Hulk (Current version) VS Thanos (TI version)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
Who wins?

Stoic
You know who wins... The Hulk wins.

CosmicComet
Thanos readies the pimp hand for victory again.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Nihilist
Who wins?

since you forgot to say "no BFR", then Thanos in a couple of seconds.

Stoic
To be honest, Thanos would win after a long drawn out battle, but it would not be due to pimp slapping the Hulk. Thanos simply has more in his arsenal, and his ability to bfr opponents to West Bubbaphuck would insure his victory. These two would make for a truly nasty team. Well if they were of similar mindset and they're goals were the same.

Thanos does not want to turn this into a prolonged brawl, because he would not win the battle under these terms. The Hulk would heal, and continue to ramp up in power, while Thanos would be left in the dust. In order for Thanos to win, he would need to employ a plot device. For those of us that read it, we saw the Hulk go from not being able to save a planet one second, to being able to save it the next. He does not take long to reach the necessary strength that it would take to overcome incredible odds. He did in the past, but that was the past.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Stoic
To be honest, Thanos would win after a long drawn out battle, but it would not be due to pimp slapping the Hulk. Thanos simply has more in his arsenal, and his ability to bfr opponents to West Bubbaphuck would insure his victory. These two would make for a truly nasty team. Well if they were of similar mindset and they're goals were the same.

Thanos does not want to turn this into a prolonged brawl, because he would not win the battle under these terms. The Hulk would heal, and continue to ramp up in power, while Thanos would be left in the dust. In order for Thanos to win, he would need to employ a plot device. For those of us that read it, we saw the Hulk go from not being able to save a planet one second, to being able to save it the next. He does not take long to reach the necessary strength that it would take to overcome incredible odds. He did in the past, but that was the past. Are you serious?

This Hulk was getting wrecked by Skaars spike attack, he was on his knees and had to be saved by Red She Hulk.

You seriously overrate the Hulk if you think Thanos couldnt go physical with him.

CosmicComet
After TI, I'd give Thanos good odds to beat Odin h2h.

The dude has never been more powerful with just his base abilities.

Colossus-Big C

This Hulk was getting wrecked by Skaars spike attack, he was on his knees and had to be saved by Red She Hulk.

not really, he was holding back. when he got serious he nearly pounded skaar to death

Nihilist
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
not really, he was holding back. when he got serious he nearly pounded skaar to death Regardless, Skaars attack floored him and had him at his mercy on his knees. Thanos has far far more firepower than Skaar and is physically stronger.

the ninjak
This fight will go on, and on, and on until Hulk turns into WBH and blows himself up.

Thanos survives of course.

questions is does Hulk blow up or just release planet busting energy from himself.

If the latter BFR Thanos wins. smile

Stoic
Are you serious?

You seriously overrate the Hulk if you think Thanos couldnt go physical with him.

I am serious, and I don't think that it is a good idea for me and you to debate because I already know how it will devolve into an insult contest. I'm simply not up for it, these are fictional characters. Skaar is Banners son, and the mere fact that he did not outright destroy Skaar instead of pushing the child on his duff shows as much. I have two sons, and we have wrestled, but I would never think to go all out on my boys, because... well it wouldn't be the thing that a good parent would do. Banner's personality dictates that he also see's this. To expand on this Hiro was met with the same compassion in the last Hulk comic.

Not a good point to make Nihilist. We all saw that Banner only took his belt off with Skaar when he learned how Skaar had disrespected Caiera, his mother. The Hulk could have ended it at any time in that fight. People say Thanos vs Whomever, and it's an auto-win? No. Stating things like Thanos would have beaten Odin during his latest jaunt is pure BS, and speculation. Why would Thanos beat the current Hulk? This is what I need to know, I however will not be insulted for my views, so keep this in mind in your next posts.

D_Dude1210
TI Thanos wins 10/10. He literally pwnd Captain Mar-Vel (like a little b!tch) who crushed BOTH Nova and the Surfer like they were nothing.

I cannot imagine Hulk dealing with Current Surfer and Current Nova in this way...

Stoic
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
TI Thanos wins 10/10. He literally pwnd Captain Mar-Vel (like a little b!tch) who crushed BOTH Nova and the Surfer like they were nothing.

I cannot imagine Hulk dealing with Current Surfer and Current Nova in this way...

The Surfer has only beaten the Hulk because of his power set, not because he is physically dominant. The Surfer power steals from the Hulk whenever they meet, and is able to amp at the same rate that the Hulk does. If the hulk were a magical being, and was able to increase in strength the way that he always has, he would crush Norrin. The Juggernaut of old would crush the Surfer if they ever met. Why is it that Thor does so well against the Surfer, but the Surfer makes the Hulk look helpless? Wait a sec... Hulk can take it to Thor but not the Surfer who Thor can beat? What happens if the Hulk could wreck Mar-Vell as easily as Thanos did?

