Stuffed Camel: Fact or Fiction

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
http://mideastfood.about.com/od/middleeasternfood101/f/stuffedcamel.htm

And people think the Turducken is excessive.

Symmetric Chaos
Anything that calls for a whole animal is a joke or prank.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Anything that calls for a whole animal is a joke or prank.
I just went to a pig roast.

Wasn't a joke or a prank. stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Okay let me rephrase. Anything that requires you to stuff one whole animal inside of another should be either a joke or a prank. If it's not there is no hope left.

inimalist

no, I'm pretty sure thats a joke

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Okay let me rephrase. Anything that requires you to stuff one whole animal inside of another should be either a joke or a prank. If it's not there is no hope left.

That style of cooking is not, though I'm not sure who practices it nowadays.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Robtard

So I take it you've never had a turducken? (It's a roasted chicken, stuffed inside a duck, and then into a turkey.) They're popular in the Delta Region (LA, MS and AR). And actually, its not too bad; add a little cajun sauce and a beer to wash it down, and there you go.

inimalist
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
So I take it you've never had a turducken? (It's a roasted chicken, stuffed inside a duck, and then into a turkey.) They're popular in the Delta Region (LA, MS and AR). And actually, its not too bad; add a little cajun sauce and a beer to wash it down, and there you go.

that sounds amazing actually...

Symmetric Chaos

Then there is no hope. All is lost.

hang

GCG
I heard of something similar like turducken with game like quail and pheasnt and I forgot the other one.

Bicnarok

Parmaniac
HyophYBP_w4

This looks disgusting.

Paul79UF

Damn I want that right now.

Hmnm, looks like it's easiest to buy one online than to make it yourself. But I could get a frozen turkey, duck and chicken at the supermarket.

Too bad it sounds like deep frying it is out of the question due to necessity for the large turkey cavity for quick cooking.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by inimalist
that sounds amazing actually...
I've had it. Very rich flavor.

Robtard

Nope.

Rogue Jedi
Nope. I think the beer and sauce must be to nuke the horrid aftertaste.

Omega Vision
Turducken (or at least the Turducken I had) isn't bad, but I prefer having my birds separate.

Bicnarok

Lord Shadow Z

Rogue Jedi
Not even if I were starved.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Not even if I were starved.
What if you were starved, dehydrated, sunburnt, and had sand in your shoes?

You have to get into the mind of the people who created such a monstrosity to understand it.

Rogue Jedi
What if you were starved, dehydrated, sunburnt, and had sand in your shoes?

You have to get into the mind of the people who created such a monstrosity to understand it. Well hell, if I have sand in my shoes.....

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by Paul79UF
Damn I want that right now.

Hmnm, looks like it's easiest to buy one online than to make it yourself. But I could get a frozen turkey, duck and chicken at the supermarket.

Too bad it sounds like deep frying it is out of the question due to necessity for the large turkey cavity for quick cooking.

No, they're slow-roasted over several hours. They're way too dense to deep fry...unless maybe you fried the three birds individually and then stuffed them. That might work.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I think the beer and sauce must be to nuke the horrid aftertaste.

Quite the contrary; it adds to it (and the aftertaste aint too bad). Otherwise it would be like BBQ ribs with no BBQ sauce or basting...it would just be plain meat.

King Castle
wonder if they skin it 1st then bake it...

i am thinkin that they dig a hole and bake it that way..

really curious how they do it and what it taste like..droolio

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Castle
wonder if they skin it 1st then bake it...

i am thinkin that they dig a hole and bake it that way..

really curious how they do it and what it taste like..droolio
Well if its anything like horse....

...actually I can't recall what horse tastes like. It's been ten years. I think it was a pleasant experience though.

Rogue Jedi

Quite the contrary; it adds to it (and the aftertaste aint too bad). Otherwise it would be like BBQ ribs with no BBQ sauce or basting...it would just be plain meat. I'll take your word for it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.