The Avengers Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
I didn't see this topic listed, and since the Avengers has more or less always been a solid title I've decided to launch this. So... let's discuss!

Badabing
Originally posted by Stoic
I didn't see this topic listed, and since the Avengers has more or less always been a solid title I've decided to launch this. So... let's discuss! Let's discuss... Don't you mean ASSEMBLE!? sneer

Avengers, New Avengers and Secret Avengers have been 3 of my top Marvel comics. Along with Thor and Hulk.

vansonbee
Issue#7 The gems are reassemble?

I thought the Watcher took them from Reed and his friends?

Stall_19
I honestly think Avengers Academy is the best of the Avengers titles at the moment.

Warlord

Warlord
so since this is our official Avengers thread let me ask:
what is the best possible line-up for you guys if you could assemble every hero who was ever an avenger in a team of 7 people?

Bentley
Pym
Thor
Iron Man
Janet
Captain America
Monica Rambeau

...and Squirrel Girl

Warlord
Thor
Iron Man
Wanda
Vision
Captain America
Mantis or Moondragon
Ms Marvel (binary mode preferably)

Martian_mind
Hawkeye
Wonderman
Vision
Thor
Scarlet Witch
Monica Rambeau
Hercules
She-Hulk

...mostly for entertainment value.

Bentley
Btw killing off Doctor Voodoo after about two arcs holding the Sorcerer Supreme title was as lame as it gets, really way to troll the character Bendis

Dum Dum Dugan
is anyone actaully surprized? honestly thats how marvel roles.

Bentley
Just by looking at the cover "one of these Avengers will die" I was almost convinced it was him, but still, it was kind of a troll's solution to a non-problem. Awfully handled all in all.

Rage.Of.Olympus
The main Avenger's title is garbage. The dialogue is downright painful at times. Avengers Prime is so much better. I find it difficult to believe it's written by the same person.

The latest issue was actually alright to be fair. Then again so was the first issue and just went downhill from there.

Bentley
Bendis knows next to nothing about writing panel dialogue, his dialogue is a bit generic and stale, but he's even worse at developping words through a page.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Time is broken.

Is this the fight? No, it's just a damn thing.

Two classics right there.

Galan007
Originally posted by vansonbee
Issue#7 The gems are reassemble?

I thought the Watcher took them from Reed and his friends? Nope. Reed gave one gem to each member of the Illuminati:

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3366/gems1h.th.jpg

I just wonder how Tony lost the reality gem..?

Badabing
Originally posted by Galan007
I just wonder how Tony lost the reality gem..? The booze. durink

Stoic
Originally posted by Badabing
Let's discuss... Don't you mean ASSEMBLE!? sneer

Avengers, New Avengers and Secret Avengers have been 3 of my top Marvel comics. Along with Thor and Hulk.

Yeah me too, I'm interested in the direction that Simon is going.

Originally posted by Warlord
so since this is our official Avengers thread let me ask:
what is the best possible line-up for you guys if you could assemble every hero who was ever an avenger in a team of 7 people?

As of right now? I would go with:

Thor
Ironman
Quasar
Ms. Marvel
Rulk
Hawkeye
Monica Rambeau (Field Captain)

This is a line up that would make even the Mighty JLA blush.

Warlord
Originally posted by Bentley
Btw killing off Doctor Voodoo after about two arcs holding the Sorcerer Supreme title was as lame as it gets, really way to troll the character Bendis

thumb up

Prep-Man
So... Any new Rulk feats? Anything good in Avengers?

Badabing
Btw killing off Doctor Voodoo after about two arcs holding the Sorcerer Supreme title was as lame as it gets, really way to troll the character Bendis You didn't see that coming? I mean killing is extreme but Strange was always going to be top dog.Originally posted by Stoic
Yeah me too, I'm interested in the direction that Simon is going.

As of right now? I would go with:

Thor
Ironman
Quasar
Ms. Marvel
Rulk
Hawkeye
Monica Rambeau (Field Captain)

This is a line up that would make even the Mighty JLA blush. Simon threw me off. I had completely forgotten about his change of heart. I think it will be good.Originally posted by Prep-Man
So... Any new Rulk feats? Anything good in Avengers? Rulk has been getting his ass handed to him his past several appearances.

