King Kandy's Tourney Round 1, Match 1

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Kandy
inimalist, with:

Exodus
Giselle Villard
Starhawk

vs

Existere, with:

Living Monolith
Lightray
Magneto

Judges selected are:

Omega Vision
Psycho Gundam
Bentley

King Kandy

King Kandy

Ambient
Good luck guys. BTW I'm sure glad I didn't go up against Smurph this round my prep and strats would have backfired.

Digi
Blah, thought I was judging this one. Anyway, good luck and enjoy.

Omega Vision
Good luck to both of you.

inimalist

inimalist

inimalist
Originally posted by Existere
I have Living Monolith, the spongiest cosmic energy sponge in this tournament.
I have Lightray, the biggest battery of cosmic energy in this tournament.
I have Magneto, arguably the most proficient, versatile and well-rounded energy manipulator in this tournament.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7149/buzzard0205.th.jpg

Existere

inimalist

inimalist

inimalist
QzTCFiLJWh4

leonidas
nice contrast in styles gents. always knew inimal would do well in these things if he got in one. entertaining match thus far.

Omega Vision
Omega Vision's ruling:

Draft picks: Both teams were pretty well balanced and stacked in terms of power. I think Smurph had the edge in raw power and possibly in terms of cohesiveness. Inimalist gets bonus points though for using an Indie comic book character and adding some variety to this match. It also takes some chutzpah considering non Marvel, non DC, non popular Manga/Anime characters are going to come under higher scrutiny. Call this category a split.

Prep: Smurph wins this one, mostly because Inimalist didn't really have prep. Though it isn't a clean sweep considering Inimalist raised some fairly valid points about the feasibility of some aspects of the prep scheme.

Debating: Smurph's aggressive debating style serves him well, and I just wish he had come up with a retort to Inimalist's last post cluster since there were a few holes in his argument there that Smurph could have possibly torn open. Inimalist did a fine job of debating as well and that combined with the fact that Smurph disappeared gives Inimalist the comfortable win in this category.

Supporting Evidence: Inimalist takes the win. At first this category was in Smurph's favor, but Inimalist made a good accounting of himself and his team in the last post cluster.

Winner: Inimalist.

psycho gundam
before i cast my judgment, i need two pieces of critical information from both combatants; 1) from inamalist i need to understand just how powerful the characters are that were attacking gizelle, cause as it is they are a bird and a dude with a sword as far as i'm concerned. a castle falling i can wrap my head around, but those guys..not so much; 2) from smurph i need to see a substantial monolith durability showing, be it monilith weak, normal power, or his max due to the current situation it will do a great deal of help here.

i don't think i need to go into detail why those two pieces are needed in this scenario.

inimalist

King Kandy
Oh, man, I didn't realize judges had posted for some reason. Psycho, you can't ask for further posts after the deadline is over. They're supposed to have presented their evidence by then, and that's all you get to judge based on.

psycho gundam
Oy vei, this was a bit difficult to judge, so let's look over what will happen before "the fighting" starts:

Monolith will be powered up and used as a projectile for Magneto's makeshift gauss rifle.

Monolith gets pretty large (pause) when he absorbs energy and even if you assume he gets to twice the mass superman was when he did this (which he usually is) at "just under lightspeed":

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/9855/supesjlamx9.jpg

new york, and more than likely the planet will be a fine mist, and like it or not that's where the fight will be.
Mind you, the living monolith has in fact become extremely large in the 80's, and during the Climax of the twelve arc he was as large as a sentinel (note* the conduit was broken)

Inamalist's shields....

I'm still not sure they will be able to withstand the sheer kinetic force that will be unleashed here, he did give more evidence that the characters that attacked his mage were stronger than they seemed before, but this will not be the same as that....... and the remainder of Smurph's team is not only shielded, but cloaked. Monolith may be ko'd or even comatose, but the energies that feed him will revitalize him and he's back in the fight again.

