TFU II Galen Marek vs Caedus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
The scenario - Juno and Marek are married and Caedus murders Juno. Would a bloodlusted Marek defeat Caedus?

Force
*Lightsabers
All Out

Battle starts in Caedus's office on Coruscant . . .

axel_jovan
Force: tossup
Sabers: 7/10 Caedus
All-out: 6-7/10 Caedus

Even though either one can win force duel, saber-wise the difference s much greater, odds are in Caedus' favor.

MasterAshenVor
Force : Caedus
Sabers : Galen
All-Out : Toss up.

Caedus was said to be close to Luke's skill in the Force and Luke in LOTF is more powerful than Sidious pretty much so Marek has no chance in Force.

In Lightsaber combat I give it to Galen since he defeated Shaak Ti, General Kota, Vader (Twice), Kasdan Paratus, Marris Brood. He has considerable skill and experience when it comes to Lightsaber combat and since I haven't played TFU II I don't know who else he's killed but I know he beats or encounters Boba Fett which is a big plus for any Jedi or Sith to come out alive against.

All-Out : I don't know, I think we would see a close fight but Caedus has an upper hand with the Force but if Galen gets in close and manages to use his own formidable Force skill to advance. I just don't know.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
Force : Caedus
Sabers : Galen
All-Out : Toss up.

Caedus was said to be close to Luke's skill in the Force and Luke in LOTF is more powerful than Sidious pretty much so Marek has no chance in Force.

In Lightsaber combat I give it to Galen since he defeated Shaak Ti, General Kota, Vader (Twice), Kasdan Paratus, Marris Brood. He has considerable skill and experience when it comes to Lightsaber combat and since I haven't played TFU II I don't know who else he's killed but I know he beats or encounters Boba Fett which is a big plus for any Jedi or Sith to come out alive against.

All-Out : I don't know, I think we would see a close fight but Caedus has an upper hand with the Force but if Galen gets in close and manages to use his own formidable Force skill to advance. I just don't know.

I'd say the exact opposite: Caedus wins the lightsaber duel, while Galen wins the Force battle. I don't remember Galen showing anything with a lightsaber.

MasterAshenVor
He was able to defeat Vader, Kota and Shaak Ti. I think that speaks for his Lightsaber AND Force skill.

truejedi
Vader, Kota and Shaak Ti have exactly WHAT saber feats to their names?

Caedus was renowned for his lightsaber skills, what does Galen have?

Galen is an undeniable force beast, but apparently on a lower level than Sidious. Greater than Vader it is stated, but less than ROTJ Sidious.... So i'm going with Caedus, who crossed blades with Luke and survived. Not many bad guys can say that. DE sidious certainly can't.
3/3 Caedus.

Major Valerian
I haven't played TFU2. Just how more powerful is Marek on this one?

truejedi
I read the comic book, he didn't look all that powerful. The trailer for the game made him look like a god though.

Nephthys
As did the trailer for the first game iirc.... mmm

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Major Valerian
I haven't played TFU2. Just how more powerful is Marek on this one? As powerful as he was at the end of the first game, he's even more powerful than THAT at the beginning of the second game.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by MasterAshenVor
He was able to defeat Vader, Kota and Shaak Ti. I think that speaks for his Lightsaber AND Force skill.

I just reviewed the scenes where he fought Vader, Kota and Shaak Ti. He gained the advantage by only using the Force on all three, so that hardly speaks for his lightsaber skills.

Major Valerian
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
As powerful as he was at the end of the first game, he's even more powerful than THAT at the beginning of the second game.

HOLY SHI---

no expression

Nephthys
Really, I got the impession that he was less so. He really struggled with Vader this time while he pwned the SOB back in the original.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nephthys
Really, I got the impession that he was less so. He really struggled with Vader this time while he pwned the SOB back in the original. I was talking gameplay-wise. Where in the first you gradually learn new powers, in this he's got Lightning, Repulse, Saber throw, Super Saiyan etc. all at the very beginning,

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I just reviewed the scenes where he fought Vader, Kota and Shaak Ti. He gained the advantage by only using the Force on all three, so that hardly speaks for his lightsaber skills.

It's shown in the novel that he won those duels mainly due to his lightsabre skills.

Kota:-

Galen first tries to use the Force but Kota deflects everything. The fight then goes blade-to-blade.

"He (Kota) attempted his charge attack two more times, obviously hoping to force a mistake or wear out his opponent, but it was he who started to show the effects of the duel, he who took hits. Soon his cloak was a smoking rag and one of his shoulder pads was glowing red-hot.

The apprentice pressed harder, feeling victory and the attainment of his full power approaching."

Shaak Ti:-

This was mainly due to the Force (he telekinetically blocked a thrust that would have skewered his eye) but prior to that his lightsabre skills were good enough to keep up with her.

Vader:-

"The lightsabres flashed again-and it was the apprentice who found the chink in the armour that both of them had been waiting for. Vader's lightsare moved too slowly to block a blow to his chest, allowing the apprentice's blade to slash deeply across his armoured throat."

"He lunged forward. His former Master barely blocked the blow. A second scored a deep wound across his black-clad shoulder. A third stabbed deep into his thigh."

He finishes Vader off with the Force, but at that point Vader was already beaten at duelling.

Board Walker
Caedus who was able to hang equally with a force raged luke skywalker (lotf) in a duel where skywalker was trying to kill him, speaks volumes.

Caedus was also greater in the knowledge of the force then luke, was he stronger in raw force power outage? That's debatable.