Bentley
I never assumed Doctor Voodoo was going to be the pivot of a new magic age in Marvel, but I expected his new role as Sorcerer Supreme to last longer or at least to dismiss the importance of the title itself. One way or another Brother Voodoo was behind Son of Satan and Doom when it came to magics, his persona was never going to top Strange but I wanted him to exist more for a change.

In another topic, I'm hoping Janet resurrects in a few years, if only because the female Avengers are getting dismissed permanently for no other reason than the males being cooler. Pft.

Stoic
I think that Marvel just used Brother Voodoo as a scrub. It's far easier to kill off an obscure character than to let a more established one go, how would you have felt if Dr. Strange got the axe? I think that they just used him to fulfill the story, and to tie up a few loose ends. As far as I'm concerned he won't be missed, which was most likely the point.

basilisk
1) Hulk
2) Red Hulk
3) She-Hulk
4) Red She-Hulk
5) Lyra She-Hulk
6) Skaar
7) A-Bomb

With an Avengers lineup like that who needs anyone else?

srankmissingnin
I'm really sick of Bendis shoving The Hood down my throat. There are other villains around, some of which are actually credible threats.

basilisk
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm really sick of Bendis shoving The Hood down my throat. There are other villains around, some of which are actually credible threats. I'm really sick of Bendis shoving crap stories, poor dialogue, and bad characterization down my throat.

At least there is Secret Avengers now.

Stall_19
I have many questions about the latest Avengers issue.

One, why isn't the Hood imprisoned. In the New Avengers finale they caught him and handed him off to shield. Two, How the hell did he know where the infinity gems are hidden? Three, So why did the reality gem take him right to the Red Hulk? Four, Why the hell did they advertise the issue as Red Hulk joins the Avengers when all that happen was that he went through through their window before losing consciousness.

Kazenji
Originally posted by basilisk
I'm really sick of Bendis shoving crap stories, poor dialogue, and bad characterization down my throat.

Seems like he's gonna be on the title for a while look into january on Marvel.com and he's still doing it.

basilisk
Originally posted by Kazenji
Seems like he's gonna be on the title for a while look into january on Marvel.com and he's still doing it. Still, it has to end eventually. At least with Secret Avengers out now we can enjoy some monthly non-Bendis Avengers again, even if it isn't a standard lineup.

Kazenji
They need to get Dan Slott back he was good on the last run.

Stoic
Yea so Wolverine and Squirrel Girl. Are they a couple? Did they have a past encounter? New Avengers 7 wasn't action packed, but not bad. Dr. Strange an Avenger, Wong is the Butler, Squirrel Girl is the Nanny. I like the direction.

SamZED
With nanny like that who needs avengers.

vansonbee
Originally posted by SamZED
With nanny like that who needs avengers. Squirrel girl should be in the line-up for the Avengers.

Take out useless Spider woman!

Oh, D-man should be substitute for the over abuse Logan franchise!

Stoic
Squirrel girl should be in the line-up for the Avengers.

Take out useless Spider woman!

Oh, D-man should be substitute for the over abuse Logan franchise!

What??? Spider Woman is one of the hottest chicks in comics. The New Avengers are in need of a speedy character, like Quick Silver or Monica.

Warlord
SG in the team makes it unfair.

They are becoming more powerful than the cosmic team in Thanos Imperatice...stick out tongue

SamZED
Exactly.^

I dont think Cage and Thing on the same team is a good idea. Has nothing against the characters. But they're both too simillar for the team. Both are strong/durable bricks/brawlers. The team needs to be more balanced.

Deadline
Exactly.^

I dont think Cage and Thing on the same team is a good idea. Has nothing against the characters. But they're both too simillar for the team. Both are strong/durable bricks/brawlers. The team needs to be more balanced.

Thats exactly what I was thinking, isn't that kinda redundant? It's a bit like having the human torch and Pyro on the same team. erm

Bentley
Thing is cool, the team seems way too "physical" but at least now they have some magics as back up. I actually thought one of the weakest thing about the NA was their lack of a powerhouse, at least Carol and Ben kind of make up for it.

StiltmanFTW
NA #7 was very enjoyable.

