KMC Award for Best Action Sequence - Action

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Snafu the Great
Fistfights, knifefights, gunfights, pillowfights, catfights, throwdowns, brawls...I don't care which.

Anything Metal Gear-related is probably a surefire win. But Kojima the Great does have some serious competition.

Bayonetta's gunplay is impresseive, as is Al Wesker schooling Chris and Jill. So who wins this award?

menokokoro
lol, i was just going to say fox's death....maybe i should look outside my favorite franchise for this, see if anything beats it.

The Lost Odysey opening was pretty epic, The keyblade wars cinematic was awesome, the end of Onimusha 1 was awesome I thought, thats all I got for now

Snafu the Great
Originally posted by menokokoro
lol, i was just going to say fox's death....maybe i should look outside my favorite franchise for this, see if anything beats it.

The Lost Odysey opening was pretty epic, The keyblade wars cinematic was awesome, the end of Onimusha 1 was awesome I thought, thats all I got for now

You are referring to The Twin Snakes, right? Although I prefer the scene where the Genome Soldiers die badly before you reach Otacon.

Trivia: Ryuhei Kitamura - who directed Azumi 1 and 2 - oversaw the action sequences in TTS. Kojima the Great would later have a walk-on cameo in the 1st Azumi film.

If you want something Onimusha-related, I reccomend the intro from Oni 3, where Sam infiltrates the Genma tank. Hong Kong action badass Donnie Yen choreographed that masterpiece of an intro.

menokokoro
oh i played 3, didn't like it much, even the part you are talking about, idk why, just seems too....staged? the reason i liked the end of onimusha 1 is cuz it was so legendary like, like when goku went ssj for the first time.

and yes, i was referring to the twin snakes version, and i love the scene you are talking about, but i just think the death of fox is the best scene in any video game, just awesome dialog, awesome combat sequences, and just overwhelming power required to kill a single person lol.

Snafu the Great
And what do you call Gray Fox punting a chunk of ceiling at Snake?

DarkC
Quite a few moments from Uncharted 2.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Snafu the Great
And what do you call Gray Fox punting a chunk of ceiling at Snake? awesome, but not more so than being shot at with 2 guns firing at a rate of 6,000 rounds per minute each and not getting hit, then getting your arm cut off, and slammed into a wall with insane force and still being willing to fight, with the greatest exchange of lines ever, then having a 500+ ton machine have to put all of its weight and lots of inertia into a stomp to finally kill him

FistOfThe North
The Mass Effect 2 opener. Runner up, the cod black ops opener.

BloodRawEngine
Just aboutevery ten minutes of Vanquish deserves an honorable mention.

Scythe
That part on War for Cybertron when Trypticon is falling down toward the planet and ya have to shoot him throughout the entire descent.

No End N Site
Any scene in Bayonetta and most Devil May Cry games.

FistOfThe North
The force unleashed 2. Starkillers escape free fall dive on kamino.

Ridley_Prime
Oh God no.

Kazenji
Oh God no....neverheard of it.

Juk3n
The correct answer is the entire train sequence of uncharted 2 From train yard - on to jeep - onto train - into crash. Nothing else really comes close. Runner up is Onimusha 3 opening, samonusuke is a beast.

Peach
Pretty much anything in Assassin's Creed 2.

Enough with these threads already.

General Kaliero
Almost any part of Enslaved is an action setpiece of epic proportions, but the battle at the end comes to mind as a particularly incredible one.

AsbestosFlaygon
Kratos beating up his half-brother, Hercules.

Or the fight against Hades.. that was epic as well.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Peach
Pretty much anything in Assassin's Creed 2.

Not this.

Originally posted by Peach
Enough with these threads already.

This.

Ridley_Prime
thumb up

jinXed by JaNx
Red Dead Redemption has some really engaging firefights.

Kind of hard for me to pick because even though i love FPS's they tend to all meld together lol.

NCRotCA
I can't think of anything specific but I know it would be something from a Metal Gear Solid or Xenosaga Game.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.