Basically caedus as of his younger age in comparison to luke was pretty much his equal in combat, either could have died that fight if ben was removed from the get go.

truejedi
though luke had opportunities to finish Caedus and passed on them because of Ben. Ben hurt luke more than he helped him in that fight.

ben222
Originally posted by Board Walker
Caedus who was able to hang equally with a force raged luke skywalker (lotf) in a duel where skywalker was trying to kill him, speaks volumes.

Caedus was also greater in the knowledge of the force then luke, was he stronger in raw force power outage? That's debatable.

Basically caedus as of his younger age in comparison to luke was pretty much his equal in combat, either could have died that fight if ben was removed from the get go.

Have you read the fight?

axel_jovan

truejedi
You are correct. Your master has taught you well.

Board Walker
Originally posted by truejedi
though luke had opportunities to finish Caedus and passed on them because of Ben. Ben hurt luke more than he helped him in that fight.

Caedus wanted to turn ben, ben was a factor that influenced both luke and caedus.

It is outright stated luke wanted to kill caedus so ben wouldn't and thus preventing him from falling to the dark side. It goes on to further detail that luuke was so focused on killing caedus that he was in a rage of the force.

Caedus was also injured by ben during the fight from a saber stab, ben hampered caedus more so then luke. The only moment caedus was helped by ben was the end of the fight where ben was going to kill caedus and luke stopped him for ben's sake. But if ben had never been there in the first place, caedus would of never been stabbed, ambushed, and caedus wouldn't have had to focus on torturing luke to attempt to turn ben as well as focus on been to keep him restrained, he could have focused purely on luke.

Its also stated caedus had a greater collection of esoteric knowledge of the force, including luke. The one part in the whole fight where luke over powered caedus in the force was when he held him down with the force and caedus could not initially break free. However take into consideration luke ambushed him and was in a force induced rage empowering him while caedus wasn't even prepared for battle.

The injuries that resulted for luke and caedus were tremendous for both, consodering how much ben hampered caedus and helped luke, its a strong showing for caedus.

In the force its stated caedus (jason) was the most powerful manifestation of the force ever, in the vong fight. Also his force powers grew so great he was able to deceive luke at point blank, in terms of the force they were about equal or undecided, its debatable who was stronger considering how much younger then luke caedus was.

As for sabers, after that fight, caedus stated only luke was his possible superior in sabers, considering he expected to thrash luke in cqc, but instead came out equally mauled as luke which is why he gave lukemore credit post that fight.

truejedi
The only moment caedus was helped by ben was the end of the fight where ben was going to kill caedus and luke stopped him for ben's sake.

wrong.

Luke had Caedus trapped in the torture device, and went to kill him. However, Ben yelled "no, let me do it." So luke stopped, shocked by Ben's dark rage. Using the extra moments, Caedus cut himself free, and it was fight on, whereas without ben, it would have been game over.

Secondly, Luke DOMINATED Caedus with the force onboard the command deck of the ANakin Solo for several minutes when Caedus FELT luke coming, and even PREPARED FOR A FIGHT. Then Luke walks in, picks Caedus up, throws him into his chair, and holds him there motionless for the duration of their conversation.

I don't know what kind of spin you are trying to put on THAT confrontation exactly, but it sounds like you are simply mixing up the story. Did you even read the books? Or are you trying to form an argument from Wookipedia?

Board Walker
T_T

He was ambushed....horribly, the one warning he had of luke coming was when luke popped out from the shadows and force pinned him. Or could you provide the passage detailing he felt him coming far in advance and had ample time to prepare.

Secondly...caedus was only trapped in the torture device due to at first using it on ben, if ben was never there to begin with caedus would have never been stabbed, nor would he had to keep track of ben, nor would he had been ambushed.

truejedi

He was ambushed....horribly, the one warning he had of luke coming was when luke popped out from the shadows and force pinned him. Or could you provide the passage detailing he felt him coming far in advance and had ample time to prepare.

wrong. Read the book. you aren't even referencing the correct fight at this point. On the COMMAND DECK.

Ambushed? You meant that Ambush where Ben told him three times that Luke was right behind him? He simply COULDN'T have had more warning. The ass-kicking he took on the Command Deck earlier (which you still keep confusing with this fight) is proof of Luke's superiority.

truejedi

Or could you provide the passage detailing he felt him coming far in advance and had ample time to prepare.

wrong. this falls under the category of common knowledge. If you had read the book you claim to have read you wouldn't be saying something this idiotic. I still think you are confused, but your insistence on being correct even after I warned you that you are confusing the fights is kinda annoying.

Lord Lucien
And it's a staple of a stubborn and wounded ego.

ben222
T_T

Secondly...caedus was only trapped in the torture device due to at first using it on ben, if ben was never there to begin with caedus would have never been stabbed, nor would he had to keep track of ben, nor would he had been ambushed.

read the book.
You can buy this book on amazon

Nephthys
Imo Board Walker's right in that there were too many extenuating circumstances and PIS to use that fight as an indication of their combat abilities. Lots of using the environment in that fight.

truejedi
Exactly, that's why I went to the Encounter on the Command Deck. And Board-Walker just ignored that. Or tried to lump them into one fight... or something weird like that.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys
Imo Board Walker's right in that there were too many extenuating circumstances and PIS to use that fight as an indication of their combat abilities. Lots of using the environment in that fight.

I agree, except that I don't see how there was any PIS in that fight.

Darth Truculent
If you're forgetting that Luke pinned Caedus in his chair without moving and then saying Caedus is stronger than Luke is blantantly absurd. Caedus was more powerful than Vader, but in the book Caedus stated he didn't want Luke finding out that he was the one responsibile for Mara's murder. Caedus knew that if Luke found out, he didn't stand a chance against the most powerful Jedi Master in history. Jacen/Caedus wasn't more powerful than Luke.

truejedi
i don't think anyone disagrees with you.

Jedi Mom
galan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.