Colossus-Big C
yea thanos wins.

dmills
not really, he was holding back. when he got serious he nearly pounded skaar to death Man Skaar had stopped fighting because he had figured out that Hulk was a good guy after all, and then Banner sneaked him. Nothing more.

dmills
The Surfer has only beaten the Hulk because of his power set, not because he is physically dominant. The Surfer power steals from the Hulk whenever they meet, and is able to amp at the same rate that the Hulk does. If the hulk were a magical being, and was able to increase in strength the way that he always has, he would crush Norrin. The Juggernaut of old would crush the Surfer if they ever met. Why is it that Thor does so well against the Surfer, but the Surfer makes the Hulk look helpless? Wait a sec... Hulk can take it to Thor but not the Surfer who Thor can beat? What happens if the Hulk could wreck Mar-Vell as easily as Thanos did? One of those great comic book mysteries lol. Thor owns Norrin, Norrin owns Banner, Banner owns Thor lol! That shyte is written into Marvel bylaws I swear.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by dmills
Man Skaar had stopped fighting because he had figured out that Hulk was a good guy after all, and then Banner sneaked him. Nothing more. thats not what happened, and skarr amped his strength X1 Trillion to booth

edit: it was x100 trillion

D_Dude1210
The Surfer has only beaten the Hulk because of his power set, not because he is physically dominant. The Surfer power steals from the Hulk whenever they meet, and is able to amp at the same rate that the Hulk does. If the hulk were a magical being, and was able to increase in strength the way that he always has, he would crush Norrin. The Juggernaut of old would crush the Surfer if they ever met. Why is it that Thor does so well against the Surfer, but the Surfer makes the Hulk look helpless? Wait a sec... Hulk can take it to Thor but not the Surfer who Thor can beat? What happens if the Hulk could wreck Mar-Vell as easily as Thanos did?

1) I know the Surfer beat the Hulk via power drain. However, even then (when the Surfer was being portrayed far weaker than he is now), the Hulk couldn't even hurt the Surfer due to his durability. This is not my point, tho and is irrelevant to this debate.
2) I do not ever see him crushing Norrin. They'd fight and it'd be a good fight, but Norrin's versatility would destroy him (BFR,
3) Thor would take it to current Hulk as well.
4) Thor beat Norrin decisively only once (during B&T) and many ppl can argue that Thor had an amp at the time and that the Surfer was holding back.
5) If Hulk could wreck Mar-Vell that way, then he'd be above the Surfer or Thor and equal to Thanos in power. I just don't ever see that happening at all. And even then, Thanos would just BFR him in 2 seconds.

Nihilist
I am serious, and I don't think that it is a good idea for me and you to debate because I already know how it will devolve into an insult contest. I'm simply not up for it, these are fictional characters. Skaar is Banners son, and the mere fact that he did not outright destroy Skaar instead of pushing the child on his duff shows as much. I have two sons, and we have wrestled, but I would never think to go all out on my boys, because... well it wouldn't be the thing that a good parent would do. Banner's personality dictates that he also see's this. To expand on this Hiro was met with the same compassion in the last Hulk comic.

Not a good point to make Nihilist. We all saw that Banner only took his belt off with Skaar when he learned how Skaar had disrespected Caiera, his mother. The Hulk could have ended it at any time in that fight. People say Thanos vs Whomever, and it's an auto-win? No. Stating things like Thanos would have beaten Odin during his latest jaunt is pure BS, and speculation. Why would Thanos beat the current Hulk? This is what I need to know, I however will not be insulted for my views, so keep this in mind in your next posts. You are to blame just as much as me for the flaming/bashing.

Fact is Skaars attack badly hurt Hulk, proving his is vulnerable. As i said Thanos energy is far beyond Skaars, he killed Drax in 1 shot, the avatar of death at the time Phyla Vell in 1 shot, easily beat the shit out of Lord Marvell who treated Surfer and Nova together like they was nothing(WWH never did that to guys of that caliber at once). Lord Marvel also killed Magus in 1 shot, they same Magus that had the power to destroy several (6 i think) planets at once, and not forgetting Thanos being able to kill guys in 2 shots in a universe where nothing can die.

Hulk has no way of harming or putting down Thanos, whilst Thanos has far more options, as we've seen Hulk can be hurt badly.

And i have never once said Thanos from TI would beat Odin so get you fact straight.

Nihilist
1) I know the Surfer beat the Hulk via power drain. However, even then (when the Surfer was being portrayed far weaker than he is now), the Hulk couldn't even hurt the Surfer due to his durability. This is not my point, tho and is irrelevant to this debate.
2) I do not ever see him crushing Norrin. They'd fight and it'd be a good fight, but Norrin's versatility would destroy him (BFR,
4) Thor beat Norrin decisively only once (during B&T) and many ppl can argue that Thor had an amp at the time and that the Surfer was holding back.
5) If Hulk could wreck Mar-Vell that way, then he'd be above the Surfer or Thor and equal to Thanos in power. I just don't ever see that happening at all. And even then, Thanos would just BFR him in 2 seconds. If people put Thanos up against Skaar, Skaar would die in 1 or 2 shots.

