Golden Age Spectre vs. Golden Age Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Kandy
http://megacomicsgroup.com/images/CaptMarvelAdventures4CovSM.jpg

vs.

http://www.tradereadingorder.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/The-Golden-Age-Spectre-Archives-Volume-1.jpg

No "Ring of Life" for the Spectre.

CosmicComet
Ga spec's feats?

BerserkersRage
Didn't GA Spectre mostly fight common earth thugs? I really don't recall him fighting universal threats or world wide threats, for that matter. It seems like Spectre was A vengeful spirit not THE vengeful spirit. On the other hand, CAp Marvel was invulnerable and "the worlds strongest mortal" from day one.

Marvel for the win.

CosmicComet
I'm sure King Kandy knew what he was thinking when making this thread, no way he'd put a street leveler against GA Cap.

GA Cap has some amazing feats though. I'm still reading through his books and I love it.

Prep-Man
Spectre was a bit inconsistent. At his high levels, he was fighting Shuma Gorath type beings. At his lowest, he was fighting common thugs. I say Marvel overall.

King Kandy
He fought a lot of thugs, but they never posed the slightest threat to him so calling him a "Street Leveler" isn't exactly accurate. He also fought supernatural beings, and had quite a few good feats (like getting into a comet tossing fight with an enemy).

In the JSA comics, he was hands down portrayed as the strongest member.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by King Kandy
He fought a lot of thugs, but they never posed the slightest threat to him so calling him a "Street Leveler" isn't exactly accurate. He also fought supernatural beings, and had quite a few good feats (like getting into a comet tossing fight with an enemy).

In the JSA comics, he was hands down portrayed as the strongest member.

That would be Zor.

King Kandy
Yeah. He lost that fight though. That's the trouble, he'd constantly lose only to be bailed out by his Ring of Life. They could have had so much more impact if he was just too strong to be defeated.

CosmicComet
how durable was this spectre?

Colossus-Big C
im going with captain marvel

CosmicComet
bump

Omega Vision
Originally posted by CosmicComet
how durable was this spectre?
He's a ghost...

He has ghost durability stick out tongue

CosmicComet
blah. So GA Spectre couldn't be touched by physical force? stalemate then.

King Kandy
He could be hurt by magically powered physical damage, but ordinary weapons couldn't do it.

CosmicComet
Ah ok. That puts Cap in the clear.

Now the question is easier, has this Spectre ever been knocked out before or noticeably phased by the aforementioned magical natured physical attacks?

I've yet to see GA Cap hurt by anything. Even a black death ray made by Mr. Mind (who is the most adorable villain of all time I've decided) that was made to be able to dissolve anything it touches. All it ended up doing was dissolving the floor underneath Cap's feet.

King Kandy
Now the question is easier, has this Spectre ever been knocked out before or noticeably phased by the aforementioned magical natured physical attacks?
http://dccomicsartists.com/Goldage/zor-mfun57.JPG

CosmicComet

Cap via KO!

The dude was knocking down Gods who could survive on stars.

And he could hurt Mr. Atom with his punches, Mr. Atom who was able to tank an explosion powerful enough to hurtle him 100 years into the future.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
http://dccomicsartists.com/Goldage/zor-mfun57.JPG
Ha. Comics were so stupidly fun back then. Having a snowball fight with comets=epic win.

Prep-Man

Cap via KO!

The dude was knocking down Gods who could survive on stars.

And he could hurt Mr. Atom with his punches, Mr. Atom who was able to tank an explosion powerful enough to hurtle him 100 years into the future.

Which gods are you talking about?

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Which gods are you talking about?

Forgot which issue I read so I'll go through it again (although its going to be difficult since I have so many now).

But there was a story where the law of gravity was repealed by some council of Gods that write the laws of the universe (they said Shazam used to be part of this council too). So Cap went up there and ended up giving one of the gods a good walloping, then that god out of anger tried to repeal the law that allows Captain Marvel to exist, but he was banished to some faraway star for thousands of years because he tried to pass that law by himself and ignored democracy.

Prep-Man
lol, cool. Do you have any Dr. Sivanna feats?

CosmicComet
Nah. Sivana sucks really. He gave up trying to destroy Cap after not too many appearances, most of his plots seem to center around capturing and gagging billy so he can't transform or framing Cap so he would be put in jail.

Mr. Mind is far more dangerous than Sivana as a super-intelligent foe.

Prep-Man
Mr. Mind is cool. Any cool feats?

CosmicComet
-Made some machine that could summon planetoids to smash the earth.

-Built a giant castle fort in space that was made of diamond and steel.

-Had a giant cannon in space that could fire torpedoes that were a mile long.

-Made some robot that was unbreakable.

-Made a death ray that could dissolve 'anything'.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
im going with captain marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.