RoTS Yoda vs Half-Blood Prince

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
I was asked to clarify my last querry so on this battle, I'll do my best.
The battle site is the streets of London at dusk (I'm trying to make it neutral ground). Both parties have vague knowledge of each other's abilities. Yoda wields the Force and is equipped with his lightsaber. The Prince is equipped with magic, wand and sword.

Who wins? The 2nd most powerful Jedi Master in Star Wars mythos or the Prince? The Prince isn't fighting Anakin/Vader who was a Knight - remember he's fighting someone that is a Master of the Force. Battle on . . .

NemeBro
Why don't you just say Snape? no expression

Rogue Jedi
Snape. Curbstomp.

ares834
Yoda. Curbstomp.

Rogue Jedi
Here we go again.........Yoda is fast, but he can't.......wait for it........APPARATE. Nor can he cast spells that will make his opponent slow down, as if they are in a jar of molasses. Or completely immobilize them. Or mind **** them into submission. Or vanish them.

Let's try this one a different way. Someone list Yoda's strengths and weaknesses.

ares834
Yoda uses the force to pull away Snape's wand.

Rogue Jedi
And Snape accio's it right back. And disarms Yoda with expelliarmus.

Snape can do much more, dude. He has way too many spells to work with, more powerful spells, while Yoda had a small handful of attacks.

More spells to cast, more powerful spells overall= Victory.

BruceSkywalker
facepalm not again

yoda ftw

NemeBro
Yoda can kill Snape with a single flex of the Force. erm

Rogue Jedi
No, he can't. Yoda possesses no force power that can one hit kill someone.

Snape, however, does.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

You can't accio without a wand. facepalm

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
You can't accio without a wand. facepalm Yes, I already conceded that I was wrong on that. Might help if you actually read the thread. Just saying.

Nephthys
I am reading this thread. Theres only about 11 posts anyway so it's hard to miss much.

An ok, then you agree that Yoda pwns Snape then. As without a wand Snape is useless.

Rogue Jedi
I am reading this thread. Theres only about 11 posts anyway so it's hard to miss much.

An ok, then you agree that Yoda pwns Snape then. As without a wand Snape is useless. Nah, Snape wins. His magic is more powerful than Yoda's force powers.

Nephthys
Maybe you should enlighten me on how exactly a wandless Snape can do jack shit to Yoda.

Rogue Jedi
Maybe you can enlighten me how Yoda deals with an apparating wizard who has much stronger spells.

Nephthys
Takes his wand away and snaps it. Suddenly Snape is an ordinary man who can teleport. Hardly a threat.

Rogue Jedi
Takes his wand away and snaps it. Suddenly Snape is an ordinary man who can teleport. Hardly a threat. Nah, Snape apparates away right away and becomes intangible, a cloud of smoke.

Yeah, intangible. What happens if you shoot a cloud of smoke with a gun? Nothing. The bullet passes right through.

Nephthys
Yoda incases it in the Force and then splits it in two, effectively cutting Snape in half.

Robtard
First page and this thread is already full of fail lolz:

Non-HP Fanboy: Yoda Force-pulls Snape's wand.

RJ: Snape fellatios it back and cast this and that before Yoda could do anything else!

Non-HP Fanboy: Snape can't cast those spells sans a wand.

RJ: Snape attacks/goes first then!

Impediment
I refuse to let this drag out any further than it already has.

If all Snape can do without his wand is teleport far away, then Yoda wins by default.

Someone explain how Snape wins after Yoda Force grabs it?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
I refuse to let this drag out any further than it already has.

If all Snape can do without his wand is teleport far away, then Yoda wins by default.

Someone explain how Snape wins after Yoda Force grabs it?

Snape half apparates right away, becomes an intangible cloud of smoke, and death spells Yoda?

BONG. And yes, Snape can half apparate instantly, before Yoda can attack. And yes, wizards can cast spells while half apparating.

RE: Blaxican
And... what's stopping Yoda from just force raping the half that's still there?

Robtard
Snape half apparates right away, becomes an intangible cloud of smoke, and death spells Yoda?

BONG. And yes, Snape can half apparate instantly, before Yoda can attack. And yes, wizards can cast spells while half apparating.

This ignores Yoda's great advantage of Force-precog and the use of his Jedi reaction-time, he would react first and disarming an opponent thereby making him a non-threat is something Yoda would do/open with.