Stoic
thats not what happened, and skarr amped his strength X1 Trillion to booth

edit: it was x100 trillion

I don't know what makes people think that 100 trillion tons is nothing, but that amount of force was shaken off by the Hulk. Most characters would be turned into juice if they were hit by that much force. If a normal person gets hit by a train they are turned into juice, imagine 100 trillion tons? Skaar is a beast, and he looks like he's only 12.

D_Dude1210
One of those great comic book mysteries lol. Thor owns Norrin, Norrin owns Banner, Banner owns Thor lol! That shyte is written into Marvel bylaws I swear.

I think it's powersets and CIS and it got balanced pretty well in a rock-paper-scissors kinda way.

Surfer uses energy attacks most of the time. Thor is probably one of the best energy absorbers out there.
Thor fights like a brute when he fights Hulk. Hulk is a better brute than Thor.
Hulk has two huge weakness: the fact that he needs Gamma radiation to amp up AND that he's a one-dimensional brute. Surfer is the best weakness exploiter in the marvel roster and is also one of the most versatile character out there and uses that versatility well vs opponents.

Let it be said tho, that Thor can (and has) beaten the Hulk as well as the Surfer only losing to Thor during a very ambiguous instance.

Black bolt z
If people put Thanos up against Skaar, Skaar would die in 1 or 2 shots. No.

But Thanos does win this.

Purely physical thanos would lose to current hulk(not by much by any means though it would be a hard fight).

But with all powers included I think thanos takes 8.9/10.Or something like that.

D_Dude1210
If people put Thanos up against Skaar, Skaar would die in 1 or 2 shots.

Current Thanos is so above him, it's not even funny.

I'd say the Surfer would pwn Skaar pretty easily.

Mar-Vell pwnd Surfer pretty easily and Thanos pwnd Mar-Vell pretty easily.

TI Thanos is SEVERAL magnitudes more powerful than Skaar.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Black bolt z
But with all powers included I think thanos takes 8.9/10.Or something like that.

You serious? I can't imagine Hulk winning even 1 in a 1000 fights vs Thanos with all powers allowed.

Nihilist
No.

But Thanos does win this.

Purely physical thanos would lose to current hulk(not by much by any means though it would be a hard fight).

Thanos would easily kill Skaar in 1 to 2 shots, he killed the current avatar of death at the time in 1 shot whilst in a weakend state and killed Drax in 1 shot the avatar of life in a univers where life had won and there was no death.

How would Thanos lose to Hulk in a physical fight?

Black bolt z
Thanos would easily kill Skaar in 1 to 2 shots, he killed the current avatar of death at the time in 1 shot whilst in a weakend state and killed Drax in 1 shot the avatar of life in a univers where life had won and there was no death.

How would Thanos lose to Hulk in a physical fight? No he wouldn't.Killing current drax isn't hard.Isn't he like in the metas?I agree he could one shot any meta.

Because Current hulk is as strong if not stronger then him and smart.

Colossus-Big C

How would Thanos lose to Hulk in a physical fight? i think thanos amps his strength via cosmic power

D_Dude1210
No he wouldn't.Killing current drax isn't hard.Isn't he like in the metas?I agree he could one shot any meta.

Because Current hulk is as strong if not stronger then him and smart.

I don't believe the Hulk can generate the power Mar-Vell generated when he one-shot the Surfer and crushed his board. The same board that can deflect Thor's hammer easily.

And SMART is really something that the Hulk does NOT have over THANOS.

dmills
I don't know what makes people think that 100 trillion tons is nothing, but that amount of force was shaken off by the Hulk. Most characters would be turned into juice if they were hit by that much force. If a normal person gets hit by a train they are turned into juice, imagine 100 trillion tons? Skaar is a beast, and he looks like he's only 12. Well to be accurate it wasn't 100 trillion tons. A fact that gets lost in the shuffle for whatever reason is that some of the energy was siphoned off before Skaar used it. We don't kow how much of it was siphoned off, but the point was made in the comic nonetheless.

Gecko4lif
can someone post the mar-vell thanos fight

Colossus-Big C
so marvell is trans-tier/ low skyfather?

Black bolt z
i think thanos amps his strength via cosmic power He doesn't.

Hes just regularly is that strong through natural strength,mutation and bio and tech argumentations right?

Black bolt z
so marvell is trans-tier/ low skyfather? I'd say trans.

Stoic
5) If Hulk could wreck Mar-Vell that way, then he'd be above the Surfer or Thor and equal to Thanos in power. I just don't ever see that happening at all. And even then, Thanos would just BFR him in 2 seconds.

