Nova vs Spider-man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Who has had more character development?

Discuss.

Parmaniac
That's actually a good thread, both had good development recently imo.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Parmaniac
That's actually a good thread, both had good development recently imo. Nova has gone backward imo to a certain extent.

SamZED
Spider-man's had some character development, but then BND happened. Although Spider-man did get a bit more.. mean(?) recently.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Nihilist
Nova has gone backward imo to a certain extent. Please expand I only was following Nova since and after Annihilaton.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Please expand I only was following Nova since and after Annihilaton. Well going on from The Annihilation mini he had and then the main book onward, i feel certain aspects of his character have progressed, like he has become more battle savy and his leadership. But its his constent lack of not listening to the worldminds info, despite all the previous times of ignoring the worldminds words which got him into shit through not paying attention.

Bouboumaster
Spider-Man, until OMD. After that, well, **** Spider-Man.

Nova's the better character of the two of them, and his character developpement was pretty interesting since Annihilation .

the ninjak
Spidey was cool in Evolve or Die shame they ignore the Were-Spider feat.

poor spidey

dmills
Originally posted by Nihilist
Well going on from The Annihilation mini he had and then the main book onward, i feel certain aspects of his character have progressed, like he has become more battle savy and his leadership. But its his constent lack of not listening to the worldminds info, despite all the previous times of ignoring the worldminds words which got him into shit through not paying attention. This was maddeningly frustrating, although I don't know if it's a regression as much as it's a point of stagnation. One would think that he would've have shown some maturity in that regard, especially after the WM switched to the Ko-Rel persona.

Another thing that was frustrating was that it took until the last couple of issues of TI for Richard to assert his mastery of the Nova Force. And when he finally took back the whole power, the best thing that he did was oneshot the Revengers. Historically the Nova Force was seen as an awesome power that was one of the primal forces of the universe and the full extent of it was enough to drive people insane. Giffen tapped into that a little bit, but DnA seemed to write their character's with fairly conservative power levels.

What I've read of Spidey has been limited to the cliched version in the Bendis books, so it may not be entirely representative of what's going on in his main books.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.