Pyro vs Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
forum rules........

nice one. I'm leaning towards pyro. hope they ressurect him soon, it's been long enough already

Razior
Pyro ofcoures

Juk3n
Spidey beat Firelord, he would thrash this weakling.

Black bolt z
Pyro has fried spider for dinner.

chomperx9
spidey tied up Human torch with his webs. If he can tie up Johnny he can tie up pyro

guy222
spidey

Bentley
Originally posted by chomperx9
spidey tied up Human torch with his webs. If he can tie up Johnny he can tie up pyro

When so? Scans?

Johnny is head and shoulders above Spidey no expression

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Parmaniac

@ Juken
LOL I was going to post this as a joke argument. stick out tongue

@ Bentley
http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5793/webbingfireresistant4sm.th.jpg
*Note: He pulled him down to the ground with it after he tagged him.
Spider-man Fantatsic Four 01

He also countered his fireballs with a webbing baseball bat but I'm too lazy to post the scan.

Plus Spider-man has done overall better against Torch than vice versa sounds funny but it's true.

the ninjak
Ummmm Pyro surrounded himself in a field of fire and Logan still straffed him and punched him out!

Spidey's webs can handle fire and electricity.

Spidey 57/10

Bentley
Originally posted by the ninjak
Ummmm Pyro surrounded himself in a field of fire and Logan still straffed him and punched him out!

Spidey's webs can handle fire and electricity.

Spidey 57/10

Normally I wouldn't buy such simple arguments but Pyro does suck balls.

the ninjak
Pyro is a pathetic attempt at racism against Australians.

Parmaniac
???

laughing

screw you people, pyro is great and he'd stomp SM without PIS

chomperx9
Originally posted by Bentley
When so? Scans?

Johnny is head and shoulders above Spidey no expression Not saying Johnny lost to spidey here cause he was under pyros control flying all over the place and burning up everything and responsible for alot of damages in the area.

now if he was free of pyros control no way spidey could have trapped him but my point is if spideys webs are strong enough to hold HTs flames then pyro should not be a problem at all.

http://s1083.photobucket.com/albums/j384/chomper55/?action=view&current=spidermanvsHT-1.jpg

Parmaniac
IMG]http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j384/chomper55/spidermanvsHT.jpg?t=1290269464 Where's that from?

chomperx9
Where's that from? Marvel adventures spiderman #31

Parmaniac
Marvel adventures spiderman #31 Not canon

chomperx9
Not canon oh and like every other image that gets posted on here is. come on now

Parmaniac
I have no problem with the scan itself but there are other scans that show that his webbing is fire resistant. Check out Spider-man vs. Molten Man, all scans I've posted are canon.

Actually I like the statement that his webbing is "fire resistant" but not "fire proof".

Just wanted to point out that you can't use this as proof for 616 Spider-man.

Kaos sebaceous
this thread is rediculous

Sr J-Bieb
oh and like every other image that gets posted on here is. come on now lol at you still having a problem understanding canon.

King Castle
pyro would win without PIS. 7/10

spidey has no way of taking down his flame constructs and Pyro's Heat shield when "on" can melt bullets before it even reaches him the web would last even less..

ppl are using the times that spiderman is using a special web or when the flame guys are low lvl fire... in a fully powered up form thermostat high on Spidey isnt webbing nor bothering human torch or anyone who can reach a couple 1000*.

yes, human torch would stomp spider-man if he cared to do it.

The MISTER
Originally posted by 753
screw you people, pyro is great and he'd stomp SM without PIS

Yeah right, Spider-man has beaten Blastar and trashed Sentinels he's dodged attacks from the Lightmaster and Doc Ock. Pyro's not even close to Human torch or Ice-man as far as skill level and Spidey's fought them both previously. Electro > Pyro smokin'

King Castle
tell me how did he win those battles?

The MISTER
Originally posted by King Castle
tell me how did he win those battles?

He beat Blastarr while he was wearing the black disguise and had no webbing. The black disguise that glided.

He's beaten Electro before.

He's faced off against Iceman with angel.

