Gorgon (shishido) vs Secret Six

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
gorgon has his sunglasses at the start of the fight

secret six consists of

- black alice

- scandal savage

- bane

- catman

- ragdoll

- deadshot

- jeanette

KingD19
Gorgon makes this an interesting fight, but he wins the majority.

iceman24567
If he keeps his glasses on he gets wrecked but team for a majority having a banshee on your team is a plus

Konton
Black Alice poops on him as long as she doesn't get blitzed before powering up.

srankmissingnin
Phobos, the God of Fear powers had no effect on Gorgon, I imagine Jeanette's wail would have the same potency.

Black Alice is the only potential threat, and even that is playing the odds and hoping she jacks the powers of someone worth while.

iceman24567
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Phobos, the God of Fear powers had no effect on Gorgon, I imagine Jeanette's wail would have the same potency.

Black Alice is the only potential threat, and even that is playing the odds and hoping she jacks the powers of someone worth while. Except her scream and what Phobos does aren't the same thing erm

Q99

Black Alice is the only potential threat, and even that is playing the odds and hoping she jacks the powers of someone worth while.

BA does chose her powers, so she's not likely to pick someone bad for the job.

carver9
Gorgon wins hands down 7 or 8/10

Prep-Man
black alice wins.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by iceman24567
Except her scream and what Phobos does aren't the same thing erm
There kinda similar and the fact Gorgon completely immune to Phobes powers does not boldwell for her. Also the fact Gorgons already dead also strengthens the believe that her powers are going to have little to no effect on him.

Prep-Man
How are they similar?

KingD19
Are we certain Jeannette's wail can affect the undead?

And on top of that, while I myself don't see the similarities, the fact that Gorgon flat out no sold Phobos' powers shows that if a God's power wouldn't affect him, anyone else would be hard pressed to. Although the fact that he already died once and was unafraid of death even as a child(tried twice to commit suicide) probably means he was telling the truth when he told Phobos he feared nothing. No fear means fear based powers don't work.

srankmissingnin
I thought Black Alice needed to be in LOS to steal someones powers by choice or she just got something at random.

carver9
This team literally get stomped. Gorgon has taken on teams and defeated them with ease that would give this team trouble.

Gorgon rapes here... they have no way of dropping him or preventing from getting blitzed and gutted.

iceman24567
Originally posted by KingD19
Are we certain Jeannette's wail can affect the undead?

And on top of that, while I myself don't see the similarities, the fact that Gorgon flat out no sold Phobos' powers shows that if a God's power wouldn't affect him, anyone else would be hard pressed to. Although the fact that he already died once and was unafraid of death even as a child(tried twice to commit suicide) probably means he was telling the truth when he told Phobos he feared nothing. No fear means fear based powers don't work. This is pretty much what i think. This team combined beats him

Prep-Man
I thought Black Alice needed to be in LOS to steal someones powers by choice or she just got something at random.

She can steal whatever power she wants. In Reign of hell, she had to be close to steal, but I think Gail ignored that. Either way, she is uber powerful when she wants to be.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Prep-Man
She can steal whatever power she wants. In Reign of hell, she had to be close to steal, but I think Gail ignored that. Either way, she is uber powerful when she wants to be.
is this consistent though?

I have a feeling no. People tend to take one time feats or story arcs and run with them as if there the norm. Perfect example is DS healing factor, in one arc it was potrayed at very high levels, though the vast majority of the time it potrayed far weaker. Though many DS fans would for a time were trying to pass that one time arc as the norm. Same with colossus ability to be immune to rogue, it happen once, but people try and pretend it the norm, dispite the fact it has effected him a number of times before and after that event if not mistaken. So is this in fact consistent? or is this one time event or story arc?

Gecko4lif
In shadow pact she stole what ever powers she wanted whenever she wanted

for 10 mins at a time

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan

I have a feeling no. People tend to take one time feats or story arcs and run with them as if there the norm. Perfect example is DS healing factor, in one arc it was potrayed at very high levels, though the vast majority of the time it potrayed far weaker. Though many DS fans would for a time were trying to pass that one time arc as the norm. Same with colossus ability to be immune to rogue, it happen once, but people try and pretend it the norm, dispite the fact it has effected him a number of times before and after that event if not mistaken. So is this in fact consistent? or is this one time event or story arc?

