Ozymandias runs the DC gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
Ozymandias from Watchmen.

Pure h/h, how far does he get?

(He can rest for one hour in between each fight)

1. Damian Wayne

2. Green Arrow

3. Huntress

4. Tim Drake

5. Bane

6. Black Canary

7. Batman (Bruce)

8. Lady Shiva

Starscream M
stops at 6. her scream does him in.

Gecko4lif
Actually tim stands a good chance of taking him

as does bane

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Starscream M
stops at 6. her scream does him in.

Screaming is a pure h2h move?

Omega Vision
stops at 6. her scream does him in. Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Screaming is a pure h2h move?
laughing out loud

Starscream M
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Screaming is a pure h2h move? OP didn't specify H2H clearly

Omega Vision
OP didn't specify H2H clearly
no expression
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Ozymandias from Watchmen.

Pure h/h, how far does he get?

(He can rest for one hour in between each fight)

1. Damian Wayne

2. Green Arrow

3. Huntress

4. Tim Drake

5. Bane

6. Black Canary

7. Batman (Bruce)

8. Lady Shiva

h/h seems clear enough to me. He might clear it. He has less feats than the others, but the bullet catching was truly street elite impressive and he did beat the shit out of Rory and Owl.

Starscream M
Originally posted by 753
h/h seems clear enough to me. I'm sorry, but h/h is not the same as h2h...which is the standard way of writing hand to hand.

whatever...live and learn. OV, try to use standard lingo next time, k?

Gecko4lif
I'm sorry, but h/h is not the same as h2h...which is the standard way of writing hand to hand.

Funny how everyone else knew.

Wei Phoenix
I'm sorry, but h/h is not the same as h2h...which is the standard way of writing hand to hand.

The standard way of writing hand to hand is actually writing as hand to hand. Ways to shorten it are h2h, hth, h/h. Omega did clearly specify, you just weren't able to pick up on it.

Starscream M
whatev. I've never seen it written as h/h tbh.

Wei Phoenix
whatev. I've never seen it written as h/h tbh.

So what did you think when you saw h/h?

Omega Vision

h/h is standard lingo.

Starscream M
So what did you think when you saw h/h? actually, that didn't even catch my eye...I didn't realize he even wrote it until you mentioned it was h2h fight

Black bolt z
whatev. I've never seen it written as h/h tbh. Just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it isn't true....no expression

Unless bane is on venom he gets at least to batman, possibly even clears it but most likely stops at batman.

Wei Phoenix
What's even funnier is that you didn't let the h/h make you think the fight was all out in the Bane vs Black Canary fight unless you think Bane has a way of getting through the scream. I don't know if he does or does not since I don't read up on him.

Omega Vision
What's even funnier is that you didn't let the h/h make you think the fight was all out in the Bane vs Black Canary fight unless you think Bane has a way of getting through the scream. I don't know if he does or does not since I don't read up on him.
He doesn't. If she gets the first shot with her scream she'd take him out. I don't think he could dodge it and he certainly wouldn't tank it.

MrMind
stop at 5

Supermutant
Originally posted by MrMind
stop at 5

so ozzie cant take bane? if he stops anywhere it's 7 or 8

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
so ozzie cant take bane? if he stops anywhere it's 7 or 8
Well Bane has fought more formidable foes than Ozy has.

Ozy suffers the same problem as Doc Manhattan in Vs threads, its difficult to measure him against DC or Marvel characters because of limited showings and a lack of high class competition.

My personal belief is that Ozy would be around Black Canary level if he were dropped into DC, but I'm not sure if that's a tenable position given his lack of feats against anyone in that category.

He still had on panel absurd bullet-timing/coordination/speed feats and some decent stenggh feats and he toyed with pretty competent fighters like rory and the owl.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
He still had on panel absurd bullet-timing/coordination/speed feats and he toyed with pretty competent fighters like rory and the owl.
In the comic Nite Owl didn't really fight, he just used a gadget that failed and then got owned.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
In the comic Nite Owl didn't really fight, he just used a gadget that failed and then got owned. didnt he trash a gang of muggers earlier?

Lord_Talron
ozy has some insane acrobatic feats in the filler pages in the comics but yes i do agree hes lacking in quantity

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
didnt he trash a gang of muggers earlier?
I'm not saying Nite Owl wasn't a competent fighter (he'd certainly kick anyone's ass on the forum no contest) but in his fight with Ozy he didn't actually contribute much unlike in the movie where he and Rorschach tried to tag team Adrian.

Lord_Talron
my books in storage but i think you might be wrong. anyone got scans?

Martian_mind
Green Arrow trashes him.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Green Arrow trashes him. probably so. while i dont think anyone could argue him catching one of his arrows, hes not gonna handle a whole volley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.