Nekron vs. The Living Tribunal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheGame17
Considering that Nekron banished a full-powered Anti-Monitor with ease and an immunity to the Spectre, I thought this would be an interesting match-up.

Thoughts?

WhiteWitchKing
This isn't a match. The Tribunal surpasses Nekron in power.

zopzop
The LT has banished a universe devouring creature with ease. I'm guessing the LT would be "immune" to the Spectre too since the only authority above the LT is Marvel's God aka TOAA.

So unless Nekron has some super on panel displays of power, I'm going with the LT.

guy222
LT

TheGame17
Isn't the Anti-Monitor also a "universe-devouring creature"?

TheGame17
Originally posted by zopzop
The LT has banished a universe devouring creature with ease. I'm guessing the LT would be "immune" to the Spectre too since the only authority above the LT is Marvel's God aka TOAA.

So unless Nekron has some super on panel displays of power, I'm going with the LT.

I've also heard arguments that the Spectre is somewhat an equal to the LT. Is that outlandish to say?

zopzop
Originally posted by TheGame17
I've also heard arguments that the Spectre is somewhat an equal to the LT. Is that outlandish to say?

Sorta. The LT needs no ones permission to carry out his work, unlike the Spectre. So he doesn't vary in power as much as the Spectre does.

rotiart
Well currently it depends on how you define LT... I mean pre Starlin (infinity gauntlet etc sagas) like back in the 1980s you had some feats that would put LT as a weakling... but you go like thanos quest forward.. and you get a guy who is only surpassed by TOAA... or... THOTI...

zopzop
Excellent point rotiart. But newer stories retcon older ones no? So as of now there is no authority above him save TOAA.

He, the LT, seems to operate more freely without being on a short leash like the Spectre. If he wants to ignore a request for help, he does so. Wants to seal off a universe? He does so. Wants to step in and act, he does so. No permission needed.

quanchi112
I've also heard arguments that the Spectre is somewhat an equal to the LT. Is that outlandish to say? Spectre is nowhere near the Lt.

rotiart
Eh. If you say the presence = toaa... And lt is usually fully backed by toaa and spectre is fully backed then yes they are similar... However with the introduction of the primal monitor etc thats kinda gona to the wayside...

Ideally id say yes... However since sprectre routinely geta manhandled like eternity for the sake of the story ill say no. (like the recent blak lantern spectre story to name one)

Q99

A bit, yes. The Spectre's job is limited to this solo universe.

They both work for the big dogs of their setting- The Presence and TOAA, and The Presence can empower the Spectre more than usual if desired, but I don't think the Spectre has ever gotten up to LT level.

They have some thematic similarities (the tool of the boss to handle problems), but different jobs (guardian and tool of wraith in one universe vs balancer of all universes) that are on different scales.

Nekron would be equal to oblivion who is just one of many aspects of the cosmos that the LT oversees.

Warlord
^ you mean Mikaboshi?

stick out tongue

do not bring that travesty up

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
Nekron would be equal to oblivion who is just one of many aspects of the cosmos that the LT oversees. not really, since anti monitor=abraxas and i doubt oblivion can basnish abraxas like that

Parmaniac
Considering that Nekron banished a full-powered Anti-Monitor with ease when did that happen?

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
not really, since anti monitor=abraxas and i doubt oblivion can basnish abraxas like that yes, really, your post is abc and ignores context. nekron did not banish coie anti-monitor.

BobbyD

It is not outlandish to make such a claim. The issue is the Spectre jobs once in a while.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
Nekron would be equal to oblivion who is just one of many aspects of the cosmos that the LT oversees. actually you mean entropy since it seems oblivion was rectonned to being entropy

take a look at this statement by oblivion

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/o27.jpg

and this more recent one of entropy

http://img812.imageshack.us/f/entropy5.jpg/

entropy killed and became eternity, it is not oblivion.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
entropy killed and became eternity, it is not oblivion. so what happens after entropy kills and become eternity?

so what happens after entropy kills and become eternity? the present time as it is happening in the 616. this is a different cycle from the death of the cosmos and its rebirth through the phoenix force

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by 753
the present time as it is happening in the 616. this is a different cycle from the death of the cosmos and its rebirth through the phoenix force i thought that got reconned ?

when?

King Kandy
Spectre is not on level with the LT. He has many weaknesses, while LT has none.

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Kandy
Spectre is not on level with the LT. He has many weaknesses, while LT has none. Correct.

KingD19
LT has one weakness......Squirrel Girl.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by KingD19
LT has one weakness......Squirrel Girl. Everyone has that weakness.

