Puma vs Romulus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
forum rules....

SamZED
Puma. He's a more established character with more constant feats. So far Romulus got his ass kicked by Logan and held his own against Skaar. IMO not good enough. TBH I was dissapointed in the character, he should've been better developed.

King Castle
i say batman kicks his @$$ left and right a bat kick ends Romulus career he was a waste of ink and time not just for the artist writers but readers..

how the f$#@ is he even a remote threat to logan when looking at his powerset? blink

Wolverine was PIS on, all over by the writer...

Trackz
Originally posted by SamZED
Puma. He's a more established character with more constant feats. So far Romulus got his ass kicked by Logan and held his own against Skaar. IMO not good enough. TBH I was dissapointed in the character, he should've been better developed. I dunno Romulus seemed stronger than Wolverine, his healing just didn't seem up to par.

SamZED
The sad thing is- I really expected something big from him. But the guy turned out to be poor man's ultimate Sabertooth with less skills and abilities. How did it happen that he was the mastermind behind everything that happened to Logan and managed to stay in shadows all this time is beyond me..

King Castle
f#$#ed up part was when romulus threw the muramasa sword at logan a dainty throw and i swear i heard an ehh.. sound as romulus threw it..

wolverine turned around and saw it and was shocked eyes wide open scared as hell, forgetting that he catches thrown knives, rockets, darts on a regular and gets hit by a wooden handle on the noggin and gets ko'ed?!!

SamZED
Originally posted by King Castle
f#$#ed up part was when romulus threw the muramasa sword at logan a dainty throw and i swear i heard an ehh.. sound as romulus threw it..

wolverine turned around and saw it and was shocked eyes wide open scared as hell, forgetting that he catches thrown knives, rockets, darts on a regular and gets hit by a wooden handle on the noggin and gets ko'ed?!! Dear God, dont even remind me of that. The most ridiculous part - it looked like Logan DODGED it, but then the sword "magically" returned and koed him with a handle. What the f**k?

StiltmanFTW
Puma. He's a more established character with more constant feats. So far Romulus got his ass kicked by Logan and held his own against Skaar. IMO not good enough. TBH I was dissapointed in the character, he should've been better developed.

Logan played mindgames with him. Skaar got humiliated.

how the f$#@ is he even a remote threat to logan when looking at his powerset? blink

How the hell is Leader even a remote threat to Hulk when looking at his powerset?! Same flawed logic.

Originally posted by Trackz
I dunno Romulus seemed stronger than Wolverine, his healing just didn't seem up to par.

Every character possessing the healing factor under Daniel Way's pen heals extremely slow. Of course there are a few high showings that say otherwise, but not many.

Romulus wins, all he needs is just one good swipe.

guy222
puma

jinzin
The sad thing is- I really expected something big from him. But the guy turned out to be poor man's ultimate Sabertooth with less skills and abilities. How did it happen that he was the mastermind behind everything that happened to Logan and managed to stay in shadows all this time is beyond me.. Originally posted by SamZED
Dear God, dont even remind me of that. The most ridiculous part - it looked like Logan DODGED it, but then the sword "magically" returned and koed him with a handle. What the f**k?
I know right?!
laughing

That's hilarious.. and tragic... and true... erm

At the time I was still hoping to the fullest extent that Way was going to redeem himself by the end of the series. I thought.. "well maybe that handle thing was Rom's strength, or skill at play, or some weird TP/TK ability (given how Daken once stated that his tricky pheramone powers were taught to him by Romulus).. But alas... that wouldn't be the case.

I have to be honest; the moment Romulus showed up in the Evolution arc, I had a bad taste in my mouth for the character. I mean Loeb at least did a nice job of making him much more menacing than Way ever has, but all the same, it was hard to take what only looked to be a bigger version of Sabretooth seriously...

A few years back I had actually taken notice to Daniel Way being on Mwam's Deadpool boards where he was asking for ideas on Deadpool/comics. I decided I would write to him about a couple of things.

I remember making multiple suggestions for Romulus telling him how he could expand on the character as both a staple in the Marvel Universe and a black mark on Wolverine.

Some of these included the notion that Romulus was an alien/god/demi-god/eternal/demon/etc... that he was something special that actually predated humanity by millions/billions (?) of years.