Stoic
The Secret Avengers is shaping up pretty well, I really like Deodata's work on this book, his sketches of regular sized characters is his strong suit, he should stay away from sketching larger ones like Venom however. In The Secret Avengers 08, Cap saves Brunhilde from getting injured, showing that this team gels fairly well. Great scene. Claps and applause needed for that scene.

Warlord
so far I enjoy both Secret and New Avengers.
If only the main title was better.
The story seems good but the dialogue is poor at times and the art... oh the art...

Stoic
Originally posted by Warlord
so far I enjoy both Secret and New Avengers.
If only the main title was better.
The story seems good but the dialogue is poor at times and the art... oh the art...

Hasn't the main title been briefly taken over and called the Dead Avengers? If so I like it.

Warlord
nope the dead avengers is a 3 issue tie in of the chaos war.
Avengers 8 is the latest issue of the main title

Bentley
Reading some solicits a few come backs catched my eye: Wasp and Korvac are involved in an Avengers arc, I hope this cleans up some of Korvac's continuity.

Bentley
http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/bb2ba9fi8016/prv8016_pg4.jpg

Kazenji
John Romita Jnr is off the title

Avengers #12, Bryan Hitch drawing.

Warlord
my prayers are answered at last

H. S. 6
Thank God. JRJR's work is usually hit-or-miss for me, but his work on The Avengers has been absolute trash.

Blight
Bryan Hitch is fantastic!

BlackZero30x
soo anyone read the avengers #11? i swear i knew that was gonna happen....in fact i was standing in my comic shop talking and specifically said this would happen.....after being so correct im now un amused....and i feel like this has become every other marvel comics infinity gem story arc.......despite my user name growing up i was always a marvel kid but i am so disappointed in marvel right now.....

Sr J-Bieb
Looks like the Thanosi is going to get stomped by The Hood next issue

srankmissingnin
Avengers 12 sucked. The Avenger's line is a such a mess right now...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Such a waste.

Existere
Avengers is so meh. All the other Avengers titles are better, even if only marginally.

New Avengers turned around completely with issue 7 and is now fairly enjoyable. Secret Avengers has been pretty good all in all. Even Avengers Academy started to pick up with the last couple issues... if it commits to switching gears from it's theme of downward spirals and angst, then it could be solid. Long way to go though.

Stall_19
Yeah, the main avengers book has been really disappointing. Avengers Academy is my favorite of the current Avengers books out with New Avengers second.

Digi
When Rulk and Hood were fighting, did I see Wildstorm as one of the multiversal backdrops? It looked suspiciously like the Authority standing amongst the wreckage of the Carrier.

Galan007
^ That was the Ultimates, no?

srankmissingnin

Correct.

Digi

Lol. Ok, I don't read that book/universe much. Thanks though. Might be art style or something.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Digi
Lol. Ok, I don't read that book/universe much. Thanks though. Might be art style or something.

Bryan Hitch, he worked on them both.

JakeTheBank
God damn, Avengers needs to get in gear.

How in the hell do you somehow make an Infinity Gauntlet arc so...bleh?

Bendis needs to step down from the core title.

srankmissingnin
Marvel should give Ellis the reins of the Avengers, not Secret Avengers. Seriously how Marvel can have Warren Ellis working for them for years and and not have given the man a shot at the Avengers (or Fantastic Four) is mind boggling. Have none of the Editors read his work?

Sr J-Bieb
I'm glad he didn't bring Thanos back, but it still sucked.

The last three Avenger's Academy's have made this arc look like complete ass. At least you had a sense of big shit going down (even if Korvac did overrate himself).

Kazenji
I'd rather see Dan Slott back on this title.

StiltmanFTW
So... Strange does not know what poker is? facepalm

-Pr-

Dan Slott should have been given the reins ages ago.

Stall_19
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

There was an issue of one of the Spider-Man comics where Strange, Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, The Black Cat, & Kingpin were playing a poker game, so he should be very well versed in poker.

Stoic
Bryan Hitch is good, Alan Davis may be better.

-V-
Marvel should give Ellis the reins of the Avengers, not Secret Avengers. Seriously how Marvel can have Warren Ellis working for them for years and and not have given the man a shot at the Avengers (or Fantastic Four) is mind boggling. Have none of the Editors read his work?

