Darth Sidious (Palpatine) vs Snape

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
The final battle between Star Wars mythos and the Harry Potter series. Battle site is the same (streets of London) only this time it is night. Sidious gets his lightsaber and the dark side of the Force. Snape has his wand and magic. Both parties have little knowledge of each others powers. Remember, Sidious is the ultimate Master of the dark side of the Force. Can Snape beat a Master of the dark side?

Robtard
This really needed?

Most posters' response: Sidious uses his Force enhanced reaction-time and Force-precog to attack first/kill.

The HP Fanboy(s) response: Snape stomps! Aburrito! Smegmatorium! Fellatio!

/repeat

the ninjak
word

BruceSkywalker
not again

ares834
Why? You already posted two HP and SW vs fights why do you need more?

Rogue Jedi
Well, since Snape apparated in TDH, he can now apparate in any and all vs. threads.

That said, someone is gonna post a vid of Sidious casting force powers fast enough to catch Snape before he apparates. If Snape apparates first, it's all over.

Rogue Jedi
If this is the best that Sidious can do:

MFEjcvIRMDo

He's done. It takes a second for the force lightning to reach Yoda, it's nowhere instantaneous. Apparition is instantaneous.

BTW: Where was Yoda's precog? As the force lightning hits him, he actually looked surprised.

Rogue Jedi
OK boys and girls, prepare to be raped.

Here is a scene from THBP:

-GK7JnKelJA

Harry is chasing Snape after Snape killed Dumbledore. At :15, Harry casts Incarcerous. Snape blocks it.

At :18, Bellatrix casts a non verbal spell that hits Harry instantly.

At :43, Harry casts sectumsempra at Snape. Snape turns, blocks the scetumsempra, and casts a non verbal spell back at Harry, knocking Harry on his back. This all happened in about one second. Snape's back was turned, Harry cast the spell, it reached Snape, Snape turns to face Harry, blocks the spell, AND cast a spell back at Harry. All in less than a second. And no, Snape did not rebound the sectumsempra back at Harry. How do we know this? Because Harry was not sliced to ribbons. Snape's reaction time here is greater than any Jedi. All 4 spells in the video travel at least as fast, probably faster than blaster bolts.

Precog was fine during ROTS. What was affected was the Jedi ability to see brief glimpses of the future, as Luke did in ESB. Battle precog was faulty at best.

Verdict? Wizards>>>>>>>>>>>>Jedi, all day, every day, without fail.

Any more questions? I'll copy/paste this into the Snape/Sidious thread.

Pwned
You do know that force users continually try to block each others precog during combat, right?

At least, im pretty sure they do, been a while since i read that book (yes, i know it would be considered useless here, but it was an interesting tidbit nonetheless, kinda irrelevant though)

Thats why alot of jedi were killed in a suprise shot from Sith Lords.....
To quote Mace, "I think its time we informed the Senate our ability to use the Force has diminished"
Precog is just a short glimpse of the immediate future, that was why Yoda was suprised, because the imbalance (Sidious) was right in front of him blocking his views of the future

Rogue Jedi
Mace was implying foresight, not being able to use it to see the future.

Fail.

RE: Blaxican
How do you know that's what he was implying.

Rogue Jedi
Because that was Sidious's reason for clouding their vision, so the Jedi could sense him or the future.

Foresight and Battle precog are two different things.

Robtard
And Sideous has Force-precog along with superior reaction-time, so just like Vader and Yoda, he'll be one step ahead of the wizard.

Yet another repeat thread.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Well, since Snape apparated in TDH, he can now apparate in any and all vs. threads.

Not that it stopped you from creaming "apparate! apparate! apparate!" before that film.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
And Sideous has Force-precog along with superior reaction-time, so just like Vader and Yoda, he'll be one step ahead of the wizard.

Yet another repeat thread.

Not that it stopped you from creaming "apparate! apparate! apparate!" before that film. See, Sidious doesn't HAVE superior reaction time, the vid I posted proves that Snape is faster.

Accept it. Stop posting your opinion and accept it.

Robtard
See, Sidious doesn't HAVE superior reaction time, the vid I posted proves that Snape is faster.

Accept it. Stop posting your opinion and accept it.

Dude's one of the most powerful Force-users in SW; if weaker Jedi/Sith have the ability to block blaster-fire, his reflexes are not going to be lesser and they'll be well above and beyond a normal human's.

This isn't my opinion, Force-users have these abilities, they're fast, very fast, it's shown/stated in the films.

Rogue Jedi
Dude's one of the most powerful Force-users in SW; if weaker Jedi/Sith have the ability to block blaster-fire, his reflexes are not going to be lesser and they'll be well above and beyond a normal human's. See, you have to watch the vid I posted. Watch Snape.

Point A: Harry cast sectumsempra.

Point B: Snape turns, blocks the spell, and returns one in one swift motion.

Point C: The spell hit Harry and knocked him on his ass.

ALL in less than one second. That's faster than any Jedi/Sith reaction time feat, hands down. Snape is faster.

Robtard
Harry Potter is a regular human too, bro; he's not Mr. Speedblitz.

Force-precog, this is something you have yet to get around, despite your attempts to try to exclude it and whatnot.

Rogue Jedi
Harry Potter is a regular human too, bro; he's not Mr. Speedblitz.

Force-precog, this is something you have yet to get around, despite your attempts to try to exclude it and whatnot. Missing the point, dude. The vid is about Snape's speed/reaction time. Post a vid of a Jedi/Sith doing what Snape did in under a second.

You can't.

Snape has faster reaction time.

Moving on.

Force precog, eh? The force precog that failed more times than I count through six movies? Yeah.....Failed, just like your argument. Force precog was working in Ep. 1-3, it was Jedi FORESIGHT that Sidious was mucking with.

Rogue Jedi
Here, I'll say it again, slower this time:

-GK7JnKelJA

Harry is chasing Snape after Snape killed Dumbledore. At :15, Harry casts Incarcerous. Snape blocks it.

At :43, Harry casts sectumsempra at Snape. Snape turns, blocks the scetumsempra, and casts a non verbal spell back at Harry, knocking Harry on his back. This all happened in about one second. Snape's back was turned, Harry cast the spell, it reached Snape, Snape turns to face Harry, blocks the spell, AND cast a spell back at Harry. All in less than a second. And no, Snape did not rebound the sectumsempra back at Harry. How do we know this? Because Harry was not sliced to ribbons. Snape's reaction time here is greater than any Jedi. All 4 spells in the video travel at least as fast, probably faster than blaster bolts.

Precog was fine during ROTS. What was affected was the Jedi ability to see brief glimpses of the future, as Luke did in ESB. Battle precog was faulty at best.

Robtard
Missing the point, dude. The vid is about Snape's speed/reaction time. Post a vid of a Jedi/Sith doing what Snape did in under a second.

You can't.

Snape has faster reaction time.

Moving on.

Force precog, eh? The force precog that failed more times than I count through six movies? Yeah.....Failed, just like your argument. Force precog was working in Ep. 1-3, it was Jedi FORESIGHT that Sidious was mucking with.

You're missing the point, Jedi/Sith are a lot faster than regular humans. <--- basic SW knowledge, that.

Yeah, covered that. Force-precog fails when it's overwhelmed, eg many shots coming in at once. It doesn't fail from one opponent, let a lone a guy with normal human speeds.

Rogue Jedi
You're missing the point, Jedi/Sith are a lot faster than regular humans. <--- basic SW knowledge, that. The reaction time argument is over. Snape is faster.

When it comes to moving around, apparating/half apparating>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Force speed. All day every day, 25/8, 366. AND Apparition is INSTANTANEOUS.

The spells that were cast in the vid>>>>>>Blaster bolt speed. Fact. Accept it.

Ahahahahahaa you REALLY wanna have this out with me? I'll embarrass you, dude. Up to you, call it.

Pwned
Your kind of denying the very definition of precog.

its knowing whats going to happen before it happens, battle precog=glimpse of what the other person is about to do=glimpse of the future

grab a dictionary........
Foresight and precog are, in definition, pretty much the exact same thing..........

Explain that away and convince me that they are NOT, and ill concede it to you, but up til that point my figuring is that with his precog Sidious can kick some royal Snape %@#

Robtard
The reaction time argument is over. Snape is faster.

When it comes to moving around, apparating/half apparating>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Force speed. All day every day, 25/8, 366. AND Apparition is INSTANTANEOUS.

The spells that were cast in the vid>>>>>>Blaster bolt speed. Fact. Accept it.

Ahahahahahaa you REALLY wanna have this out with me? I'll embarrass you, dude. Up to you, call it.

Force-precognition, go look up what Qui-Gon Jinn said/explained. You can't get faster than attacking before the other guy, cos you know(sense) what he/she is going to do

Oh my, MVF eThreats now, lolz. Embarrass me, go. (If you're going to bring up Order 66, and/or arguments b4 the "on screen only" was relaxed, just don't, it will be lolz)

Rogue Jedi
Force-precognition, go look up what Qui-Gon Jinn said/explained. You can't get faster than attacking before the other guy, cos you know(sense) what he/she is going to do

Oh my, MVF eThreats now, lolz. Embarrass me, go. (If you're going to bring up Order 66, and/or arguments b4 the "on screen only" was relaxed, just don't, it will be lolz)

So a Jedi knows what Snape will do......This helps them......How? 3.....2....1.....GO.......Snape is gonna off to the races, dude. Sidious cannot attack before Snape does, this is essentially a quick draw. Apparition is instantaneous, force attacks are not. Get it?

