Wonder Woman and Superman vs. Black Bolt and Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black bolt z
1: CIS on
2: CIS off

Who wins?

zopzop
Team 2 for the curb stomp, 10/10.

The Nuul
This is a Carv9 level thread.

shokosugi
Superman OR WW solos via blitz.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by The Nuul
This is a Carv9 level thread. How?Originally posted by shokosugi
Superman OR WW solos via blitz. no expression

carver9
This is a Carv9 level thread.

Nuul, get off my n** sack. When have you ever had a reasonable debate or a legit answer for any character.

How about you go find a hulk thread to spam.

carver9
As for the thread... wonder woman solos.

janus77
Originally posted by carver9
How about you go find a hulk thread to spam.
lol, that's probably his job description to a T. laughing

janus77
I can see Vulcan taking out Superman (just drain him of all his solar energy) but not sure he can do much to Wonder Woman. BB on the other hand, is useless against Superman but might hurt WW...

T1 6/10.

carver9
Originally posted by janus77
I can see Vulcan taking out Superman (just drain him of all his solar energy) but not sure he can do much to Wonder Woman. BB on the other hand, is useless against Superman but might hurt WW...

T1 6/10.

Yeah... that's the main reason why I said wonder woman would solo and not superman. I can see vulcan draining supes dry and easily at that, he is the best of energy manipulator.

D_Dude1210
Why is BB useless against Superman when he was pretty much able to take it to Glads physically?

shokosugi
not gonna happen. fight will be over in less than 1 sec via BLITZ.

The Nuul
Originally posted by shokosugi
not gonna happen. fight will be over in less than 1 sec via BLITZ.

Shut up already. Supes never does that right off the bell.

Black bolt z
not gonna happen. fight will be over in less than 1 sec via BLITZ. Originally posted by The Nuul
Shut up already. Supes never does that right off the bell. Yeah really.

Its not in supes character to use his speed.

shokosugi
Shut up already. Supes never does that right off the bell.

YOU Shut the F Up.

Supes solos this team in 1 sec or less.

mad

Black bolt z
YOU Shut the F Up.

mad No he doesn't.No one on either team is soloing.

The Nuul
YOU Shut the F Up.

mad

Reported for trolling and your blatant refusal to understand CIS. Every damn thread with Superman type characters you either say Supes blitz right off the bell which is not in character or you spam with your b rated crap.

Either way you are annoying.

Badabing
Superman isn't going to solo the team.

Regarding speed and CIS.
Originally posted by Digi
Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels. Originally posted by -Pr-
Clarification of CIS

Ok people, here are the finalised rules as regards PIS, CIS, and everything related to it.

PIS is, as always, off unless the thread starter says it's ON.

CIS, as was said before, is now a more diverse term, but is not as vague as before.

While CIS still exists in the form of characters like Rhino (who are just too stupid to know better), it also exists in one other form.

This is known as Character Inhibited Power. This applies to characters that have intelligence, like the Silver Surfer, Superman, and so on and so forth.

As Bada said:

"It's a self imposed limitation in certain circumstances which there is concern for civilians and buildings for the most part. It's not stupidity, it's a limitation set until the threat exceeds a certain threshold."

What this means is that people like the Surfer and Superman and so on will not use the full extent of their powers if it will endanger civilians. It doesn't, though, mean they will fight like idiots. The character's personality is an integral part of the match and dictates how they will perform. This is the crux of the rules we've come up with. It doesn't come down to powers, it comes down to the man or woman that weilds them.

In accordance with this, several factors come in to play in debates:

The Opponent, Basic Information, the Arena and the Character's Personality and Experience

Those four are key.

Example:

If Martian Manhunter fights say, Juggernaut.

MM doesn't personally know Juggernaut (Opponent). So he has Basic Information. This is categorised as being what the general public would know about the Juggernaut. It goes by averages. If that average man or woman on the street knows that Juggernaut is super strong, then MM knows. The average man or woman doesn't know, however, that the Juggernaut is weak against psionics. J'onn would approach with caution, not knowing whether Juggernaut was in his weight class, and not knowing the full extent of the man's powers.

