Cosmic Armor Superman vs The Galactus Engine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who winns here

AlmightyKfish
How can you possibly use the GE in a vs match?

All we know about it is that by some unknown power it was able to stalemate Galactus for an unknown amount of time. That's literally it.

But CA Superman anyway.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
How can you possibly use the GE in a vs match?

All we know about it is that by some unknown power it was able to stalemate Galactus for an unknown amount of time. That's literally it.

But CA Superman anyway. iirc it was stalemating galactus + all the celestials

kevdude
Have any scans of that?? I'd go with CA Superman though. reading

quanchi112
Galactus Engine wins.

Gecko4lif
GE gets ass raped

Omega Vision
CA Superman stomps.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by kevdude
Have any scans of that?? I'd go with CA Superman though. reading http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1459385-the_engine.jpg

TheLordofMurder
The Galactus Engine crushes Cosmic Armor Supes...

King Kandy
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1459385-the_engine.jpg
lol, since when are celestials "high abstracts"? They're practically as low as they come.

Parmaniac
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1459385-the_engine.jpg I smell a lawsuit take a look at the spaceship in the top left corner *cough*Star Wars*cough*

Prep-Man
Superman.

Gecko4lif
I just noticed

Why the hell is it so big?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
lol, since when are celestials "high abstracts"? They're practically as low as they come.
Same with Galactus at his normal levels.

Galan007
CA.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Galan007
CA.

Mindset
lol, since when are celestials "high abstracts"? They're practically as low as they come. Who are the lowest abstracts?

I'd say they are higher than Entropy and his siblings.

Colossus-Big C
lol, since when are celestials "high abstracts"? They're practically as low as they come. but the point is that it took on galactus + all celestials

i guess there are alternate versions of galactus that are more powerful than 616

King Kandy
Originally posted by Mindset
Who are the lowest abstracts?

I'd say they are higher than Entropy and his siblings.
What? Entropy was as powerful as Eternity was.

Colossus-Big C
would nightmare be a low abstract?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
GE gets ass raped Based on ?

AlmightyKfish
but the point is that it took on galactus + all celestials

i guess there are alternate versions of galactus that are more powerful than 616

Yet in issue #6 Galactus alone was taking on the Engine.

And your second statement is just a huge assumption, for all we know the engine is full of energy from not only a dead Galactus, but also all of the many angled ones etc.

But either way, the Cosmic Armour was pretty much the ultimate weapon...

King Kandy
would nightmare be a low abstract?
No, Dr. Strange consistently beats him in his own realm. Even before he was sorcerer supreme.

Colossus-Big C

And your second statement is just a huge assumption, for all we know the engine is full of energy from not only a dead Galactus, but also all of the many angled ones etc.

But either way, the Cosmic Armour was pretty much the ultimate weapon... the galactic engine was pretty much the untimate weapon also

quanchi112

But either way, the Cosmic Armour was pretty much the ultimate weapon... The ca was nowhere near the ultimate weapon.

Colossus-Big C
No, Dr. Strange consistently beats him in his own realm. Even before he was sorcerer supreme. i dont think you should use strange as a measuring stick, he beats just about everyone, of course strange isnt going to lose in his book

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by quanchi112
The ca was nowhere near the ultimate weapon.

Being able to adapt to fight absolutely anything is pretty much the ultimate weapon.

One the other hand we've seen the Galactus engine in use on panel on about 3 pages, and most recently Galactus was stalemating it.

Whereas Supes with the CA was able to fight the original Mandrakk.
So unless you're saying Galactus is as powerful as Mandrakk, the GE can't really compete.

SuperMan103
why is mandrakk more powerful than galactus? he was something like the hunger who would imo lose to a fully powered galactus.

Mindset
What? Entropy was as powerful as Eternity was. So he needed Genis help to best Eternity for shits and giggles?

Colossus-Big C
Dr Strange Vs The Living Tribunal

Dr strange goes toe to toe with the living tribunal

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5658/livingtri17iy.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5198/livingtri25ne.jpg
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/6285/strangetales1582221hu.jpg
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7262/strangetales1582322tm.jpg

King Kandy
i dont think you should use strange as a measuring stick, he beats just about everyone, of course strange isnt going to lose in his book
Nightmare is a Dr. Strange villain, who the hell are we going to use as a measuring stick if not him? Dr. Strange is constantly fighting beings with power superior to his own. Dormammu, Umar, Zom, Death, Eternity, Shuma Gorath, The In-Betweener etc. Nightmare is one of the few enemies consistently portrayed from day one as Strange's inferior in power. He is just not all that strong, period.