Or Snape simply reacts faster and death spells Sidious. Yes, Snape's death spell would reach Sidious far in advance of any force attack reaching him. Why? Because, as shown in the vids I posted, Snape has faster reaction time. Also proven is that the spells in the vids travel far faster than any force attack. Stop posting your opinion, which is biased, and post proof, as I have.

Avada Kedavra and Reducto= On hit, instant death. Name a one hit instant death force attack that Sidious has......None.

And let's not forget, let's not forget, dude, that Snape can cast any power that a lesser death eater can. Think about it........BBQ.

The evidence in the vids I posted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your HP hate filled biased opinion.

Pwned
Frankly, i dont hate HP, but i dont like it, its one of them things i dont care about........

But anyways, how fast does lightning move? Pretty fast
Look at ROTS, as soon as Mace drops his guards, BAM lightning all over him

Also, anything Snape has that attracts lightning, yeah, apparate wont help with that, itd be like wearing a heater witha heat seeking missile after you

Also, you didnt answer my question, whats the difference between seeing the future and knowing whats going to happen before it happens? nothing

speed doesnt always win anyways, that and they needed to cut down screen time, as you more than likely know, im betting it would actually have taken longer, as nothing could turn around and yell 2 sentences in less than a second...........

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Pwned
Frankly, i dont hate HP, but i dont like it, its one of them things i dont care about........

But anyways, how fast does lightning move? Pretty fast
Look at ROTS, as soon as Mace drops his guards, BAM lightning all over him Not as fast as the spells being cast in the vid I posted. Not fast enough to catch Snape before he apparates either.

Er.....You have nothing to back that up with.

One is farseeing, events to come. The other is OH SHIT BALSTER BOLT BLOCK!!!! BLOCK AGAIN!!!.

It was all non verbal, dude. Nothing was yelled.

I agree on the speed thing, but it definitely helps.

Pwned
Ah, well then the nonverbal thing would help

But we all know its just a general nature of lightning, if its attracted to it, theres no getting away from it, unless Snape constantly wears a condom and blocks it with his non existant manlyhood ;-)

But still, precog IS a glimpse of the future, either way, Sidious was diluting it

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is some messed up !^#%

dadudemon
Your kind of denying the very definition of precog.

its knowing whats going to happen before it happens, battle precog=glimpse of what the other person is about to do=glimpse of the future

grab a dictionary........
Foresight and precog are, in definition, pretty much the exact same thing..........

Explain that away and convince me that they are NOT, and ill concede it to you, but up til that point my figuring is that with his precog Sidious can kick some royal Snape %@#

I'll explain it:

Battle-precog != Far-Seeing.

Two different forms of precognition.

Battle-precog is more of a precognitive reflex than it is "seeing glimpses of the future." Why? Because that's exactly what Qui Gon Gin calls it: "...reflexes..."

Far-seeing fits the more classical definition of what we know as "precognition": it is a vision of a potential future.

Yoda indicates for us what Sidious was doing: blocking the ability to Far-see for the most part, which is where we get our lines from Yoda, in the PT. He does this for the very reasons that RJ explained plus one additional HUGE reason: to keep them from catching a glimpse of Order 66.

In other words, Far-seeing is not battle precog as far as force powers go, but they are both a form of precognition. This is why we end up with Jedi that can block lots of blaster bolts, but not forsee the Great Jedi Purge.

Rogue Jedi

But we all know its just a general nature of lightning, if its attracted to it, theres no getting away from it, unless Snape constantly wears a condom and blocks it with his non existant manlyhood ;-)

Stop talking.

Robtard
So a Jedi knows what Snape will do......This helps them......How? 3.....2....1.....GO.......Snape is gonna off to the races, dude. Sidious cannot attack before Snape does, this is essentially a quick draw. Apparition is instantaneous, force attacks are not. Get it?

Or Snape simply reacts faster and death spells Sidious. Yes, Snape's death spell would reach Sidious far in advance of any force attack reaching him. Why? Because, as shown in the vids I posted, Snape has faster reaction time. Also proven is that the spells in the vids travel far faster than any force attack. Stop posting your opinion, which is biased, and post proof, as I have.

Avada Kedavra and Reducto= On hit, instant death. Name a one hit instant death force attack that Sidious has......None.

And let's not forget, let's not forget, dude, that Snape can cast any power that a lesser death eater can. Think about it........BBQ.

The evidence in the vids I posted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your HP hate filled biased opinion.

Cos Palpatine's faster, cos of the Force, cos that's what it does, grants the user faster than normal reflexes and reaction-time, cos it's the Force and that's what it does.

Your fanboyism has the wizard turned into Nightcrawler, but instead of teleporting and attacking several times in under a second, he's porting and casting faggy spells with his little wand. Just isn't so though, wizard is human.

An empty threat, eh. Oh, got a cam-version of Hairy Bunghole and the Deathly Hollows.

Rogue Jedi
Cos Palpatine's faster, cos of the Force, cos that's what it does, grants the user faster than normal reflexes and reaction-time, cos it's the Force and that's what it does. I see, "Just cuz," eh?

In the time it takes Sidious to cast a force attack, here's what happened in the vid I posted:

Harry cast a spell at Snape, Snape turned and blocked it, Snape returned a spell of his own, the spell hit Harry.

Snape is faster. Ignoring this won't make it go away.

Your vagina is showing.

Cool.

Robtard
I see, "Just cuz," eh?

In the time it takes Sidious to cast a force attack, here's what happened in the vid I posted:

Harry cast a spell at Snape, Snape turned and blocked it, Snape returned a spell of his own, the spell hit Harry.

Snape is faster. Ignoring this won't make it go away.

Your vagina is showing.

Cool.

WTF? Not "just cos", the Force grants abilities that directly enhance reflexes and reaction-time, I told you to go watch what Qui-Gon Jinn said as a source.

Palpatine's lighting is instantaneous and he has the greater reaction-time(The Force).

Cos the wizard's spell casting isn't at enhanced super-speeds, obviously, they're human after all.

Exaggerating Snape won't make it true.

"Showing your vagina" is when a poster beings whinging/bitching. I'm clearly not doing either here so you incorrectly used that term, Mr. Ron Burgundy.

Rogue Jedi
WTF? Not "just cos", the Force grants abilities that directly enhance reflexes and reaction-time, I told you to go watch what Qui-Gon Jinn said as a source.

Palpatine's lighting is instantaneous and he has the greater reaction-time(The Force). Maybe you need a visual:

MFEjcvIRMDo

:33. Sidious casts force lightning at Yoda, it took a full second for him to shoot lighting and have it hit Yoda.

In the vid I posted, Harry cast a spell at Snape, Snape turned and blocked it, Snape returned a spell of his own, the spell hit Harry, all in under a second.

Twice as much happened in about the same time frame.

Add it up.

Snape casts magical spells faster and with better reaction time than any force user.

Yeah, well, I just buried this. The lightning reflexes you refer to are during saber combat only, NOT while casting force attacks.

Post a vid that proves me wrong, I dare you.

Who's exaggerating? I'm simply going with what is in the VIDS I am posting. The vids>>>>>>>>>>your opinion. All day every day.

Nah, you're butthurt and trying to hide it.

Sadako of Girth
Precog cant mean what you want it to, RJ.

And from what Ive read here and in other HP debate threads, Robtards exceedingly correct about your overly-optimistic appraisal of Human Wizard powers Vs Force users..

Palpapwnage here, make no mistake.

Pwned
Stop talking. I was joking =-p

Meh i havnt seen the movies in a bit, but i do know that before the clones shot, many jedi were shown turning around and blocking multiple shots before they were just swarmed

Then there are the ones who already knew what they were doing and had the skill to fight their way OUT of that mess, or just a long term evasion, and survived

To be killed later by Starkiller.........

Or Vader.......

Or hide in a hole like a pansy when they could stand in front of Sidious without him knowing they were Jedi, and do crap like that

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Precog cant mean what you want it to, RJ.

And from what Ive read here and in other HP debate threads, Robtards exceedingly correct about your overly-optimistic appraisal of Human Wizard powers Vs Force users..

Palpapwnage here, make no mistake.

DDM summed up battle precog quite nicely here:

Originally posted by dadudemon
I'll explain it:

Battle-precog != Far-Seeing.

Two different forms of precognition.

Battle-precog is more of a precognitive reflex than it is "seeing glimpses of the future." Why? Because that's exactly what Qui Gon Gin calls it: "...reflexes..."

Far-seeing fits the more classical definition of what we know as "precognition": it is a vision of a potential future.

Yoda indicates for us what Sidious was doing: blocking the ability to Far-see for the most part, which is where we get our lines from Yoda, in the PT. He does this for the very reasons that RJ explained plus one additional HUGE reason: to keep them from catching a glimpse of Order 66.

In other words, Far-seeing is not battle precog as far as force powers go, but they are both a form of precognition. This is why we end up with Jedi that can block lots of blaster bolts, but not forsee the Great Jedi Purge.