Not really, because you seem to leave out one pressing issue. The Hulk does not remain on a static level. People always tend to forget that the hulk has the power to punch through a dimensional wall. This is on the same level as Black Bolts stored up energy wave, and how it opened the fault. Would you be able to say that the Surfers durability could withstand a punch that could destroy a dimensional wall? Norrin leeches the Hulk's power is the reason why he can keep the Hulk in a manageable state when they fight... nothing more, nothing less. How well do you think that the Surfer would do against classic Juggernaut? Well War over powered him, and War was inferior to the current Hulk.

Thanos would only be able to climb so far with the Hulk in a battle, and then he would have to bfr him.

@ Nihilist, I'm not really concerned with who was at fault, I'm just not willing to insult you or be insulted for my views, it's just not that serious.

Thanos would beat Skaar, but the Hulk would beat him as well, it's the Hulk's son. What father would beat the living hell out of there son that had the personality of Banner? He's never been portrayed as an abusive sort, actually he is the polar opposite. His father was abusive, and he wanted to be anything but his father. Bringing Skaar up is bad, because it just points to Banner holding back.

D_Dude1210
so marvell is trans-tier/ low skyfather?

The Magus was in TI (and Mar-Vell one-shotted killed him, too). I'd certainly put Mar-Vell at trans-tier AT LEAST.

D_Dude1210
Not really, because you seem to leave out one pressing issue. The Hulk does not remain on a static level. People always tend to forget that the hulk has the power to punch through a dimensional wall. This is on the same level as Black Bolts stored up energy wave, and how it opened the fault. Would you be able to say that the Surfers durability could withstand a punch that could destroy a dimensional wall? Norrin leeches the Hulk's power is the reason why he can keep the Hulk in a manageable state when they fight... nothing more, nothing less. How well do you think that the Surfer would do against classic Juggernaut? Well War over powered him, and War was inferior to the current Hulk.

Thanos would only be able to climb so far with the Hulk in a battle, and then he would have to bfr him.

I can see Thanos actually swatting the Hulk down like he did Mar-Vell.

But even if what you say is true, TI Thanos would just BFR him pretty easily w/c STILL gives him the win.

Would you be able to say that the Surfers durability could withstand a punch that could destroy a dimensional wall?

Surfer tanked MULTIPLE direct hits from TWO high abstracts. As well as survived (for a time) being immersed in energies that would have destroyed abstracts as well. To answer your question, YES the surfer's durability WOULD handle punches at that level. However, his versatility, flight, speed and ranged abilities wouldn't even put him in the position of NEEDING TO.

Stoic
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
can someone post the mar-vell thanos fight

Mar-Vell blasted Thanos, and Thanos physically restrained him with ease. The bluster went something like, I AM GREATER THAN YOU, AND YOU ARE A FLEA TO ME, as Thanos slammed Mar-Vell into the ground.

I'm not going to downplay the feat or lowball it. It was what it was.

Colossus-Big C
arent trans tiers people like

the runner, onslaught , morg with wol, how would marvel do against these guys?

Black bolt z

the runner, onslaught , morg with wol, how would marvel do against these guys? Runner-Not sure.I'd go 50/50
Onslaught-Not sure but leaning towards onslaught

I think he would beat Morg.

D_Dude1210

the runner, onslaught , morg with wol, how would marvel do against these guys?

Seeing as how EASILY he defeated current Surfer and Nova as well as one-shotting the Magus, he'd do pretty damn well against these guys.

dmills
I don't believe the Hulk can generate the power Mar-Vell generated when he one-shot the Surfer and crushed his board. The same board that can deflect Thor's hammer easily. And utterly wrecked Nova with his bare hands, through his grav shields and all.

Nihilist
No he wouldn't.Killing current drax isn't hard.Isn't he like in the metas?I agree he could one shot any meta.He would and there is far more to say he would and has the power to do so going by Thanos showings. Current Drax was low herald lvl going from his showing from Annihilation to now

He is laegues behind Thanos in tersm of smarts, and Hulk couldnt easily manhadle guys together who are high and mid herlads and make them look like chumps like Marvell did, show me WWH or Current Hulk doin so.

Black bolt z
He would and there is far more to say he would and has the power to do so going by Thanos showings. Current Drax was low herald lvl going from his showing from Annihilation to now

He is laegues behind Thanos in tersm of smarts, and Hulk couldnt easily manhadle guys together who are high and mid herlads and make them look like chumps like Marvell did, show me WWH or Current Hulk doin so. WWH one shot hercules...

Stoic
The Magus was in TI (and Mar-Vell one-shotted killed him, too). I'd certainly put Mar-Vell at trans-tier AT LEAST.

You so easily give out the title of Trans tier for a guy that was on the block for a couple of appearances, but will not give the hulk his props when he on several occasions has completed above trans tier power stunts. Here's a few, physically stopping a planet from exploding (who does this kind of shyt?) punching through a dimensional barrier on more than one occasion (imagine if he hit Thanos, Thor, Surfer, Wonder Woman,Darkseid, Onslaught..... etc... etc with that amount of force?) Destroying a comet twice the size of earth (who does this kind of shyt?) stopping the unstoppable, or even slowing it down to a near stop. (who does this? Not Thor.)

