Thanos Imperative vs. Blackest Night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Every character from each pitted in a gigantic space war. Who wins ?

Black bolt z
How about an actual lineup?

Omega Vision
Thanos sees Nekron and goes gay for him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Black bolt z
How about an actual lineup? Did you leaf through any major event ?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
Did you leaf through any major event ? Its a lot of characters.

So just saying "all of them" isn't specific enough.

quanchi112
Its a lot of characters.

So just saying "all of them" isn't specific enough. Yes, there are lots of characters this is an intergalactic war.

Black bolt z
Yes, there are lots of characters this is an intergalactic war. Then how about specifics?

Parmaniac
Do you mean by "Blackest Night" just the evil dudes or the good guys aswell?

quanchi112
Then how about specifics? Originally posted by Parmaniac
Do you mean by "Blackest Night" just the evil dudes or the good guys aswell? Good and baddies from both sides join forces against each other.

Galan007
BN.

MrMind
just like the cancerverse beings, black lantern can't be killed.......

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
BN. How ?
Originally posted by MrMind
just like the cancerverse beings, black lantern can't be killed....... So who wins ?

WhiteWitchKing
BN.

?

Nekron
Anti-Monitor
Light Entity
Spectre

Vs

Death
Galactus, Galactus Engine, T & A, Celestials
Many Angled Ones

Yeah, I think the Light Entity should be enough to match Mistress ?Death for a time. Nekron might just one-shot ko the MAO by kill off Mar-Vell. BN wins.

Galan007
^ Black rings would control them all! uhuh

Bouboumaster
It depends if Galactus is able to absorb Nekron's energy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
It depends if Galactus is able to absorb Nekron's energy. Nekron wasn't that hard to defeat or kill his body I mean.

Prep-Man
BN.

WhiteWitchKing
It depends if Galactus is able to absorb Nekron's energy.

He's going to be able to absorb it as much as he was able to absorb the Galactus Engine's energy.

D_Dude1210
^ Black rings would control them all! uhuh

Actually, they wouldn't. The Cancerverse beings weren't dead. In fact, they were TOO alive. Death was eliminated from the Universe and the living were corrupted by the old gods. But I'm sure you already know that and was just joking so I'll just shut up now. :P

IMO, dead guys who cudnt die vs alive guys who cudnt die.

From what I understand of the story, Death only able to kill Capt Marvel (the Avatar of Life and thus the link of the MAO to the physical realm in that reality) because he broke the reality's "no-death-in-this-realm-rule" and allowed Death to come in so that he could kill Thanos.

Only heaven would know WHY he would let Death come in when he knows for a fact that she'd actually would wanna kill him first. Plot hole? lol.

Anyway, as for the fight: Eternal stalemate?

Galan007
^ Geesh, I was just kidding. ermm

Anywho, despite the TI's seeming advantage in the power department, I'm not sure how they could win. I don't see them manifesting the cumulative energies of all life in the universe and blasting Nekron/the BL's with it..?

quanchi112

Anywho, despite the TI's seeming advantage in the power department, I'm not sure how they could win. I don't see them manifesting the cumulative energies of all life in the universe and blasting Nekron/the BL's with it..? Why not ? I also see Death as far more impressive than Nekron. I mean the black lanterns get easily defeated by the Celestials alone.

Galan007
^ Certainly you aren't suggesting that the TI can summon the aforementioned life energies and use them to defeat Nekron and his horde... Are you?

quanchi112
^ Certainly you aren't suggesting that the TI can summon the aforementioned life energies and use them to defeat Nekron and his horde... Are you? I don't think that this is the only way to beat them. That's like saying the un wouldn't beat them. This was the plot device the writer used but to me I don't ever think when a writer decides to go down these paths that this is the only way possible to defeat them.

D_Dude1210

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
But I'm sure you already know that and was just joking so I'll just shut up now. :P

uhuh

Galan007
I don't think that this is the only way to beat them. That's like saying the un wouldn't beat them. This was the plot device the writer used but to me I don't ever think when a writer decides to go down these paths that this is the only way possible to defeat them. We know the UN can erase concepts. So if you're giving it to the TI in this battle (which wouldn't surprise me, even though it didn't appear in that series) then yeah, they win.