Overly optimistic appraisal.....Hmm.....Let's think about that.......I have proven that wizard apparition is instantaneous. I have proven that wizards can cast spells while being force choked. I have proven that wizards of Snape's caliber are faster casting spells than any force user is casting force attacks. What else is there? Wizards are faster, have far stronger powers, have MORE powers. See, when someone is faster, stronger, and has more powers, they usually win.

Precog.....K.......Where was Yoda's precog when Sidious blasted him into the wall? Where was Sidious's precog when Yoda returned the favor by force pushing him over his desk? Where was Obi Wan's precog when Dooku force held then threw him across the room? Where was Vader's precog when Solo blitzed his ass at Yavin? Where was Palpatine's precog when Vader rose up and killed him? Shall I go on?

Now, here are the attacks Sidious has at his disposal,and the ways Snape counters them:

1. Force choke:

A: Snape can speak in force choke. He death
spells him.
B: Snape can cast non verbal spells.
C: Snape can apparate away.
D: Snape is faster casting magic spells, so he won't
even need A. B or C.

2: Force push/pull:

A: Snape apparates out of it.
B: Snape is faster casting magic spells, he won't
need A.

3: Force lightning:

A: Snape is faster casting magic spells, He casts
avada kedavra before the force lightning
reaches him.

4: Sidious using his lightsaber:

A: Don't make me laugh. Apparition. Death spell.

Have I forgotten anything? Yeah, thought not.

"Overly optimistic approval" my ass. Everything I have claimed I can back up with movie footage, babe. It's all fact. Wizards are just better, accept it.

Rogue Jedi
I was joking =-p

Meh i havnt seen the movies in a bit, but i do know that before the clones shot, many jedi were shown turning around and blocking multiple shots before they were just swarmed

Then there are the ones who already knew what they were doing and had the skill to fight their way OUT of that mess, or just a long term evasion, and survived

To be killed later by Starkiller.........

Or Vader.......

Or hide in a hole like a pansy when they could stand in front of Sidious without him knowing they were Jedi, and do crap like that

I figured, that's why I said stop talking.

Only about half the Jedi realized the attack. Adi Gallia, Ayala Secura and Plo Koon didn't know. Precog is faulty.

Starkiller? Yeah, he'd wtf pwn Snape. And anyone else in the HP universe.

Nephthys
Guys, just ignore him. Eventually he'll get bored with posting all this shit.

Though I find it odd that you'd think Starkiller would pwn Snape considering the spanking Palps gave him.

Pwned
Honestly

And you have to consider that if Palps taught Vader, then what Vader can do Palps can do, right? Do inferences count at all, considering weve never seen Palps do a Force Crush, but its kind of obvious he can? I mean, its using TK to crush something ffs..........

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Nephthys
Guys, just ignore him. Eventually he'll get bored with posting all this shit.

Though I find it odd that you'd think Starkiller would pwn Snape considering the spanking Palps gave him.

Translation: "Guys, RJ is spanking your bottoms blue, you should bow out."

Dunno much about Starkiller, I'm just remembering him bringing down a star destroyer.

Nephthys

Dunno much about Starkiller, I'm just remembering him bringing down a star destroyer.

Cry Moar Plz!

'As Juno rescued the Senators, Starkiller confronted the Sith Lords who had been manipulating him for years. Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious.' - Official Star Wars Databank.

Rogue Jedi
Cry Moar Plz!

'As Juno rescued the Senators, Starkiller confronted the Sith Lords who had been manipulating him for years. Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious.' - Official Star Wars Databank. Like I said, dunno much about zee Starkiller.

Nephthys
SCT2O59f_pU

Well lets just say he'd rip Snape a new one.

Rogue Jedi
SCT2O59f_pU

Well lets just say he'd rip Snape a new one. See, I believe the following: Just because guy A beats guy B, then guy B beats guy C, that doesn't mean A beats C. IMO one thing has nothing to do with another.

dadudemon
DDM summed up battle precog quite nicely here:

Overly optimistic appraisal.....Hmm.....Let's think about that.......I have proven that wizard apparition is instantaneous. I have proven that wizards can cast spells while being force choked. I have proven that wizards of Snape's caliber are faster casting spells than any force user is casting force attacks. What else is there? Wizards are faster, have far stronger powers, have MORE powers. See, when someone is faster, stronger, and has more powers, they usually win.

Precog.....K.......Where was Yoda's precog when Sidious blasted him into the wall? Where was Sidious's precog when Yoda returned the favor by force pushing him over his desk? Where was Obi Wan's precog when Dooku force held then threw him across the room? Where was Vader's precog when Solo blitzed his ass at Yavin? Where was Palpatine's precog when Vader rose up and killed him? Shall I go on?

Now, here are the attacks Sidious has at his disposal,and the ways Snape counters them:

1. Force choke:

spells him.
even need A. B or C.

need A.

reaches him.

"Overly optimistic approval" my ass. Everything I have claimed I can back up with movie footage, babe. It's all fact. Wizards are just better, accept it.

Good post. I'm so glad I'm not on the Force User's side, this time.

I USED TO think that the force users would be more than fast enough until I saw Snape do that ultra fast block and cast thing.

Dumbledore is faster and more powerful than Snape, as is Voldemort. Is Snape the 3rd most powerful duelist in the series, though? I do not know...but since we know he's killed by Volde, we know he's at least weaker/slower than Volde and Dumbles kept right up with Volde at the ministry of magic duel so we can only assume the the top tiers are Dumbles and Volde with Snape coming in right behind.

As far as Harry Beating Volde? That comes down to Volde getting too arrogant and wanting to torture Harry instead of death spelling him...so that's not really proving that Harry is a better duelist than any of them, it shows shows Volde's over-confidence.

So, more on topic, I do not see any G-Level canon force user beating the top 3 duelists from Harry Potter because they are just as fast if not faster than any of the Jedi in reaction time. I do, however, see most of the other wizards getting diced to pieces by some of the top tier force users up to maybe Sirius Black levels of Wizards. Then it becomes very gray at who would win.

What do you guys of the MVF think? Agree? Disagree? Agree partially?

Nephthys
You suck noaw.

Rogue Jedi

So, more on topic, I do not see any G-Level canon force user beating the top 3 duelists from Harry Potter because they are just as fast if not faster than any of the Jedi in reaction time. I do, however, see most of the other wizards getting diced to pieces by some of the top tier force users up to maybe Sirius Black levels of Wizards. Then it becomes very gray at who would win.

What do you guys of the MVF think? Agree? Disagree? Agree partially? Depends on the wizard. Hermione Granger would pwn any Jedi.

dadudemon
Depends on the wizard. Hermione Granger would pwn any Jedi.

Though powerful and very versatile, it's not about those two attributes. It is specifically about the Wizards reaction times. I do not remember Hermione doing anything that showed an abundant reaction time on par with a Jedi.

Robtard

Get a little lower, and you'll be able to completely fit your junk into your mouth balls deep.

So you don't know shit about Starkiller, but you know enough to declare he'd destroy Snape. Odd.

BTW, lightning travels faster than uttering 5-6 syllables and waving a stick about, dude.

Rogue Jedi
Though powerful and very versatile, it's not about those two attributes. It is specifically about the Wizards reaction times. I do not remember Hermione doing anything that showed an abundant reaction time on par with a Jedi. Confundus. She was at least 100 yards away from Cormac and cast it on him by simply whispering it.

Rogue Jedi
Get a little lower, and you'll be able to completely fit your junk into your mouth balls deep.

So you don't know shit about Starkiller, but you know enough to declare he'd destroy Snape. Odd.

BTW, lightning travels faster than uttering 5-6 syllables and waving a stick about, dude. Non verbal spells, dude. Pay attention.

I am going with what I saw in a youtube vid, when he brought down a ****in star destroyer.

Robtard
Non verbal spells, dude. Pay attention.

I am going with what I saw in a youtube vid, when he brought down a ****in star destroyer.

You're the one that said "avada kedavra", dude.

And? Considering he brought it down with the Force and he'd bring to the table a similar set of powers that Palpatine would, it was an odd thing to declare considering you've tried your best to marginalize Force-precog and Jedi/Sith reaction-time, because those powers defeat your precious.

Rogue Jedi
You're the one that said "avada kedavra", dude.

And? Considering he brought it down with the Force and he'd bring to the table a similar set of powers that Palpatine would, it was an odd thing to declare considering you've tried your best to marginalize Force-precog and Jedi/Sith reaction-time.

Non verbal spell, then death spell. Pay attention.

Hmm, even more odd that Sidious can cast force storm in the EU, but we can't use that here, can we now? Hmm?

Robtard
Non verbal spell, then death spell. Pay attention.

Hmm, even more odd that Sidious can cast force storm in the EU, but we can't use that here, can we now? Hmm?

This is what you said, dude. Keep your shit straight. Copy/pasted from your post above:

"3: Force lightning:

reaches him."

Lightning travels extremely fast and Palpatine's reaction-time would also net him first attack.

Who cares, the point is that you should think that Snape is somehow still faster than Starkiller, considering he's faster than three of the most powerful Force-users so far, Vader, Yoda and Palpatine, according to your nonsense.

Rogue Jedi
This is what you said, dude. Keep your shit straight. Copy/pasted from your post above:

"3: Force lightning:

reaches him."

Lightning travels extremely fast and Palpatine's reaction-time would also net him first attack.

OK then, mere typo.

Revision: Snape casts a non verbal spell before Sidious casts force lightning, stuns him senseless, then death spells him.

