Clones - How were they pre-programmed with Order 66?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
At Kamino where the Clones were bred, how exactly in their genetic code were they programmed with Order 66?

Pwned
They werent

They were programmed to obey any order from their commanders, which was in effect, Palpatine(obviously)

He had already told them of the order but told them to wait for it, conitngency plan was his excuse

Darth Truculent
But that doesn't make any sense because in the novel Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, some of the first clones didn't follow the command. When questioned by Vader, a certain squad stated "we thought it was a Sepratist trick." Vader let them off the hook because he believed they to be 'defective' and not their fault. There had to be something else involved.

Pwned
Ion team was programmed to think independantly

Since they didnt get it directly from Palpatine, they thought less conventionally

And Salvo wasnt one of the first, i believe

Major Valerian
There was nothing else involved. They followed orders. Period. Of course, there were those clones that realized actually following that order was, well, you know, kind of suspicious. I bet some of them thought betraying the Jedi who had been helping them fight the war since the very beginning was just a little weird... Just a little.

truejedi
well, the whole galaxy bought the Jedi are traitors things, why wouldn't the clones? Not the only 5 to screw up either. Empourer's Fist stopped following orders, remember?

Major Valerian
Yeah, but that's different. The whole galaxy had not been fighting side-by-side with their Jedi commanders. They had quite some time to get to know the Jedi.

truejedi
A lot of them thought the Jedi were arrogant, and that the Jedi didn't care about clone lives. Its why Anakin was so popular, he cared about every clone, knew their names, stayed in their barracks sometimes, and grieved when they died. Most of the jedi had the "emotional unattachement" thing making them look bad.

RE: Blaxican
Clones don't obey all orders in the EU is because of artistic licensing. no expression

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
But that doesn't make any sense because in the novel Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader, some of the first clones didn't follow the command. When questioned by Vader, a certain squad stated "we thought it was a Sepratist trick." Vader let them off the hook because he believed they to be 'defective' and not their fault. There had to be something else involved.

In that novel there's a scene where Palpatine points out that even clones are shaped (at least to a degree) by life and experiences. The clones may have started off as identical but over three years they had had different experiences and so some of them had changed and become able to question orders rather than obeying them without thinking.

Nephthys
It makes you wonder why the Empire stopped using Clones actually. The Clones would have much less chance of rebellion than regular troops. The only reason to switch that I can think of is that Palpatine was worried someone (Vader?) might pull an 'Execute Order 66' on him.

Actually I can see lots of reasons why to switch to Regulars, so bluh.

truejedi
its because they got sick and were dying, amirite?

Nephthys
I guess.

The more soldiers Palpatine gets into his army, onto his side, the less any rebellion can aquire. Getting them into the army just lets him control and influence them even further. In fact, they lose even more of their civil rights because he can now order them to do whatever without the slightest pretense of doing anything but what he personally wants. Thats just one reason, I'm sure we can think of others.

Lord Lucien
When you want an unprecedented build-up of military power, spending years to grow and train Clones would be time consuming and risky. I remember somewhere saying that the standard 37,000 crew of the Imperial-class Star Destroyer was grossly disproportionate to the ship's needs. The Empire just wanted more bodies to enforce it's will. The same line of thought was employed in the use of the TIE fighters; Quantity over quality. The brainwashing of the Stormtrooper Corp. on Carida showed that the vast majority of regular humans could be indoctrinated, even after the Empire's fragmentation.

Plus variety is good. Imagine if the Rebels had gotten a hold of the basic genetic template the Empire was using. Concoct a disease targeting only the Clones and you deal a crippling loss to the military.

And to Truckie's question: it wasn't programmed in to their genes, they were "taught" it. And then most of them obeyed.

darth radon
Originally posted by Pwned
They werent

They were programmed to obey any order from their commanders, which was in effect, Palpatine(obviously)

He had already told them of the order but told them to wait for it, conitngency plan was his excuse remeber darth tyranous aka count dooku ordered the troops an had it implanted but still u are right

Lord Lucien
Sifo-Dyas is the one who ordered the Clones. Dooku found their template.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.