I honestly don't think Ellis would be a good idea, he's a decent writer but his style does tend to suit a certain type of book.

Slott, on the other hand, is probably the best writer at Marvel at the moment. He was excellent on The Initiative and the Mighty Avengers (His Hank-led team was my favourite Avengers roster ever), but I think he's living out a lifelong dream writing Spider-Man so I dout he'll be moving anytime soon.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stall_19
There was an issue of one of the Spider-Man comics where Strange, Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, The Black Cat, & Kingpin were playing a poker game, so he should be very well versed in poker.

That's what I thought... damn Bendis.

basilisk
That's what I thought... damn Bendis. I'm not blaming Bendis for that one. I am pretty damn sure Strange was just pretending to be alien as part of the illusion. Might have made Hood even more suspicious if "Thanos" blurted out "Oh yeah, poker, play it all the time."

I fully blame Bendis for the overall crapness of the story though.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
The last three Avenger's Academy's have made this arc look like complete ass. At least you had a sense of big shit going down (even if Korvac did overrate himself). Yeah he sure did. This was a Galactus-level guy who wiped out the entire lineup of the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, basically killing them all, and relatively easily - then brought them back without effort. Now he gets beat up by a dinosaur, lightning, a girl made of gas, a strong guy, a martial artist, and... antimatter? (again?) I mean come on, are guys with Galactus-type cosmic power really afraid of anti-matter? Even with current technology we can block and move the stuff at a rudimentary level with electromagnetic fields. No advanced alien race would be afraid of Korvac if you could just blast him with antimatter to get rid of him.

I have enjoyed Avengers Academy up until this point - but this story arc just seemed way too stupid, forced, and contrived as a means of showing the kid's "potential". Carina could apparently manipulate time, grab people from anywhere in past or multiple potential futures, transfer minds/experience into them, etc, and the best plan she could come with was get a bunch of teen heroes, put them in slightly more powerful future bodies (Thor could have soloed those guys in under 2 minutes) and duke it out? Apparently she can't create/grab some antimatter herself to do this despite all her vast powers of space and time? And all the while telling the kids how great their "potential" is? Way, way, too contrived.

I hope it gets back to basics next arc.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by -V-
I honestly don't think Ellis would be a good idea, he's a decent writer but his style does tend to suit a certain type of book.

Ellis work on Authority and Stormwatch (and Planetary also) makes you think he is ill suited to write Avengers... confused

Sr J-Bieb
Yeah he sure did. This was a Galactus-level guy who wiped out the entire lineup of the Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy, basically killing them all, and relatively easily - then brought them back without effort. Now he gets beat up by a dinosaur, lightning, a girl made of gas, a strong guy, a martial artist, and... antimatter? (again?) I mean come on, are guys with Galactus-type cosmic power really afraid of anti-matter? Even with current technology we can block and move the stuff at a rudimentary level with electromagnetic fields. No advanced alien race would be afraid of Korvac if you could just blast him with antimatter to get rid of him.

I have enjoyed Avengers Academy up until this point - but this story arc just seemed way too stupid, forced, and contrived as a means of showing the kid's "potential". Carina could apparently manipulate time, grab people from anywhere in past or multiple potential futures, transfer minds/experience into them, etc, and the best plan she could come with was get a bunch of teen heroes, put them in slightly more powerful future bodies (Thor could have soloed those guys in under 2 minutes) and duke it out? Apparently she can't create/grab some antimatter herself to do this despite all her vast powers of space and time? And all the while telling the kids how great their "potential" is? Way, way, too contrived.

I hope it gets back to basics next arc. Well, he wasn't exactly Galactus level. Skyfather level, ya.

And they said they could beat him because of him being weakened.
I enjoyed it though. Korvac was still ripping through the kids too. At least they used some strategy to beat him as opposed to outright beating him. Plus, while the anti-matter was a plot device, it still gave a decent explanation to him being defeated this arc without making him get KO'ed and imprisoned... I think this was the best way to handle it tbh, outside of Galactus getting pissed and crushing Korvac.