Stop with the "Sidious has faster reaction time" bullshit. I proved with VIDS that Snape is faster. Stop posting your opinion and post evidence. You have none. Oh my.

Better?

Robtard
OK then, mere typo.

Revision: Snape casts a non verbal spell before Sidious casts force lightning, stuns him senseless, then death spells him.

Stop with the "Sidious has faster reaction time" bullshit. I proved with VIDS that Snape is faster. Stop posting your opinion and post evidence. You have none. Oh my.

Better?

More like ever evolving revisions.

You did no such thing, we routinely see Jedi in the films who are far less powerful than Palpatine block multiple blaster bolts within a second, sometimes from close distances; that isn't slower than blocking one attack-spell. ie 5-6 is not less than 1. I'm not bothering posting video of Jedi blocking blaster bolts, you're well aware they can do it; you've seen the films. In the end, you'll just ignore and claim otherwise.

Rogue Jedi
More like ever evolving revisions.

You did no such thing, we routinely see Jedi in the films who are far less powerful than Palpatine block multiple blaster bolts within a second, sometimes from close distances. That isn't slower than blocking one attack-spell. ie 5-6 is not less than 1. I'm not bothering posting video of Jedi blocking blaster bolts, you're well aware they can do it and you'll just ignore and claim otherwise.

Ahahahahaaa we're talking about casting FORCE ATTACKS, that's different than SABER COMBAT.

Try again, try harder.

Robtard
Ahahahahaaa we're talking about casting FORCE ATTACKS, that's different than SABER COMBAT.

Try again, try harder.

Oh my, so Jedi/Sith have insanely faster reflexes and reaction-time, but ONLY with a lightsabre?

Gimp again, gimp harder. It's all you have and ever had.

Nephthys
Indeed, that logic is flawed RJ. erm

mdf25VY8RYA

Rogue Jedi
Oh my, so Jedi/Sith have insanely faster reflexes and reaction-time, but ONLY with a lightsabre?

Gimp again, gimp harder. It's all you have and ever had.

Just saying, they were never shown using uber speed while casting force attacks. They moved at regular human speed, alot of the times even slower. It's not gimping, dude. I had to go out of my way with the recent vid to prove a wizard can match a Jedi in reaction time, now's the time for you to show where a Jedi uses their mad reflexes and speed while casting force spells.

You can't. The only reason you brought in "gimping" is because you're butthurt that I own this thread, tax, title and license. Notch it up alongside the Hogwarts/501st thread, the manhattan prison wizard/Jedi thread, and the death eaters attacking the temple thread. All 3 are now officially as spankings, wizards win.

Moving on.

It's not flawed logic, it's fact, due to what we see onscreen. It's a screen feat.

Rogue Jedi
Good post. I'm so glad I'm not on the Force User's side, this time.

I USED TO think that the force users would be more than fast enough until I saw Snape do that ultra fast block and cast thing. Amazing what a bit of evidence does for ones outlook.

Snape is up there, no doubt. Dumbledore, Voldemort, obviously the top two. The rest, in no specific order: Snape, Bellatrix, Sirius, Fenrir, Remus, Mad Eye Moody, Shacklebolt, Tonks, the Death Eaters from the ministry battle, Mconogall, maybe a few more.

Exactly. Voldemort could have easily killed Harry in GOF.

The OOTP and death eaters are all right behind Snape, probably not too much difference in speed. Especially Bellatrix, she's surely # 4.

Nephthys
Just saying, they were never shown using uber speed while casting force attacks. They moved at regular human speed, alot of the times even slower. It's not gimping, dude. I had to go out of my way with the recent vid to prove a wizard can match a Jedi in reaction time, now's the time for you to show where a Jedi uses their mad reflexes and speed while casting force spells.

You can't. The only reason you brought in "gimping" is because you're butthurt that I own this thread, tax, title and license. Notch it up alongside the Hogwarts/501st thread, the manhattan prison wizard/Jedi thread, and the death eaters attacking the temple thread. All 3 are now officially as spankings, wizards win.

Moving on.

It's not flawed logic, it's fact, due to what we see onscreen. It's a screen feat.

bVvyN2nwYxU

0.48 and 1.11. Both attacks occur in a matter of milliseconds. Cry moar.

Rogue Jedi
bVvyN2nwYxU

0.48 and 1.11. Both attacks occur in a matter of milliseconds. Cry moar. Ahahahahaha not milliseconds, not even close. They were right in each others face. Snape? He was at least 10 feet from Harry and was faster. yes

Are the attacks instantaneous? Nope!!! Cuz you know, apparition sorta.......is.....literally.......yeah.........Force push/pull/choke, wizard just apparates away. Instantly......yeah.

I love it when a good plan comes together!!!

Nephthys
Oh God. You are such a massive prick.

You can time that shit bro. From when they pull their hands back to when they unleash the attack it bare milliseconds. Remember, this is about reactions and attack speed, not the speed of the specific attacks (though in thi thread Sids has lightning anyway so speed is irrelevent big grin). Snape had the little assistence of Harry screaming out his attack a second before he actually used it. So fail!

More of your apparition bullshit. This has been dealt with before, I'm not repeating myself boy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Rogue Jedi

You can time that shit bro. From when they pull their hands back to when they unleash the attack it bare milliseconds. Remember, this is about reactions and attack speed, not the speed of the specific attacks (though in thi thread Sids has lightning anyway so speed is irrelevent big grin). Snape had the little assistence of Harry screaming out his attack a second before he actually used it. So fail!

More of your apparition bullshit. This has been dealt with before, I'm not repeating myself boy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hmm, let's see, milliseconds to cast a force attack......Hmm....It was ONE attack, and the combatants were right in each others face.

Snape? Harry cast a spell, Snape turned, blocked, cast a spell in return and it hit Harry. The entire sequence was under a second, and from 100 feet away. When you have something that matches that, let me know. Kthxbai eek!

"Screaming out" an incantation is the same as bringing ones hand back to cast a force attack. Both are warnings. Besides, if a Jedi has battle precog, why were the victims of the force attacks in your vid caught in them? Mwahahahahaha!!!!!!!

And no, apparition has not been dealt with. Nothing, not one damn force attack is instantaneous.

Instantaneous>>>>>>>>>>>>"milliseconds."

Plus there's the fact that a force user has ZERO one hit kill attacks. Zero. None. Nil.

So.....One hit kill attacks, INSTANT apparition, equal if not better reaction time, more powerful attacks, more attacks period.......Yeah, wizards win. Every time. Just concede, dude, I've covered every possible scenario, and Snape wins every time, quite handily.

dadudemon
In the CGI movie and in the movies, lightning is never instant. It is "shockingly" slow. That was done more for style than it was to try and defy physics. But, were are stuck with lightning that practically crawls through the air.

And, it was even less "milliseconds" before Snape cast his own spell (expelliarmus) than it was for Anakin to throw is force push at point blank and make a connection with his target causing Dooku to be blasted back.

What about Snape? He blocked a spell and cast his own in a shorter time frame, starting from a "turned around" position.

Just the time it took Snape to go from blocking to casting and then connecting is already faster than the force push we saw. From blocking to casting, it is almost instant.

This thread is dead as are any of the other magic threads like this one. I will not post in these anymore as it is futile to have any sort of objective discussion.

Rogue Jedi
In the CGI movie and in the movies, lightning is never instant. It is "shockingly" slow. That was done more for style than it was to try and defy physics. But, were are stuck with lightning that practically crawls through the air.

And, it was even less "milliseconds" before Snape cast his own spell (expelliarmus) than it was for Anakin to throw is force push at point blank and make a connection with his target causing Dooku to be blasted back.

What about Snape? He blocked a spell and cast his own in a shorter time frame, starting from a "turned around" position.

Just the time it took Snape to go from blocking to casting and then connecting is already faster than the force push we saw. From blocking to casting, it is almost instant.

This thread is dead as are any of the other magic threads like this one. I will not post in these anymore as it is futile to have any sort of objective discussion. Every argument for the Jedi/Sith has been covered. Covered and buried, six feet deep. None of them want to admit that a wizard can beat a force user.

They WANT the force user to win. They want in one hand, then shit in the other. See which hand fills up first.

Sadako of Girth
They WANT water to be wet.

They WANT the sky to be blue.

They WANT logic to be logical.

And since the Jedi/Sith are tied into the very fabric of the universe,
its logical that what ever exists in that universe is subject to them to an extent.

And thats a brown-trouser situation for the Wizards (Humans living with a universe goverened by that universe's physical laws.)

Rogue Jedi
Sure, why not!!! Never mind that the wizards are faster, have far more powers, have stronger powers, can teleport at will. Yeah, that stuff means shit!!! Never mind that a wizard can kill a Jedi in less than a second, or turn them into a barfing toad, or vanish them. Yeah, weak!!!

Sadako of Girth
They teleport based on spells they cast, don't they? Doesn't that take time to impliment..?

And show me the on screen feat where a wizard killed a jedi?

"Besides. A force user with precog will always see whatever they do before it happens anyway" = Qui-Gonn-Win

Rogue Jedi
They teleport based on spells they cast, don't they? Doesn't that take time to impliment..?

And show me the on screen feat where a wizard killed a jedi?

"Besides. A force user with precog will always see whatever they do before it happens anyway" = Qui-Gonn-Win

It's instantaneous.

HA.