He's fought the Human Torch once when they where making a movie together and Mysterio made them fight.

jinzin
Spidey's track record with dealing with fire threats is great. His webbing is apparently always insulated. He can take Pyro. Even without PIS.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by the ninjak
Pyro is a pathetic attempt at racism against Australians. no, that's mel gibson

tideoftime
Unlike with the Firestar thread, I'd go with Spiderman on this one; Pyro can certainly get wins, of course, but his powers don't have the more finessed nature that Firestar's does (not that she always does things in a finessed manner, mind you, just referring to the nature of how her powerset works as opposed to his), and she is more maneuverable than Pyro.

pyro can create and animate huge fire constructs and hit spiderman from all angles, I dont see him isolating himself inside a cocoon of web midbattle.

Originally posted by The MISTER
Yeah right, Spider-man has beaten Blastar and trashed Sentinels he's dodged attacks from the Lightmaster and Doc Ock. Pyro's not even close to Human torch or Ice-man as far as skill level and Spidey's fought them both previously. Electro > Pyro smokin' you forgot firelord there.

SamZED
He's not worth mentioning.

King Castle
i think people are serious underestimating pyro and ppl like electro due to comic setting/pis rather then outright powers and cis..

Pyro uses a flame aura heat shield that immediately melt bullets before reaching his skin but is always absent in his fights with heroes..

the DD fight he wasnt operating at full levels and slowly dying from the legacy virus making him less of a threat..

the time he went to the hospital when he was shot he was surprised, the doctor asked him how did he get shot?

he answered that he keeps a heat shield rapped around him that melts bullets as soon as it makes contact but his powers were acting up and were not reliable explaining how the bullet hit him.

He is not just able to shoot "nova" level blast at his opponents but bring multiple flames constructs to life at once.. in the DD fight he brought 4 of them alive and they have no real substance they cant be punched or smothered by webs lines and globs.

Pyro's flames at full working order are enough to test colossus durability to give him doubt. that alone would incinerate spiderman as soon as contact is made.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10537/264151-122020_medium.JPG

snoopdogg
Pyro was also able to make Iron Man doubt his armor's ability to hold up to his flames.

King Castle
he also fought X-force more recently and they were unable to put him down due to being already dead and a phanlanx type being.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/919768-135_x_force_21_super.jpg

Spidey isnt being protected by Writer armor in a forum fight.. he will have his hands full here.

i'll say pyro 7/10

Bentley
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Pyro was also able to make Iron Man doubt his armor's ability to hold up to his flames.

Such a wussy statement from Tony wink

SamZED
he also fought X-force more recently and they were unable to put him down due to being already dead and a phanlanx type being.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/919768-135_x_force_21_super.jpg

Spidey isnt being protected by Writer armor in a forum fight.. he will have his hands full here.

i'll say pyro 7/10 Bud, while I agree SM will have his hands full here, stop blaming everything he does on "writers protection". He beats Molten Man, Electro and others because he can and not because that's what plot requires. Might as well blame everything Wolverine or Cap do on "character's popularity". Makes as much sense.

King Castle
so you think spidey can legitimately beat electro and his ilk?
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/210892-107502-electro.jpg

the reason Wolverine can fight above guys his weight class and spidey's is high end healing factor something spidey is missing.
http://www.comicvine.com/electro/29-3228/earth-616-electro/108-332/young_allies___firestar___gravity_vs_electro_4/105-1317439/

SamZED
so you think spidey can legitimately beat electro and his ilk?

the reason Wolverine can fight above guys his weight class and spidey's is high end healing factor something spidey is missing.
Got plenty of other abilities to make up for that.
Classic Electro, yes definitely. He can, not a single reason to believe otherwise.
Current Electro he doesnt fight head on because he's too powerful, so SM uses prep. Makes perfect sense to me.

Parmaniac
Wolverine's off panel fight clearly shows he's superior to Electro everything else is writers protection. Ask Count Nefaria.

King Castle
and he has sharp adamantium claws that can cut near anything

Parmaniac
And Electro can fly, has range attacks (the perfect recipe to defeat Wolverine) and can turn into pure electricity.

King Castle
agreed. in a forum fight Wolverine cant beat Electro that's my point.

SamZED
Yeah, current Electro is almost impossible to put down without some serious prep.

SamZED
The thing is, im not entirely sure Logan can beat him in a comicbook either if Electro chooses to keep his distance. SM has webs for that. It was confirmed that Electro was weakened when he faced Logan.

King Castle
even non current electro wa able to go toe to toe with X-man and screw him over with a brain electro seizure something he has never pulled on spiderman and yet he pulled it on X-man who was capable of reviving himself after death through his psi powers and his brain repairing itself.