My main problem with the arc was Carina not getting Wasp from wherever she was when she was talking to Pym. She already showed the power in this arc...

-V-
Ellis work on Authority and Stormwatch (and Planetary also) makes you think he is ill suited to write Avengers... confused

Let's get Stan Lee in on behalf of his Avengers run too, why don't we?

At no point did I say that Ellis wasn't good, even though I do believe he is overrated, I just think he suits books with a slightly darker mood than the current direction of the Avengers.

basilisk
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Well, he wasn't exactly Galactus level. Skyfather level, ya.

And they said they could beat him because of him being weakened.
I enjoyed it though. Korvac was still ripping through the kids too. At least they used some strategy to beat him as opposed to outright beating him. Plus, while the anti-matter was a plot device, it still gave a decent explanation to him being defeated this arc without making him get KO'ed and imprisoned... I think this was the best way to handle it tbh, outside of Galactus getting pissed and crushing Korvac. Yeah, I do kind of get a lot of what you are saying. But it seems like soon there won't be any high level cosmic who hasn't been taken down by some pretty weak team (or teens in this case). Every time they do it justs waters down the characters more and more...

I can only think he was a seriously weakened version of Korvac to begin with to go down like that. Original Korvac easily defeated a more powerful lineup of Avengers and Guardians without being so "weakened" afterwards. And either way it still doesn't make sense because a vastly powerful Carina was still supposedly nothing compared to even this weakened Korvac, yet she could easily have defeated that academy team. Likewise Thor could have. Oh well.

I liked the ending though.

My main problem with the arc was Carina not getting Wasp from wherever she was when she was talking to Pym. She already showed the power in this arc... Yeah, I thought she might have been able to do that too.

Bentley
It's stated during that arc that Korvac came back weaker, that's all I can say as the Korvac enthusiast I am. He did came back after being trashed by Galactus, a Cosmic Cube-backed Red Skull and he was still above Karina. The way he lost though, was still PIS.

StiltmanFTW
I'm not blaming Bendis for that one. I am pretty damn sure Strange was just pretending to be alien as part of the illusion. Might have made Hood even more suspicious if "Thanos" blurted out "Oh yeah, poker, play it all the time."

Yeah, makes sense when you think of it.

I fully blame Bendis for the overall crapness of the story though.

Me too.

--
All of you guys were dissing poor JRJ... and now we get Chris Bachalo sick

Seriously, the core title can't be drawn by a decent artist...?

Digi
Now that the Infinity stuff is over, it might be a good time to jump ship on this book. The art has bugged me from day 1, and meh to the story despite loving the roster.

Bentley
I decided not to read the Infinity Arc, was meh for me since day one. Did anything worthy of notice happen?

BruceSkywalker
does anyone know what else may be happening in the avengers title?

Sr J-Bieb
It's stated during that arc that Korvac came back weaker, that's all I can say as the Korvac enthusiast I am. He did came back after being trashed by Galactus, a Cosmic Cube-backed Red Skull and he was still above Karina. The way he lost though, was still PIS. Ah, makes sense.
Been looking for a reason to re-read it due to how awesome it was compared to other recent works. I mean, it's Korvac causing a shitstorm.

Ya, I agree the way he lost was plot devicey though. But at least it was an explanation. At least he didn't get KO'ed and put in the Raft though...

Yeah, I thought she might have been able to do that too. "I just brought, nay ripped a bunch of kids from everywhere in the multiverse"
"I miss Wasp"
"She probably misses you too"

lol

It seemed like she did that on purpose, at least I hope it was just to give him hope of finding her as opposed to the writer just forgetting she did that...

Bentley
Avengers Academy just seems better than the other Avengers books at the moment, I enjoyed the arc. I stopped reading New Avengers a while ago.

Existere
Meh. The Academy plots just feel so contrived to me, and I'm tired of the 'faculty' being ridiculously incompetent at their jobs.

That being said, it does seem to be one of the better titles. I dunno how I feel about a comparison between Academy and Secret, and I think the dialogue in New is better, but meh.

As a whole, the titles could step it up significantly.

Digi
I decided not to read the Infinity Arc, was meh for me since day one. Did anything worthy of notice happen?

Not really. Cap joined the Illuminati in BB's place.