Sans that, I'm not quite sure how they'd go about defeating Nekron without utilizing the cumulative life energies of the universe..? Regardless, since that was the only weakness he displayed during BN, all we can do is spitball as to what might be able to harm him.

"Id"
TI stomps. If everyone in BN is allowed, then surely that means everyone in TI is given a green light. And we are talking the Galactus Engine, Galactus, Celestial Race, Elder Chaotic Gods, Primordial Gods, Abstracts etc..

Nihilist
If TI get Groot, Cosmo and Racoon they stomp.

quanchi112
We know the UN can erase concepts. So if you're giving it to the TI in this battle (which wouldn't surprise me, even though it didn't appear in that series) then yeah, they win.

Sans that, I'm not quite sure how they'd go about defeating Nekron without utilizing the cumulative life energies of the universe..? Regardless, since that was the only weakness he displayed during BN, all we can do is spitball as to what might be able to harm him. No, they don't have the un but my point was I am sure these guys have the power to defeat Nekron. I mean Death herself has shown herself to be more powerful than Nekron.

Also, you say life energies I mean in Thanos Imperative you have the champions of life in which they overcame death itself so why can't they do it ?

Bouboumaster

quanchi112

WhiteWitchKing
Galactus Engine is Galactus. However, Nekron use black lantern enery to do his deed.

And what's to stop the BL from turning Galactus, Tenebrous, and Aegis into BL since they've all died before. And the Galactus engine is Galactus'corspe, not actually Galactus. Galactus absorbed nobody on that battle including the Galactus Engine which had the backing of the MAO. In fact, the BL might just absorbed Galactus and use him as a fuel source.

Except that the BN crew has Nekron and his opposite, the White Light Entity. Both can directly for Death and take her out of the fight. Spectre, Parrallax, Anti-Monitor, and the Oan's can hold back the Celestials. Though, I do favor the Celestials in a fight. The MAO have done nothing. What tips things in the favor of the BN crew is, like Galan pointed out, the Black rings. Every time someone dies on the battle field the ring takes ahold of them and they become a part of the BL corps. Then you'd have to also include the various DC heroes involved in BN as well. If Nekron and the Entity succeed in nullifying Death; then the rings claim every dead warrior on the field for the BN team.

It's hard to gauge the MAO since they did nothing. What might take it for the MU is the Celestials destroying the BL.

Only heaven would know WHY he would let Death come in when he knows for a fact that she'd actually would wanna kill him first. Plot hole? lol.

Anyway, as for the fight: Eternal stalemate?

Not plot hole, it's just a stupid story. The MAO and Mar-Vell are completely stupid on purpose to make Thanos look smart. Some plan from the Mad Titan. DnA were too lazy to write a story where Thanos actually came up with a decent plan to put down the MAO. I'm gonna let them kill isn't a plan. I miss Starlin. Even Darkseid manage to look good during Death of the New Gods. Magus' scheme to trick the abstracts into reversing the judgement on the Infinity Gauntlet was something else.

Galan007
No, they don't have the un but my point was I am sure these guys have the power to defeat Nekron. I mean Death herself has shown herself to be more powerful than Nekron.

Also, you say life energies I mean in Thanos Imperative you have the champions of life in which they overcame death itself so why can't they do it ? May I ask how you think death will be able harm Nekron? Sounds extremely paradoxical imo.

Even if the Champions of Life possessed all the life energy in the universe (which they don't) that doesn't guarantee a win -- said energy has to be used properly. For instance, Sienstro possessed all the power of the White Entity, and Nekron still schooled him.

quanchi112
May I ask how you think death will be able harm Nekron? Sounds extremely paradoxical imo.

Even if the Champions of Life possessed all the life energy in the universe (which they don't) that doesn't guarantee a win -- said energy has to be used properly. For instance, Sienstro possessed all the power of the White Entity, and Nekron still schooled him. Death can destroy Nekron's physical body.

I think mar-vell seems far more versed than Sinestro who had all of a few minutes. I just feel like these guys who actually overcame their own death do so here. The only reason they probably failed is because they ran into Thanos and he's on their side this time.

Galan007
Death can destroy Nekron's physical body.