This also breaks the "rule" you set in the other thread that Snape would attack first with that cutting spell as his MO.

At least try and stick to the rules you make along the way, dude.

Rogue Jedi
No, you don't get it. Snape becomes an intangible cloud of smoke while half apparating. He can do it instantly and be gone before Yoda attacks. Yoda can't touch him if he is a cloud of smoke.

And yes, I have video evidence, two vids actually, of death eaters being intangible while half apparating.

Robtard
No, you don't get it. Snape becomes an intangible cloud of smoke while half apparating. He can do it instantly and be gone before Yoda attacks. Yoda can't touch him if he is a cloud of smoke.

And yes, I have video evidence, two vids actually, of death eaters being intangible while half apparating.

What you don't seem to get, despite being a self-description "SW fanboy" is that Yoda would be one-step ahead due to Force-precog and his heightened speed/reaction-time. Snape's a regular human in these regards, he's not the Flash or even Spider-man.

Yoda would pull that wand before Snape cast a spell, any spell, it's in Yoda' abilities/powers to do so.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
What you don't seem to get, despite being a self-description "SW fanboy" is that Yoda would be one-step ahead due to Force-precog and his heightened speed/reaction-time.

Yoda would pull that wand before Snape cast a spell, any spell, it's in Yoda' abilities/powers to do so.

No, dude. Snape takes off, half apparates, instantly. He becomes a cloud of smoke, intangible. His clothes, his wand, his shoes, it all becomes intangible.

The speed at which a death eater flies around>>>>>>>>.Jedi speed/reaction time.

No, dude. Snape takes off, half apparates, instantly.

Being a... human. He would have to think, or will himself to half apparate, in for it to happen. Point is that having precognition and enhanced reflexes, Yoda can speed blitz him before that happens.

Impediment

How does Snape death spell Yoda without his wand?

Even you said:

Nah, Snape apparates away right away and becomes intangible, a cloud of smoke.

Yeah, intangible. What happens if you shoot a cloud of smoke with a gun? Nothing. The bullet passes right through.

Again, care to explain to me how a cloud of smoke kills Yoda with ou a wand?

Robtard
No, dude. Snape takes off, half apparates, instantly. He becomes a cloud of smoke, intangible. His clothes, his wand, his shoes, it all becomes intangible.

Force-precog + his Force enhanced reaction-time/speed = Yoda will be one-step ahead; he gets to attack first. Get that through your Harry Parry fanboy shielded skull. Snape isn't faster than Yoda; The Force is why.

Snape is a death eater? Death eaters fly around a lot faster than blaster bolts? (Not that this really matters, as the fight will be over before Snape goes poof.)

Rogue Jedi
Force-precog + his enhanced reaction-time/speed = Yoda will be one-step ahead; he gets to attack first. Get that through your Harry Parry fanboy shielded skull. Snape isn't faster than Yoda; The Force is why.

Snape is a death eater? Death eaters fly around a lot faster than blaster bolts? Sorry, I was under the assumption that this was a 1....2...3....GO type of battle. If it is, Snape half apparates at GO and becomes untouchable.

And yes, while half apparating, Snape will be far faster than Yoda.

Robtard
Sorry, I was under the assumption that this was a 1....2...3....GO type of battle. If it is, Snape half apparates at GO and becomes untouchable.

And yes, while half apparating, Snape will be far faster than Yoda.

Yoda's still faster, he could react first, being faster than normal people is a Jedi ability. Speed wins this battle, dude.

Yoda can easily block blaster bolts(yes, plural), so these 'half-clouds' move faster than blaster bolts? I don't remember them being that fast in the films.

Rogue Jedi
Yoda's still faster, he could react first, being faster than normal people is a Jedi ability. Speed wins this battle, dude.

Yoda can easily block blaster bolts(yes, plural), so these 'half-clouds' move faster than blaster bolts? I don't remember them being that fast in the films.

I'm talking about their personal speed. Snape will be flying around faster than Yoda can move on the ground. I have never, not once, questioned Jedi reaction speed (blocking blaster bolts).

Then what are you arguing? If Snape manages to half apparent then he'd have a chance? I guess... point is that he won't live long enough to half apparate.

Robtard
I'm talking about their personal speed. Snape will be flying around faster than Yoda can move on the ground. I have never, not once, questioned Jedi reaction speed (blocking blaster bolts).