SamZED
Anyone read the 12.1?

IMO Ultron comes back again is done to the death. On the other hand its always nice to see naked Spider-woman.

Sr J-Bieb
Anyone read the 12.1?

IMO Ultron comes back again is done to the death. On the other hand its always nice to see naked Spider-woman. I kind of thought it looked a little like him, then I thought no, it's just a Spaceknight, and then holy shit, it was him!

Those three pages had more impact than the entire Infinity Arc though.

srankmissingnin
Mad @ Cap, Ironman and Spidy being on the cover of Giant Size Avengers Academy. mad

Kazenji

Thats not what i got from it

obvisouly Strange was pretending to be Thanos so of course say "No i don't know what it is".

StiltmanFTW
Thats not what i got from it

obvisouly Strange was pretending to be Thanos so of course say "No i don't know what it is".

Yes, I already admitted I was wrong.

I was just pissed at Bendis for the overall mediocre arc, I guess.

StiltmanFTW
Big lulz@ Mad Thinker and Wizard.

"We should tell her our entire plan."

"Ha! That is a good idea."

Kazenji
I liked the part at start of #12.1 where Steve wanted to know who else was part of some secret group and Spidey just goes

"I'm a level 27 rogue on world of warcraft. Does that count?"

StiltmanFTW
I liked the part at start of #12.1 where Steve wanted to know who else was part of some secret group and Spidey just goes

"I'm a level 27 rogue on world of warcraft. Does that count?"

Steve's reaction was even better laughing out loud

Is Secret Avengers any good? Dropped it a while ago.

Kazenji
So now JRJ is back on the art.

Bentley
It seems that the Big Avengers will be getting a new rooster in November:

http://i.newsarama.com/images/avnv4019_cov_02.jpg

Martian_mind
It seems that the Big Avengers will be getting a new rooster in November:

**** yeah, I'm always saying the Avengers could use more cock.

Bentley
Is that somehow linked with getting rid of Thor? 131

StiltmanFTW
I don't like Clint's movie/ultimate look.

Bentley
Yep, its awful, but at least it isn't a head bandana...

Bentley
Just to confirm two new members of AA and three who will remain on the book:

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/images1/solicits/marvel/nov11/AVNACA021_cov.jpg

vansonbee
while panther like hmm = neat

Hope the blonde is similar to starfire in abilities!

JakeTheBank
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=47888

Stupid as shit, but expected. I'd prefer the Avengers title, seeing as it's Marvel's flagship title, revert to its original numbering, but of course, we need a #1 to coincide with the movie. And of course, Bendis is on it. facepalm

Bentley
Randomness is random.

Bentley
Nice, team, they look good:

http://i.newsarama.com/images/secretavengershardmanf_02.jpg

Kazenji
Only problem with that team is they have to keep an eye on Flash with the venom symbiote.

vansonbee
Is that 616 Beast? The design is way off.

I'm guessing that Human Torch is the android, Johnny still dead and isn't cut out for these missions.

Captain Britain is really out of place, no offensive to anyone.

Bentley
Captain Britain is really out of place, no offensive to anyone, except brits

Fixed biscuits

Kazenji

I'm guessing that Human Torch is the android, Johnny still dead and isn't cut out for these missions.

I thought Johnny is back unless thats coming up his return.

Kazenji
With Avengers #18 what was the deal with Wong going off at Jarvis?

srankmissingnin
Wong doesn't like anyone going into his kitchen.

I could have sworn there was already an official announcement that there would be a new Bendis Avengers title to coincide with the movie.

-Pr-
Wong doesn't like anyone going into his kitchen.

I could have sworn there was already an official announcement that there would be a new Bendis Avengers title to coincide with the movie.

There was a while back I thought. Bendis and Bagley, i think it said.

Bentley
HELL YEAH! Classic Vision!!!!

This book just became the Avengers again (no Spidey, no Wolverine, now I'll be able to stand Jessica Drew)

JakeTheBank
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=50784

Bendis leaving the Avengers, FINALLY.

Stoic
New Avenger 21 was great. Wolverine shows how much abuse he can actually take, and who is this new Thor? Is that Appollo?

StiltmanFTW
No, it was Ragnarok. The cyborg clone from Civil War.

