KMC Award For Best Dramatic Scene - Action

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Shed tears over Big Boss' reunion and death in MGS4? Or did you feel sorry for Dom Santiago when he granted his wife a mercy killing? This is for best dramatic scene.

NCRotCA
^^

menokokoro
i'd have to say the death of "THE BOSS" was probably the best in any game i've played so far. that or the death of Zack from Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII. Both were aweasome

Edit: Oh, was I supposed to pick from those two? well then i'd have to give it to Big Boss, mostly cuz i haven't seen the other, but bug boss' death was pretty good.

I thought you were using those as examples

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by menokokoro
i'd have to say the death of "THE BOSS" was probably the best in any game i've played so far. that or the death of Zack from Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII. Both were aweasome

Edit: Oh, was I supposed to pick from those two? well then i'd have to give it to Big Boss, mostly cuz i haven't seen the other, but bug boss' death was pretty good.

I thought you were using those as examples

Those I mentioned were examples.

BloodRawEngine
While it's not exactly the next "Big Boss" death scene, or even something to likely be remembered in the gaming community, the last dramatic VG scene that actually did evoke any emotion from me was Rikiya's death in Yakuza III. It might just be because I found myself very interested in the plot and characters, despite having a somewhat minimal prior experience with the Yakuza series. He was definitely one of those characters that might start off as annoying at first, but soon enough, you start to like him far too much for them not to do anything to him in the story, such that you even get a feeling not unlike that which you'd get if it was in real life--I felt like I'd miss him.

From what I've read (based on what ever parts I hadn't played for myself in previous Yakuza games), its also one of the only times Kazuma ever actually cries in the series, which also really gives you the idea of how much of a friend Kazuma regarded him as.

Again, that's just the most recent one where I felt anything. That, and I do think the Yakuza series is very underrated and underknown in regards to its story and characters. Even the cute-albeit-annoying-little-girl type character (Haruka's her name) actually stops being annoying almost immediately in the story, and just stays as another likeable character, and thankfully, she's just about never captured once in Yakuza III, whereas you'd need a football team's worth of hands to count how many times she's kidnapped in the first game. Within the first half.

wammamram
when kratos was forced to kill his wife and kids in the orginal GOW, when you battle ares

NCRotCA
If we include RPGs I also found the Final Fantasy X ending and Aerith's death really sad.

NemeBro
I personally did not even change my expression to Aerith's death, honestly.

Nemesis X
General Shepard's betrayal in Modern Warfare 2.

gt4IwjU2jrU

§P0oONY
Originally posted by NemeBro
I personally did not even change my expression to Aerith's death, honestly. I was annoyed... In my mind she was already in my final party. stick out tongue

Final Fantasy VII is overrated to **** when it comes to storyline.

NCRotCA
In the past maybe but I think if anything it's now become pretty underrated. It has imo one of the ten best RPG storylines of all time and it seems in a lot of circles that people who rate it really highly or as their favorite game/rpg ever are viewed as either fanboys or idiots or simply as people who aren't real RPG fans. Ironically the likelihood is that those same people would then go on to cite juvenile garbage like Chrono Trigger as a real RPG fan's game, which is something that genuinely is extremely overrated.

§P0oONY
Final Fantasy VII underrated? Chrono Trigger overrated?

6bMLrA_0O5I

NCRotCA
Well ignoring Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Trigger's the most overrated game in existence. I was actually pissed off when I finished playing it as I had heard it was so amazing, and it just so wasn't. Could somebody explain what exactly it is I'm apparently missing? It had little to no dramatic or emotive quality whatsoever, it was simplistic and cliched, far too lighthearted and without possessing any real comedic value. The multiple endings were idiotic and that something as major as the difference between the permanent death of the main character or his revival to life hinged upon a random item you could get early on in the game in a random mini-game was completely mundane. I quite literally find it mind boggling that it gets so much praise. I've played a lot of RPGs and it's one of the worst. The only element I would even classify it as being good at (and in this case I would actually go as far as to say great) was its music.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by NCRotCA
Well ignoring Final Fantasy VII, Chrono Trigger's the most overrated game in existence. I was actually pissed off when I finished playing it as I had heard it was so amazing, and it just so wasn't. Could somebody explain what exactly it is I'm apparently missing? It had little to no dramatic or emotive quality whatsoever, it was simplistic and cliched, far too lighthearted and without possessing any real comedic value. The multiple endings were idiotic and that something as major as the difference between the permanent death of the main character or his revival to life hinged upon a random item you could get early on in the game in a random mini-game was completely mundane. I quite literally find it mind boggling that it gets so much praise. I've played a lot of RPGs and it's one of the worst. The only element I would even classify it as being good at (and in this case I would actually go as far as to say great) was its music. Yeah... I'm not going to feed the troll.

NCRotCA
Your accusations of me being a troll are entirely baseless and appear to be in place of you actually explaining what's so crazy about thinking that Chrono Trigger was not only extremely overrated but a generally poor game.

NCRotCA
It had little to no dramatic or emotive quality whatsoever, it was simplistic and cliched, far too lighthearted and without possessing any real comedic value. The multiple endings were idiotic and that something as major as the difference between the permanent death of the main character or his revival to life hinged upon a random item you could get early on in the game in a random mini-game was completely mundane.

Do any Chrono Trigger fans even disagree with any of that out of curiosity?

BloodRawEngine
Originally posted by wammamram
when kratos was forced to kill his wife and kids in the orginal GOW, when you battle ares

Technically, he was tricked, not necessarily forced. In the battle itself, Ares was the one who killed them again.

RE: Blaxican
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onNk65WBjZE

/thread

You can close this now, since I've objectively won. Anyone who disagrees with my choice is auto wrong, btw.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.