That he was the one who created the tribe which influenced Apocalypse and his way of life, or that he had a hand in Ba'al taking Apocalypse into the Sandstormers tribe.

That he had become obsessed with developing the ultimate fighting machine/weapon and that he deemed Wolverine to be that weapon by forging his (Wolverine's) soul from multiple lives filled with combat and bloodshed.

That he would stalk Wolverine's eternally reincarnating warrior spirit every time he was reborn and mold the life into one of combat, then when he thought the time was right, confront Wolverine to see if he was "ready" and effectively kill him (Because Wolverine well... wasn't)....
I thought the notion that Romulus would have been responsible for killing Wolverine in hundreds of previous lives would make him a pretty serious boogy-man for ole' Loges and the plot-line on Logan being reincarnated into a mutant with a healing factor that retarded his aging and actually kept him from dying would make an interesting twist for Romulus' ability to "mold" him into the perfect weapon as he saw fit.

There were so many directions they could take that kind of story tying it into Marvel mythos.

I remember suggesting that perhaps The Hand actually began as a group of elite warriors that had been trained and tempered by Wolverine's spirit when he was "the hand of God" shortly after he killed Ba'al in an attempt to protect the Earth from unworldly threats, but that Romulus eventually killed the Hand of God too, and corrupted The Hand into shadow assassins instead turning them into what they have become today. That Romulus was actually somehow able to preserve some measure of Ba'al's essence after his defeat by the Hand of God, and poured that essence into a human body which was the same Ba'al that later on became the parent figure for Apoc and manipulated him into being what he is a storyline which possibly could have allowed Romulus and Apoc to become at odds with one another, rivals, upping Rom's rep by association.

That the ultimate plan was to make an army of Wolverine clones which would explain why there's so damned many of these Wolverine rip-off characters running around the MU.

Instead what did we get? We got a guy who's about the same size as Sabretooth, who looks like Wolverine and has both characters' sets of claws......... and really no decent healing factor to speak of. durverine

It so obviously points out how weak Way's writing is in certain aspects. They couldn't actually make him menacing, Way just kept on insisting that he was.
It reminded me of the way they wrote Doom in the F4 movies.
Doom: "HA! I outsmarted you Dr. Reed!"
Audience: "Wait... I don't think you actually did anything to-"
Doom: " I totally outsmarted Reed, look at what I've done!"
Audience: "Yeah, Ive been here the whole time... I'm pretty sure pulling off a B&E while nobody's home isn't exactly a display of your intelligence.... you didn't even even make anything yourself you just took his shi-
Doom:"SILENCE!"

I think Srank hit it on the head after the fight in Origins 40 when he summed it up here:
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The story is so convoluted. I just kicked your ass! I'm going to let you live! I can't beat Romulus! He is too smart! ZOMG I need to get Hulk and his son to help me!
WTF?

Prep-Man
Puma.

King Castle
@ jinzin

that's the problem.

you are responsible for ways crappy writing....

you took all the ideas and left him with sh#% to write about...

jinzin
laughing out loud

embarrasment

The real shit about that... the guy never even replied. He apparently opened the email but he never even gave a half assed response like a simple thanks or anything. what a douche

King Castle
i think you are partially responsible for his crap your ideas seem to mirror his stories... shame on you, you call yourself a wolverine fan and yet that sh$# was crap.....

could have at least tied it to it being dog and using the family fortune to fund weapon X and buy his way into government shadow cabinets.

but, nooooo.... you came up with the lupine sh$# for romulus?

StiltmanFTW
but, nooooo.... you came up with the lupine sh$# for romulus?

That was Jeph Loeb, not Way. In Origins there ain't a single mention of that lupine controversy.

srankmissingnin
The day Way was off Wolverine I was so happy... until I heard Way was the new writer of Astonishing X-Men.

Marvel Editor #1: We need a new writer on Astonishing X-Men. Who can fallow up Whedon and Warren Ellis?

Marvel Editor #2: Daniel Way?

Marvel Editor #1: ... F@cking. Brilliant. Now lets ask Joeb if he wants to write Iron Man after Matt Fraction is finished.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.