King Kandy
So he needed Genis help to best Eternity for shits and giggles?
They were equals. He needed someone to push it in his favor.

King Kandy
Dr Strange Vs The Living Tribunal

Dr strange goes toe to toe with the living tribunal

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/5658/livingtri17iy.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5198/livingtri25ne.jpg
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/6285/strangetales1582221hu.jpg
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7262/strangetales1582322tm.jpg
Not even close. The LT wasn't even trying to harm him.

Colossus-Big C
Not even close. The LT wasn't even trying to harm him. is that why the LT said "you shall perish" ?

Omega Vision
Is this going to be another Thanos/Odin debacle?

facepalm

Colossus-Big C
Nightmare is a Dr. Strange villain, who the hell are we going to use as a measuring stick if not him? Dr. Strange is constantly fighting beings with power superior to his own. Dormammu, Umar, Zom, Death, Eternity, Shuma Gorath, The In-Betweener etc. Nightmare is one of the few enemies consistently portrayed from day one as Strange's inferior in power. He is just not all that strong, period. nightmare took control of eternity once

Mindset
They were equals. He needed someone to push it in his favor. nope

King Kandy
is that why the LT said "you shall perish" ?
He didn't say that, he said Strange would perish if he continued to fight him. The fight ended a page later.

King Kandy
nightmare took control of eternity once
Yes, he did. Not because he was stronger than him, though. In that same comic Dr. Strange casually defeated him.

Gecko4lif
Originally posted by SuperMan103
why is mandrakk more powerful than galactus? he was something like the hunger who would imo lose to a fully powered galactus.

Your wrong.

Go back and read about mandrakk then come back kid.

quanchi112
Being able to adapt to fight absolutely anything is pretty much the ultimate weapon.

One the other hand we've seen the Galactus engine in use on panel on about 3 pages, and most recently Galactus was stalemating it.

Whereas Supes with the CA was able to fight the original Mandrakk.
So unless you're saying Galactus is as powerful as Mandrakk, the GE can't really compete. I didn't see it apapting to almost anything it sounds like the super adaptoid and I saw a regular lantern stake mandrakk also. I failed to see anything the Mandrakk do combat wise as impressive.

Prep-Man
CA.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Same with Galactus at his normal levels. Since when is galactus low abstract?Mabye a very hungry one but I always saw mid level galactus as mid abstract.

And CA supes crushes him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Since when is galactus low abstract?Mabye a very hungry one but I always saw mid level galactus as mid abstract.

And CA supes crushes him. How does ca crush him ?

Black bolt z
How does ca crush him ? By doing what odin does to thanos(and I'm just using this as a comparison)...pounding him into submission.

quanchi112
By doing what odin does to thanos(and I'm just using this as a comparison)...pounding him into submission. Thanos was never pounded into submission. If he was then why would ask Odin him to give up ?

Black bolt z
Thanos was never pounded into submission. If he was then why would ask Odin him to give up ? Ummm...how the hell do you post so damn fast?I leave the thread as soon as I post and your post is already there.Props for typing speed.

This thread isn't about them.Bump a thanos vs. odin thread or make a new one if they are all closed.

My point is is that CA supes can just pound away at GE and it won't be able to do much to him.If anything.

Colossus-Big C
is this going to turn into another odin vs thanos debate?

quanchi112
Ummm...how the hell do you post so damn fast?I leave the thread as soon as I post and your post is already there.Props for typing speed.

This thread isn't about them.Bump a thanos vs. odin thread or make a new one if they are all closed.

My point is is that CA supes can just pound away at GE and it won't be able to do much to him.If anything. How would that defeat the Galactus engine ? We already saw a common gl stake a mandrakk I don't see what is so impressive about him combat wise.

Black bolt z
How would that defeat the Galactus engine ? We already saw a common gl stake a mandrakk I don't see what is so impressive about him combat wise. Eating entire timelines...you don't see that as the least bit impressive for mandrakk?

iceman24567
Cosmic Armor wins

quanchi112
Eating entire timelines...you don't see that as the least bit impressive for mandrakk? No, that isn't a viable tactic in combat it shows how dangerous he is but in combat he was never anything special.

