Wild Child vs Omega Red

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
Good fight.

-K-M-
Most likely Red, they clashed very briefly and looked pretty close but WC got distracted. Also upgraded WC was a pretty big mystery.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by -K-M-
Most likely Red, they clashed very briefly and looked pretty close but WC got distracted. Also upgraded WC was a pretty big mystery. I remember WC getting disctracted, what issue was that again?

jinzin
Most likely Red, they clashed very briefly and looked pretty close but WC got distracted. Also upgraded WC was a pretty big mystery.

Seriously would have liked to see one legit fight with him... erm

-K-M-
Originally posted by jinzin

Shesh! I'm getting old, I actually forget and I'm on my laptop that doesn't have my scans to check

Yeah kind of silly what they did with him, but apparently he might not be dead.

YFZ 350
WC was winning the fight iirc.

snoopdogg
Seriously would have liked to see one legit fight with him... erm He was doing well against Red. Isn't that good enough?

jinzin
Not in my opinion.

snoopdogg
Not in my opinion. You have to admitt he was doing well, he had him in a rear naked choke iirc.

jinzin
Oh we was doing well for sure. But because he only has three real appearances and no flatly stated abilities, that version of his character is practically designed for straw grasping, presumption based arguments.

snoopdogg
Oh we was doing well for sure. But because he only has three real appearances and no flatly stated abilities, that version of his character is practically designed for straw grasping, presumption based arguments. I'm a little blurry on him but didn't he beat Wolverine and actually admitt WC was faster?

jinzin
He "beat" Wolverine by blindsiding him in the midst of confusion using poision covered claws to do the job.

When he ran up on Wolverine later, Wolverine drew the Muramasa to his throat and Wild Child seemed to suggest that a fight between the two could go either way.

Later in Origins, Romulus suggests that WC's actually scared to fight him straight up.

He was way ambiguous.

snoopdogg
I thought Logan said WC was faster somewhere in there.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I remember WC getting disctracted, what issue was that again?

#39.

Originally posted by YFZ 350
WC was winning the fight iirc.

No, he wasn't.

snoopdogg
I thought Logan said WC was faster somewhere in there. Anybody?

Trackz
Anybody?

When he speedblizted Wolverine and took him out, Wolverine was rambling about how embarrassing it was and that he might be a lot faster than him.

jinzin
I thought Logan said WC was faster somewhere in there.

He did. I just don't put a lot of credence into incidents like sneak attacks as a quantifiable measure of speed.

jinzin
Originally posted by Trackz
When he speedblizted Wolverine and took him out, Wolverine was rambling about how embarrassing it was and that he might be a lot faster than him.

Yeah. In all honesty it DID look like WC was upgraded massively in speed but then again that's where the whole 3 appearances and done thing kinda makes it hell to say with any certainty.

snoopdogg
WC and Wolverine went toe to toe in AF #127 and WC held his own pre-upgrade rather well.

Starscream M
stop making excuses jinzin!

StiltmanFTW
At first I thought WC got pheromone manipulation power from Romulus or something.

jinzin
WC and Wolverine went toe to toe in AF #127 and WC held his own pre-upgrade rather well.
He actually did better than Wolverine IMO.

It did seem like rather poor writing for Logan though.
First his mind gets manipulated with ease and he doesn't even suspect a thing THEN he's in bloodlust mode and WC still outmaneuvers him?

Didn't look good...

Originally posted by Starscream M

What excuses? I've just flat stated WC looked faster. All I said was that WC sneak attacked him.. with poison claws.. and he did. no expression

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
Stop being ignorant. He simply stating what happened. try reading comics for a change instead of talking out your ass roll eyes (sarcastic)

-K-M-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
At first I thought WC got pheromone manipulation power from Romulus or something.

Nope

He actually did better than Wolverine IMO.

It did seem like rather poor writing for Logan though.
First his mind gets manipulated with ease and he doesn't even suspect a thing THEN he's in bloodlust mode and WC still outmaneuvers him?

Didn't look good...

I wouldn't say he looked better, I would just say it looked like they were pretty equal but I wouldn\t give the nod to either or in that fight

Nope

What excuses? I've just flat stated WC looked faster. All I said was that WC sneak attacked him.. with poison claws.. and he did. no expression

Yep and he did the same thing to Sasquatch. We never saw one uninterupted or straight up fight from him

We didn't even see the fight him and Sabretooth had either as it was off-panel (WC won)

StiltmanFTW
Nope

I know. I'm just saying I hoped something interesting would be revealed about him in Origins.

-K-M-
I know. I'm just saying I hoped something interesting would be revealed about him in Origins.

Oooooh yeah I gotcha.

Only other times we saw WC in origins was when he was ordering someone to torture Daken and when he was with Romulus looking at the pictures of Wolverine. Very poorly used character. Wasn't a fan they revealed he was a nazi from WW2
----
On a seperate note, this was the scan that is being talked about where Wolverine commented on his speed

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/wolverine_53_16.jpg

StiltmanFTW
Oooooh yeah I gotcha.

Only other times we saw WC in origins was when he was ordering someone to torture Daken

Yep. That someone was Victor Hudson. It was never explained how he hulked out...

and when he was with Romulus looking at the pictures of Wolverine. Very poorly used character. Wasn't a fan they revealed he was a nazi from WW2

That happened in volume 3 actually, issue written by Aaron. Something tells me he'd do a better job with the character. I mean, Way just wanted to get rid of him.

-K-M-
Yep. That someone was Victor Hudson. It was never explained how he hulked out...

Yeah I guess it could have been him, looked a tad different. Then again they got WC's costume completly wrong here.

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/?action=view&current=Wolverine_Origins_015_002.jpg
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/?action=view&current=Wolverine_Origins_015_004.jpg

That happened in volume 3 actually, issue written by Aaron. Something tells me he'd do a better job with the character. I mean, Way just wanted to get rid of him.

Yeah sorry meant Wolverine in general. What with the nazi reveal? That was Loeb, or you talking about the torture scene and photo-op scene.

Flyattractor
Isn't this supposed to be a WC vs OR thread?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Isn't this supposed to be a WC vs OR thread? Yea, now who wins?

StiltmanFTW
Yeah I guess it could have been him, looked a tad different. Then again they got WC's costume completly wrong here.

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/?action=view&current=Wolverine_Origins_015_002.jpg
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t105/DC_CaptainComet/?action=view&current=Wolverine_Origins_015_004.jpg

Yes, they did.

There was another issue drawn by different artist and Victor looked similar. The one in which Cyber died from a heart attack, there was a flashback. That "Hulk Hudson" thing came out of nowhere.

Yeah sorry meant Wolverine in general. What with the nazi reveal? That was Loeb, or you talking about the torture scene and photo-op scene.

Yeah, I know it was Loeb... that was weird. Talking about "Man in the Pitt", the photo scene. I believe Aaron could do something interesting with WC, but well, he's never got a chance.

Yea, now who wins?

Red.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.