Fair enough about the flying vs ground speed. Though we've seen padawan Obi and Qui Gon Gin run at super-speeds in Ep:1; they're not as powerful in the Force as Yoda would be here. So that pretty much trumps your flying angle.

But you have questioned Jedi reaction-time multiple times, by insisting that Snape (wizards) would react and attack before Yoda (and Vader and Palpatine). You also pretty much throw Force-precog out the window.

Rogue Jedi
Fair enough about the flying vs ground speed.

But you have questioned Jedi reaction-time multiple times, by insisting that Snape (wizards) would react and attack before Yoda (and Vader and Palpatine). You also pretty much throw Force-precog out the window. I only said that Yoda's uber speed was in saber combat only, same with Vader. Never, not once, did they use a force attack that would reach Snape before he can half apparate away.

The precog thing was fail, I conceded that already.

Robtard
I only said that Yoda's uber speed was in saber combat only, same with Vader. Never, not once, did they use a force attack that would reach Snape before he can half apparate away.

The precog thing was fail, I conceded that already.

WTF? So the Force now travels at "X" amount of speed? It's instant, the second Yoda Force-pulls(which he could do faster than Snape spell) the wand it's out of Snape's hand and moving towards Yoda.

Yet you ignore that Force-precog would allow Yoda to be one-step ahead of Snape on a consistent basis.

Rogue Jedi
WTF? So the Force now travels at "X" amount of speed? It's instant, the second Yoda Force-pulls(which he could do faster than Snape spell) the wand it's out of Snape's hand and moving towards Yoda.

Yet you ignore that Force-precog would allow Yoda to be one-step ahead of Snape on a consistent basis.

1.....2....3......GO!!!!!!!!!!

Snape is a cloud of smoke, instantly. Untouchable. Instantly. Right away. Yoda cannot force pull smoke. And if he did, if he managed to somehow pull a McClane four leaf clover outta his ass, if he managed to force pull Snape's intangible form to him, Snape death spells him.

Nephthys
It isn't intangible. Your own vid proves that, the gang were being buffeted about by them. Ergo they have solid bodies.

Robtard
1.....2....3......GO!!!!!!!!!!

Snape is a cloud of smoke, instantly. Untouchable. Instantly. Right away. Yoda cannot force pull smoke. And if he did, if he managed to somehow pull a McClane four leaf clover outta his ass, if he managed to force pull Snape's intangible form to him, Snape death spells him.

At "go" Yoda's Force enhanced reaction-time allows him to react first.

Death Spell wouldn't hit Yoda, he'd block it, or dodge is another option due to his reaction-time and precog. Not that it would get that far, as Snape needs a wand to cast that. See above.

Rogue Jedi
It isn't intangible. Your own vid proves that, the gang were being buffeted about by them. Ergo they have solid bodies. Nope, a death eater flies right through Neville's head, and Neville is still standing after he passes through him. Same with Hermione as she flails about with her wand. And here:

Mo-U5iOinM8

FF to :35, and then to 1:38. The Death eaters are flying right through one another.

Rogue Jedi
At "go" Yoda's Force enhanced reaction-time allows him to react first.

Death Spell wouldn't hit Yoda, he'd block it, or dodge is another option due to his reaction-time and precog. Not that it would get that far, as Snape needs a wand to cast that. See above.

No, dude, it doesn't. If they cannot attack until GO, Snape is ready and apparates away. It's instantaneous, Yoda's force pull is not instantaneous. Snape will be in the air flying around by the time the force pull hits where he was.

What you are implying is that Yoda gets to attack first, and that Snape must wait.

Nephthys
Actually it passes above his head:

KhePayXx-zg&feature=related

You can clearly see them being buffeted about in the smoke. Come on, your not fooling anyone, we can all see it. erm

No, actually they're flying through each others smoke trails.

Robtard
No, dude, it doesn't. If they cannot attack until GO, Snape is ready and apparates away. It's instantaneous, Yoda's force pull is not instantaneous. Snape will be in the air flying around by the time the force pull hits where he was.

What you are implying is that Yoda gets to attack first, and that Snape must wait.

So Snape is ready, yet Yoda isn't and won't capitalize on his superior reaction-time, cos you say so. Good way of debating, dude.

No, what I am saying is that Yoda's Force abilities grant him superior reaction-time and that he would be able to react/attack first. Which part of 'Yoda being faster due to his Force enhancements' is hard to understand? It's like an Old West gun-fight; the guy who can draw/shoot first wins.