Black bolt z
No, that isn't a viable tactic in combat it shows how dangerous he is but in combat he was never anything special. Why isn't it a viable tactic in combat?

quanchi112
Why isn't it a viable tactic in combat? Because mandrakk never did that to beat anyone directly.

Black bolt z
Because mandrakk never did that to beat anyone directly. And that matters how?If i'm shown to throw a brick does that mean throwing a brick at you to beat you in a fight isn't viable?

iceman24567
Gotta agree with Quan here erm

quanchi112
And that matters how?If i'm shown to throw a brick does that mean throwing a brick at you to beat you in a fight isn't viable? Mandrakk was opposed by two separate times and never once did he eat any timelines. I mean come on use some common sense it's not viable.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by iceman24567
Gotta agree with Quan here erm I'm not saying hes going to do it.Just wondering what makes it a non-viable tactic.

Like superman can blitz all his opponents?Its viable...but odds are its not gonna happen.

Omega Vision
Because mandrakk never did that to beat anyone directly.
He didn't eat timelines. He ate stories that contained timelines.

He tried eating Superman's story and failed because of the Cosmic Armor.

quanchi112
I'm not saying hes going to do it.Just wondering what makes it a non-viable tactic.

Like superman can blitz all his opponents?Its viable...but odds are its not gonna happen. Superman has blitzed against foes whereas Mandrakk has never eaten a story of someone who opposed him.

He didn't eat timelines. He ate stories that contained timelines.

He tried eating Superman's story and failed because of the Cosmic Armor. The later mandrakk never ate anyone else' story and was staked by a gl. Galactus Engine is too powerful here.

Omega Vision

The later mandrakk never ate anyone else' story and was staked by a gl. Galactus Engine is too powerful here.
The later Mandrakk was a joke compared to the first Mandrakk.

After all Dax Novu was the greatest of the Monitors while Rox Ogama was a scrub.

Why is it that no one seems to understand that they were totally different entities?

quanchi112

After all Dax Novu was the greatest of the Monitors while Rox Ogama was a scrub.

Why is it that no one seems to understand that they were totally different entities? They were both Mandrakks and neither was impressive. The first battle was hyperboled out of orbit.

Prep-Man
CA or Mandrakk stomp.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
CA or Mandrakk stomp. Based on what ?

Omega Vision
They were both Mandrakks and neither was impressive. The first battle was hyperboled out of orbit.
But one was clearly in a higher order than the other.

And even the weaker one defeated the Spectre and the Radiant.

Prep-Man

Why is it that no one seems to understand that they were totally different entities?

Yeah, weren't even the same thing.

quanchi112
But one was clearly in a higher order than the other.

And even the weaker one defeated the Spectre and the Radiant. Yes, which calls into question the spectre and radiant because we saw a gl stake him. Good point.

King Kandy
Didn't the monitors seal Mandrakk away initially when he told them what they really were? If so, I don't see why a sufficiently powerful entity like the Galactus Engine couldn't.

Omega Vision
Didn't the monitors seal Mandrakk away initially when he told them what they really were? If so, I don't see why a sufficiently powerful entity like the Galactus Engine couldn't.
Dax Novu sealed himself in.

He created the Cosmic Armor because he knew if he got out all the Monitors combined couldn't stop him.

quanchi112

He created the Cosmic Armor because he knew if he got out all the Monitors combined couldn't stop him. Do you feel the monitors are impressive ?

King Kandy
Do you feel the monitors are impressive ?
Superman prime scared the wits out of one.

Omega Vision
Do you feel the monitors are impressive ? Originally posted by King Kandy
Superman prime scared the wits out of one.
Morrison effectively retconned the Monitors in Final Crisis to a much higher conceptual level than their portrayal in Countdown.

Besides Prime also scared Mxy...and we all know how powerful Mxy is. Prime's jobber aura means little.

quanchi112
Superman prime scared the wits out of one. Exactly and an army 1/3 the size of which a weaker Monarch toyed with such ease were beating all of the Monitors because they were unprepared.

quanchi112
Morrison effectively retconned the Monitors in Final Crisis to a much higher conceptual level than their portrayal in Countdown.