SamZED
Any chance for scans? Electro has never demonstrated that kind of ability before, not even after his upgrade, so there should be some kind of context or it was a onetime thing to put Max on X-man's level for the fight.

Prep-Man
Spidey.

The MISTER
Another thing is Spider-man doesn't need writer protection to out-maneuver Pyro. He actually uses super-speed all the time to surprise enemies and has survived a point-blank gas explosion while fighting Dr. Doom. Colossus wouldn't even try to dodge flame, he'd just wade into it and so would many other super tough characters. Spider-man has beaten Characters more powerful than him by using a combination of super strength, super speed, spider-sense, webbing skill, spider-reflexes, enhanced agility, and a genius level intellect. That's not considering the years of experience. Put on top that Spider-man isn't PROTECTING his enemy from his power and he could probably kill Pyro in a matter of seconds. A few dodges to close the distance and a webbing covered fist strikes a fatal full-power blow to the head.

King Castle
it was done to show how much of a threat Max was and how spiderman should never have bn a threat if it wasnt for his own Cis/pis... something spidey realized when he was tryin to fight him, he realized he lived so long against Electro never really tried to kill him and was never really mad enough to just do it..

Electro started shooting electricity everywhere causing city wide damage he just didnt care anymore saying he was going to kill spiderman once and for all.. which he would have till X-man showed up to stop him..

spiderman was finally scared of what max really was some one out of his own weight class..

Max fought X-man while Nate was trying to keep the collateral damage to a minimum tryin to calm down Max..

Nate was kinda miffed at parker sense it was kinda his fault running his mouth and goading Max which caused Max to finally lose his temper and not care about harming other ppl and dropping his self imposed limits..

X-man finally told him if he didnt stop he drop him and being partially distracted with the collaterial damage...

Max said something like he can see his brain the electricity and when he uses his powers and that he was faster then Nate...

Nate and Electro raced one another for the instant drop attack which Max won..pretty sure max also asked himself why the f#%$ he never thought about using his powers that way....a jab at PIS of writers..

he flew away... nate was lying on the rubble as his consciousness finally repaired the damage to his brain and revived his body flying out of the rubble pissed that some low end meta in his view could do that to him and blaming himself for being cocky...

he then went after Max kicked his @$$ and i think nate might have screwed max personality through psi manipulation to keep him from being a city lvl threat. iirc..

at the time i think spidey was wearing a make shift rubber suit which look Gay and Nate warned spiderman about his mouth and how he was as much responsible for the damage as max.. he word owned spidey in the story about his irresponsible behavior and tauting of villains

SamZED
Is it even canon? Hey, im all for Electro finally becoming real badass... but...

No offence for the writer but that sounds like something he just came up with out of a blue. Anyone who's read Spider-man/Electro encounters know how many times he tried to actually murder Spider-man. To suggest that he was always holding back for God knows what reason while screaming "die! die! DIEEEEE!!!!".. I find that hard to believe. He was always powerfull enough to shut down the city. But electric bolts were the only offencive attacks he's ever displayed in the past. So if anything it was PIS that he all of a sudden went herald-level. And that never lasted. He's upgraded these days and still didnt demonstrate the ability to shut people's brains off. The day that happens ill be more than just happy to defend him in say Electro vs Hulk thread.

King Castle
yes its canon.. probably when you were no more the 10 yrs old if that.

Electro powers set should be able to kill spiderman it is his CIs and yes writer protection that stops him even when he wants to harm some one..

even guys like magneto have self imposed limits to manage their powers and keep from being consumed by them whether its fear of self mutilation or just fear of not knowing of the consequences...

when Electro 1st came out he should get his but kicked by spidey for a good while but that is b/c of no character development.

as the character's powers grow and knowledge of his enemy one it should start to become more onesided for the character with the most diverse powerset...

you can only beat some one with electro's powers for so long with just physical low end attributes b4 he learns to do something drastic.