BruceSkywalker
Snape loses once again..

from what i remember of Snape he will not be doing a lot of things being discussed

Nephthys
Oh yeah, and since when has Snape half-apparated?

Impediment
I'd like to see a screen feat of "half apparating", myself.

Nephthys
Its just that thing where they turn into the smoke monster from LOST and fly around. The two videos above show the two times its actually been used on-screen.

Rogue Jedi
Actually it passes above his head:

KhePayXx-zg&feature=related

You can clearly see them being buffeted about in the smoke. Come on, your not fooling anyone, we can all see it. erm

No, actually they're flying through each others smoke trails. haermm No, man, the death eaters are flying all around Harry and the others AND through them.

No. In the bridge attack vid, at :36, you can plainly see the two death eaters on the right fly right through one another. The last part, after destroying the bridge, it's hard to tell because of the angle, but I watched it in extreme slomo on my dvd. Right through each other.

Rogue Jedi
So Snape is ready, yet Yoda isn't and won't capitalize on his superior reaction-time, cos you say so. Good way of debating, dude.

No, what I am saying is that Yoda's Force abilities grant him superior reaction-time and that he would be able to react/attack first. Which part of 'Yoda being faster due to his Force enhancements' is hard to understand? It's like an Old West gun-fight; the guy who can draw/shoot first wins. No, they're both ready. Snape IMMEDIATELY and INSTANTLY turns into a cloud of intangible smoke and takes off. Even if Yoda force pulls immediately, he'll be force pulling an empty space.

Rogue Jedi
Oh yeah, and since when has Snape half-apparated? And here we go. Snape is Voldemorts most trusted leiutenant. He is the most powerful "Death Eater", the only other coming close is Bellatrix. An OOTP member and an all around powerful ass wizard. You think he can't do something lesser wizards can? The death eaters from the ministry battle vid, Snape wipes his ass with them.

This is like saying "Mace Windu cannot force push because he was never shown doing so onscreen", or "McClane sucks with a shotgun because he was never shown using one onscreen."

Originally posted by Impediment
I'd like to see a screen feat of "half apparating", myself. You're kidding, right? It's in the vids I posted.

Robtard
No, they're both ready. Snape IMMEDIATELY and INSTANTLY turns into a cloud of intangible smoke and takes off. Even if Yoda force pulls immediately, he'll be force pulling an empty space.

This again ignores that Yoda has far superior reaction-time due to the Force. IE He'd pull BEFORE Snape 'poofed' himself.

Rogue Jedi
I never saw Yoda instantly force pulling anyone. There's always a split second that it takes.

Robtard
Yoda never Force-pulled in a fight from what I recall, but he's shown being able to manipulate large and heavy objects on a couple occasions with the Force, so pulling a 3 ounce stick shouldn't be a problem and his Jedi reaction-time stands. Plus the precog.

dadudemon

Snape can do much more, dude. He has way too many spells to work with, more powerful spells, while Yoda had a small handful of attacks.

More spells to cast, more powerful spells overall= Victory.

How can he accio his wand back without his wand?

AHA!

Nah, Snape apparates away right away and becomes intangible, a cloud of smoke.

It's debatable as to whether or not a wand is required to apparate. The only evidence we have from the books clearly indicates that a wand is required. Nothing contradicts that, but there's no solid evidence that a wand is absolutely required to apparate.

Just though I'd throw that out there for those of you that are HP-ignorant. *tips hat*

Incorrect. When fighting at the ministry of magic, you'd be hard pressed to find one single death eater "half-apparating" at more than 50-60 Mph. This is far slower than the 80-200Mph blaster bolts that Jedi routinely block.

Case in point: Obi Wan, in Episode-II blocked 200Mph blaster bolts from Jango Fett AFTER Jango opened fire. Obi-Wan went from walking onto the landing pad to pulling out his lightsaber and igniting it, all before the 200Mph blaster bolts reached him. Jango was 20-50 (at most) away from Obi-Wan. That should prove, beyond any doubt, that a Jedi is obviously far faster in reaction time to any wizard.

Half-apparating wizards fighting: 50ish Mph.

Jedi Reaction time: multiple 200Mph bolts at once. (low end.)

Result: Jedi/Sith have far better reaction times than a wizard does.

Sneak up on a wizard, cast a spell, and it will land close to 100% of the time with no reaction from the wizard. Do the same thing to a Jedi/Sith will react close to 100% of the time. Some may die, but that's to illustrate the differences between the two types.