It was only once when she HAD to touch people. All the other times, she didn't have to from what I remember.

And, yes, Shadowpact, she could do whatever.

Q99

She can always pick who she wants, but the stronger they are the harder it is to hold, with the duration hard to tell in advance.

So she'll pick someone like Giganta over Black Adam a lot of the time, or Blue Devil over Alan Scott, but she picks people for the job at hand all the time, and people who aren't nearby as well.

Like Giganta when a large distraction for a jailbreak was needed, or Dr. Occult for some magic tracking.

StyleTime
To be honest, I'm not sure if it's been specifically stated. We've seen her choose like in Day of Vengeance, and Birds of Prey(I think it was around the issues that Misfit first appeared.). I do remember Alice having the victims in her line of sight though, so srank may be on to something. I don't have all of her appearances though, so I don't want to jump to any conclusions.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Q99
She can always pick who she wants, but the stronger they are the harder it is to hold, with the duration hard to tell in advance.

So she'll pick someone like Giganta over Black Adam a lot of the time, or Blue Devil over Alan Scott, but she picks people for the job at hand all the time, and people who aren't nearby as well.

Like Giganta when a large distraction for a jailbreak was needed, or Dr. Occult for some magic tracking.

Yeah, that's why high end magic users are afraid of her. She can literally take Spectre's power, if she wants. When she was first introduced, she was quite uber.

Q99
During Infinite Crisis, she fought a jailbreak using Alan Scott's powers, and Alan Scott was off with Donna Troy's gang in deep space.

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Yeah, that's why high end magic users are afraid of her. She can literally take Spectre's power, if she wants. When she was first introduced, she was quite uber.

And she's done Phantom Stranger relatively recently.

PS being no-where near her line of sight at the time.

psycho gundam
just wait a sec, doesn't the kmc battledome or whatever limit the use of her abilities?

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
During Infinite Crisis, she fought a jailbreak using Alan Scott's powers, and Alan Scott was off with Donna Troy's gang in deep space.

And she's done Phantom Stranger relatively recently.

PS being no-where near her line of sight at the time.
We know she doesn't have to see them. The question was whether or not she actually chooses her victims when she can't see them.

I don't have a problem with the notion that she can of course, but I don't have any definite confirmation of it.

The Pict
Originally posted by carver9
This team literally get stomped. Gorgon has taken on teams and defeated them with ease that would give this team trouble.

Gorgon rapes here... they have no way of dropping him or preventing from getting blitzed and gutted.

Gorgon gets stomped more like.

Unless he blitzes BA first, no reason why he would, he has no chance.

BA can become one of the most powerful beings in the DC-verse.

"No way of dropping him?" roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9
Originally posted by The Pict

Why wouldn't he drop ba first if each character gets basic knowledge of the other? That would be my first target if I was gorgon.

srankmissingnin
I don't know, I could have sworn she needed to be LOS to get to pick someones powers or she just got something random from one of the many magic users in DCU... but I don't care enough to go through her back catalog and find it.

The Pict
LOS?

Edit: Line of sight? No she was taking people's powers in Secret Six without seeing them. Instantaneous as well IIRC. She puts Gorgon down, no problem.

Dum Dum Dugan

yes there would be plenty of reason, the rules state he gets baisc knolwedge of there abilities and that is most certainly basic knowledge. Gorgon is a genius, there a great poissibility that he go for her and take his glasses right off.

KingD19
yes there would be plenty of reason, the rules state he gets baisc knolwedge of there abilities and that is most certainly basic knowledge. Gorgon is a genius, there a great poissibility that he go for her and take his glasses right off.

I'm pretty sure the OP meant for him to keep his glasses/blindfold on. Doesn't matter though, with basic knowledge, he lops her head off in the first second of the match with Grasscutter.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by KingD19
I'm pretty sure the OP meant for him to keep his glasses/blindfold on. Doesn't matter though, with basic knowledge, he lops her head off in the first second of the match with Grasscutter.
Not at all, if he ment that, he wouldent have said "at the start of the fight". indicating they start on, but do not have to remain on, at least how I took it any way.

true.

Prep-Man
LOS?

Edit: Line of sight? No she was taking people's powers in Secret Six without seeing them. Instantaneous as well IIRC. She puts Gorgon down, no problem.

Yeah, I don't know what this LOS is.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.