However. If Martian Manhunter went up against Amazo, he would know to go for broke right at the start, because he KNOWS Amazo (Personality and Experience). He will use his speed, his strength, his shapeshifting. This is because if he knows what it takes to bring down Amazo, or he believes his standard attacks won't work. If J'onn was fighting Juggernaut, there would come a point when he would realise that normal attacks won't work, and would up his game. Any character that doesn't suffer from Rhino-esque stupidity is capable of this. Even with this, though, the Arena comes in to play. If civilians are in danger, J'onn won't shapeshift in to a fire breathing dragon. Juggernaut on the other hand doesn't care, so wouldn't hesitate to toss cars and trucks full of civilians at the Martian.

Examples:

Thor knows he can't out-brawl Hulk, so uses exotic powers sooner than he would against the likes of Superman, as Superman is an unknown to him.

Superman would go all out against Doomsday or Despero because he knows how powerful they are. Against the Hulk, he's going to take a few punches before realising he'll have to use something rather than slugging it out. He won't bathe the street in heat vision either, because there are civilians nearby.

It ALL comes down to the CHARACTER, not the POWERSET. The above quotes are from the rules thread, pinned at the top of the CB vs forum.

"Id"
Superman solos 10/10.

Warlord
I can see Vulcan draining Supes for a T2 win

AbelAnderson
Sorry to bump the thread, but I really don't see team 2 winning the majority...
As for Vulcan, I don't see him draining either of team 1 quick enough
In my opinion, the main problem for team 1 would be Black Bolt, and with him on team 2, I do think team 2 can pull some wins (4/10)
As for team 1 , if morals off then it's possible that they would choose for a blitz so I'll give them 6/10

Sin I AM
Originally posted by AbelAnderson
Sorry to bump the thread, but I really don't see team 2 winning the majority...
As for Vulcan, I don't see him draining either of team 1 quick enough
In my opinion, the main problem for team 1 would be Black Bolt, and with him on team 2, I do think team 2 can pull some wins (4/10)
As for team 1 , if morals off then it's possible that they would choose for a blitz so I'll give them 6/10

Hmmm. Black Bolt can take a serious beating and keep coming as evidenced by his Thanos showing. He also has top tier damage output with hos voice (should he go that route) and is a decent h2h combatant. He would be a good challenge for Diana with a split for both. If it went either way I wouldnt be upset. Clark on the other hand is stronger and can take a lot. He's a tier above BB in my opinion and though hed struggle he should win a majority against him.

Vulcan is an odd duck. He's did ok against Black Bolt, Havok (while amped), and ragdolled the Imperial Guard and Quasar but he got one shot by Gladiator. So Im thinking he's good at taking on energy based beings but not so much against high end bricks. IF he can drain supes i dont think hed do it before Clark turns up the heat and KOs him. If he can't then he would be the first to go as I dont favor him in long drawn out h2h battles. Clarks a tank so hed barrel thru any of Vulcans blasts.

Diana also would be a bad matchup for Vulcan. She's a better h2h combatant, she's fast and has no weakness to exploit. Shed take a majority on him 1 on 1.

krisblaze
They don't have a good answer for Superman.

There are no matchups that work in Team 2's favour, and then you add in Superman/WW's killer teamwork and yeah...

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Hmmm. Black Bolt can take a serious beating and keep coming as evidenced by his Thanos showing. He also has top tier damage output with hos voice (should he go that route) and is a decent h2h combatant. He would be a good challenge for Diana with a split for both. If it went either way I wouldnt be upset. Clark on the other hand is stronger and can take a lot. He's a tier above BB in my opinion and though hed struggle he should win a majority against him.

Vulcan is an odd duck. He's did ok against Black Bolt, Havok (while amped), and ragdolled the Imperial Guard and Quasar but he got one shot by Gladiator. So Im thinking he's good at taking on energy based beings but not so much against high end bricks. IF he can drain supes i dont think hed do it before Clark turns up the heat and KOs him. If he can't then he would be the first to go as I dont favor him in long drawn out h2h battles. Clarks a tank so hed barrel thru any of Vulcans blasts.

Diana also would be a bad matchup for Vulcan. She's a better h2h combatant, she's fast and has no weakness to exploit. Shed take a majority on him 1 on 1. Black Bolt never came back from a Thanos beating. He got ragdolled and put down in one hit.

Anyhow team DC wins

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Black Bolt never came back from a Thanos beating. He got ragdolled and put down in one hit.

