Great rebuttal against vegetarian

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JacopeX
My dearest vegetarians and those who don't enjoy the savory tastes of meat. I, JacopeX, have found a counter argument to any statement you may spew from your meat hating mouth.

A very through presentation

That ACDC Chick
img05

Dave_97
man, i should've used that debate when i was dating a vegetarian.

Paul79UF
Originally posted by Dave_97
man, i should've used that debate when i was dating a vegetarian.

LOL, or just mix in a tiny bit of bacon (that you made earlier in the day) into her salad.

Then she'll see how silly she was for not enjoying a life with bacon!

King Castle
how did you do that?

dadudemon
Well, there was a long term study done on low-carb (lots of meat) diets.

It was 26 years long, lead by Teresa Fung. It found that the "all-death" risk increased by 23%, death from Cardiovascular related deaths by 14%, and cancer deaths by 28%.

Contrasting that, those following vegetable-based diets showed a 20% decrease in all-deaths and 27% fewer from cardiovascular disease.

Before anyone balks at this study, if followed 121,000 females and 51,000 males.

Full disclosure:

"Limitations: Diet and lifestyle characteristics were assessed with some degree of error. Sensitivity analyses indicated that results were probably not substantively affected by residual confounding or an unmeasured confounder. Participants were not a representative sample of the U.S. population."

http://www.annals.org/content/153/5/289.abstract

Now, this does not mean that vegetarians are right, it only means that the average american, when following a diet that emphasizes animal fats and protiens as the primary source for those, is less healthy for you. If the average american worked out 4-6 days a week, vigorously, which included resistance training (weight lifting) AND cardio, you would see an improvement AS LONG AS all nutrional needs were met, which includes fiber and other nutrients from veggies.

A high protein and fat diet is obviously bad for you.

Animal meat IS good for you and your body does work best off of food that matches animal nutrional profiles (because, get this, we evolved off of mostly animal meat, some berries, and nuts.) but it needs the exercise with it, too.

Eat up your meat...but eat your veggies, too. That's not all: work out, as well.

Does those, and you'll be at the best health point as possible.

Rogue Jedi
Life is short, I say eat red meat, enjoy it.

Kharhmah
Originally posted by JacopeX
My dearest vegetarians and those who don't enjoy the savory tastes of meat. I, JacopeX, have found a counter argument to any statement you may spew from your meat hating mouth.

A very through presentation
sick

JacopeX
Originally posted by dadudemon
Eat up your meat...but eat your veggies, too. That's not all: work out, as well. Once again, some wise words from a nutritionist. stick out tongue

Bardock42
lol, not bad Jacope.

There are however good reasons beside health benefits and emotional ideals for a diet low in meat.

Peach
Originally posted by Paul79UF
LOL, or just mix in a tiny bit of bacon (that you made earlier in the day) into her salad.

Then she'll see how silly she was for not enjoying a life with bacon!

Awesome! And then you can get her sick because her body isn't used to digesting meat!

ermm

Rogue Jedi
Screw being vegetarian. I'd rather eat meat and be happy.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Peach
Awesome! And then you can get her sick because her body isn't used to digesting meat!

ermm

lol

This.

Once again, some wise words from a nutritionist. stick out tongue

laughing

Just noticed how absurdly simple those words were.

Rogue Jedi
I just had a killer ham samwich and a side of cheetohs.

Suck on that.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Screw being vegetarian. I'd rather eat meat and be happy.

One can be happy and a vegetarian. So if you are saying you'd rather be happy and eat meat than be a vegetarian and sad than that's fair enough though I don't think eating meat or not eating meat is important to state in that case. On the other hand if you are saying you'd rather eat meat and be happy than be a vegetarian and be happy then that would need elaboration, it just seems to be your initial stance restated. Alternatively you may mean that you personally could not be happy if you were not to eat meat, but that's not easily clear from what you said. In conclusion I think you should be more precise in your postings in the future.

Peach
Or, hell, people can just not eat certain types of meat and be happy. I'm not a vegetarian, but I won't eat red meat - it tastes disgusting to me. I only eat poultry and pork.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
One can be happy and a vegetarian. So if you are saying you'd rather be happy and eat meat than be a vegetarian and sad than that's fair enough though I don't think eating meat or not eating meat is important to state in that case. On the other hand if you are saying you'd rather eat meat and be happy than be a vegetarian and be happy then that would need elaboration, it just seems to be your initial stance restated. Alternatively you may mean that you personally could not be happy if you were not to eat meat, but that's not easily clear from what you said. In conclusion I think you should be more precise in your postings in the future. Jesus, did you think I was actually bashing on vegetarians?