KingD19
Until she becomes LT's 4th face, she's the biggest threat in the MU. When she does join him, LT will become as strong as TOAA, but still remain his servant out of a sense of duty.

TheGame17
Originally posted by Parmaniac
when did that happen?

During Blackest Night. Anti-Monitor regained his full powers and fired a blast at Nekron (Nekron was un-phased). He then banished the Anti-monitor...

GalacticStorm
During Blackest Night. Anti-Monitor regained his full powers and fired a blast at Nekron (Nekron was un-phased). He then banished the Anti-monitor...

He wasnt on the same level as COIE though. He was so powerful in that saga because he had absorbed the energies of many universes right?

If thats true, then the version of AM we saw get punked by Nekron isnt the full potential AM used so much on these forums.

Colossus-Big C
it was

Mindset
No it wasn't.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mindset
No it wasn't.

I thought so. Thanks for clearing that up thumb up

quanchi112
it was You think that Am was as powerful as coie ?

the Darkone
it was

What the f**k? No it wasn't, dude lay off the vodka really!

COIE Anti-Monitor >>>>>>> Blackest Night Anti Montior and that's a fact!

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Warlord
^ you mean Mikaboshi?

stick out tongue

I hate you.

Bouboumaster
LT pimpslap Nekron to death

the ninjak
Nekron is just a primal representative of Death.

The Living Tribunal is so much more.

Shame on anyone who thinks otherwise.

DC wankery or not.

Colossus-Big C
nekron isnt actually death

KingD19
nekron isnt actually death

Not, but he is Lord of the Unliving, and therefore an embodiment and representative of Death itself.

And he very much enjoys killing people....then bringing them back as zombies.

he's more like DCs oblivion

Galan007
Originally posted by 753
he's more like DCs oblivion Wurd. thumb up

As for the OP: The Anti-Monitor we saw during Blackest Night was nowhere near as powerful as his multiverse-devouring/COIE self was -- and the reason Nekron was unphased by Spectre is because he didn't have a soul to judge.

Anywho, LT wins this. Nekron was powerful, but not LT powerful.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Galan007
Wurd. thumb up

As for the OP: The Anti-Monitor we saw during Blackest Night was nowhere near as powerful as his multiverse-devouring/COIE self was -- and the reason Nekron was unphased by Spectre is because he didn't have a soul to judge.

Anywho, LT wins this. Nekron was powerful, but not LT powerful. how can LT win though?

Bentley
how can LT win though?

He makes Nekron hotdog.

Galan007
how can LT win though? By being more powerful..? confused

Colossus-Big C
By being more powerful..? confused he has no soul to judge confused

Galan007
LT isn't limited to judging souls, dude. none

Colossus-Big C
LT isn't limited to judging souls, dude. none spectre isnt neither no expression

Galan007
There's more than one instance where Spectre has been rendered all but powerless against an opponent, because they didn't have a soul for him to judge (Nekron and the King of Tears are the first who come to mind.)

Regardless, Spectre isn't in this thread, LT is. He wins.

guy222
thumb up

MrMind
Yes I do believe LT will win, but i have one question, nekron can't die, how can LT kill nekron?

doesnt have to, LT just bitchlaps him into submission and stops whatever shenanigans he's up to

Black bolt z
Originally posted by MrMind
Yes I do believe LT will win, but i have one question, nekron can't die, how can LT kill nekron? Death shouldn't be able to die either right?

But beyonder killed her.

Colossus-Big C
beyonder was omipotent....

and death doesnt actually die she gets sent to oblivion which is beyond death

Black bolt z
beyonder was omipotent....

and death doesnt actually die she gets sent to oblivion which is beyond death Yes.Death dies.

And no beyonder was only nigh omnipotent.

MrMind
Originally posted by 753
doesnt have to, LT just bitchlaps him into submission and stops whatever shenanigans he's up to
that'll work smile

King Kandy
In marvel, Nekron would be aligned to the "vengeance" face of LT. Conceptually speaking, LT is above him.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Death shouldn't be able to die either right?

But beyonder killed her.

She can in a way. She is just the personification of the concept of Death. If you make that concept redundant, then you effectively dispatch the connected Abstract.

Wei Phoenix
Little kids should not post in this thread.

quanchi112
he has no soul to judge confused What's your point ?

KingD19
Simple fact is, LT is as omnipotent, as omnipotent gets. Nekron is unliving, as he is the Lord of the unliving. But LT can simply make it so he never existed.