Anyhow team DC wins

I didnt remember it that way. Could be wrong though. That aside BB can take some punishment. Iirc thanos was also affected by his voice. Although admittedly he wasnt on the ropes.

Surtur
Don't see how team 2 wins the CIS off fight. Even though I believe it is PIS a majority of the time when a character fails to use their speed, a lot of people here seem to think it's CIS and if that is off..well, Black Bolt and Vulcan are kinda screwed.

Superman has a virtual eternity to attack, from his POV.

krisblaze
Even without the speed advantage I think Supes could simply power through whatever Vulcan throws at him.

carver9
Originally posted by krisblaze
Even without the speed advantage I think Supes could simply power through whatever Vulcan throws at him.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Surtur

Superman has a virtual eternity to attack, from his POV.

Cis off has never meant characters speedblitz at the ring of the bell

krisblaze
laughing out loud laughing out loud

You don't think Superman could take Vulcan? lmao

yaadaveyaa
As for the thread... wonder woman solos. .

you cant be serious ww doesnt solo this team

vulcan an omega lvl mutant and black bolt is a high end herald

with that being said supes and ww still win but neither one of them is soloing

Surtur
Cis off has never meant characters speedblitz at the ring of the bell

PIS is off and CIS is off so why is Superman not using his speed right away? Especially when one of the other people more or less just has to speak in order to inflict massage amounts of damage?

Surtur
Originally posted by yaadaveyaa

you cant be serious ww doesnt solo this team

vulcan an omega lvl mutant and black bolt is a high end herald

with that being said supes and ww still win but neither one of them is soloing

Suppose it depends on how fast this version of WW is compared to her post crisis version. Since yes she could indeed solo if she has comparable speed...with CIS off, that is.

yaadaveyaa
Suppose it depends on how fast this version of WW is compared to her post crisis version. Since yes she could indeed solo if she has comparable speed...with CIS off, that is.

i dont think shes soloing black bolt and vulcan both have way to much raw power ... one thing i guess i really dont know is her durability feats to really make a clear argument

Sin I AM
PIS is off and CIS is off so why is Superman not using his speed right away? Especially when one of the other people more or less just has to speak in order to inflict massage amounts of damage?

Pis is always off. I dont get y that's even mentioned on these boards as the threads created here arent generally or really ever plot based. Cis off means characters fight to the best of their abilities while still fighting in character. For one, why would he speedblitz a character he knows nothing about (there's little to no public knowledge about Vulcan so of course SM wouldnt know anything) and two, how often has he done so (since we go by average portrayals)?

krisblaze
Pis is always off. I dont get y that's even mentioned on these boards as the threads created here arent generally or really ever plot based. Cis off means characters fight to the best of their abilities while still fighting in character. For one, why would he speedblitz a character he knows nothing about (there's little to no public knowledge about Vulcan so of course SM wouldnt know anything) and two, how often has he done so (since we go by average portrayals)?

CiS off does not mean that he fights to the best of his ability.

They always fight to the best of their ability.

Surtur

I know PIS is always off. I'm just saying that the only other thing that would prevent the usage of speed is off, and CIS has been specifically turned off for a fight.

Can you explain to me why Superman would want to prolong a fight if he can end it very quickly?

Also why would someone turn CIS off unless they want characters going all out? I'm confused.

Sin I AM
I know PIS is always off. I'm just saying that the only other thing that would prevent the usage of speed is off, and CIS has been specifically turned off for a fight.

Can you explain to me why Superman would want to prolong a fight if he can end it very quickly?

Also why would someone turn CIS off unless they want characters going all out? I'm confused.

Ending a fight quickly and bullrushing someone is two different things. He can fight smart..size his opponent up and go for the ko. What he wont do is charge in swinging wildly not knowing Vulcans capabilities.

mighty adam
I believe supes and ww take the majority. Vulcan got beat bad by glads who would get raped by supes. Ww, hulk, black adam, etc. Vulcan cant handle bricks but i think he can give gl hal a great fight. If this was bb and thor this would be beater fight.

Stoic
Originally posted by mighty adam
I believe supes and ww take the majority. Vulcan got beat bad by glads who would get raped by supes. Ww, hulk, black adam, etc. Vulcan cant handle bricks but i think he can give gl hal a great fight. If this was bb and thor this would be beater fight.