Bardock42
Jesus, did you think I was actually bashing on vegetarians?
Well, you obviously tried to. But not so much with this post. For what I actually meant may I refer you to what I said in my quote.

Rogue Jedi
Well, you obviously tried to. But not so much with this post. For what I actually meant may I refer you to what I said in my quote. OK then. Just saying, if someone tries to get me to vegetarian, "screw that" is my personal take on it.

Bardock42
OK then. Just saying, if someone tries to get me to vegetarian, "screw that" is my personal take on it.

Why?

King Kandy
Or, hell, people can just not eat certain types of meat and be happy. I'm not a vegetarian, but I won't eat red meat - it tastes disgusting to me. I only eat poultry and pork.
Good for you.

On a related topic, whenever someone describes themselves as being "vegetarian except for fish", my brain dies a little.

Rogue Jedi
Why? Probably because I have spent my life eating meat. My whole family has. I can't imagine doing without it. And personally, I think the human body needs it, as long as it is done proportionally.

If my family or I had any health issues from eating meat, I would probably be a nit more cautious, but that's not the case. I guess I'm lucky that way.

Truth be told, I don't eat as much red meat now as I did coming up. But I still love it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by King Kandy
Good for you.

On a related topic, whenever someone describes themselves as being "vegetarian except for fish", my brain dies a little. I know, right? If someone is gonna be vegetarian, go all the way, eat nothing but vegetarian food. But then again I know shit about vegetarianism. Shutting up about it now.

Bardock42
And personally, I think the human body needs it, as long as it is done proportionally.

That seems like a things that's not down to personal belief.

Not that I'm trying to knock you, I too eat meat after all.

I am trying to eat it in moderation though, but then of better quality if possible. For health, taste, and empathic reasons.

Peach
Good for you.

On a related topic, whenever someone describes themselves as being "vegetarian except for fish", my brain dies a little.

Well, most people don't understand what 'pescetarianism' means.

(which is basically just that - excluding all meat except for fish)

Liberator
mmm lookit those glistening lines of fat....

Rogue Jedi
That seems like a things that's not down to personal belief.

Not that I'm trying to knock you, I too eat meat after all.

I am trying to eat it in moderation though, but then of better quality if possible. For health, taste, and empathic reasons. When I was growing up, it was red meat 5-6 nights a week. It was awesome.

Digi
I enjoy ruining peoples' conceptions about vegetarians when they find out that I'm one, and that I also believe we should be able to slaughter animals to serve our pleasures as much as we want.

Meat is delicious. So is a lot of the stuff I eat now that I'm a vegetarian that I didn't eat before. But I'm healthier and happier on the whole, so it's a net gain. But to the people who think we're all a bunch of animal-hugging, no-shower-taking, hippie bastards: f*** that s***!! Eat your cow and enjoy it!

Rogue Jedi
I remember once I was dating a chick who's mother was a full blown vegan. My GF and I had went to subway and were eating our food in their kitchen, and her mother walked in. Here's what was said:

Mom: "Hi, John. What are you eating?"

Me: "Meatball on white."

Mom: "You're eating flesh.

Me: "Nom."

dadudemon
Well, most people don't understand what 'pescetarianism' means.

(which is basically just that - excluding all meat except for fish)

Another "ditto". It's far easier to say "vegetarian except for fish" than to say "pescetarianism."

However, it is even better to say, "I'm a pescetarianism which means I'm a vegetarian except for fish. smile " The "ignorant" learn something new, that way.

It's a good diet, as well.

Originally posted by Digi
I enjoy ruining peoples' conceptions about vegetarians when they find out that I'm one, and that I also believe we should be able to slaughter animals to serve our pleasures as much as we want.

Meat is delicious. So is a lot of the stuff I eat now that I'm a vegetarian that I didn't eat before. But I'm healthier and happier on the whole, so it's a net gain. But to the people who think we're all a bunch of animal-hugging, no-shower-taking, hippie bastards: f*** that s***!! Eat your cow and enjoy it!

1. I love that attitude. (Seriously. It's the same attitude that I love about fat people that do not make apologies about being fat: "I'm fat and I do not give a flying ****." Contrast that with the fat person that says, "I'm trying to lose weight. *takes a bite of another burger.*"

2. You are a vegetarian for health reasons, only? You still acknowledge how delicious meats are? That seems more like torture than it does "being healthy." It's still possible to be uber healthy that way as I am aware of vegetarian natural body builders.

