Daniel Day-Lewis Will Be Steven Spielberg's Abraham Lincoln

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Day-Lewis is going to play Lincoln.

For what seems like forever, director Steven Spielberg has talked about wanting to do a biopic on Abraham Lincoln from a script by "Angels in America" playwright Tony Kushner.

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/169-daniel-day-lewis-will-be-steven-spielbergs-abraham-lincoln

An excellent choice. 2 time best actor oscar winner. this role may win him his 3rd.

can't wait for the film.

Lord Shadow Z
It will probably go some way to restore his reputation a bit after the Electric Six "Gay Bar" music video. That was bad...

BruceSkywalker
Day-Lewis is a damn good actor, so this could very well be good

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
It will probably go some way to restore his reputation a bit after the Electric Six "Gay Bar" music video. That was bad...

who's reputation...,Lincolns? laughing out loud

siriuswriter
For me, he'd be making up is "why the hell did you take this role???" mistake of "Nine."

Day-Lewis is a good actor, but he's an especially good actor when he gets to stretch his character actor chops. I hope that everything works together perfectly.

Ah yes, Angels in America writer, so we've got the script and lead down. Obviously, Spielberg has "Schindler's List," "Saving Private Ryan," and "Munich" under his belt. I wonder if he can direct peace time as well as he could ultimate drama history.

The Nuul
I wanted Day-Lewis to be Sinestro. Great actor. Good pick for Ab.

http://flashyourstache.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/daniel-day-lewis.jpg

roughrider
Liam Neeson was forever connected with this project, before he finally dropped out. I didn't anyone could be a better Lincoln than him...
But Daniel Day-Lewis is one of the few who could be. This should be great.

Esau Cairn
Besides America, will the rest of the world really be interested?

RE: Blaxican
That's a good question, one that I don't really know the answer too. I'm assuming that the rest of the world would have as much of an interest in it as the United States had in Munich.

FistOfThe North
anything thing america does is interesting to the world. besides most of the greatest movies are made here, of course. and that's been true since the beginning of filmmaking.

besides, isn't daniel day english, which is a bit odd for that role, but he's a good actor, which matters more. so he'll capture alot of overseas appeal.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
who's reputation...,Lincolns? laughing out loud

Yes! big grin

Impediment
Why in the blue f*ck would anyone want to watch a film about Abraham Lincoln?

T.M
Guy hunts vampires..

The Nuul
Originally posted by Impediment
Why in the blue f*ck would anyone want to watch a film about Abraham Lincoln?

The same could be said about Bush.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
anything thing america does is interesting to the world. besides most of the greatest movies are made here, of course. and that's been true since the beginning of filmmaking.

3 words.

Big Momma's House

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
3 words.

Big Momma's House

1 word.

most.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Besides America, will the rest of the world really be interested?

Yes

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Day-Lewis is a damn good actor, so this could very well be good

agreed.

roughrider

besides, isn't daniel day english, which is a bit odd for that role, but he's a good actor, which matters more. so he'll capture alot of overseas appeal.

Liam Neeson was forver connected with the project, and he's Irish.
Doesn't make any difference, as long as they can do the role.

Patient_Leech
Daniel Day-Lewis is one of those actors that I could watch pick his nose. He's amazing. Some images...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52273

Mr Parker
Day-Lewis is going to play Lincoln.

For what seems like forever, director Steven Spielberg has talked about wanting to do a biopic on Abraham Lincoln from a script by "Angels in America" playwright Tony Kushner.

http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/169-daniel-day-lewis-will-be-steven-spielbergs-abraham-lincoln

An excellent choice. 2 time best actor oscar winner. this role may win him his 3rd.

can't wait for the film.

Me neither.this sounds great. Happy Dance

Patient_Leech
Daniel Day-Lewis as Lincoln

http://d1fgn7wex1bhjn.cloudfront.net/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1344419364_1344419363_First_Real_Look-_Daniel_Day_Lewis_In_Steven_Spielberg_s__Lincoln_.jpeg

Source]

Kazenji
AqXiUdoKUVY

Patient_Leech
The full trailer's up....

qiSAbAuLhqs

Why is the 3rd Rock From The Sun kid in everything now? lol

Kazenji
Well he is a good actor.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech

Why is the 3rd Rock From The Sun kid in everything now? lol

In real life, he kidnaps & holds directors' families for ransom...

Mindset
Is this the sequel to Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter?

Kazenji
Yep....he gets resurrected and doesn't remember a thing about killing vampires.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Impediment
Why in the blue f*ck would anyone want to watch a film about Abraham Lincoln? He invented the chokeslam.

siriuswriter
So, how many Oscars will this be for Daniel Day-Lewis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.