Elecro was pretty cool for a while back in the 90's when spidey should no longer bn able to become a threat to him..

irrc a story where he was let out of jail and got a job as a janitor and was not allowed to use his powers... the building was attacked and a small group of ppl were held hostage including a woman and a kid...

a bunch of high tech guys came to steal some stuff or try to take him i cant recall... anyways.. he didnt want to fight till they started harming the ppl... he worriedabout them harming a woman and child. he ran touched an electrical plug powered up brought the @$$ kicking in spades saved everyone.

the hostages being scared blamed him thinking he was part of the goons he was surrounded by cops, he did the right thing and still was screwed by the media.. he got pissed thinking about he could kill everyone... instead he escaped through the powerlines vowing to just be a villain and not try to be a hero..

i remember thinking how the hell does a guy like him lose to spidey he wasnt even at full power and he took down a high tech army that would have murdered spidey, escape cops and shield... this was back in the early mid 90's when certain feats were at a minimum and the norm for spidey was lower then it is now...

but, that's when i realized what writers do when it comes to hero story formula.. they safe the day at the end.

SamZED
So now you blame EVERYTHING on writers protection? Even Molten Man? So what about Logan then? Does he beat 90% of his rogues because of writers armor? Saberooth who is him + more strength/speed? Omega Red who can drain him or use death spores?

Lets say Electro is as powerful as you say, who do you think can beat him? Try making Electro vs Hulk thread or even Electro vs Thing thread and see how it goes. But even if he is a low-herald or something, that only means he's understimated (for good reasons) by some writers, not that Spider-man gets saved by PIS. Sorry but most of the time you simply lowball Parker because he can beat people you dont want him to beat ie Molten Man and others. The sooner you realise he's in the same league as Logan ad Wade the better. Healing factor or no healing factor.

King Castle
sigh..... i dont think Wolverine can beat upgraded ada, sabe consistently for wins on forums.. i dont think Wolverine can beat omega Red consistently in a forum fight to say he wins. Wolverine able to win majority of his rogues has to due with his ability to survive attacks.... just because i see Wolvie win against Nitro doesnt mean i am going to run in here and put them in a fight.. consistency of the character should make Wolverine's ability to harm him near impossible nor would i think Spiderman could or should be able to.

ppl not knowing a damn thing about a character and voting for or against him doesnt mean anything..

we use on panel facts and history and remove PIS of terrain use and hail merry winning tactics that are not the norm..

if you think Spidey can beat molten man at competent levels thats your opinion nothing i say can change that and i dont care enough to change it...

but for your Electro hulk comment what if i said magneto vs hulk similar powerset and some overlapping feats that can be applied on hulk for winning and use things change, why?

b/c ppl know more about magneto then they do about Electro and only know what they see from spidey respect thread and him losing being an idiot...

same for pyro look most of you didnt even know about current pyro or his full powerset and guys he has tangled with but are quick to think fighting and losing to guys like spidey is the norm,,

but dont bother to think the lvl of destruction and power he can bring to the table when he is fighting the X-men, tactics that would have spiderman incinerated if not for terrain, and other host of mutant powers like telepathy, TK and teammates... yet this pyro is never mention this is his norm as a x men villain.

hell, most of you dont know he has bn upgraded yet you continue with the lowballing of he loses b/c he is a loser...applying the rhino argument on every villain most of you dont know about b/c you're only old enough to have started reading this decade on characters and the few appearances they made this decade or using respect sites to make an argument for the hero b/c he won but the fight being completely out of context.

all popular characters have writer protection.

how can pyro win? featureless environment, 500 m apart. he makes a huge fire monster and launches it forward at spider-man. Like i said, I doubt SM will make a web cocoon arround his whole body and if he does, he'll have to stay inside it, thus losing the fight

SamZED

The MISTER

i remember thinking how the hell does a guy like him lose to spidey he wasnt even at full power and he took down a high tech army that would have murdered spidey, escape cops and shield... this was back in the early mid 90's when certain feats were at a minimum and the norm for spidey was lower then it is now...

but, that's when i realized what writers do when it comes to hero story formula.. they safe the day at the end.

And that's when I realized that you don't know much about Spider-man. A high tech army spells certain doom for Spider-man to you....
If you don't take the writers into consideration at all Spider-man strength feats and small size equate to a powerful character even without webbing, spider-sense or wall-crawling. Electro is a unique and powerful character and before his power increase he was a threat to Spider-man. After his power increase he is more comparable to the current Iceman. Sandman is another Spidey villain that is really unlikely to be beaten by anyone that doesn't use heat powers, like Wolverine or Spider-man. PYRO is not Electro or Sandman. He couldn't beat current Electro on his best day so Spider-man not being able to beat him is a moot point. He can beat Pyro. Batman could probably beat Pyro with NO superpowers to help him.

