It could all be avoided?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Higilo
I don't understand. At the end of revenge of the sith Obi Wan sits and watches as Anakin slowly falls into the lava of Mustafar. What i dont understand is why Obi Wan does not (before the lava burns Anakin) grab Anakin's outreached arm and save his friend, surely this symbol of love and friendship would be enough to convince the new sith of his intention to save himself. Secondly if Anakin was not burnt Obi Wan could carry him to Padme's ship, and on seeing the reformed (but delimbed) Anakin she would live and not lose the 'will to live.' Deformed Anakin and Padme bring up children in the empire in secret, possibly training them from birth to defeat the emperor. Through the rebel alliance, which would exist through Galen Marek, they could achieve the goal in a much simpler and easier way, without vader to contend with and with 2 strong jedi on the side of the rebellion, rather than one and his spoilt sister, just an idea smile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Higilo
I don't understand. At the end of revenge of the sith Obi Wan sits and watches as Anakin slowly falls into the lava of Mustafar. What i dont understand is why Obi Wan does not (before the lava burns Anakin) grab Anakin's outreached arm and save his friend, surely this symbol of love and friendship would be enough to convince the new sith of his intention to save himself. Secondly if Anakin was not burnt Obi Wan could carry him to Padme's ship, and on seeing the reformed (but delimbed) Anakin she would live and not lose the 'will to live.' Deformed Anakin and Padme bring up children in the empire in secret, possibly training them from birth to defeat the emperor. Through the rebel alliance, which would exist through Galen Marek, they could achieve the goal in a much simpler and easier way, without vader to contend with and with 2 strong jedi on the side of the rebellion, rather than one and his spoilt sister, just an idea smile

Anakin would still move to the dark side, and Luke would join him.

Higilo
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Anakin would still move to the dark side, and Luke would join him.

why? The one he loves and the one he has respect for, plus obi wan has him in custody, he would change, he never truly believies in the empire, hence the last movie, 'i need to save you' 'you already have'

Shakyamunison
why? The one he loves and the one he has respect for, plus obi wan has him in custody, he would change, he never truly believies in the empire, hence the last movie, 'i need to save you' 'you already have'

Once you go to the dark side, you can never return. That is what make Anakin special. Only through the example of is son, could he have broken this trap, and returned to the force.

JediRobin23
Obiwan thought he was totally consumed by hate. Anakin did yell 'I hate you' after he got delimbed

Pwned
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Once you go to the dark side, you can never return. That is what make Anakin special. Only through the example of is son, could he have broken this trap, and returned to the force. Actually, thats not true

No jedi ever say this, and (in the eu anyways) there have been hundreds of examples, i think

Ulic is one, Luke, Vader, Jacen, etc.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Pwned
Actually, thats not true

No jedi ever say this, and (in the eu anyways) there have been hundreds of examples, i think

Ulic is one, Luke, Vader, Jacen, etc.

I don't know any EU. I only know the movies and the clone wars. I haven't read any of the books, and the only game I've ever played was Dark Forces.

queeq
The real question is: why didn't OB1 kill Anakin.... Leaving him there in the dirt without limbs is totally brutal and cruel man... OMG.

"I loved you... You were my brother! And now I leave you here to rot, burn etc etc..."

Higilo
Originally posted by queeq
The real question is: why didn't OB1 kill Anakin.... Leaving him there in the dirt without limbs is totally brutal and cruel man... OMG.

"I loved you... You were my brother! And now I leave you here to rot, burn etc etc..."

and 'I loved you... You were my brother! And now I now i'm going to stab you in the head' is so much better

Shakyamunison

Ya, I really didn't like that movie.

queeq
and 'I loved you... You were my brother! And now I now i'm going to stab you in the head' is so much better

Well in this case it would have been a mercy kill...

~JP~
If my memory serves me, he was alerted to Palpatine's approaching ship, in the book anyway, (which is how the damn story should have went)- in the movie I assume he either figured he was for all intents and purposes already dead and he needed to haul ass back to help Padme.

Sith Master X
I figured Obi-Wan just left him there knowing he was limbless and wouldn't be able to survive. Palpatine used is super psychic powers to figure out Anakin was in danger and needed help. Obi-Wan should have used his super psychic powers to realize that the Emperor was on his way.

~JP~
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Palpatine used is super psychic powers to figure out Anakin was in danger and needed help. Obi-Wan should have used his super psychic powers to realize that the Emperor was on his way.

You mean the force? wink

Sith Master X
Yep. lol stick out tongue

queeq
Well, we didn't get any of that. OB1 didn't look in a hurry. I didn't see Palpy wave his superpsychic magic hands or OB1 being alerted by an approaching ship... So all we have is this cruel bastard that leaves his 'loving brother' to croak and slowly die... OMG.

Sith Master X
Well I meant that Palpsy was floating on his little pod in the senate room, then had a miraculous realization that "Lord Vader is in danger."

I'd have immediately thought of that when I assigned him to a planet with spewing lava. lol

~JP~
Well, we didn't get any of that..

Nope but we damn sure should have.

queeq
Originally posted by Sith Master X
Well I meant that Palpsy was floating on his little pod in the senate room, then had a miraculous realization that "Lord Vader is in danger."

I'd have immediately thought of that when I assigned him to a planet with spewing lava. lol

laughing out loud

K-Dog
Yoda told Obi-wan to off Anakin, and that's what he should have done. Yoda should have used his cane to beat Obi-wan when he came back.

queeq
Maybe he did... and maybe OB1 liked it.

InfernoJG95
because the original trilogy had allready been made maybe? it would of messed up the whole thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.