JacopeX
This pretty much sums up what I believe...

Especially at 0:15

sPslvHA_FWg

dadudemon
This pretty much sums up what I believe...

Especially at 0:15

sPslvHA_FWg

Makes sense.

And he's right about the "moderation" portion too.

dadudemon
Note - Vegetarian diets have been proven healthier, but that is very misleading.

What the REAL reasons behind the "healthier" vegetarians and vegans are: They care waaaaaay more about what they eat, on average, than what the normal person does. Compare the average vegetarian to the average person that cares as much about what food they eat as the vegetarian and you will see that they are similarly healthy with the "meat eater" having better testosterone levels (and other good hormones, as well).

What's important is not whether your nutrition came from an animal, but if the nutrition is part of an excellent diet and is prepared properly.

My favorite kind of vegetarian is the vegetarian that still eats dairy products and eggs. I say that those people have the best scientific leg to stand on, when it comes to their food. All the ones I've met, like that, also seem to be a whole head and shoulders above the rest of the vegetarians/vegans out there, when it comes to brains (Case in point, Digi.)

Bardock42
when it comes to brains

I agree, people should eat brain more, it's delicious and good for you.

JacopeX
Well if I ever considered a diet, i'd cut down carbs/starches completely. I don't know if I have to eat more or less meat. Is the amount of meat that I regularly eat healthy? I don't know. I check into that myself.

But until then...*wraps handkerchief around neck* I'm gonna enjoy some thanksgiving turkey. XD

Phoenix3068
An easy way to get someone to swear off meat: Offer them Tongue.

That did it to me for 3 years, then again some people like tongue.

JacopeX
I love cow's tongue!

Especially in a burrito. ^_^

Peach
Another "ditto". It's far easier to say "vegetarian except for fish" than to say "pescetarianism."

However, it is even better to say, "I'm a pescetarianism which means I'm a vegetarian except for fish. smile " The "ignorant" learn something new, that way.

It's a good diet, as well.

That's my sister's diet; she probably hasn't eaten any meat that's not fish since she was 13 or so. But she's also discovered that people just 1) don't understand what pescetarianism is and 2) think that, well, if she eats fish, then why won't she eat any other meat? So she mostly just says she's a vegetarian and leaves it at that.

People can really be nosy assholes about what other people eat, as if it's any of their business.

I personally do not get the popularity of low-carb diets. The human body is wired to run on carbs. I remember in one of my bio courses talking about how those diets can seriously mess up your body, and then the moment you stop all of the weight you lost will just balloon back.

Also, eating too little is just as bad as eating too much. Which a lot of people don't seem to understand.

(though, DDM, I don't really like your burger examples. They're not inherently an unhealthy food. And personally, while I don't like red meat, I'm anemic but can't take iron pills because they make me horribly sick. When I get overly tired and sluggish because my iron levels have dropped too low my brain starts going "CHEESEBURGER" stick out tongue)

mikeydude
That's my sister's diet; she probably hasn't eaten any meat that's not fish since she was 13 or so. But she's also discovered that people just 1) don't understand what pescetarianism is and 2) think that, well, if she eats fish, then why won't she eat any other meat? So she mostly just says she's a vegetarian and leaves it at that.

People can really be nosy assholes about what other people eat, as if it's any of their business.

I personally do not get the popularity of low-carb diets. The human body is wired to run on carbs. I remember in one of my bio courses talking about how those diets can seriously mess up your body, and then the moment you stop all of the weight you lost will just balloon back.

Also, eating too little is just as bad as eating too much. Which a lot of people don't seem to understand.

(though, DDM, I don't really like your burger examples. They're not inherently an unhealthy food. And personally, while I don't like red meat, I'm anemic but can't take iron pills because they make me horribly sick. When I get overly tired and sluggish because my iron levels have dropped too low my brain starts going "CHEESEBURGER" stick out tongue)
Get Iron injections, my aunt has to because she had the gastric bypass surgery and the part of her stomach that absorbs iron is now gone thanks to surgens who do not know what they are doing.

If she doesnt get the injection she becomes weak, and gets sick very easily.

Peach
Originally posted by mikeydude
Get Iron injections, my aunt has to because she had the gastric bypass surgery and the part of her stomach that absorbs iron is now gone thanks to surgens who do not know what they are doing.