Besides Prime also scared Mxy...and we all know how powerful Mxy is. Prime's jobber aura means little. I don't see a retcon by any means here with the Monitors. What did the Monitors do in final crisis which showed off their awesome power ? It's been a while since I read this terrible story.

King Kandy

He created the Cosmic Armor because he knew if he got out all the Monitors combined couldn't stop him.
No, looks like it was the Monitors that did it.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37768/1144808-final_crisis_superman_beyond_2_6_parte_super.jpg

Prep-Man
It was his own choice to immperison himself, IIRC. Monitors didn't do it by force.

Omega Vision

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37768/1144808-final_crisis_superman_beyond_2_6_parte_super.jpg
Yet he fashioned his own prison.

Who knows if they could have done it against his will.

King Kandy
Yet he fashioned his own prison.

Who knows if they could have done it against his will.
He fashioned his prison before he was corrupted.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
It was his own choice to immperison himself, IIRC. Monitors didn't do it by force. It's clear he was put there against his own will.

Lord Prime
Cosmic Armor Superman ftw

Galan007

Why is it that no one seems to understand that they were totally different entities? Anyone who actually grasped the story understands the VAST difference between the versions of Mandrakk.

...But it's still worth mentioning that while Mandrakk II was exponentially weaker than the original incarnation, he was still able to own Spectre and Radiant combined. ie. his powers were still insanely uber by 'normal' standards.

Omega Vision
Anyone who actually grasped the story understands the VAST difference between the versions of Mandrakk.

...But it's still worth mentioning that while Mandrakk II was exponentially weaker than the original incarnation, he was still able to own Spectre and Radiant combined. ie. his powers were still insanely uber by 'normal' standards.
thumb up

Galan007

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37768/1144808-final_crisis_superman_beyond_2_6_parte_super.jpg You realize the Monitors sealed Mandrakk within the Sepulcher, before he began eating stories/the bleed, right? Remember, once he reached THAT level of power, the only thing in all creation capable of stopping him was the Cosmic Armor (a weapon of his own design.)

...Lets not start a ridiculous rumor that the Monitors were capable of defeating Mandrakk.

King Kandy
You realize the Monitors sealed Mandrakk within the Sepulcher, before he began eating stories/the bleed, right? Remember, once he reached THAT level of power, the only thing in all creation capable of stopping him was the Cosmic Armor (a weapon of his own design.)

...Lets not start a ridiculous rumor that the Monitors were capable of defeating Mandrakk.
He started eating stories during his imprisonment? Isn't the point of imprisoning people to stop stuff like that?

Galan007
^ He had been feasting on the Bleed ever since he was imprisoned.

Superman noted such in this page:
http://img522.imageshack.us/i/manny1.jpg/

And it was noted again on the same page you posted before:
http://img717.imageshack.us/i/manny2.jpg/

Essentially, the Monitors were giving Mandrakk a constant supply of the Bleed in order to sate him enough that he didn't try to break out of his tomb and begin devouring existence.

quanchi112
Anyone who actually grasped the story understands the VAST difference between the versions of Mandrakk.

...But it's still worth mentioning that while Mandrakk II was exponentially weaker than the original incarnation, he was still able to own Spectre and Radiant combined. ie. his powers were still insanely uber by 'normal' standards. And yet also staked by a gl lantern so nowhere near as uber as you would have me believe. It just is a very low showing for the Spectre but let's face it he's had his fair share of bad showings look at how he was impotent against the death thing in blackest night, Nekron.

Galan007
^ I suppose it is easier to completely disregard the fact that before the Lanterns even arrived, Nix had summoned the single most powerful team in the multiverse to combat Mandrakk II -- or as he put it: "a team of heroes so incredible it can only be assembled once against the absolute enemy." Yeah, let's ignore that and look solely at the GL's staking him.
thumb up srsly

...For some reason I feel like I'm completely wasting my breath, though. sad

Mindset
I was gonna read it, but I didn't have 3d glasses.

Galan007
^ Yeah, that drove me nuts. Despite that, Superman Beyond #1-2 are still some of the best comics I've ever read... Certainly some of the most thought provoking.

