Which race has better tech? Celestials or New Gods?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
On average? New Gods (New Genesis/Apokolips) vs Celestials.

Warlord
celestials

Gecko4lif
Celestials dont have average tech really

anytime they are bringing something out it ends up being bad for someone

Prep-Man
What tech do they have?

Warlord
any kind of tech stick out tongue

Desaad
If you assume that they themselves are nothing but tech, or interacting with the physical world via technology, and that the whole of their power comes from this...then the Celestials.

Otherwise, the New Gods.

Uriel005
Celestials vs New Gods tech war I say Celestials take it.

TheLordofMurder
This is Spite; Tiamut turned Galactus into a "weapon" capable of universe ending destruction...

Since Galactus was its "weapon" that technically made Galactus its "tech."

Celestial tech owns all...

Happy Dance

Originally posted by Desaad
If you assume that they themselves are nothing but tech, or interacting with the physical world via technology, and that the whole of their power comes from this...then the Celestials.

Otherwise, the New Gods. yes, but the thing is that there is no other way to interpret the celestials. they're pure energy contained by armors far above anything I've seen from the new gods

Omega Vision

Otherwise, the New Gods.

Desaad
Originally posted by 753
yes, but the thing is that there is no other way to interpret the celestials. they're pure energy contained by armors far above anything I've seen from the new gods

But as pure energy beings they could/would have some power of their own. The Oans are pure energy beings -- they've got power independent of their technology.

It could be that they exist on another plane entirely and need the armors to interact with the world in any way, shape or form and so the whole of their power is just their tech working, or it could be that they need the armors to interact with the world but THEY are the beings who have the power, and that when they blast things or what have you it's their own internal energies.

Put it to you another way -- the way retcon that established the M-bodies. The conceptual beings (Eternity, Infinity, etc) can't interact with the world in a normal way and so use the M-Body beings as proxies/flesh suits. But THEY themselves are empowering those M-bodies -- the M-Body beings don't inherently have abstract level power. The abstracts themselves choose how much power their M-Body avatars have.

It's been played both ways. When Asmodel took his "form of boy" flesh suit, he said it was one of the more powerful flesh suit types available, impying that the suit itself had the power, that it's 'feats' were independent of Asmodel himself.

I don't really know that it's been specified in any way before.

Omega Vision
Celestial armor isn't *that* impressive.

Mjolnir and Sue Storm broke through them.
I don't think we should project all Celestial feats onto the armor when the armor is usually portrayed simply as shells.

There's also the fact that Apocalypse's Celestial tech is pretty pathetic on a Cosmic scale.

quanchi112
Celestials by far.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I pretty much agree with Desaad and Omega

Desaad
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Celestial armor isn't *that* impressive.

Mjolnir and Sue Storm broke through them.

Durability isn't the only measure of power, though. Thor, despite breaking through, did absolutely nothing to Exitar, and Sue was able to affect him due to both of them deriving their power from hyperspace. There is also some indications that Exitar might be easier to 'damage' in this way than the others. Arishem had his hand cut off in one instance that I can recall, but regenerated immediately, and the best attacks of Thor had no effect on him whatsoever in their encounter.

Yes, but Apocalypse doesn't really know how to utilize it.

I don't really care how one interprets it, but if one attributes 100% of a celestial's power to the armor, then yeah it's crazy impressive. If not, then I think not.

guy222
Celestials

Allankles

Otherwise, the New Gods.
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.