The Hulk is undercut and underrated, at every chance. people so soon forget his upper level feats, and also forget that he can exceed even the crazy ones on his already impressive resume. What kind of power does it take to punch through a dimensional barrier? This would not effect Thanos? If not then Thanos should have never been hurt in his entire history. Thanos was momentarily KO'd or stunned by one attack from Masterson Thor.

I have a question. Where are people getting the fact that Thanos is more powerful than he ever was? He was rendered immortal but I never saw him do anything this time around that he did not do in the past, or could not do in the past.

Nihilist
WWH one shot hercules... wrong again he never one shotted Herc.

Have you actually read the story? Herc didnt want to even fight Hulk, he said so himself and took several shots from Hulk. Banner admitted that if Herc wanted to fight Hulk he had a chance of stopping him.

Nihilist
And utterly wrecked Nova with his bare hands, through his grav shields and all. People seem to easily forget how bad ass Marvell was so the can downplay Thanos showing of dominating him.

Stoic
People seem to easily forget how bad ass Marvell was so the can downplay Thanos showing of dominating him.

Apparently not as badly as they downplay the Hulk's previous feats.

D_Dude1210
You so easily give out the title of Trans tier for a guy that was on the block for a couple of appearances, but will not give the hulk his props when he on several occasions has completed above trans tier power stunts. Here's a few, physically stopping a planet from exploding (who does this kind of shyt?) punching throguh a dimensional barrier on more than one occasion (imagine if he hit Thanos, Thor, Surfer, Wonder Woman,Darkseid, Onslaught..... etc... etc with that amount of force?) Destroying a comet twice the size of earth (who does this kind of shyt?) stopping the unstoppable, or ever slowing it down to a near stop. (who does this? Not Thor.)

The Hulk is undercut and underrated, at every chance. people so soon forget his upper level feats, and also forget that he can exceed even the crazy ones on his already impressive resume. What kind of power does it take to punch through a dimensional barrier? This would not effect Thanos? If not then Thanos should have never been hurt in his entire history. Thanos was momentarily KO'd or stunned by one attack from Masterson Thor.

I have a question. Where are people getting the fact that Thanos is more powerful than he ever was? He was rendered immortal but I never saw him do anything this time around that he did not do in the past, or could not do in the past.

The Surfer has feats that match what you just posted.
1) Keeping a planet from exploding? How about draining a star of its energy enough to cause it to go Nova (Nova did it and not the Surfer, but she did it with Surfer's guidance and she's the weaker of the 2 heralds)? Star >>>> Planet.
2) Wrecking planets? Surfer has that in spades.
3) Reality smashing feats are unquantifiable so we can't really put a measurement on that. But the Surfer has created black holes as an aftereffect of his power.
4) Manipulating abstract-killing energies trump "stopping the unstoppable" as Cyttorak is NOT an abstract and he is the source of Juggernaught's power (he slowed Jugs but not stopped him as WWH and War Hulk was amped). Also, the IIRC, the Godblast STOPPED the Juggernaught and was acutally starting to push him backwards.

Point is, everything you pointed can be done by characters in the herald category. And you really shouldn't be comparing top feats vs the Surfer, he has it in SPADES well above the Hulk's IMO.

Mar-Vell CRUSHED the Surfer with such ease, it was embarassing.

Thanos CRUSHED Mar-Vell with such ease, it was embarassing.

Bottom line, Thanos would CRUSH the Hulk with such ease, we'd all be embarrassed for him.

Gecko4lif
You so easily give out the title of Trans tier for a guy that was on the block for a couple of appearances, but will not give the hulk his props when he on several occasions has completed above trans tier power stunts. Here's a few, physically stopping a planet from exploding (who does this kind of shyt?) punching through a dimensional barrier on more than one occasion (imagine if he hit Thanos, Thor, Surfer, Wonder Woman,Darkseid, Onslaught..... etc... etc with that amount of force?) Destroying a comet twice the size of earth (who does this kind of shyt?) stopping the unstoppable, or even slowing it down to a near stop. (who does this? Not Thor.)

Hulk lacks the powerset to be trans

Hell people are still putting Pc validus in trans laughing

SamZED
One of those great comic book mysteries lol. Thor owns Norrin, Norrin owns Banner, Banner owns Thor lol! That shyte is written into Marvel bylaws I swear. TBF that kind of thing happens in real life as well.

Nihilist
Apparently not as badly as they downplay the Hulk's previous feats. This is current Hulk. and what Hulk feats? punching through a dimensional barrier, any high end brick/physical power house like Kurse,Juggernaut,Thanos etc could do it whilst standing nect to the barrier like Hulk was, and the barrier isnt able to fight back unlike alot of top tiers that can take very high levels of punishment.

Nihilist
wrong again he never one shotted Herc.

Have you actually read the story? Herc didnt want to even fight Hulk, he said so himself and took several shots from Hulk. Banner admitted that if Herc wanted to fight Hulk he had a chance of stopping him. Still waitng for a respone.

