Guess who game? King Kandy's tourney..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ambient
So would anybody like to take a guess and match to which character belongs the tourney particpant..

Tourney Participants

Blair
Darthgoober
Existere
Inmalist
Colossus
Rader
Ambient

Tourney Characters

Vision
Bishop
Living Monolith
Persuader
Hank Pym
Giselle Villard
Warlock

Grail
Matrix Supergirl
Exodus
Lightray
Kang the Congueror
Omega red
Nero

Madison Jeffries
Iron Man
Magneto
Captain Marvel - Monica Rambeau
Starhawk
Apocalypse
Wolverine

Im actually more interested in King Kandys guess.. PM it to me man shifty ..

psycho gundam
kandy might pm you your walking papers lol

Ambient
lol.. he would.. hope not.. So whatch think?

Blair Wind
What are your guesses Ambient?

Digi
I know a few beyond doubt, so I won't reveal those, but my guesses on the others would be random and without much reason. Smurph and Blair have been in the most tourneys of the field, so I have more hunches with them than the others, both on those they might like and those they wouldn't.

I guess my only real hope is that Omega Red and Logan are on the same team.

dgrin

King Kandy
You have it somewhat mixed up, btw. The finalized drafts for each session are:

Session 1:
Monica
Bishop
Magneto
Iron Man
Starhawk
Madison Jeffries
Apocalypse

Session 2:
Kang
Exodus
Grail
Nero
Lightray
Matrix Supergirl
Omega Red

Session 3:
Wolverine
Giselle Villard
Hank Pym
Living Monolith
Persuader
Vision
Warlock

Digi
Are drafts finalized? Can there be switches? I'd like to comment more, but it would involve saying who I think might be slightly better picks than a few listed, which may confer an advantage to someone if they can switch.

King Kandy
No switching. The drafts are done. The only way a switch will happen is if a character gets banned later.

Digi
Awesome.

So I'm a bit upset Angie (Engineer) didn't get drafted over Warlock. Both competent technomorphs, but she has more raw power imo, unless I don't know 'lock's entire power set.

And someone should've stacked other omni-absorbers like Bishop with Winter and someone else. An entire strategy of throwing your opponents' attacks back at him would be hilarious, though probably ineffective.

Grail is the money, Magneto is the safest pick in the tourney (not a bad thing), and I actually really like Apocalypse's versatility.

Black bolt z
Why is kang the conquerer spelled with a G there?

inimalist
Madison Jeffries
Nero
Warlock
-tech prep

Bishop
Lightray
Living Monolith
-Energy Overload

Iron Man
Grail
Hank Pym
-Uber Armor

Apoc
Omega Red
Wolverine
- Horsemen

lol, maybe...

Digi
Originally posted by inimalist
Madison Jeffries
Nero
Warlock
-tech prep

Bishop
Lightray
Living Monolith
-Energy Overload

Iron Man
Grail
Hank Pym
-Uber Armor

Apoc
Omega Red
Wolverine
- Horsemen

lol, maybe...

Amusing but inefficient on most of the teams. Something like Jeffries + Warlock would likely be too much overlap in power sets. A theme can work, but not when one character conceivably brings nothing to the table that an existing team member already provides.

psycho gundam
i need to whoop one of your asses sad

inimalist
Originally posted by Digi
Amusing but inefficient on most of the teams. Something like Jeffries + Warlock would likely be too much overlap in power sets. A theme can work, but not when one character conceivably brings nothing to the table that an existing team member already provides.

it was mostly fun, I was going to add a Monica, Supergirl, Giselle team just to have one of girls, and like, lots of characters would fit the "energy overload" thing, but it was more about being amusing than anything.

Apoc with Death Wolverine and Pestilance Omega Red would be badass though...

inimalist
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i need to whoop one of your asses sad

HA, was I close?

Blair Wind
My Guesses:

Blair - Magneto, Super Girl, Warlock
Darthgoober - Monica, Lightray, Hang Pym
Existere - Madison, Exodus, Vision
Inmalist - Starhawk, Kang, Giselle
Colossus - Iron Man, Omega Red, Wolverine
Rader - Apoc, Nero, Living Monolith
Ambient - Bishop, Grail, Persuader

That is a horrible set of guesses. Figured it might get other people guessing though.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by inimalist
HA, was I close? just itching to use my stratagem, and it keeps getting more sinister

---------------------------

as for this tournament, i'm anxious to see what some of these teams are capable of. i don't want to say who i think belongs to whom cause like digi said there are a couple vets (they tend to have styles), so by a process of elimination i can kinda see where some characters will end up.....and if i'm right that could sway things

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Blair Wind
My Guesses:

Colossus - Iron Man, Omega Red, Wolverine

God I hope not. That'd be a horribly underpowered team. I guess prep might mitigate that somewhat...

Digi
I keep forgetting the rules. Are there amalgams, and how much prep? it affects who I think the better picks are. Take Bishop. Much better amalgamated. Clear faults alone (mostly involving mobility).

Originally posted by Omega Vision
God I hope not. That'd be a horribly underpowered team. I guess prep might mitigate that somewhat...

It's happened before. Bruce Lee, anyone? Not everyone will get the reference, but that's ok. I sincerely doubt that's a team either, but sometimes a new-ish person just isn't prepared for the right power level and gets rolled.

Apoc with his horsemen IS intriguing, however.

And I flat-out know one of Blair's guys, so I'd have the best chance at guessing his team around who would compliment that character best.

Also, maybe the first real guess that isn't random, Ambient made the Wetworks respect thread so.....yeah. There's that. Grail's a good pick though. And wasn't Smurph defending someone way too intensely in the drafts thread? A few picks can likely be ascertained that way.

Ambient
Originally posted by Blair Wind
What are your guesses Ambient?

Inmalist - starhawk, giselle villard, kang

Smurph - living monolith, exodus, bishop

Blair - nero, madison jeffries, vision

Darth - magneto, lightray, hank pym

Colussos - Apoc., wolverine, omega red

Rader - warlock, matrix supergirl, iron man

Ambient - monica, grail, persuader

------------------------------------

i think i've at least hit one character right for each participant.. maybe..lol

Black bolt z
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i need to whoop one of your asses sad Whoop mine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.