That wasn't why Vulcan lost to Gladiator. Superman is an entirely different character than Gladiator. Gladiator may possibly be Marvel's best Superman clone as far as power set goes, but what fuels them is entirely different. Vulcan would rip the solar power from Superman, or make it eat him alive. Black Bolt would simply have to get close enough to Wonder Woman to grapple her, and all he'd need do is open his mouth. Team 2 could easily win this.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
That wasn't why Vulcan lost to Gladiator. Superman is an entirely different character than Gladiator. Gladiator may possibly be Marvel's best Superman clone as far as power set goes, but what fuels them is entirely different. Vulcan would rip the solar power from Superman, or make it eat him alive. Black Bolt would simply have to get close enough to Wonder Woman to grapple her, and all he'd need do is open his mouth. Team 2 could easily win this.
Or Superman beats the shit out of Vulcan like a sunamped Havok did.

mighty adam
Originally posted by Stoic
That wasn't why Vulcan lost to Gladiator. Superman is an entirely different character than Gladiator. Gladiator may possibly be Marvel's best Superman clone as far as power set goes, but what fuels them is entirely different. Vulcan would rip the solar power from Superman, or make it eat him alive. Black Bolt would simply have to get close enough to Wonder Woman to grapple her, and all he'd need do is open his mouth. Team 2 could easily win this. glads got beat by cannonball, hulk even tho hulk was about to die from his heat vision. And glad crushed vulcans eye. Superman would do it easier. Superman is too much for vulcan. Ww is dumb underrated with her best gear she can take on skyfathers. Bb pretty much is getting double teamed.

carver9
Originally posted by mighty adam
glads got beat by cannonball, hulk even tho hulk was about to die from his heat vision. And glad crushed vulcans eye. Superman would do it easier. Superman is too much for vulcan. Ww is dumb underrated with her best gear she can take on skyfathers. Bb pretty much is getting double teamed.

Scans of Cannonball beating Gladiator. Hulk is literally the most powerful being on the planet. Losing to him is suppose to be a low showing?

iceman24567
Lol at Hulk being the most powerful being on the planet who actually believes this shit?

Sin I AM
Originally posted by iceman24567
Lol at Hulk being the most powerful being on the planet who actually believes this shit?

Strongest yes, most powerful no

Surtur
I can't figure out why villains never just toss Hulk into space.

leonidas
there are some illogical limits on vulcan's abilities. he should have been able to beat glads by simply shutting of the electricity in his brain. he should be able to beat almost anyone that way. he also couldn't absorb amped havok. could he drain superman? maybe. supes's cells regenerate quickly though and he'd first need to LOOK for it (as he had to with the eldest.) he also seemed unable to drain or stop bb's energy or completely overcome bb's own energy control. he was, frankly, disappointing. he had potential to be a great and uber character but too many displayed limits for me to believe he could take superman (who has battled many times through draining and red sun radiation) for anything like a majority.

bb and ww could be interesting but if she gets her sword he'd be in a load of trouble. i'd def take ww for a majority but it wouldn't be easy for her. bb is pretty uber.

iceman24567
Strongest yes, most powerful no Yeah tell carver that maybe boobs can convince him

-Pr-
Originally posted by leonidas
supes's cells regenerate quickly though

This is the crux of it right here. People either don't know this, or flat out ignore it to suit their means.

Vulcan isn't turning off the sun, and good luck proving that he can drain Superman faster than Superman can regenerate.

It doesn't help that, like you said, Vulcan is inconsistent as shit (on top of being a crap character).

carver9

Blame marvel. It has been said too many times for it not to be true imo. He is the most powerful creature on the planet. Cry more.

krisblaze
Blame marvel. It has been said too many times for it not to be true imo. He is the most powerful creature on the planet. Cry more.

Nobody believes this.

If you finished high school you wouldn't either.

carver9
Nobody believes this.

If you finished high school you wouldn't either.

Marvel believes it which is the reason they have 90% of Marvel pissing their pants when Hulk rages out. Last time I checked they sent Thor along with every hero on the planet to confront and stop Bruce.

smile tears.

-Pr-
If anyone has a gif of Doctor Strange laughing, now would be the time to post it.

DarkSaint85
Marvel believes it which is the reason they have 90% of Marvel pissing their pants when Hulk rages out. Last time I checked they sent Thor along with every hero on the planet to confront and stop Bruce.

smile tears.