Other than destroying some of RJ's more pitiful arguments, I still thing Snape wins. Why? Snape has more tools to work with. 5 or more minutes of prep time will net Snape a victory.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
How can he accio his wand back without his wand?

AHA!
I already conceded this.

No solid evidence= Wand is not required.

The bridge attack, dude. They were flying at easily 200 mph. Obviously they can fly at different speeds.

I never questioned a Jedi's reaction time.

No.....FF to :37, :44, 1:12 and the end. WAY faster than 20 mph.

Mo-U5iOinM8

In saber combat, yes. Not while casting spells.

Mhm.

I already said this. They do not want to hear this.

Rogue Jedi
Yoda never Force-pulled in a fight from what I recall, but he's shown being able to manipulate large and heavy objects on a couple occasions with the Force, so pulling a 3 ounce stick shouldn't be a problem and his Jedi reaction-time stands. Plus the precog.

Mhm, Yoda can lift heavy objects. Snape can VANISH them.

haermm x infinity.

Ah, the precog, the faulty precog. Yeah, trust in that, see what happens.

dadudemon
I already conceded this.

No solid evidence= Wand is not required.

No, the only evidence we ever have of someone trying without a wand was a failure. (Ron failed, horribly, when he tried it that one time without his wand.)

That's solid evidence.

So it's settled. smile

Edit - Looked up another time: Harry tells the non-wand-ers to grab onto those who had wands, before they apparated. That's solid evidence. If you can provide an instance that someone apparated, successfully, without a wand, no troubles, then it's debatable. Until then, there's no room for discussion: a wand is required.

The bridge attack, dude. They were flying at easily 200 mph. Obviously they can fly at different speeds.

I never questioned a Jedi's reaction time.

They weren't dueling, though.

That's settled, too.

smile

No.....FF to :37, :44, 1:12 and the end. WAY faster than 20 mph.

Mo-U5iOinM8

You forgot that, in context, I was referring to fighting, not just flying around and casting spells.

Please see this portion of my post:

Incorrect. When fighting...

Also, at no point in my post do I have "20" anywhere.

Anyway, obviously, my point was about fighting, no flying around, in the air, of a muggle city. Why do you think I worded the intro to that topic as I did?

Do you think I would use Yoda's high-end feat of pulling up an X-wing as a usable force ability? Nope! It would take Yoda far too long to pick up an object that massive, with the force, for it to be usable in a real fight.

In saber combat, yes. Not while casting spells.

Obviously, you understand the force much better than to say that a Jedi or Sith's reaction times are tied to well more than just saber combat. Obviously, they have better reaction times, by far, than any muggle or wizard when it comes to anything that measures reaction time.

Mhm.

I already said this. They do not want to hear this.

I know this. Just wanted to make it clear that I was addressing your weaker arguments, not your correct ones. The other ones you made were legit, else I would have criticized them.

Rogue Jedi
No, the only evidence we ever have of someone trying without a wand was a failure. (Ron failed, horribly, when he tried it that one time without his wand.)

That's solid evidence.

So it's settled. smile

Edit - Looked up another time: Harry tells the non-wand-ers to grab onto those who had wands, before they apparated. That's solid evidence. If you can provide an instance that someone apparated, successfully, without a wand, no troubles, then it's debatable. Until then, there's no room for discussion: a wand is required.
I already provided vids, dude. When Harry side-apparated with Dumbledore, Dumbledore had no wand. When Fred and George apparated in the OOTP HQ, they had no wand.

Several other times a wizard apparated, wand in hand, but did no incantation, and did not wave it about. They just held it in their hand.

I'm talking all out, top speed. It's painfully obvious they can slow down/speed up at will.

Bewbz.

Still haven't seen a force user cast a force spell with the same reflexes they use in saber combat.

Just saying.

I'm actually welcoming someone to prove me wrong on wizards being intangible while half apparating. If this can be proven, then it makes the wizards all the more powerful.

Stay tuned.

dadudemon
I already provided vids, dude. When Harry side-apparated with Dumbledore, Dumbledore had no wand. When Fred and George apparated in the OOTP HQ, they had no wand.

Several other times a wizard apparated, wand in hand, but did no incantation, and did not wave it about. They just held it in their hand.

1. That's dumbledore: the most powerful and well-rounded wizard current generation and one of the most powerful of all time. Hardly a good comparison. wink

2. Movie blunders do not trump the higher canon source: the books. Only in the MVF do we have stupid sh*t like that happening.