Solidus Black
Thanos now and forever.

Thanos is far stronger than base level Hulk and Hulk will ahve to get ultra mad to hurt him. Thanos would knock him out in 3-4 hits. Hulk doesnt go from zero to genocidal asap

Stoic
The Surfer has feats that match what you just posted.
1) Keeping a planet from exploding? How about draining a star of its energy enough to cause it to go Nova (Nova did it and not the Surfer, but she did it with Surfer's guidance and she's the weaker of the 2 heralds)? Star >>>> Planet.
2) Wrecking planets? Surfer has that in spades.
3) Reality smashing feats are unquantifiable so we can't really put a measurement on that. But the Surfer has created black holes as an aftereffect of his power.
4) Manipulating abstract-killing energies trump "stopping the unstoppable" as Cyttorak is NOT an abstract and he is the source of Juggernaught's power (he slowed Jugs but not stopped him as WWH and War Hulk was amped). Also, the IIRC, the Godblast STOPPED the Juggernaught and was acutally starting to push him backwards.

Point is, everything you pointed can be done by characters in the herald category. And you really shouldn't be comparing top feats vs the Surfer, he has it in SPADES well above the Hulk's IMO.

Mar-Vell CRUSHED the Surfer with such ease, it was embarassing.

Thanos CRUSHED Mar-Vell with such ease, it was embarassing.

Bottom line, Thanos would CRUSH the Hulk with such ease, we'd all be embarrassed for him.

This is ABC logic at it's highest degree. The Surfer used the Power Cosmic to achieve these feats, he did not do so through brute strength. When did the Surfer ever take a step and shake a continent under his own strength? Has Thor ever stopped the Juggernaut when he charged him? Didn't the Hulk threaten to destroy an abstracts dimension in the past? Nightmare? What about Pre Retcon Beyonder stating that the Hulk was an infinite power? Will you downplay that as well? The Beyonder tested the Hulks power. He was analyzed by an Abstract being.

What about the time that Thanos was momentarily KO'd by Masterson Thor? To blindly state that Thanos is one shotting the Hulk is clearly low balling the character, when we have seen him tank some pretty impressive hits.

Stoic
Originally posted by Solidus Black
Thanos now and forever.

Thanos is far stronger than base level Hulk and Hulk will ahve to get ultra mad to hurt him. Thanos would knock him out in 3-4 hits. Hulk doesnt go from zero to genocidal asap

Yes he actually does. The Hulk can amp on a whim these days.

dmills
People seem to easily forget how bad ass Marvell was so the can downplay Thanos showing of dominating him. Man we're all guilty of shadowboxing characters feats at one time or another on here lol.

Solidus Black
so he goes from base to planet moving in a heart beat?

Stoic
He would and there is far more to say he would and has the power to do so going by Thanos showings. Current Drax was low herald lvl going from his showing from Annihilation to now

He is laegues behind Thanos in tersm of smarts, and Hulk couldnt easily manhadle guys together who are high and mid herlads and make them look like chumps like Marvell did, show me WWH or Current Hulk doin so.

A weaker version of the Hulk took it to Hercules, Namor, Wonder Man, Ironman, Dr, Samson, and the rest of the Avengers with ease, so I don't see why he could not replicate these feats.

Stoic
Originally posted by Solidus Black
so he goes from base to planet moving in a heart beat?

Yes he has, and can. When he saved Sakaar from exploding, it took him about 10 seconds to ramp up.

quanchi112
A weaker version of the Hulk took it to Hercules, Namor, Wonder Man, Ironman, Dr, Samson, and the rest of the Avengers with ease, so I don't see why he could not replicate these feats. He's also been beaten by far less and been unable to best Thor one on one. When has Hulk ever beaten the Surfer while the Surfer fought back ?

Thanos wrecks any Hulk.

dmills
Wait a minute, why is this even up for debate? Unless there's a stip that says h2h only this is no contest. Thanos 10/10

quanchi112
Wait a minute, why is this even up for debate? Unless there's a stip that says h2h only this is no contest. Thanos 10/10 Thanos would maul him in a hand to hand brawl as well.

dmills
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos would maul him in a hand to hand brawl as well. He'd better make it quick then because Banner would eventually make it a looong night for that purple Skrull face.

Actually, didn't Thanos take on Thor w/power gem h2h? If so then Quan is prolly right about h2h as well. Unless current Hulk = power gem.

Nihilist
This is ABC logic at it's highest degree. The Surfer used the Power Cosmic to achieve these feats, he did not do so through brute strength. When did the Surfer ever take a step and shake a continent under his own strength? Has Thor ever stopped the Juggernaut when he charged him? Didn't the Hulk threaten to destroy an abstracts dimension in the past? Nightmare? What about Pre Retcon Beyonder stating that the Hulk was an infinite power? Will you downplay that as well? The Beyonder tested the Hulks power. He was analyzed by an Abstract being.