Stoic
So it looks like I was wrong. New Avengers 22 was packed full of surprises. Skaar is on the New Avengers side from what was stated on the last page. At least he appeared to be. I'm really liking this title.

Nephthys
Man, I stop keeping up and the shit hits the fan. Since when was Rulk an Avenger?

Stoic
I'm not sure if he is an Avenger, because technically he's too young to be one. Captain America may have just been using him as an inside agent. Only in next issues story will anything be revealed, but it's a relief that the kid isn't on the wrong side of the fence. He should run with the New Warriors, New Mutants or some teenage type of group. He'd make a great addition to any team.

Kazenji
I quite like the current story for the Avengers book with Norman Osborn causing a shitstorm.

Bentley
I just finished reading the Children's Crusade, and while the last episode felt a bit too epiloguish for my taste, the scenes in which Iron-Lad goes time nutso was very well done, it has all the right manerisms and the cruel logic that Kang has displayed often. Good issue, I just hope they keep some of this plot alive for the arcs to come.

Kazenji
Avengers Assemble #1 preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=11705

Existere
I think that I've decided that I find Rulk to be a more interesting character and a better story addition than Hulk.

At least current Rulk, who is a far cry from the laughable series that was his introduction.

Does this make me a bad person?

Also, this has been said before, but he really does need a better name. Now that I like him more, I want him to have a name that doesn't connect him as a spin-off character from Hulk.

JakeTheBank
Man, so they're going back to the Savage Hulk persona? erm

Kazenji
Anyone seen Red Hulk in the Venom book??

he got hold of the Spirit of vengence and also the venom symbiote to kick blackheart's ass.

Kazenji
What's the deal with Black Panther in the latest Avengers book that has started up, i thought he turned down the spot on the team.

vansonbee
What's the deal with Black Panther in the latest Avengers book that has started up, i thought he turned down the spot on the team. Which book?

I recall him turning down the invite too and recommended his wife.

and he is living in New York, so there also possible chance to came to aid (or pickup)

Kazenji
Which book?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Existere
Also, this has been said before, but he really does need a better name. Now that I like him more, I want him to have a name that doesn't connect him as a spin-off character from Hulk. 1,000,000 bison dollars for you if you can come up with something decent that doesn't have a hulk or thunderbolt ross reference.

Existere
Well he's raging all the time and lets off massive amounts of heat, right?

They should call him something like Fervor, or a synonym.

All names sound kinda dumb until they actually get used though.

Stoic
I just read Avenger/Xmen 1, and I have to say that I am very impressed with the direction. The Nova story was great as well. I can't wait for 2 to come out.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Stoic
I just read Avenger/Xmen 1, and I have to say that I am very impressed with the direction. The Nova story was great as well. ...

Bentley
messed

Bentley
Marvel decided that since nobody else was doing a Green Arrow book, they should:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38130

But in all seriousness, this Hawkeye ongoing sounds even better than when they did the same thing with T'challa, and getting mini Hawkeye as a partner is an excellent set up, I think it's going to be a blast.

-Pr-
Fraction? Balls.

Bentley
Crap.

Oh, well, I guess I can still read Avengers Academy.

Kazenji
I'll give it a go might turn out good.

basilisk
Originally posted by psycho gundam
1,000,000 bison dollars for you if you can come up with something decent that doesn't have a hulk or thunderbolt ross reference.

Originally posted by Existere
Well he's raging all the time and lets off massive amounts of heat, right?

They should call him something like Fervor, or a synonym.

All names sound kinda dumb until they actually get used though.

I still think Gamma Red. He's from made from gamma rays and he's red. They could even have a Gamma Red vs Omega Red fight.

Stoic
I still think Gamma Red. He's from made from gamma rays and he's red. They could even have a Gamma Red vs Omega Red fight.

How about Code Red, General Red, The Red Tomato, The Red Potato, Thunder Clap?

Existere
Thunder Clap sounds like a superhuman STD.

Whoa, deja vu. I feel like I said that last time that name was suggested. mmm

Or they just changed something in the matrix.

Stoic
Honestly though, i just don't understand why they don't just go public with his secret identity, and just call him General Ross again?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.