So? Takes longer than a wizard takes casting spells.

Next question. I already covered everything, you're late for the party.

SduYfdbmiI8&feature=related

Robtard
It's instantaneous.

HA.

Which has already be trumped long ago and in a galaxy far, far away. IF (big if) the wizard is able to beat Sith superior reaction-time and teleport before he gets electrocuted, Palpatine will be ready for him the instant he reappears, due to both Force-precog and reaction-time. So he'd appear right as lighting fries his ass.

Of course now you'll argument-shift and state that Snape will "half-fellate" and be a smoke-ball instead of teleporting. Palpatine could lightning the shit out of the smoke, thereby shattering it and I'd assume ****ing up the wizard as he's effectively been cut to pieces.

Boom and boom, once again you have nothing.

Sadako of Girth
It's instantaneous.

HA.

SduYfdbmiI8&feature=related

You asserted that a wizard can kill a force user in less than a second with no screen feats to back it up.

Claims backed with no evidence require no disproving.

Also a wizard can be as instantaneous as he likes, but what ever he does fast will be psychically and physically pipped to the post, precisely countered and preemptively pounded upon painfully, proactively and powerfully by a perpetually pre-prepped prevalent Palpatine.

Robtard
I.E. 'P' is for "pwned."

Rogue Jedi
Which has already be trumped long ago and in a galaxy far, far away. Nah, it hasn't. Nothing a force user has in their power keeps a wizard from apparating. Fact.

Wrong again. Force lightning takes a while to reach it's target. Snape apparates 100 feet away, casta a non verbal spell (like in the vid), and apparates again.

Wizards have faster reaction time than Jedi. It;s right there in the vid I posted. Stop posting what you WANT to be true and accept it.

And if Sidious catches Snape with force lightning (lulz at that, force lighting is SLOW and Snape'll be zipping around like a bumblebee), it'll go right through him.

Precog schmeecog, Snape casts spells faster than Sidious casts force attacks. If Sidious knows what Snape is gonna do, how does that help him? Didn't help him against Yoda's force push. Where was Yoda's precog when Sidious blasted him into the wall? Where was Sidious's precog when Yoda returned the favor by force pushing him over his desk? Where was Obi Wan's precog when Dooku force held then threw him across the room? Where was Vader's precog when Solo blitzed his ass at Yavin? Where was Palpatine's precog when Vader rose up and killed him? Shall I go on?

Cuz that's one of his powers, yeah.

Sure. Snape will be intangible. Fail. Not to mention that all Snape has to do is cast a spell faster (cuz in the vid I posted it proves he is faster), the spell will reach Sidious faster than the force lightning reaches Snape (yes, spells are faster than force attacks, again, see the vid), and Sidious is done.

Actually, I have it all. Wizards are faster, have faster reaction time, stronger, have far more weapons, and can teleport at will. It's all right there in the vid I posted.

Once again, the evidence in the vids I posted>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Your HP hate.

One more time, take notes:

1. Force choke:

spells him.
even need A. B or C.

need A.

reaches him.

Sadako of Girth
I.E. 'P' is for "pwned."

laughing out loud

Positively.

Robtard
Nah, it hasn't. Nothing a force user has in their power keeps a wizard from apparating. Fact.
Wrong again.

Force lightning takes a while to reach it's target. Snape apparates 100 feet away, casta a non verbal spell (like in the vid), and apparates again.

-Death or not being able to move/think due to extreme pain. Except those you mean.

-This of course is you ignoring Force-precog (again). Wizard ports, Palpatine will sense his re-appearing BEFORE it happens and the lighting is there. Beginning of the fight or a couple seconds after, wizard will ride the lightning, take your pick.

The rest of your post can be ignored and it's based on you both over-hyping the wizard powers (eg they're not Nightcrawler, dude) and downplaying to outright trying to ignore Force abilities.

Nephthys
Hmm, let's see, milliseconds to cast a force attack......Hmm....It was ONE attack, and the combatants were right in each others face.

It doesn't matter how ****ing close they were *******. This is about reaction speed and attack speed. Remember? I'm trying to prove that Jedi can use their superior Force-assisted reflexes in attacking with the Force. I've shown them attacking with the force in a matter of milliseconds, ergo I win.

You go from 10 feet away to 100 feet away in the space of a post. Could you wank harder please? I think Snape has a spot on his foot not covered in your diseased filth. And the ****? Did he block and cast a spell at the same time? We see him block a spell earlier in the fight and it made his wand glow. Guess what, same thing happened on this time it was in-front of Harry's face. But it only happened once. If he had blocked it and then cast a spell his wand would have glown like it did earlier AND THEN we would have seen the effects of Snapes spell seperately from the block. But we don't. We hear a long, drawn out spell sound effect and then we see a single effect. Therefore its part of the same sequence. Therefor its obvious that Snape made the spell either reflect (unlikely as that would have sliced Harry instead of put him on his ass) or Snape made Harry's magical energy backfire in his face.

-GK7JnKelJA

Like shit they are. Try screaming out 'SECTUMSEMPRA' and do the Force attack thing with your hand. See which takes longer. Becuase even when I scream the word as quickly as I can it still takes twice as long as the hand thing.

facepalm You know nothing about Star Wars. Force users fight by trying to block each others precog with the Force. Thats how it works. Thats why they don't block everything with perfect timing all the time in the movies.

FYgBGiFeKx8&feature=player_embedded

Apparition's not instantaneous though. smile

Nottomention that even if they manage to apparate they will be tracked and attacked instantly as they appear. Precog. Plus the Jedi's ability to track things with the Force as shown by Anakin chasing the assassin in AotC.

Well I'd like to see a wizard do anything when Palpatine's zapping their ass with a few thousan volts of electricity.

No, Snape gets his ass fried with the Force or his head crushed by Palpatine. Its the only way this ends really

Also, looks at how insanely 'fast' Avada Kadavra is:

uHGp-8m2Ltw

Both times, at 9.06 and 2.47 it takes a good second and a half to hit targets 10 feet away. Compare it to the Clone Wars movie vid I posted with their insane dodges and I'm sure you'll agree, the killing curse has a miniscule chance of hitting.

You asserted that a wizard can kill a force user in less than a second with no screen feats to back it up.

Claims backed with no evidence require no disproving.

Also a wizard can be as instantaneous as he likes, but what ever he does fast will be psychically and physically pipped to the post, precisely countered and preemptively pounded upon painfully, proactively and powerfully by a perpetually pre-prepped prevalent Palpatine.

thumb up

Rogue Jedi

Claims backed with no evidence require no disproving.c_nJyBBQVaU&feature=related

v9PWijQWTq4&feature=related

Or

JcIOKQxd8x4

Johnny Cage: "This is where you fall down."

Mhm. Except that Snape instantly becomes a cloud of intangible smoke and death spells Sidious from hundreds of feet high.

Yeah....Let's see, there was something else......

-GK7JnKelJA

Learn it. Live it. LOVE it.

Nephthys
c_nJyBBQVaU&feature=related

Slow.

Faster, but trumped by the two other examples of it being slow.

Muuuch slower than a blaster bolt. Fail.

Well then Palpatine traps his smokey ass in a Force bubble and dodges death spells all day long.

Not to mention IT ISN'T INTANGIBLE.

k-xPSxMA580&feature=related

Palpatine attacks with Force Lightning in under a second then throws Mace about a hundred feet away without moving a muscle whilst still electricuting him.

Nephthys
AM I BLOWING YOUR MINDS YET?

http://a-m-p.gr/media/image/large/EGConsidermymindblown.jpg

Rogue Jedi
It doesn't matter how ****ing close they were *******. This is about reaction speed and attack speed. Remember? I'm trying to prove that Jedi can use their superior Force-assisted reflexes in attacking with the Force. I've shown them attacking with the force in a matter of milliseconds, ergo I win.

No force user, not ever, is shown using a force attack with the same reflexes used in saber combat. Deal with it. Force attacks and saber combat are two different things.

Nope. It doesn't work like that. The only thing that works like you are saying is a protego shield charm. Now, IF Snape used a protego in the vid, then the sectumsempra that Harry had cast would bounce right back at him and he would have been sliced to ribbons.

But that's not the case. Snape returned a spell of his own that was not sectumsempra.

FF to :17. Bellatrix's non verbal spell hits Harry almost in an instant.

FF to :43....Harry casts sectumsempra. Snape, back turned to him, turns and blocks it, and sends a spell of his own in return. When the spell hits Harry, the timer is still on :43.

-GK7JnKelJA

yes

Never stated/implied in the movies, babe.

Yes, it is. FF to 1:04

Mo-U5iOinM8

FF to :57

Aoh2UR7k3DM

FF to :15, watch how fast Bellatrix takes off:

BuLP7rG-EzI

INSTANTANEOUS, faster than any force attack ever seen.

Not if they are HALF apparating.

Moot point, Snape hits Sidious faster with a non verbal spell, then moves in for the kill.

What I just said, above.

Nah, force lightning is not instant, apparition is. Plus Snape hits Sidious with a non verbal spell first. Cuz he's faster.

Fail. Both were less than a second. Avada kedavra is just the death blow, Snape has much faster spells to work with. big grin

Here's the HIGH END feat of avada kedavra, used by a wizard less powerful than Snape, FF to 1:25

BuLP7rG-EzI

Rogue Jedi
Slow. Nah, it's as fast as any force attack we ever see in ROTS.