I think mar-vell seems far more versed than Sinestro who had all of a few minutes. I just feel like these guys who actually overcame their own death do so here. The only reason they probably failed is because they ran into Thanos and he's on their side this time. Sinestro attempted to destroy Nekron's physical body as well... Then he found out that Nekron can't be killed, because he is death. Death being able to destroy death just doesn't make sense to me, quanch.

In no way/shape/form was Marv on the level of a White Entity-amped Sinestro -- and even if he was, it STILL wouldn't be enough.

quanchi112
Sinestro attempted to destroy Nekron's physical body as well... Then he found out that Nekron can't be killed, because he is death. Death being able to destroy death just doesn't make sense to me, quanch.

In no way/shape/form was Marv on the level of a White Entity-amped Sinestro -- and even if he was, it STILL wouldn't be enough. One body was destroyed then he came back in the form of another. Death can also be destroyed in either case.

I feel like mar vell still had the tools necessary to destroy nekron's body.

Galan007
One body was destroyed then he came back in the form of another. Death can also be destroyed in either case.

I feel like mar vell still had the tools necessary to destroy nekron's body. Death destroying the concept of death... Penrose staircase, anyone?

Did Marv possess energies equivalent to "the living light bestowed upon the universe that triggered existence itself"..? If the answer is no (which I'm confident it will be) then how can he hope to defeat Nekron? If the answer is yes (which I'm confident it won't be) then how can he hope to beat Nekron? As I said before, Sinestro actually HAD the aforementioned power, but Nekron still owned him, along with the entire spectrum of Lanterns, simultaneously.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing Spectre, Parrallax, Anti-Monitor, and the Oan's can hold back the Celestials. Though, I do favor the Celestials in a fight. The MAO have done nothing. What tips things in the favor of the BN crew is, like Galan pointed out, the Black rings. Every time someone dies on the battle field the ring takes ahold of them and they become a part of the BL corps. Then you'd have to also include the various DC heroes involved in BN as well. If Nekron and the Entity succeed in nullifying Death; then the rings claim every dead warrior on the field for the BN team.

There is NO WAY the Oans, Parallax and Spectre (not backed by the Presence) can hold back the Celestials. They function at a much lower tier that the Celestials. The Anti-Monitor maybe but don't forget the Galactus Engine, Glactus, TnA, the MAO (that must include Shuma Gorath). The MAO might not have many feats to their name but all the MAO gotta do is do to the 616 team what they did to the cancerverse: Make them undying.

So what can the black rings do to ppl who don't die?

quanchi112
Death destroying the concept of death... Penrose staircase, anyone?

Did Marv possess energies equivalent to "the living light bestowed upon the universe that triggered existence itself"..? If the answer is no (which I'm confident it will be) then how can he hope to defeat Nekron? If the answer is yes (which I'm confident it won't be) then how can he hope to beat Nekron? As I said before, Sinestro actually HAD the aforementioned power, but Nekron still owned him, along with the entire spectrum of Lanterns, simultaneously. A death god can destroy a death god so why can't one version of death destroy another version of death ?

You're trying to say because they don't have access to one plot device they don't have the power necessary to kill Nekron. I still see Death, Galactus, the Galactus Engine, the Celestials all having more than enough power to destroy his body.

D_Dude1210
Plus didn't get Galactus get born from the energies that triggered the creation of our universe? wink

"The living light bestowed upon the universe that triggered existence itself."

There we go. wink

Hehe.

quanchi112
Plus didn't get Galactus get born from the energies that triggered the creation of our universe? wink

"The living light bestowed upon the universe that triggered existence itself."

There we go. wink

Hehe. That works for me.

Galan007
A death god can destroy a death god so why can't one version of death destroy another version of death ?

You're trying to say because they don't have access to one plot device they don't have the power necessary to kill Nekron. I still see Death, Galactus, the Galactus Engine, the Celestials all having more than enough power to destroy his body. Penrose staircase. Not gonna keep debating your paradoxical "this concept of death is > that concept of death" line of 'logic'.

I am not arguing for BN as a whole -- I'm just not of the opinion that Nekron can be destroyed by the TI.

quanchi112
Penrose staircase. Not gonna keep debating your paradoxical "this concept of death is > that concept of death" line of 'logic'.