3. Do you honestly think Dumbles didn't have the ELDER WAND on him? Obvously, he did. smile

4. Fred and George had their wands on their person, just the same as Dumbles. smile Prove that their wand was upstairs or wherever else you say it was, other than their person.

I'm talking all out, top speed. It's painfully obvious they can slow down/speed up at will.

Indeed. But let me know when the fight will last long enough for Snape to "fly" at top speed. It's painfully obvious that the fight will be over in less than 5 seconds with either Yoda dead or Snape dead.

Bewbz.

hmm

I see your point. Okay, you win.

Still haven't seen a force user cast a force spell with the same reflexes they use in saber combat.

Just saying.

Force Jump and force speed don't count? smile

teehee

PWNED!

I'm actually welcoming someone to prove me wrong on wizards being intangible while half apparating. If this can be proven, then it makes the wizards all the more powerful.

Stay tuned.

I've already done it, John. smile

I won't bring it up in the thread because I want the others to stop the HP hate and actually use their knowledges.

Rogue Jedi
1. That's dumbledore: the most powerful and well-rounded wizard current generation and one of the most powerful of all time. Hardly a good comparison. wink

2. Movie blunders do not trump the higher canon source: the books. Only in the MVF do we have stupid sh*t like that happening.

3. Do you honestly think Dumbles didn't have the ELDER WAND on him? Obvously, he did. smile

4. Fred and George had their wands on their person, just the same as Dumbles. smile Prove that their wand was upstairs or wherever else you say it was, other than their person.

Indeed. But let me know when the fight will last long enough for Snape to "fly" at top speed. It's painfully obvious that the fight will be over in less than 5 seconds with either Yoda dead or Snape dead.

hmm

I see your point. Okay, you win.

Force Jump and force speed don't count? smile

teehee

PWNED!

I won't bring it up in the thread because I want the others to stop the HP hate and actually use their knowledges. How dare you use my real name here. How dare you.

Rogue Jedi

I won't bring it up in the thread because I want the others to stop the HP hate and actually use their knowledges. No, you haven't. Please do though, as I said, I welcome it.

As for a wizard needing a wand to apparate....You really think a wizard needs their wand in their pocket just to apparate? Explain that.

jinXed by JaNx
potentially, the only thing that beats magic is other magic or divinity. I'm not saying that is the case here because none of the Potter wizards are unstoppable but from what we've seen from the potter-verse there is nothing in the star wars universe that can defend against that magic. Yoda might get lucky but 99/100 times Yoda goes down and hard. There is no way he is going to dodge an avada kedavra spell.

dadudemon
No, you haven't. Please do though, as I said, I welcome it.

I have and you don't remember. That, or you're still in denial.

As for a wizard needing a wand to apparate....You really think a wizard needs their wand in their pocket just to apparate? Explain that.

I already have. Go back and read if you forgot already.

How dare you use my real name here. How dare you.

laughing

Brings back memories of a certain banned douche.

Rogue Jedi
I have and you don't remember. That, or you're still in denial.

I already have. Go back and read if you forgot already.

laughing

Brings back memories of a certain banned douche.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Bewbz.

Rogue Jedi
OK boys and girls, prepare to be raped.

Here is a scene from THBP:

-GK7JnKelJA

Harry is chasing Snape after Snape killed Dumbledore. At :15, Harry casts Incarcerous. Snape blocks it.

At :18, Bellatrix casts a non verbal spell that hits Harry instantly.

At :43, Harry casts sectumsempra at Snape. Snape turns, blocks the scetumsempra, and casts a non verbal spell back at Harry, knocking Harry on his back. This all happened in about one second. Snape's back was turned, Harry cast the spell, it reached Snape, Snape turns to face Harry, blocks the spell, AND cast a spell back at Harry. All in less than a second. And no, Snape did not rebound the sectumsempra back at Harry. How do we know this? Because Harry was not sliced to ribbons. Snape's reaction time here is greater than any Jedi. All 4 spells in the video travel at least as fast, probably faster than blaster bolts.

Precog was fine during ROTS. What was affected was the Jedi ability to see brief glimpses of the future, as Luke did in ESB. Battle precog was faulty at best.

Verdict? Wizards>>>>>>>>>>>>Jedi, all day, every day, without fail.

Any more questions? I'll copy/paste this into the Snape/Sidious thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.