What about the time that Thanos was momentarily KO'd by Masterson Thor? To blindly state that Thanos is one shotting the Hulk is clearly low balling the character, when we have seen him tank some pretty impressive hits. So youre trying to use not current Thanos who was giving the heroes a chance(when Masterson Thor downed him, which is pis anyway) This is current Thanos.

Stoic
Thanos would maul him in a hand to hand brawl as well.

Thanos would be mauled in a H2H conflict. BFR is his only recourse.

Black bolt z
Thanos would maul him in a hand to hand brawl as well. No.

quanchi112
He'd better make it quick then. Hulk's never amped himself to anywhere near Thanos levels. He can beat him any way he wants.

Stoic
So youre trying to use not current Thanos who was giving the heroes a chance(when Masterson Thor downed him, which is pis anyway) This is current Thanos.

How did you get the figures that stated that Thanos was superior to his old self? other than being immortal, I never read that he was more powerful than he was in the past. perhaps you could reveal what I failed to read.

How was it PIS? Masterson clearly KO'd Thanos.

D_Dude1210
This is ABC logic at it's highest degree.

It might be ABC logic, but this kind of logic can be applied to indicate clear distinctions in actual levels of power.

Lord Mar-Vell >>> Surfer
Thanos >>> Lord Mar-Vell

Surfer = Top level high herald

You might not like it, but the logic is sound.

The Surfer used the Power Cosmic to achieve these feats, he did not do so through brute strength.

What does that have to do with anything? The fact is, the Surfer achieved these feats thru sheer power. The fact that it was the Power Cosmic and not thru Gamma irradiated strength is completely irrelevant to this debate.

TWhen did the Surfer ever take a step and shake a continent under his own strength? Has Thor ever stopped the Juggernaut when he charged him? Didn't the Hulk threaten to destroy an abstracts dimension in the past? Nightmare? What about Pre Retcon Beyonder stating that the Hulk was an infinite power? Will you downplay that as well? The Beyonder tested the Hulks power. He was analyzed by an Abstract being.

Sigh. Taking a step to shake a continent is pointless as the Surfer has wrecked planets. Thor not stopping the Juggernaut's charge is irrelevant as his powers go beyond just strength and that is why he is high herald (Hulk is physically stronger, yes, there is no doubt). Threatening is not doing and dimensions don't fight back (given time any high herald can destroy a dimension if they're not stopped). Someone stating it =/= to it being demonstrated on panel, otherwise Thor has lifted infinite weight before (also Beyonder's been retconned so what he said has been retconned as well). What Surfer did versus TWO high abstracts trumps everything Hulkie has done vs the now-retconned Beyonder.

What about the time that Thanos was momentarily KO'd by Masterson Thor? To blindly state that Thanos is one shotting the Hulk is clearly low balling the character, when we have seen him tank some pretty impressive hits.

He wasn't temporarily KOd, he got hit in the face by the hammer when he got caught by surprise and he turned him to glass before he was able to follow up the attack. :-/

Geez, and YOU'RE accusing ppl of LOWBALLING....!

TI Thanos is NOT old Thanos. If what has been shown on-panel is true, he's well above old Thanos (due to the fact that the Surfer is now being portrayed as extremely well below him. Unlike before when the Surfer was actually just a level below Thanos).

dmills
Hulk's never amped himself to anywhere near Thanos levels. He can beat him any way he wants. Since you brought it up, just what are those levels? Strength wise I mean.

quanchi112
How did you get the figures that stated that Thanos was superior to his old self? other than being immortal, I never read that he was more powerful than he was in the past. perhaps you could reveal what I failed to read. It's obvious by what he did. Gamora breaking her blade on his skin, him annihilating billions on the homeworld of the universal within hours, him tossing around mar vell like nothing when we've seen his power capable of oneshotting the Magus.

CosmicComet
Hulk's never amped himself to anywhere near Thanos levels. He can beat him any way he wants.

Agreed

dmills
How did you get the figures that stated that Thanos was superior to his old self? other than being immortal, I never read that he was more powerful than he was in the past. perhaps you could reveal what I failed to read.

How was it PIS? Masterson clearly KO'd Thanos. Yeah I only know with certainty that his durability was amped, not sure about his power. Methinks he just wasn't showing restraint as he normally does. I could be wrong though.

D_Dude1210
When has Hulk ever beaten the Surfer while the Surfer fought back?

Heck, back when the Hulk and the Surfer faced each other for the first time, the Surfer wasn't actually fighting back.

And the Hulk still lost. big grin

Nihilist
A weaker version of the Hulk took it to Hercules, Namor, Wonder Man, Ironman, Dr, Samson, and the rest of the Avengers with ease, so I don't see why he could not replicate these feats. A pre res Thanos easily manhandled Thor,Thing,classic Vision,Iron Man, Scarlett Witch and Beast, regular classic Thanos or current wrecks them and the team you named with complete ease.