If all of Inamalist's characters minus Starhawk are gone, would Starhawk be able to make carry the weight? Imo, no.

i'm just not convinced Monolith's presents and/or initial attack on the battlefield will be countered properly or properly defended against, and that still leaves Lightray and Magneto to deal with.

Smurph takes this as Monolith might quite possibly be the only living thing left after the initial strike, and even if he's not, Inamalist's team is still in trouble.

Digi
I edited out in's last post, per Kandy's ruling there (which wasn't exactly a ruling, just confirmation of a general tourney rule). If anything else needs changed, let me know.

Bentley
We'll, I read this a few times since it's short enough for me to do it, and I have to say this match would've been better served if both addressed the strategy of their opponent in direct fashion from the beginning, otherwise I'm just left with a lot of holes about which character can do what, and it's not my job to defend your points in either case.

Smurph's debate and tactic was straight to the point and overall more apt for a tournament, you have to be ambitious in your strategy in order to win and defend it like crazy, he would've done so if he had time to answer before, but since he couldn't this is a little akward.

Reaction times of the monolith, not knowing their opponent location and Lightray's passage through Magneto's shields were all fair questions that inimalist posted; which sadly went unanswered in the debate which frustrates me to no end. Deadlines are one hard truth on this kind of tourney.

I have to go with inimalist, this was short but not bad at all, good work both of you.

Digi
Oh....Snap? This tourney's round robin, yes? Still time for a Smurph rebound, given the (relative) lack of activity this round. Grats to inamilist though.

psycho gundam
^ things will change drastically once everyone realized who their next opponent has drafted and what core strategy they are going with.

Quick Freeze
what the heck is a Battlezone? what happened to the KMC GLC?? WHAT THE BLEEP IS GOIN ON HERE???...and whens the next tourney

Blair Wind
Holy shit. You haven't been around in a while.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Quick Freeze
what the heck is a Battlezone? what happened to the KMC GLC?? WHAT THE BLEEP IS GOIN ON HERE???...and whens the next tourney Yeah it was just added in the last 3 years.

Instead of tourneys in the CB vs. forum its in the battlezone sub-forum.

leonidas
what happened to the KMC GLC??

god luv 'im, but whirly happened. lol the inmates are running this asylum now.......

Quick Freeze
hmm well the battlezone thing makes sense...and I vaguely remember Whirly...sorta into the barbarian thing right? what does that have to do w the GLC??

Digi
Teams were, for the most part, entirely disbanded and closed. It got to be too many problems for what amounted to off-topic social threads, which we have elsewhere on KMC.

Anyway, hilarious (and good) to see you QF. This tourney is moving slowly, but progressing. There's always more in the works, we usually average about 3 a year.

psycho gundam
and digi will continue to flee me

http://i56.tinypic.com/am74uc.jpg

leonidas
hmm well the battlezone thing makes sense...and I vaguely remember Whirly...sorta into the barbarian thing right? what does that have to do w the GLC??

we had a small little group of people who formed a small team and set up--as digi said--what was basically a social thread. it worked well at first. was really fun actually. then whirly sort of....opened the membership to all. next thing you know EVERYONE was a glc member. the thread became nothing more than one more off-topic thread. those who didn't want to join, made their own teams and there was the usual idiocy involving bashing other teams, etc..... so all teams were disbanded. nice to know someone out there is still carrying the torch though.

Digi
Originally posted by psycho gundam
and digi will continue to flee me

http://i56.tinypic.com/am74uc.jpg

Didn't I beat you?

OwKHXY0iL0k

psycho gundam
minor detail

inimalist
hey all. I guess I should say a big thank you to everyone, judges, psycho, OV, bently, thanks to you all for your time, and especially to smurph. I really don't know what else to say, other than, hopefully sometime we get a better crack at it, I figured I should say something though, so...

but ya, thanks guys, woot woot!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.