to no effect.

He blinked. A little bit. Actually no. Not even that.

Galan007
When he was first published, Cap was considered quite a bit more powerful than even the likes of Superman. Why? Because he had the same amount of strength (if not more) + magics + NO weaknesses to speak of. But when DC eventually bought out Fawcett Publications (which was the company that published Whiz comics) it obviously didn't take long for them to begin waning Cap down to roughly Superman's level. Flash Fact.

Anyhow, Cap would be in the tip-top echelons of the 616 earth hierarchy, imo. The dude had ridiculous power.

CosmicComet
Aye, tis common knowledge.

And oh hey. It looks like Cap could easily time travel too. (By going FTL to the Rock of Eternity and then flying back to a time of his choosing).

I'm loving the writing so far. It's far more intelligent and mature than I thought it would be. And Cap behaving like a grown man, and being a whole different personality than Billy is awesome as well. A 12 year old mind in a 30 year old's frame is just wrong.

Prep-Man
yeah, a lot of people think its cheesy comics, but there are a lot of grim stuff and death.

CosmicComet
Just read him tossing a small planet sized monster easily to the sun. The monster was close to earth too.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Galan007
When he was first published, Cap was considered quite a bit more powerful than even the likes of Superman. Why? Because he had the same amount of strength (if not more) + magics + NO weaknesses to speak of. But when DC eventually bought out Fawcett Publications (which was the company that published Whiz comics) it obviously didn't take long for them to begin waning Cap down to roughly Superman's level. Flash Fact.
but for some reasons some superman fans think superman was always a tad more powerful than the marvels
smh

King Kandy
GA Captain Marvel is just a cut above GA DC. Even GA Spectre would probably lose to him.

CosmicComet
This would probably be difficult to confirm, but is Captain Marvel the first Golden Age comic character to travel FTL? If not who was?

I've seen at least 3 FTL feats by him so far.

Prep-Man
I think most users here have hardly read those stories. How is the feats coming along?

CosmicComet
The feats are going awesome.

Cap is able to hurt the robot Mister Atom. The same Mister Atom that was able to utterly tank an explosion that was powerful enough to throw him 100 years into the future.

I don't see anyone on 616 Earth beating Cap. He is a true monster. He's funny too.

Prep-Man
Mister Atom was also able to lift the Rock Of Eternity. Which is said to weigh infinity.

CosmicComet
He was? That's awesome.

I didn't know the Rock of Eternity had incalculable weight either, but Cap did say if it was destroyed it would destroy the universe.

Since Cap is able to lift it as well as Mister Atom, then its safe to say GA Cap is already at least equal to his Silver Age counter part.

In this thread, it is apparent now that Cap forcibly takes Thor's Mjolnir, and comically bonks him over the head with it. KO'ing him for a hundred years.

Prep-Man
Check the respect thread. I asked a Billy fan some PC feats and he gave me some. I posted it in the CA respect thread.

CosmicComet
Aye I read it, so he lifted the RoE when DC revived him or during his Fawcett run?

Prep-Man
Good question. Not sure, but I have no way of contacting the guy anymore. sad

CosmicComet
He was on Hero Chat correct?

I'm going to continue downloading Fawcett comics and see what I find.

...Strange what this thread has become. Just a discussion on GA Cap is what it has de-routed to.

Not that I mind.

Prep-Man
Yup.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.