Again, just as fast as any force attack Sidious uses.

Cast by an a half trained 4th year. Snape's will be way faster and more powerful.

Never shown in ROTS.

Already proven that it is yes

Nah, Snape casts magical spells faster.

I have proven this.

You need to accept this.

Sadako of Girth
Beginning of the fight or a couple seconds after, wizard will ride the lightning,

Sad but true. The Battery will leave them Blackened....there wil be Justice for all.

Sadako of Girth
Slow.

Faster, but trumped by the two other examples of it being slow.

Muuuch slower than a blaster bolt. Fail.

Well then Palpatine traps his smokey ass in a Force bubble and dodges death spells all day long.

Not to mention IT ISN'T INTANGIBLE.

k-xPSxMA580&feature=related

Palpatine attacks with Force Lightning in under a second then throws Mace about a hundred feet away without moving a muscle whilst still electricuting him.

Yeaaaaaaaah, babayyy...!

(Not to mention that none of RJ's vids showed ANY force user succumbing to magic.)

Rogue Jedi
Sad but true. The Battery will leave them Blackened....there wil be Justice for all. Not if Snape......say it with me.......apparaaaaaaaaaaaates.

Or casts a spell faster, because wizards cast spells faster than force users cast force attacks. That's not an opinion, BTW, it's fact.

Rogue Jedi
Yeaaaaaaaah, babayyy...!

(Not to mention that none of RJ's vids showed ANY force user succumbing to magic.)

Force powers work just fine on wizards, magical powers wok just fine on force users. Don't be a douche.

the ninjak
Voldemort didn't respond to well to electricity in the new movie.

Nephthys
Not if Snape......say it with me.......apparaaaaaaaaaaaates.

Or casts a spell faster, because wizards cast spells faster than force users cast force attacks. That's not an opinion, BTW, it's fact.

They can't apparate whilst being hit with Force Lightning. Apparition requires effort and concentration, which they won't be able to muster while sucking on half a million volts.

It really, really isn't.

Rogue Jedi
They can't apparate whilst being hit with Force Lightning. Apparition requires effort and concentration, which they won't be able to muster while sucking on half a million volts.

It really, really isn't. Force lightning is not instant, not even close, apparition is. Never, not once, was Sidious shown tracking and using force lightning on a target who was flying around like a TIE fighter.

Sadako of Girth
Force powers work just fine on wizards, magical powers wok just fine on force users. Don't be a douche.

Im not being a douche.
Its just that we know how the science of the force works.
We know that the force users tap into the universe at a sub atomic level with help of their natural midichlorianic interfaces.
So its gonna be reliable in the confrontation.

But since you don't know how the science of the Wizard books works, you can't really predict what its effect on a force user might be....and you certainly couldn't confidently assert a HP victory on that basis.

Sadako of Girth
Force lightning is not instant, not even close, apparition is. Never, not once, was Sidious shown tracking and using force lightning on a target who was flying around like a TIE fighter.

With Precog he'd simply shoot ahead of target, knowing where the target would be every step of the way.

Like dogfighters....you dont shoot at the target, because by the time your round reaches the postion of the target, that position is vacated.
So you shoot ahead of them, at the future flight path.

And if the wizard should pussy out by running away to remote locations, Palps sees him with remote viewing, and orders an aerial bombardment of that area.

Nephthys
Force lightning is not instant, not even close, apparition is. Never, not once, was Sidious shown tracking and using force lightning on a target who was flying around like a TIE fighter.

Snape's never done half-apparition either. And yet you give it to him under the claim that since his underlings can do it then so can he. Anakin can track a speeder going hundreds of miles an hour in rush-hour when he's nowhere actually near the thing with such precision that he can leap off his own speder and land on it. Just as Qui-Gon and Kenobi showed Force speed able to keep up half-apparition/apparition. Since Sidious is so much more powerful and skilled than all three of them, probably put together, that its absurb, he can, by your own logic, do just that.

QED.

Rogue Jedi
Snape's never done half-apparition either. And yet you give it to him under the claim that since his underlings can do it then so can he. Anakin can track a speeder going hundreds of miles an hour in rush-hour when he's nowhere actually near the thing with such precision that he can leap off his own speder and land on it. Just as Qui-Gon and Kenobi showed Force speed able to keep up half-apparition/apparition. Since Sidious is so much more powerful and skilled than all three of them, probably put together, that its absurb, he can, by your own logic, do just that.

QED.

See, what we have here is this: "Mace Windu cant use force push because he was never shown using it, even though weaker Jedi were shown using it." What you are doing is taking a Sidious screen feat and amping it x50. It's like saying "Swagger made a mile long shot, he can make 20 mile long shots."

Snape can surely half apparate, don't be silly.

Force lightning takes a while to kill. Wizards have one hit instant death spells. Not to mention non verbal spells. Not to mention Snape casts magical spells faster than Sidious casts force lightning.

Rogue Jedi
With Precog he'd simply shoot ahead of target, knowing where the target would be every step of the way.

Like dogfighters....you dont shoot at the target, because by the time your round reaches the postion of the target, that position is vacated.
So you shoot ahead of them, at the future flight path.

And if the wizard should pussy out by running away to remote locations, Palps sees him with remote viewing, and orders an aerial bombardment of that area.

Ahhahha no. He'll never get the force lightning off against Snape, dude. Snape is faster.

Aerial bombardment? Oh my..............Someones reaching.

Nephthys
No force user, not ever, is shown using a force attack with the same reflexes used in saber combat. Deal with it. Force attacks and saber combat are two different things.

A-are you serious?

no expression

I just posted the ****ing video's. They're right there on page 4, right at the top of the page. Your post is basically 'Nuh uh!' Guess what: that isn't good enough.

Guess what else: You don't decide on what's on screen. Just saying 'nuh uh, that isn't how it works'.....isn't how it works. You actually have to debate.

If there was ony one spell to counter attacks, Protego, then why does Snape's wand glow when he blocks the first attack, but not the second?

Hint: You're wrong, as usual

no

It's about half a second. Jedi can dodge faster than that.

Nooooo, Harry starts to cast Sectumsempra at the beginning of :42, by screaming out the word and immediately alerting Snape to what he's doing, Snape starts to turn right before Harry finishes (right before :43), Harry finishes right after :43, and causes harry's magic to backlash onto him right before :44.

Its never stated or impled that Avada Kedavra attacks the soul either, but we know it does. And yes it is. In ESB, Vader reacts with surprise when Luke hits him on the arm. Since he has precog, the only way he'd be surprised is if Luke was actively blunting his precog. Mace and Yoda also say that their ability to use and see through the Force has been diminished, as a direct result of Sidious. He's clouding their vision on a galactic scale rather than a one-on-one scale however.

No, it isn't. smile

In fact, you can still see their masks after they've transformed. So either the transformation takes some time, or their still in there. I'm inclined towards the latter seeing as they still have mass enough to buffet the kids at the end of OotP, which they wouldn't have if they were complete smoke.

You can still see the trainstation background as they apparate for about 2 secnds as they spin. Not instant.

Fail. It takes her a complete second (literally, I mean its exact. wtf?) to transform and take off.

No.

Uh, yeah. Even then lol.

Oh I like this game, let me try. Sidious hits Snape with some lightning and then moves in for the kill. See, I can do scenario's too. smile

No it isn't.

No he isn't.

They really weren't. erm

Maybe you should get your eyes checked because they really, really weren't. Wait, you've remembered to take off you fanboy googles right?

Sure thing pumpkin. Whatever you say. wink

Two instances > one. Thats how continuity works.

Nah, it's as fast as any force attack we ever see in ROTS.

Nu-uh!!!!!!11

Nu-uh!!!! x 2 Combo!

Spells don' get faster the more powerful a wizard who casts them. Prove that shit.

He holds the Senate pod. He can hold Snape, being lighter with less effort and distribution of wieght.

No you Really. Really. Really havn't. I've shown you video proof that it isn't intangible. You just went 'Nooooo!' and carried on claiming it was.

LOOK. AGAIN.

KhePayXx-zg&feature=related

At :38 you can actually see Ginny get buffeted around and struggle to maintain balance. You can actually see her flail her arms around for balance. If they really are intangible then she's just decided to do a little happy dance for no reason. Do you really think she decided to do a little happy dance in the middle of an attack for no reason?

No he doesn't.

No you havn't.

You need to accept that.

Sadako of Girth
Ahhahha no. He'll never get the force lightning off against Snape, dude. Snape is faster.

Did you miss the second paragraph...? Yup, judging by this post, I think ya did.

Nephthys
See, what we have here is this: "Mace Windu cant use force push because he was never shown using it, even though weaker Jedi were shown using it." What you are doing is taking a Sidious screen feat and amping it x50. It's like saying "Swagger made a mile long shot, he can make 20 mile long shots."

OMG, the utter hypocracy. Jus....just ****.

You're done now. Go away.

(btw I'm not even a little multiplying the feat. Its well within reason that he can do it. Its the exact same case. If you don't decide to count your losses like any sensible person would in your position, kindly explain how what I'm saying (Sidious will be able to track a half-apparating wizard with the force, as well as utilise force speed) is even a little illogical)

Nephthys

He was speaking metaphorically dolt.