Wasn't that a team that comprised Thor, Invisible Woman, and a load of SHIELD agents?

Then IW alone has contained Hulk.

But not the thread for it.

carver9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Wasn't that a team that comprised Thor, Invisible Woman, and a load of SHIELD agents?

Then IW alone has contained Hulk.

But not the thread for it.

Not talking about that time. smile

She did contain a Hulk that wasn't trying to break free.

This isn't the thread for this. I agree.

DarkSaint85
Not talking about that time. smile

She did contain a Hulk that wasn't trying to break free.

This isn't the thread for this. I agree.

So we pick and choose which times a team shows up to stop Hulk? Cool.

carver9
So we pick and choose which times a team shows up to stop Hulk? Cool.

I don't get it. confused

I'm bringing up a scene. I never said any other scene didn't exist.

DarkSaint85
I don't get it. confused

I'm bringing up a scene. I never said any other scene didn't exist.

OK. So we both agree, using the team that shows up to stop Hulk varies, and thus, is a useless metric to measure power thumb up

Glad we had this chat smile

krisblaze

smile tears.

Last time I checked they didn't send Cassandra Nova or X-Man.

Because they'd put him down in a second.

DarkSaint85

Take this elsewhere, you two. Like to a BZ or something.

Blue Area Vet
Spite, BB and Vulcan 10/10

iceman24567
Blame marvel. It has been said too many times for it not to be true imo. He is the most powerful creature on the planet. Cry more. I blame you for preaching it like the gospel fangasm more Hulktard erm

carver9
I blame you for preaching it like the gospel fangasm more Hulktard erm

I'm not the one who's writing it bro.

iceman24567
I'm not the one who's writing it bro. Yet you are the one believing it even though you know its not true thumb up

carver9
Yet you are the one believing it even though you know its not true thumb up

If Marvel feels he is the most powerful being on the planet I'm not going to whine about it. Where were you when it was being mentioned who is the most powerful in DC?

carver9

Lol, X man did face Hulk and said that Thanos and Hulk is out of his league. I smell tears.

iceman24567
If Marvel feels he is the most powerful being on the planet I'm not going to whine about it. Where were you when it was being mentioned who is the most powerful in DC? Of course you wouldnt whine instead you go around preaching it even though on panel evidence doesnt support it good job following KMC guidelines thumb up

carver9
OK. So we both agree, using the team that shows up to stop Hulk varies, and thus, is a useless metric to measure power thumb up

Glad we had this chat smile

Nope, it's still usable.

Zack M
WW/Superman win 7/10.

carver9
Of course you wouldnt whine instead you go around preaching it even though on panel evidence doesnt support it good job following KMC guidelines thumb up

Marvel is feeding me though. The guy is having Abstracts shocked at his power and nearly overpowering Abstracts (along with busting through shielding that an abstract weapon failed at denting). I feel that you want the last word. You can have it.

Wonder Woman is too much. DC wins.

Sin I AM
Marvel is feeding me though. The guy is having Abstracts shocked at his power and nearly overpowering Abstracts (along with busting through shielding that an abstract weapon failed at denting). I feel that you want the last word. You can have it.

Wonder Woman is too much. DC wins.

Recently? What abstract? Also i heard banner is back and a samurai to boot. Or are u talking about Cho

iceman24567

Wonder Woman is too much. DC wins. You just want to say Hulk is abstract so just say it no expression

mighty adam
Scans of Cannonball beating Gladiator. Hulk is literally the most powerful being on the planet. Losing to him is suppose to be a low showing? look the shit up google is your friend or better yet look in cannonball respect thread. Glads said that punch shattered worlds but cannonball tanked it then gave all that built up energy back glads was beat and mentally out of the fight. Oh and glads was killing hulk in their fight burning a hole straight to his heart HULK SAID AND I QUOTE I HAVE TO GET CLOSE BEFORE HES KILLING ME. but i know i know fanboys like to over look shit.

mighty adam
I dont hate the hulk i hate fanboys like caver

krisblaze
Lol, X man did face Hulk and said that Thanos and Hulk is out of his league. I smell tears.

I suggest you reread the comic smile

If X-man or CN dhowed up then fight would have bedn over in a pictosecond.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
Spite, BB and Vulcan 10/10

So, what examples lead you to this conclusion?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.