thor vs silver surfer (tournament style)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
just realized this was never made

- same rules as the others; no holding back, full powers are in play, both characters are governed by tourney style combat rules meaning that winning by using each characters history for good or bad is in play, i.e. if some feel thor is not as fast as surfer, surfer would be able to capitalize on it since he'd be aware of it like we are.

- they fight in a fully populated universe just without heroes and villains (minus power objects, aside from the surfboard and mjolnir). normal civilians are present as well as their cities and vehicles in order for both characters to use their powers more normally (like matter rearranging and whatnot)

- no prep

D_Dude1210
I can imagine Surfer shrinking to microverse size, entering Thor's ear and then opening a black hole in his brain.

Can actually imagine Thor countering this somehow. But atm I can think of any good feats he has that can do so.

Edit. IMO, a comic fight between the two always comes down to a slight teeny tiny itsy bitsy advantage to Thor. But undecided on who to vote for in Tournament style fighting. I believe Surfer is the faster/more powerful (in terms of general output)/more durable/more versatile of the two while Thor is the better fighter with better damage soak and has a strong tendency to go beyond his own limitations when a desperate situation arises...

I'm completely split... O_O

Rage.Of.Olympus
So what, this is basically us controlling the character's as we would like or the character's actually utilizing their less shown powers?

Either way, it's going to come to do Surfer's speed vs. Thor's raw power and Mjolnir. It almost always does.

psycho gundam
well, one off powers will not go over too well, but if you can convince the majority that it's feasible then go for it.

Malevolent1
Both characters all out bloodlusted not holding back?

Very tough call. Thor has stated that he holds back consistently for fear of harming other mortals...rarely does he just unload completely on someone. A great example of this is his battles with the Hulk. Thor knows if he kills the Hulk, he kills Banner, an innocent man cursed by his alter ego, for what? Saving some dumb teenager?

Norrin, is also a pacifist...rarely does he unleash.

I give the slight edge to Surfer because of his speed and recent upgrade in power. He destroyed Beta Ray Bill, who beat Thor in Thor #338.

illadelph12
Surfer via insta-restraints and disarmament (encasing Thor's hands in some material which disables his ability to wield Mjolnir), followed by a severe pummeling of blasts and a black hole lobotomy.

demonizer08
I would have to give it to Thor. Mjollnir can counter all of Surfers powers. And as far as abillity and overal strength, Thor is a grade above.

leonidas
i've been pretty consistent with thor here, but i'm tempted to claim ss just to get into it with odg. oh the memories....... heh

Scoobless
SS' speed advantage is shown in which scans? I don't think I've ever seen him perform even a Quicksilver level combat feat.

"Id"
Shit is about to get real, In the Might Thor 3!

Digi
Thor turns on his omni-directional absorption abilities via Mjolnir, and nothing Surfer tries to do near him works. It then gets turned back on Surfer.

Or insta-fry via magic lightning, which can and has wrecked Surfer before (it was WM Thor, but I doubt that amped the lightning).

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Digi
Thor turns on his omni-directional absorption abilities via Mjolnir, and nothing Surfer tries to do near him works. It then gets turned back on Surfer.

Or insta-fry via magic lightning, which can and has wrecked Surfer before (it was WM Thor, but I doubt that amped the lightning).

Can't Surfer also redirect Thor's own lightning back at him? We sure know how that worked out for Thor when Cho did it.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8415/thorcho.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3267/thorcho2.jpg

Digi
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Can't Surfer also redirect Thor's own lightning back at him?

I dunno. Can he?

Naija boy

A very god scenario for surfer As while thor is busy absorbing surfers energy attacks, Surfer rams hims in the back of the head with his board.....

leonidas
Originally posted by Naija boy
A very god scenario for surfer As while thor is busy absorbing surfers energy attacks, Surfer rams hims in the back of the head with his board.....

laughing out loud

that big fat cheater WOULD pull that stunt.... shifty

~The Wickerman~
I dunno. Can he?

Sorry dude, not a big cosmic-level fan so I can't answer that. sad

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Can't Surfer also redirect Thor's own lightning back at him? We sure know how that worked out for Thor when Cho did it.

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/8415/thorcho.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/3267/thorcho2.jpg

Might as well post this as evidence:
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38780/863207-surfer_vs_storm_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7604/956348-scan0011up5_super.jpg

God I hate Pak's love for his pets. One shotted with his own lightning? Ridiculous and stupid.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

God I hate Pak's love for his pets. One shotted with his own lightning? Ridiculous and stupid.

Yeah I thought it was pretty retarded as well for several reasons:

1. The thunderbolt was meant to de-power Cho's shields, not do damage.
2. Given the above, why in the name of Christ on a stick did it do dmg. to Thor?
3. How the hell did it go THROUGH him laughing out loud Wtf happened to his durability? laughing out loud

HigH ScholaR
Thor throws his hammer surfer teleports it or opens up a portal and reopens it/teleports right near Thor's head. Then either Thor is KO'd if not surfer then traps Thor in his board after the incident and relases Thor in the energies of the crunch or a black hole. Surfer can always create a new board.

Originally posted by Malevolent1
Both characters all out bloodlusted not holding back?

Very tough call. Thor has stated that he holds back consistently for fear of harming other mortals...rarely does he just unload completely on someone. A great example of this is his battles with the Hulk. Thor knows if he kills the Hulk, he kills Banner, an innocent man cursed by his alter ego, for what? Saving some dumb teenager?

Norrin, is also a pacifist...rarely does he unleash.

I give the slight edge to Surfer because of his speed and recent upgrade in power. He destroyed Beta Ray Bill, who beat Thor in Thor #338.

Surfer holds back too and Surfer never got an "upgrade"

cpd12589
I gotta go with Thor also. A god blast from Thor is stronger than anything Silver Surfer can do to Thor. Also if Odinforce comes into play then it's over for Surfer.

Silver Surfer is no joke and it would be a good match IMO. But Thor comes out on top even without Odinforce.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.