Stoic
I saw a lot of Elektro is the shyt opinions, but he can still be grounded out. Spidey... well the kids a genius, and although Elektro has monstrous powers, Spiderman is mixed with the recipe to take him down every time. As for this thread Spidey wins.

King Castle
b/c Spiderman can jump through a wall of flame that can stop a bullet and has colossus lvl durability and will harm a phalanx upgraded pyro, while having at least 4 fire constructs attacking spiderman and shooting fire at him?

yeh, right..

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/margomeleon/Necrosha4.jpg

The MISTER
Originally posted by 753
all popular characters have writer protection.

how can pyro win? featureless environment, 500 m apart. he makes a huge fire monster and launches it forward at spider-man. Like i said, I doubt SM will make a web cocoon arround his whole body and if he does, he'll have to stay inside it, thus losing the fight What's the largest fire monter he's created? Something that can't be evaded? How does this monster move? A featureless environment must mean that Spider-man can web the dirtless floor and pull himself certain directions while airborne creating great mobility for himself. 500m is no distance when considering how fast and far Spider-man can leap. Show me an impressive fire creature created in moments as big as a cruise ship and fast to boot and I'll believe that Spider-man can't dodge any better than all the others that have dodged his attacks. smokin'

Stoic
b/c Spiderman can jump through a wall of flame that can stop a bullet and has colossus lvl durability and will harm a phalanx upgraded pyro, while having at least 4 fire constructs attacking spiderman and shooting fire at him?

yeh, right..

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj209/margomeleon/Necrosha4.jpg

You're right, if he just decided to throw himself into a raging inescapable inferno he'd die from loss of oxygen, and be cooked like a side of meat. This however defies his character. Spiderman is a genius, he'd find a way to plug up Pyro's flame throwers.

King Castle
he has made an inferno where he himself is standing in the middle surrounded by fire and using it to spring up multiple constructs..

his flame constructs have bn used to fight off the X-men and hold back and grab guys like collosus his flame monster has also bn strong enough to fight fixit as well... fire blast that temporarily stalemate concentrated optic blast from cyke.

spidey without PIS isnt coming up with anything to stop him or get through his flame heat shield that melt bullets centimeters from his skin.

SamZED
sigh..... i dont think Wolverine can beat upgraded ada, sabe consistently for wins on forums.. i dont think Wolverine can beat omega Red consistently in a forum fight to say he wins. Wolverine able to win mahority of his rogues has to due with his ability to survive attacks.... just because i see Wolvie win against Nitro doesnt mean i am going to run in here and put them in a fight.. consistency of the character should make Wolverine's ability to harm him near impossible nor would i think Spiderman could or should be able to.

ppl not knowing a damn thing about a character and voting for or against him doesnt mean anything..

we use on panel facts and history and remove PIS of terrain use and hail merry winning tactics that are not the norm..

if you think Spidey can beat molten man at competent levels thats your opinion nothing i say can change that and i dont care enough to change it...

but for your Electro hulk comment what if i said magneto vs hulk similar powerset and some overlapping feats that can be applied on hulk for winning and use things change, why?

b/c ppl no more about magneto then they do about Electro and only know what they see from spidey respect thread and him losing being an idiot...same for pyro look most of you didnt even know about current pyro or his full powerset and guys he has tangled with but are quick to think fighting and losing to guys like spidey is the nor,,

but dont bother to think the lvl of destruction and power he can bring to the table when fighting the X-men, tactics that would have spiderman incinerated if not for terrain, and other host of mutant powers like telepathy, TK, teammates...

hell, most of you dont know he has bn upgraded yet you continue with the lowballing of he loses b/c he is a loser...applying the rhino argument on every villain most of you dont know about b/c you're only old enough to have started reading this decade on characters and teh few appearances they made this decade or using respect sites to make an argument for the hero b/c he won but the fight being completely out of context. Like you used facts and on-panel history to argue that Spider-man's webbing isnt fire-resistant?erm Or that Venom cant absorb symbiotes and see with his suit?