But the event in my post occurred in FC #7, which wasn't a 3-D book. T'was quite confusing at first, though.

quanchi112
^ I suppose it is easier to completely disregard the fact that before the Lanterns even arrived, Nix had summoned the single most powerful team in the multiverse to combat Mandrakk II -- or as he put it: "a team of heroes so incredible it can only be assembled once against the absolute enemy." Yeah, let's ignore that and look solely at the GL's staking him.
thumb up srsly

...For some reason I feel like I'm completely wasting my breath, though. sad This is nothing more than hyperbole used in various other issues to sell the threat as ultimate or the situations as most dire. You should be used to this sort of thing by now with all the various drama in both universes. The team wasn't that formidable and the threat was easily taken care of.

Galan007
I don't like it, so I call hyperbole!!! Fixed.

quanchi112
Fixed. You realize these words are described for practically every major event. You like it so you hype it just the same.

Prep-Man
I was gonna read it, but I didn't have 3d glasses.

3-d glasses effect sucked anyway.

Galan007
^ Describing exactly what was shown/stated in the comic(s) =/= me 'hyping it'.

psycho gundam
five pages for a galactus motif battering ram?

http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/5025/cmonson.jpg

quanchi112
^ Describing exactly what was shown/stated in the comic(s) =/= me 'hyping it'. You bought into it that's like me really arguing Odin is omnipotent and all powerful. If you can't see the difference then I can't help you.

Galan007
^ I don't want your help. vin

quanchi112
^ I don't want your help. vin wink I'm going to shove it down your throat.

Galan007
^ Reported for sexual innuendos. Ghey ones. uhuh

quanchi112
^ Reported for sexual innuendos. Ghey ones. uhuh They happen from time to time.

kevdude
laughing out loud

Btw, it took practically everyones effort into killing Mandrakk II and thats a low showing?

Omega Vision
laughing out loud

Btw, it took practically everyones effort into killing Mandrakk II and thats a low showing?
Well apparently because Mandrakk never held a Universe in his hand and never talked to Dr Strange he isn't an impressive entity.

King Kandy
laughing out loud

Its not exactly an abstract level showing. Galactus has beaten down teams of similar size.

I was really not a fan of Superman Beyond. Talk about superman wankage. It would be like me writing a book and saying on page one "this is the best book ever written".

the ninjak
Galactus Engine kills Supes in any attire.

Omega Vision
Its not exactly an abstract level showing. Galactus has beaten down teams of similar size.

I was really not a fan of Superman Beyond. Talk about superman wankage. It would be like me writing a book and saying on page one "this is the best book ever written".
Haters gonna hate.

Stoic
Well one thing is certain, the Galactus engine had to have been vastly powerful to have taken on all of those abstracts.

Galan007
Its not exactly an abstract level showing. Beating Spectre and Radiant combined is, though.

...And again, that version of Mandrakk was insignificant compared to the original.

Omega Vision
Beating Spectre and Radiant combined is, though.

...And again, that version of Mandrakk was insignificant compared to the original.
*waits for played out Spectre lowballing to ensue*

Galan007
^ You know it's gonna happen.

Still though, by the time Mandrakk II pwned Spectre, he had finally realized his true power, and displayed it by eradicating the ALE from every sentient being infected by it:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/171/spectrepower1.th.jpg

kevdude
*waits for played out Spectre lowballing to ensue*

shifty Yeah a certain 'someone' already tried it and didn't work out (or I don't think anyone cared to listen)..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
Well one thing is certain, the Galactus engine had to have been vastly powerful to have taken on all of those abstracts. Exactly, I don't see any Mandrakk doing the same.

Philosophía
We don't know the circumstances in which Dax Novu was imprisoned before he became Mandrakk - except that he was the greatest of the Monitor race, the 'radiant one' - a Lucifer analogue and was the first one to make contact with the concept of story.

Furthermore, upon closer examination of the story from SB, it is highly suggested that Dax Novu chose to be imprisoned. He did afterall build the Superman Armor whose sole purpose was to oppose him, the ultimate enemy of existence, and the narration clearly states that he was the one "Who wrestled the angel of contamination who gave his life to chain the best in the darkness."

But ultimately what he was before is irrelevant - he was transformed into Mandrakk and he rose above the Monitors and became the ultimate enemy of existence. He was as beyond them as CA Superman was, each of them becoming stronger to face the other.

quanchi112
Someone really takes everything Morrison states literally. I remember when he stated Darkseid and the new gods were all like Galactus level and when I read the story I paused and laughed at such a silly statement especially when Kalibak was killed.