Rogue Jedi
Did you miss the second paragraph...? Yup, judging by this post, I think ya did. Nah, I read it, it didn't deserve a response. Sidious hits mofo's right in front of him, while standing still, that is the extent of his powers. He's not some sniper with it.

Besides, while he is trying and failing to track them, they hit him with a death spell.

Sadako of Girth
"It didnt deserve a response."

LOL

How convenient. (as it spelt utter disaster for ol' Snapey.)

Rogue Jedi
A-are you serious?

no expression

I just posted the ****ing video's. They're right there on page 4, right at the top of the page. Your post is basically 'Nuh uh!' Guess what: that isn't good enough. haermm I already buried you on this, read my response on it.

If there was ony one spell to counter attacks, Protego, then why does Snape's wand glow when he blocks the first attack, but not the second?

Hint: You're wrong, as usual There is more than one way to counter a spell. Protego is one of them. A simple block absorbs ones spells. A protego?

Protego (Shield Charm)

Pronunciation: /proʊˈteɪɡoʊ/ proh-TAY-goh
Description: The Shield Charm causes minor to strong jinxes, curses, and hexes to rebound upon the attacker, or at least prevents them from having their full effect. It can also cause a shield to erupt from the caster's wand.

The second spell cast by Harry, Snape used protego, non verbally, to block Harry's spells. Protego does not always cause the curse to rebound on the caster.

Also, Snape did not rebound Harry's sectumsempra. If he had, Harry would have been sliced to ribbons.

All that matters is what happened AFTER the spell left Harry's wand. It was under a second. Standing there waving your fists in the air does not change that.

Precog was working fine, what was effected was the Jedi ability to see the future.

See DDM's post on this, he summed it up nicely.

I already replied to this. Read back a page or two. I'm not replying to your broken routine after thoroughly pwning your ass.

One second they're there, then BAM they're gone.

Instant.

LOL no it didn't, man. She saw Tonks flying at her, then she was gone, all in an eyeblink. Denying this won't change it.

Uh, yeah.

Uh, no, not even then.

That'd work, but Snape casts spells faster. yes Denying this won't change it.

Yes, it is.

Yes, he is.

Actually, they were. Video evidence>>>>>>>..your opinion.

K, schnookums heartbeat

High end feats, babe.

Yes huh.

K. Instant regen>>>>>>>>>>>TK.

The more powerful the wizard, the more powerful the spell/s. I can't believe I had to tell you that.

Right, and meanhwile Snape spells his ass.

Nah, I explained it quite vividly. Pay attention.

Goes right through Nevilles head and Neville is still standing.

Puffs of smoke, shoot one with a shotgun and see what happens. Nothing.

Yeah I have, totally, this thread is mine. I have raped it like a cheerleader full of rum on prom night.

Rogue Jedi
"It didnt deserve a response."

LOL

How convenient. (as it spelt utter disaster for ol' Snapey.) You got your reply big grin

Sadako of Girth
Smoke has mass.
Anything with mass can be affected with the force.

Game over. smile

Rogue Jedi
Smoke has mass.
Anything with mass can be affected with the force.

Game over. smile Sidious hits mofo's right in front of him, while standing still, that is the extent of his powers. He's not some sniper with it.

Besides, while he is trying and failing to track them, they hit him with a death spell.

Robtard
Sidious hits mofo's right in front of him, while standing still, that is the extent of his powers. He's not some sniper with it.

I do love how you take it upon yourself when to be the strictest with the 'seen on screen' and when not to be. Before this last HP film your precious Snape wasn't teleporting; yet you argued "it's a wizard power; he's a powerful wizard so he can do it"(though in not as good grammar) and you had him turned into Nightcrawler, but not now you're being Captain Stickler and trying to limit Palpatine to max. Zero objectivity, son.

LoLz, dude. LoLz.

Sadako of Girth
Sidious hits mofo's right in front of him, while standing still, that is the extent of his powers. He's not some sniper with it.

He doesn't have to be. Thats his many snipers' jobs.
Same as the chief waiting in orbit with space to surface weaponry and fighters too.

(For when Global obliteration by Death Star might be to much)

Nephthys
haermm I already buried you on this, read my response on it.

Ok.....

Reading......

bVvyN2nwYxU

0.48 and 1.11. Both attacks occur in a matter of milliseconds. Cry moar.

Reading......

Ahahahahaha not milliseconds, not even close. They were right in each others face. Snape? He was at least 10 feet from Harry and was faster. yes

Reading....

You can time that shit bro. From when they pull their hands back to when they unleash the attack it bare milliseconds. Remember, this is about reactions and attack speed, not the speed of the specific attacks (though in this thread Sids has lightning anyway so speed is irrelevent big grin). Snape had the little assistence of Harry screaming out his attack a second before he actually used it. So fail!

Reeeeeaaaaaaddddiiing.....

Snape? Harry cast a spell, Snape turned, blocked, cast a spell in return and it hit Harry. The entire sequence was under a second, and from 100 feet away. When you have something that matches that, let me know. Kthxbai eek!

"Screaming out" an incantation is the same as bringing ones hand back to cast a force attack. Both are warnings. Besides, if a Jedi has battle precog, why were the victims of the force attacks in your vid caught in them? Mwahahahahaha!!!!!!!

*Sigh* Still reading.......

Reading......

I'm still reading.....

A-are you serious?

no expression

I just posted the ****ing video's. They're right there on page 4, right at the top of the page. Your post is basically 'Nuh uh!' Guess what: that isn't good enough.

Done.

So what have we leaned? That you're a complete and utter moron who forgot what the **** we were talking about and focused on how far apart they were rather than ther actual point, which was that Jedi CAN attack with the Force using their hightened reflexes, as per the vieo I posted. To spell it out to you for the third ****ing time, this has nothing to do whith how far apart they were! It doesn't have anything to do with the attack itself or how long it takes to affect their opponent, but its solely about how fast the Jedi/Sith themselves can pull off the attack, by hightening their reflexes. Furthermore, not only have you been being a retard, you've been ****ing laughing in my face the entire ****ing time. Do not do it again. If you disrespect in such a manner one more ****ing time then this conversation is over and I'll be reporting you.

The rest of your 'post' will be dealt with shortly.

Nephthys
There is more than one way to counter a spell. Protego is one of them. A simple block absorbs ones spells. A protego?

The second spell cast by Harry, Snape used protego, non verbally, to block Harry's spells. Protego does not always cause the curse to rebound on the caster.

Also, Snape did not rebound Harry's sectumsempra. If he had, Harry would have been sliced to ribbons.

You have no proof for any of this. Its just you rambling on and generally being fairly dense. What the hell is 'a simple block'? Is Snape a Street Fighter character now? Maybe Harry should try using a downwards A+Sectumsempra combo next time. Or maybe just try button mashing.

'Snape used Protego'

You have absolutely no proof for this. But going by what you yourself posted, you're wrong again. Harry's spell niether rebounds, nor does a shield 'erupt from wand.' There is nothing to suggest Protego whatsoever.

In short: You have no idea what happened.

I'm not waving my fist in the air, I'm trying to keep up with your pisspoor attempts at logic. And it does matter what happened before the spell left Harry's wand because once again, the ****ing argument is about reactions. Snape had from when Harry started screaming out his attack to after the attack left the wand to react to it.

no expression .......

They're...the same thing......

I did. No such reply.

Watch it again

Aoh2UR7k3DM&feature=player_embedded#!

:57 Liar. The whole thing takes about 3 seconds and you can still see the trainstation background the entire time, showing that they have not moved from the spot.

Again, you're lying.

BuLP7rG-EzI&feature=player_embedded

:14 She starts to transform (you can actually see her becoming smoke) from the very start of :14 and she completes it at :15

As I have proven, no.

Becuase Half-apparating has a mystical, totally provable ability to block being sensed with the Force amiright? Fail.

Force Speed and Force relexes make you wrong.

Thats funnah! You're funnah! Watch the ****ing scene again!

uHGp-8m2Ltw&feature=player_embedded

2:48 Pettigrew casts the Death Spell, Harry goes 'Nooo' like a tard and Cedric gets hit right before 2:50. Time that shit.

9:07 Snape casts the Death Spell, it doesn't hit Dumbledore til right before 9:09. Time that shit.

Video Evidence.

boom.

Go sleep on the couch, I'm pissed at you.

2 Instances of it being slow> 1 of it being fast. That's my story and that's what I'm sticking to.

Since this has absolutely nothing to do with the argument or even the repective verses AT ALL then I'm just going to assume that you're either high or insane. Both assumptions explain alot about this post.

Power? Yes. Speed? Prove it.

Prove that Snapes spells can rip through Palpatines TK.

No you havn't. You just say Nevilles head and then repeat.

Actually he stumbles sideway. And only the billowing smoke trail goes through his head, not the actual half-apparated wizard.

And reply to the point about them being buffetted. Explain that shit or drop the point.

Rogue Jedi
He doesn't have to be. Thats his many snipers' jobs.
Same as the chief waiting in orbit with space to surface weaponry and fighters too.

(For when Global obliteration by Death Star might be to much) Mhm, more babble, extra fail on the fail burger.

What I said stands.

I do love how you take it upon yourself when to be the strictest with the 'seen on screen' and when not to be. Before this last HP film your precious Snape wasn't teleporting; yet you argued "it's a wizard power; he's a powerful wizard so he can do it"(though in not as good grammar) and you had him turned into Nightcrawler, but not now you're being Captain Stickler and trying to limit Palpatine to max. Zero objectivity, son.