Parmaniac
Simple fact is, LT is as omnipotent, as omnipotent gets. Thanos with the HotU begs to differ.

you mean thotu begs to differ. not really relevant, that was the power of toaa

the ninjak
So how does Nekron defeat LT again?
Nekron should only represent an aspect of LT.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by 753
you mean thotu begs to differ. not really relevant, that was the power of toaa Of course Thanos' power is irrelevant but the HotU isn't a person that could beg to differ stick out tongue

Omega Vision
Simple fact is, LT is as omnipotent, as omnipotent gets.
Except he's not.

Originally posted by the ninjak
Nekron should only represent an aspect of LT. he doesn't

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Except he's not.

Beh, he's omnipotent for what it counts, Nekron would likely get schooled by an incomplete cosmic cube, LT would replicate such feat without any problem given he has summoned abstracts effortlessly before.

Colossus-Big C
Simple fact is, LT is as omnipotent, as omnipotent gets. Nekron is unliving, as he is the Lord of the unliving. But LT can simply make it so he never existed. nekron (like Marvels Oblivion) is a living paradox, they are the embodiment of nonexistance..

(victums that get erased/wiped from existance by the ultimate nullifier end up in oblivions "realm"wink

Mindset
LT changes what Nekron embodies, then LT combos to ko.

Colossus-Big C
LT changes what Nekron embodies, then LT combos to ko. i guess that would work

rotiart
It doesn't matter if you embody the void... Maelstrom for example had a plan that would have made him the new oblivion... Just because you are the entity in charge of that domain doesn't make you unbeatable... Even death has died before...

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by 753
you mean thotu begs to differ. not really relevant, that was the power of toaa

That was Thanos' opinion. The point wasnt verified by the handbooks when they referenced the HOTI. LT didnt confirm or make a connection between HOTI and his boss. Furthermore the fact LT was beaten by this power also doesnt confirm the HOTI was TOAA's power because LT has had his form destroyed by Reed Richards.

Galan007
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
LT has had his form destroyed by Reed Richards. If you're referring to the events of LPS, then that's not entire accurate. Reed's gun didn't destroy LT's form -- it merely utilized LT's own power to hurl him through an endless series of dimensions:

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/8680/ltgun1.th.jpg http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2245/ltgun2.th.jpg http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/2741/ltgun3.th.jpg

Still an extremely low feat for someone of LT's caliber, though... But an even lower feat still, is the fact that LT was unable to stop Galactus alone, and needed the assistance of the rest of the hierarchy to do so. Heh.

King Kandy
nekron (like Marvels Oblivion) is a living paradox, they are the embodiment of nonexistance..

(victums that get erased/wiped from existance by the ultimate nullifier end up in oblivions "realm"wink
Oblivion is aligned to LTs Vengeance face. LT is conceptually above him.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by the ninjak
Nekron should only represent an aspect of LT. so do protege and scathan

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by King Kandy
Oblivion is aligned to LTs Vengeance face. LT is conceptually above him. all concepts are alligned to a LT face, even beyonder would be aligned to vengence

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by rotiart
. Even death has died before... you may be right but death died, because beyonder destroyed the concept itself like "no more death in the universe" then the abstract disapered

the same way they killed her in the canverserverse by making everything immortal

basilisk
LT changes what Nekron embodies, then LT combos to ko.
Nekron now embodies Fail.

KuRuPT Thanosi
How has this thread gone on for this long... LT is an epic stomp

guy222
thumb up

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
That was Thanos' opinion. The point wasnt verified by the handbooks when they referenced the HOTI. LT didnt confirm or make a connection between HOTI and his boss. Furthermore the fact LT was beaten by this power also doesnt confirm the HOTI was TOAA's power because LT has had his form destroyed by Reed Richards. lol at the reed richards argument. I dont see how it could have been made any clearer that TOAA placed thanos as an omnipotent figurehead to solve the fault created by ressurections, speculating that THOTU was not connected to TOAA is absurd. handbooks and nothing amount to the exact same thing.

Black bolt z
so do protege and scathan No they're not.Thier celestials.Not actual abstracts.Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
all concepts are alligned to a LT face, even beyonder would be aligned to vengence No he wouldn't...where the hell did you get that idea?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by 753
lol at the reed richards argument. I dont see how it could have been made any clearer that TOAA placed thanos as an omnipotent figurehead to solve the fault created by ressurections, speculating that THOTU was not connected to TOAA is absurd. handbooks and nothing amount to the exact same thing. It was obviously connected.But it wasn't his full power.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
It was obviously connected.But it wasn't his full power. Based on ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.