If she doesnt get the injection she becomes weak, and gets sick very easily.

Not an option for me. I'm phobic of needles/injections to the point of panic attacks.

I keep control of it okay so long as I keep track of what I eat; it's when I slip up that my brain starts going haywire and demanding cheeseburgers rightdamnnow. Thankfully, I love liverwurst, which has tons of iron in it.

mikeydude
blink
You would be dead if you're only means of survival is to inject yourself with an antidote for a Highly contagious virus.

Just saying. no expression

Peach
Good thing that's not the case then, right?

If it's something where there's absolutely no other way of dealing with it, then I'll deal with it somehow. This isn't something like that at all, though.

It's not like it's even an uncommon phobia or anything ermm

Robtard
Good for you.

You'll like this one then, was at a party and this guy said he was a "cheating vegetarian", he won't buy meat to eat but if someone offers him meat, he'll eat it.

mikeydude
Good thing that's not the case then, right?

If it's something where there's absolutely no other way of dealing with it, then I'll deal with it somehow. This isn't something like that at all, though.

It's not like it's even an uncommon phobia or anything ermm
Well, im not sure if it is, I personally dont like it when someone tries to get a IV in me because my veins dont show, so they "go fishing" under my skin, it really pisses me off, the last time that someone did that. I kicked them in the face.
I dont mind shots, they just have to do it right.

Phoenix3068
Reason I hate shots: I have the luck of getting doctor's with low self esteem.

Nurse: *sticks a needle in her arm* oops.
Me: O_O WHAT!?

dadudemon

You're right on all accounts. It's just too damn difficult to explain to the ignorant some of the more "lengthy name" diets.

Also, yeah, I did not have a plain jane burger in mind. (Like a 97% lean meat burger made with "all natural" beef on a whole grain all natural bun. Or turkey/ostrich meat burger. lol!) I was thinking more of this:

http://www.dietsinreview.com/images/cache/402x300_red-robin-wise-guy-burger.jpg

BTW, that burger is DELICIOUS! laughing

Edit - Aw. sad It's a shame my buddy JacopeX was banned. He should have played more nicely. RIP, man.

Double Edit -

blink
You would be dead if you're only means of survival is to inject yourself with an antidote for a Highly contagious virus.

Just saying. no expression

Here's her loophole: she can be "gased" so that she passes out. Example: "halothane". That can be put into an a emergency kit, to boot. hehehehe

If she's out, she doesn't see the needle. smile

RE: Blaxican
I eat lots of of meat, and I'm a fat **** with health problems.

I guess that could be attributed to being black though.

This isn't in relation to anything that's been said in here.

mikeydude
You're right on all accounts. It's just too damn difficult to explain to the ignorant some of the more "lengthy name" diets.

Also, yeah, I did not have a plain jane burger in mind. (Like a 97% lean meat burger made with "all natural" beef on a whole grain all natural bun. Or turkey/ostrich meat burger. lol!) I was thinking more of this:

http://www.dietsinreview.com/images/cache/402x300_red-robin-wise-guy-burger.jpg

Edit - Aw. sad It's a shame my buddy JacopeX was banned. He should have played more nicely. RIP, man.

Double Edit -

Here's her loophole: she can be "gased" so that she passes out. Example: "halothane". That can be put into an a emergency kit, to boot. hehehehe

If she's out, she doesn't see the needle. smile
You think people are gonna waste time, and valuable meds on that?
I wouldnt.. No offence.

Peach
Well...yeah, doctors and hospitals do. It's not considered a waste at all. When I broke my finger a few years ago badly enough to need surgery, they gave me a tranquilizer so that I was too out of it and loopy to realize that they were stabbing my hand with a giant needle for the anesthetic shot. Because the day before when I was in the ER getting x-rays and stitches, I freaked the **** out when they went to give me an anesthetic shot.

mikeydude
In an Epidemic, you would have no choice but to take it like a man, just saying.

dadudemon
In an Epidemic, you would have no choice but to take it like a man, just saying.

But she's a girl?

I look at it this way: girls can be wussies about some things if dudes can fart in public. I think it's a fair trade in the game of "Battle of the Sexes."

hmm

Robtard

That burger looks like a colon-wrecker.

WTF, Jacope's gone now!? That's it, I'm outta here too.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
That burger looks like a colon-wrecker.

WTF, Jacope's gone now!? That's it, I'm outta here too. You'll come back and you'll like it, woman.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.