LoLz, dude. LoLz. Common sense, dude. If a lesser wizard can do it, he can too. You saying Mace can't do force push? Hmm?

Sadako of Girth
Screen feats dude.
What you said stands but is still lame.

You want relish on your McBurger?

Rogue Jedi
Ok..... Ok.

Tower of Piza?

But they didn't, man. I can raise my hand and cast a fake force spell as fast as they did. Jedi uber reflexes is shown in sword combat only.

When it comes to how fast spells travel vs. how fast force attacks travel, it certainly does. In this vid:

-GK7JnKelJA

The spells are flying damn near instant, far faster than any force attack FROM THAT SAME DISTANCE, and far faster than blaster bolts. In your vid, they were in each others grill. Less distance.

And a force user has never, not ever, matched what Snape did in the video above. Nor have they used their uber reflexes casting force powers.

Oh my haermm Truth be told, I'm doing more eye rolling than laughing. Your argument is too sad to laugh at. Report away, I'm doing nothing wrong. YOU'RE the one slinging insults left and right, babe.

No, it won't. It will be replied to, but not dealt with.

Rogue Jedi
Screen feats dude.
What you said stands but is still lame.

You want relish on your McBurger? K, I guess you'll argue that Mace Windu can't do force push then?

Sadako of Girth
Nope. Because Im pretty sure he did so in he did it Attack of the clones.

Rogue Jedi
Nope. Because Im pretty sure he did so in he did it Attack of the clones. I don't recall, but IF he didn't, IF he was never shown using force push, and someone said in a vs. thread that he can't, what would your response be?

Sadako of Girth
"No" under MVF rules.

Nephthys
Oh my haermm Truth be told, I'm doing more eye rolling than laughing. Your argument is too sad to laugh at. Report away, I'm doing nothing wrong. YOU'RE the one slinging insults left and right, babe.

Thats it. We're done here. This is probably the last time we'll ever talk. Good riddence.

Rogue Jedi

You have no proof for any of this. Its just you rambling on and generally being fairly dense. What the hell is 'a simple block'? Is Snape a Street Fighter character now? Maybe Harry should try using a downwards A+Sectumsempra combo next time. Or maybe just try button mashing. A block is what the wizard were woing in the ministry battle:

pZWtt1oAPCM

Doesn't really matter if it was protego or not, what matters is.......see my reply below:

Snape showed reaction time blocking and casting spells that a Jedi/Sith cannot match. In under a second Harry cast a spell at Snape, he turned, blocked, cast a spell, and it hit Harry.

What matters is what happened from the spell actually leaving Harry's wand onward.

No, they're not. See DDM's post on this.

Then you have the attention span of a testicle.

3 seconds my ass haermm

No, it's instant. You really think by denying this, by altering the timeline to suit your argument, that it will work out for you?

See what I said above. It's instant.

No, because they'll be moving too damn fast. AND they will be smoke.

apparition>>>>>>force speed.

force reflexes are only shown in saber combat.

Fact.

lol it shows Cedric on the ground, he plainly gets hit before that, Fail.

And Bellatrix's hit Sirius almost instant.

Funny, you're all hung up on avada kedavra. Avada kedavra will be the killing blow. The spells in the vid? Bullet time fast.

Aw.

Mhm, it certainly is a story.

Just returning the favor, babe.

Watch the vid I posted.

Oh my, you went there.......

Prove Sidious can tear through a protego.
Prove Sidious can keep Snape from mind ****ing him.
Prove the force can block magic.

You really wanna go with this?

Because that's what happened.

And if the wizard was tangible, Neville would have been knocked down.

Did. Pay attention.

Rogue Jedi
Thats it. We're done here. This is probably the last time we'll ever talk. Good riddence. Buh bye.

Rogue Jedi
"No" under MVF rules. Rules that allow for common sense and logic. McClane would kick ass with a shotgun, Blade is lethal with a bowie knife, Bob Swagger kicks ass with an AK......with me?

Sadako of Girth
A character should not allowed to have assumed feats in excess of their seen-on-screen ones..

But feats below that tier are acceptable. IE:

Which are within McClaneian capability range?

A) Wrecking buildings, highways, Jets, Helicopters, ludicrous luck and escapism feats, blowing up 747s, defeating terrorists, miltary, mercs, etc etc

B) Flying to Warp 8 propelled by only his anal gasses, to Pluto and back in under 7 seconds, whilst solving where Shergar is, solving the Kennedy assassination and commissioning a new series of "Married with children", saving the world by bringing the benevolent wisdom of Al Bundy back to the masses.

C) Washing his car (A basic feat that is known to be within his capability like that shouldn't be denied be cause it didn't take place on screen.)

A is obvious and undisputed.
It would be ludicrous to accept B.
It would be ludicrous not to accept C, if you accept A.

Pretty easy to see when looking at it like that, huh?

Rogue Jedi
Good post. But McClane was never shown using a shotgun, so he can never use one in a versus thread.

dadudemon
Good post. But McClane was never shown using a shotgun, so he can never use one in a versus thread.

I disagree.

I've never fired a deer slug from a shotgun and I guarentee I could kill batman with a deer slug, first attempt. smile

Rogue Jedi
I disagree.

I've never fired a deer slug from a shotgun and I guarentee I could kill batman with a deer slug, first attempt. smile Not with your high end screen feats.

Sadako of Girth

See answer C.

Rogue Jedi
Did. So I guess Snape, more powerful than Bellatrix, Fenrir and Crabbe, can use fiendfyre then.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Sadako of Girth
Is it a spell he'd choose to use though...?
Thats the differing thing..

Thats whats different from natural everyday ability.

John McClane for example if probably very capable of pressing a button and detonating nukes that would destroy everything in a city.

But we have to temper that with "Don't be silly, McClane wouldn't do that to a whole populous" and other bits of common sense.

In your Snape argument, I would say (To make it a fairer comparison to what you're saying) that if Snape can run, fight, do stuff, that he might be able to say turn on a light switch.

Rogue Jedi
Why wouldn't he choose to do it? Oh yeah, because he'd kill Sidious and you don't like it.

Bong.

Sadako of Girth
Ummmmm no.

I think Im not a factor in the scenario.

Rogue Jedi
Too late. Snape can use fiendfyre.

Sadako of Girth
He can DREAM of using Fiendfyre as he burns with force lightning. wink

Rogue Jedi
Nah, he's faster, I've proven it.

Sadako of Girth
Nah ya didn't. Precog will take care of whatever you suggest Snape do.

Cause literally WHATEVER Snape does will be countered before Snape even manages to do it.

Rogue Jedi
Uh, yeah, I did.

Sadako of Girth
Didn't. smile

Rogue Jedi
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah DDM and I both did. Wishing it not true aint gonna change it.

Sadako of Girth
Nah. You're wrong. Very wrong.

And wishing that was untrue isn't gonna change it. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
:43

-GK7JnKelJA

In less than one second, the following happens:

1. Harry casts a spell at Snape.

2. Snape turns and blocks said spell.

3. In the same motion, Snape returns a spell of is own.

4, Harry is hit by Snape's spell.

All in under one second. No force user ever did anything like that in under one second. Never.

Once again, there's your proof.

Sadako of Girth
Doesn't matter. Palpatine will have seen the danger coming and avoided it countering with deadly force.

Pre-cog, baby.

Rogue Jedi
Once again, 3...2.....1.....GO.

Neither may attack until GO.

Snape gets his spell off faster.

Simple.

Sadako of Girth
Once again.

Palpatine will already know whatever Snape is planning to do and will counter him perfectly at 3.

Rogue Jedi
With what? Snape casts spells faster, his spells travel faster, counter how?

Sadako of Girth
By not being there and ensuring that where Snape is rigged with force cages, and rigged with high energy explosives.

If you thought that the Darkside played a fair game, I think you confuse them with Jedi.

Rogue Jedi
Oh my, reaching, are we? OK, Snape transfigures into McClane and pwns the universe.

Sadako of Girth
Nope.

And he cant do that, being dead.

Rogue Jedi
Ah, I see. I see what you're doing.

Rogue Jedi
Once again.

Palpatine will already know whatever Snape is planning to do and will counter him perfectly at 3.

The same way Sidious knew what Yoda was gonna do at 1:41?

The same way Yoda knew what Sidious was gonna do at :34?

MFEjcvIRMDo

Yeah, thought so. Add on that Snape can cast spells even faster, and that his spells travel faster, and, well..........Yeah.......

Robtard
The same way Sidious knew what Yoda was gonna do at 1:41?

The same way Yoda knew what Sidious was gonna do at :34?

Cos they both have similar powers, son. Precog Vs Precog, kinda a cancel out.

Rogue Jedi
Cos they both have similar powers, son. Precog Vs Precog, kinda a cancel out. Never said/stated/implied in the movies. Try again. I could name many more, mind you.

Robtard
Never said/stated/implied in the movies. Try again. I could name many more, mind you.

LoL, so now you're back to this tactic, even though previously you argued that Snape could do spells he never cast (before this last film hit youtube/came out) on the grounds that 'he's a powerful wizard." Fail, dude, just fail.

Force-precog is a standard Jedi/Sith ability. So try another gimp, this one won't hunt.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>