I am not arguing for BN as a whole -- I'm just not of the opinion that Nekron can be destroyed by the TI. I already told you titles are meaningless basically it's like saying one death god can't kill another one. The more powerful being can usually always defeat the less powerful one based off powers or abilities and his body can be destroyed and once his troops are gone he can't possess another body so he is defeated.

I understand.

Galan007
^ We aren't dealing with 'beings' in the typical sense -- moreso we are dealing with concepts. Concepts who embody the same thing.

I'm not going down that path, quanch.

Black bolt z
I really don't see how BN can win.

quanchi112
^ We aren't dealing with 'beings' in the typical sense -- moreso we are dealing with concepts. Concepts who embody the same thing.

I'm not going down that path, quanch. Going by your logic all concepts from different universes are created equal. That doesn't fly with me.

WhiteWitchKing
There is NO WAY the Oans, Parallax and Spectre (not backed by the Presence) can hold back the Celestials. They function at a much lower tier that the Celestials. The Anti-Monitor maybe but don't forget the Galactus Engine, Glactus, TnA, the MAO (that must include Shuma Gorath). The MAO might not have many feats to their name but all the MAO gotta do is do to the 616 team what they did to the cancerverse: Make them undying.

So what can the black rings do to ppl who don't die?

The MAO didn't simply make their team undying. Death made Thanos immortal by banning him from her realm. The MAO's destroyed Death in their universe and thus made everyone there immortal. Notice how the Cancerverse beings don't simply reform, like the Defenders of the Realm, when they die in the 616? In a neutral setting, the only way for the MAO to make their team immortal is to kill both Nekron and Death. That or Death prevents her team from dying but that's nulled by the fact that Nekron can also claim the dead. The BN team, however, has the Life Entity which is the equivalent of Eternity in most regards (save time/space). It's the power of life/light in the universe, putting it on Nekron's level and above any of the beings on team two save Mistress Death. And no, SG is mentioned but it doesn't mean it's one of the MAO of the Cancerverse. As far as we know, SG has his own realms it reigns over, not the Cancerverse.

I really don't see how BN can win.

The Galactus Engine did nothing. It's powers can't even be gaged that well. The Celestials are not equivalent to the powers of a Eternity lite being. Neither is Galactus. The MAO got WTFKO by Mistress Death and could only enter the Cancerverse after Death was destroyed. BN team has waves of dead and converts more with an endless supply of black rings. The other corps and the Oans. Spectre, Parallax, and the Anti-Monitor. Nekron and the Life Entity tip things in favor of the BN team.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
The MAO didn't simply make their team undying. Death made Thanos immortal by banning him from her realm. The MAO's destroyed Death in their universe and thus made everyone there immortal. Notice how the Cancerverse beings don't simply reform, like the Defenders of the Realm, when they die in the 616? In a neutral setting, the only way for the MAO to make their team immortal is to kill both Nekron and Death. That or Death prevents her team from dying but that's nulled by the fact that Nekron can also claim the dead. The BN team, however, has the Life Entity which is the equivalent of Eternity in most regards (save time/space). It's the power of life/light in the universe, putting it on Nekron's level and above any of the beings on team two save Mistress Death. And no, SG is mentioned but it doesn't mean it's one of the MAO of the Cancerverse. As far as we know, SG has his own realms it reigns over, not the Cancerverse.

The Galactus Engine did nothing. It's powers can't even be gaged that well. The Celestials are not equivalent to the powers of a Eternity lite being. Neither is Galactus. The MAO got WTFKO by Mistress Death and could only enter the Cancerverse after Death was destroyed. BN team has waves of dead and converts more with an endless supply of black rings. The other corps and the Oans. Spectre, Parallax, and the Anti-Monitor. Nekron and the Life Entity tip things in favor of the BN team.

The Cancer Verse X-Men were "killed" by the Shiar imperial guardsmen prior to the Thanos Imperative, and then showed up again during the actual event, so I think they can reform in the 616 reality, it just takes a while.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The Cancer Verse X-Men were "killed" by the Shiar imperial guardsmen prior to the Thanos Imperative, and then showed up again during the actual event, so I think they can reform in the 616 reality, it just takes a while.

They were killed inside the Fault though. Inside the Fault the rules are bent. It's basically a point where different realities are mesh together. That's why the Sphinx was able to aquire two Ka Stones at the same time which he said was only possible due to the uniqueness of the Fault.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.