There's a thing called "constancy" that should also be taken into account, and Electro was constantly shown to be a medium threat. And one writer wanking him for 2 issues doesnt cancel his established powers. Spider-man's oneshotted Absrobing Man, yet you dont see me jump to Spider-man vs Colosus thread and say they'd stalemate each other.

And no need for the "old school comicbook fans" talk, please. I unlike some other posters never jump into an argument unless I've read plenty of showings with the character and know his average power level. The reason I didnt argue against Pyro in the first place. And im pretty sure you didnt know about Electro's current upgrade until we mentioned it.

Yet, you choose to take one good showings of the character ignoring his whole history and put him against Spider-man who constantly beats him on his average power level blaming it all on writers protection.

You know what, nevermind... Classic Electro is a low-heral level character and we are all ignorant for not seeing that earlier... our bad..
So? What are you getting with this? You've created 4 Spider-man related threads so you could argue against him to do what? To establish that he cant beat herald-level characters? Noone ever said he could. That he cant beat human torch if the guy goes nova? Again, noone ever said he could. But should he be able to beat most of his rogues, especially with prep? Yes he should and without any "writers protection" unless you count 99,9% of things that happen in all comics as "writer's protection". So again, you said you wanted to know where he stands with villain, now you know. Glad I could help. Just make sure that you dont ignore his feats next time you argue against other characters you dont want him to beat. Especially if its someone like Molten Man who's got nothing on him.

King Castle
Originally posted by Stoic
You're right, if he just decided to throw himself into a raging inescapable inferno he'd die from loss of oxygen, and be cooked like a side of meat. This however defies his character. Spiderman is a genius, he'd find a way to plug up Pyro's flame throwers. once the flame is on he is no longer dependent on the hose.

spiderman can clog it all he wants it wont stop him from controlling expanding and creating more flame monsters and fire walls... where is spiderman going to go?

all he can do is run and stay away from Pyro's wall of flames and constructs like you said spidey aint throwing himself into the inferno and the webbing will eventually melt off...

hell, the temperature alone should effect spidey adversely fighting some one like Pyro...

SamZED
You crate the thread and then basically say its impossible for Spider-man to even stand in the battlefield without dying.Originally posted by King Castle
spidey without PIS isnt coming up with anything to stop him or get through his flame heat shield that melt bullets centimeters from his skin.
thumb up Way to admtt you intentially created a spite thread just to argue against a character you hate and to lowball decades of character's showings with the "writer's protection" argument.

The MISTER
he has made an inferno where he himself is standing in the middle surrounded by fire and using it to spring up multiple constructs..

his flame constructs have bn used to fight off the X-men and hold back and grab guys like collosus his flame monster has also bn strong enough to fight fixit as well... fire blast that temporarily stalemate concentrated optic blast from cyke.

spidey without PIS isnt coming up with anything to stop him or get through his flame heat shield that melt bullets centimeters from his skin. I believe that he can stand in the inferno but doesn't that make it impossible to see? You're the one who hates PIS as much as me so how about that. Does Pyro have some sort of unspoken ability to see through an inferno cause maybe that's why he's never inside of them except for this instance that you're using. Fire isn't see through so does Pyro see through the eyes of his many beasts? If you're going to get rid of the PIS get rid of all of it. Maybe his mask allows him to see through flames. Standing inside the flames is not something I can recall ever seeing Pyro do. I trust you though. smokin'

SamZED
Look, KC. I apologise I was harsh yesterday. A really bad mood. Normally I dont get carried away like that. Even though I disagree with some of your points you always keet things civil. Its just I was around when it was concidered to be "cool" on KMC to make thread like Wolverine vs Juggernaut just so the people who didnt like the character could say "Logan gets raped/stopmed on etc" and I hated that. Guess the thread just reminded me of that. Not an excuse though. So again, sorry.

I agree that some of Spider-man's villains are out of his league, that's what makes it interesting to read the books, character finding a way to defeat more powerful enemies. That's what makes Spider-man, Batman etc so popular. But I disagree that means that everythig Spider-man does should be explained with writer's protection. When he fights characters that arent invincible he does it using his skills/speed etc like everybody else. Excpetions would be characters like Sandman who cant possibly be beaten without a plot device like firehydrant. But nothing wrong with that as he's near invulnerable for ordinary attacks. Most of the other enemies Parker fights aren't, so I dont see why he cant beat them with precog, superior speed, agility, class 10 punches or using his intellect.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.