Galan007

iceman24567
The armor is built to fight any threat adapt then win. The Galactus engine is fubar here

Omega Vision
Someone really takes everything Morrison states literally. I remember when he stated Darkseid and the new gods were all like Galactus level and when I read the story I paused and laughed at such a silly statement especially when Kalibak was killed.
Right. His Tony the Tiger host body that was created on Earth.

The actual Kalibak is like all New Gods a higher dimension being who takes physical form to interact with the DCU.

Context is not your friend Quan.

quanchi112
Right. His Tony the Tiger host body that was created on Earth.

The actual Kalibak is like all New Gods a higher dimension being who takes physical form to interact with the DCU.

Context is not your friend Quan. That's all we get to see so the higher plane nonsense has no place to begin with. All this power is worthless if you can't use it on this plane. The vs, forums are not your friend.

Omega Vision
That's all we get to see so the higher plane nonsense has no place to begin with. All this power is worthless if you can't use it on this plane. The vs, forums are not your friend.
Which wasn't my point. You were acting like the defeat of his avatar body was the same as the defeat of his higher dimension soul self.

That just isn't the case.

It's almost like arguing that WWH defeating Zom possessed Strange would be the same as defeating the actual Zom. Tawky Tawny can't disembowel a Higher Dimensional being, but he can disembowel a construct body created on Earth.

Galan007
That's all we get to see so the higher plane nonsense has no place to begin with. All this power is worthless if you can't use it on this plane. The vs, forums are not your friend. If a New God were to manifest itself in the mainstream DCU without first being 'scaled down' by a boom tube, then creation itself would suffer the consequences.

Case in point: the multiverse nearly being destroyed by Darkseid's 'fall' in FC.

quanchi112
Which wasn't my point. You were acting like the defeat of his avatar body was the same as the defeat of his higher dimension soul self.

That just isn't the case.

It's almost like arguing that WWH defeating Zom possessed Strange would be the same as defeating the actual Zom. Tawky Tawny can't disembowel a Higher Dimensional being, but he can disembowel a construct body created on Earth. That's completely different whereas Zom can enter our plane whereas the new gods cannot on their own.

quanchi112
If a New God were to manifest itself in the mainstream DCU without first being 'scaled down' by a boom tube, then creation itself would suffer the consequences.

Case in point: the multiverse nearly being destroyed by Darkseid's 'fall' in FC. That isn't the point we have no idea how to debate for or against and it's speculation so what we do know they weren't that impressive in these bodies.

Galactus can end reality with the press of his un.

Omega Vision
That's completely different whereas Zom can enter our plane whereas the new gods cannot on their own.
Except at the moment Strange channeled his power Zom couldn't enter either.

And in either case you dodged the actual point of the comparison.

That isn't the point we have no idea how to debate for or against and it's speculation so what we do know they weren't that impressive in these bodies.

Galactus can end reality with the press of his un.
Employing Loki's Wager again?

Galan007
That isn't the point we have no idea how to debate for or against and it's speculation so what we do know they weren't that impressive in these bodies. I'm just saying that we have seen a New God fall straight from the 4th World to the mainstream DCU -- and he nearly succeeded in dragging the entire multiverse down with him as a side effect of his fall.

New Gods are more powerful then you give them credit for.

quanchi112
I'm just saying that we have seen a New God fall straight from the 4th World to the mainstream DCU -- and he nearly succeeded in dragging the entire multiverse down with him as a side effect of his fall.

New Gods are more powerful then you give them credit for. That's just an effect of him entering that reality not his power level. It's like legion where Ds was picked out from the timestream and it almost ended all reality it had nothing to do with Darkseid's power just offsetting the balance.

Galan007
That's just an effect of him entering that reality = my point.

quanchi112
= my point. Which has nothing to do with his power just offsetting the balance or ebb and flow of things.

Black bolt z
This is nothing more than hyperbole used in various other issues to sell the threat as ultimate or the situations as most dire. You should be used to this sort of thing by now with all the various drama in both universes. The team wasn't that formidable and the threat was easily taken care of. Like the hyperbole of thanos with IG being omnipotent? wink

Black bolt z
God damn I really need to get final crisis.How many issues are there?

Omega Vision
God damn I really need to get final crisis.How many issues are there?
7 in the main series.

Of the many tie-ins the ones I recommend are Requiem, Superman Beyond 1+2, and Revelations.

Black bolt z
I'm just saying that we have seen a New God fall straight from the 4th World to the mainstream DCU -- and he nearly succeeded in dragging the entire multiverse down with him as a side effect of his fall.

New Gods are more powerful then you give them credit for. Although to be fair DS is one of the if not the strongest new god correct?Originally posted by quanchi112
That isn't the point we have no idea how to debate for or against and it's speculation so what we do know they weren't that impressive in these bodies.

Galactus can end reality with the press of his un. Except he won't.

quanchi112
Like the hyperbole of thanos with IG being omnipotent? wink Thanos proved how powerful he was in combat and we know what his abilities are.

Although to be fair DS is one of the if not the strongest new god correct? Except he won't. I never said he will I just said he can.

Black bolt z
Thanos proved how powerful he was in combat and we know what his abilities are.

I never said he will I just said he can. And CA supes didn't?

quanchi112
And CA supes didn't? No, he didn't he showed he can get stronger and more powerful. That's it.

Galan007
Which has nothing to do with his power just offsetting the balance or ebb and flow of things. Has to do with the 4th World being a higher plane of existence. So if a 4th Worlder isn't scaled down, lower dimensions simply cannot hold up under the pressure.

God damn I really need to get final crisis.How many issues are there? Start with Seven Soldiers.

quanchi112
Has to do with the 4th World being a higher plane of existence. So if a 4th Worlder isn't scaled down, lower dimensions simply cannot hold up under the pressure.

Start with Seven Soldiers. The don't belong there that's it. Darkseid can't just overpower reality he doesn't belong in this reality so in this story he was wrecking reality simply by being there.

Black bolt z
Has to do with the 4th World being a higher plane of existence. So if a 4th Worlder isn't scaled down, lower dimensions simply cannot hold up under the pressure.

Start with Seven Soldiers. That a pre-lude?

Galan007
The don't belong there that's it. Darkseid can't just overpower reality he doesn't belong in this reality so in this story he was wrecking reality simply by being there. In his 'true'/4th World form, Darkseid HAS overpowered reality, so therefore he can. But if he's scaled down via boom tube, then generally speaking, he cannot.

That a pre-lude? Yup. Gives a lot of backstory.

quanchi112
In his 'true'/4th World form, Darkseid HAS overpowered reality, so therefore he can. But if he's scaled down via boom tube, then generally speaking, he cannot.

Yup. Gives a lot of backstory. I disagree, he slipped through which caused the problems but at this point it will be a back and forth kinda thing.

OneDumbG0
If a New God were to manifest itself in the mainstream DCU without first being 'scaled down' by a boom tube, then creation itself would suffer the consequences.

Case in point: the multiverse nearly being destroyed by Darkseid's 'fall' in FC. *cough* Orion *cough*

Crack

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Crack
Gay! I'm pathetic! Yes you are.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think the CA wins... The only weapon I think that could oppose it, is the Heart.. Besides that.. CA is written to be able to beat pretty much anything

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think the CA wins... The only weapon I think that could oppose it, is the Heart.. Besides that.. CA is written to be able to beat pretty much anything This.Mabye a little less then the heart could beat it but not much.

Mabye PR beyonder.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
*cough* Orion *cough*
Morrison pretty much retconned the New Gods though in Final Crisis in terms of what they were at their core.

He took (I believe the giant thing was Simonson's idea) and turned it up to eleven.

Mindset
This.Mabye a little less then the heart could beat it but not much.

Mabye PR beyonder. PR Beyonder isn't less than HOTU

Omega Vision
PR Beyonder isn't less than HOTU
Shut up before Mr Master comes here to lay down his "facts" on you. stick out tongue

King Kandy
This.Mabye a little less then the heart could beat it but not much.

Mabye PR beyonder.
PR Beyonder was kind of similar in concept to the Primal Monitor.

Mindset
Shut up before Mr Master comes here to lay down his "facts" on you. stick out tongue He agrees with me, honestly, I think he looks up to me.

OneDumbG0
Morrison pretty much retconned the New Gods though in Final Crisis in terms of what they were at their core.

He took (I believe the giant thing was Simonson's idea) and turned it up to eleven. And Orion wasn't collapsing the Multiverse when he fell.

Omega Vision
He agrees with me, honestly, I think he looks up to me.
He's probably jealous that you work at an actual gas station. He just works at the Blimpie next to a gas station.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>