Gecko4lif
I find it funny that current hulk is billed as the strongest yet by feats he is the weakest besides MAYBE gray hulk

quanchi112
Heck, back when the Hulk and the Surfer faced each other for the first time, the Surfer wasn't actually fighting back.

And the Hulk still lost. big grin Yeah, but things have changed since then I mean both have gotten more powerful but the Surfer now seems out of his league just like was when they first met.Originally posted by Gecko4lif
I find it funny that current hulk is billed as the strongest yet by feats he is the weakest besides MAYBE gray hulk Feats themselves don't determine which Hulk is the strongest.

dmills
A pre res Thanos easily manhandled Thor,Thing,classic Vision,Iron Man, Scarlett Witch and Beast, regular classic Thanos or current wrecks them and the team you named with complete ease. I agree. In fact I'd wager any one of the heavies from TI could do it. Hell the Blue Marvel it lol!

Nihilist

How was it PIS? Masterson clearly KO'd Thanos. He was killing people in 1 to 2 shots with ease, and it took a cosmic just to put him down whilst in a weak state and 3 top telepaths to contain him. Plus he beat a trans tier easily.

laughing out loud koed he was only down for a moment.

It was pis as a more powerful version of Thor with Things help couldnt put down a weaker version of Thanos before, and every hero was hurting Thanos even Spiderman that how bad the PIS was.

Stoic
It might be ABC logic, but this kind of logic can be applied to indicate clear distinctions in actual levels of power.

Lord Mar-Vell >>> Surfer
Thanos >>> Lord Mar-Vell

Surfer = Top level high herald

You might not like it, but the logic is sound.

What does that have to do with anything? The fact is, the Surfer achieved these feats thru sheer power. The fact that it was the Power Cosmic and not thru Gamma irradiated strength is completely irrelevant to this debate.

Sigh. Taking a step to shake a continent is pointless as the Surfer has wrecked planets. Thor not stopping the Juggernaut's charge is irrelevant as his powers go beyond just strength and that is why he is high herald (Hulk is physically stronger, yes, there is no doubt). Threatening is not doing and dimensions don't fight back (given time any high herald can destroy a dimension if they're not stopped). Someone stating it =/= to it being demonstrated on panel, otherwise Thor has lifted infinite weight before (also Beyonder's been retconned so what he said has been retconned as well). What Surfer did versus TWO high abstracts trumps everything Hulkie has done vs the now-retconned Beyonder.

He wasn't temporarily KOd, he got hit in the face by the hammer when he got caught by surprise and he turned him to glass before he was able to follow up the attack. :-/

Geez, and YOU'RE accusing ppl of LOWBALLING....!

TI Thanos is NOT old Thanos. If what has been shown on-panel is true, he's well above old Thanos (due to the fact that the Surfer is now being portrayed as extremely well below him. Unlike before when the Surfer was actually just a level below Thanos).

The Beyonder was retconned, but the Hulk's power has never been, hence the madder he gets, the stronger he becomes. Would you give me a clear answer? Do you believe that if the Surfer ever tried to go toe to toe with the Juggernaut that he would succeed by defeating Cain of old? The Hulk vs the Surfer as you know has always gone to the Surfer, because of energy leeching. If he tried to combat the Hulk without leeching, he would be dominated.

I said, that the Hulk's power punching would mess up any of those guys if he hit them with blows that broke through dimensions. Now if you turn around and change what I said, you are obviously not addressing my statement but side stepping it. It has taken far less than a punch with the power to open a dimensional rift, than what these guys have been put down by in the past.

Since you brought it up, just what are those levels? Strength wise I mean.

I'm interested in the answer to this as well.

Stoic
Gotta go guys. Happy Thanksgiving to all the people that this applies to, and have a great weekend.

Solidus Black
Yes he has, and can. When he saved Sakaar from exploding, it took him about 10 seconds to ramp up.

10 seconds. my point exactly.

Thanos can turn him into a sock puppet with 3 hits in a quarter of taht time.

D_Dude1210
The Beyonder was retconned, but the Hulk's power has never been, hence the madder he gets, the stronger he becomes.

We KNOW essentially that this is the Hulk's powerset. There is no argument/debate on this. My point was that the Beyonder's power level and him being "impressed" by Hulk's abilities is not as impressive as it is now as it was then.

Would you give me a clear answer? Do you believe that if the Surfer ever tried to go toe to toe with the Juggernaut that he would succeed by defeating Cain of old?

He would. Prolly via BFR or by matter manipulating the ground to quicksand or by simply negating gravity and letting Jugs float to space.

The Hulk vs the Surfer as you know has always gone to the Surfer, because of energy leeching. If he tried to combat the Hulk without leeching, he would be dominated.

Lets seeee.....

What can the Surfer do the Hulk? BFR, Astral Assault, Ranged attack + flight, Intangibility+energy blast, sucking him into a black hole, teleporting him into space and just blasting him while he floats helplessly, imprisoning him inside his board....

vs.

Hulk punching him IF the Surfer decides to go Hand to Hand.

With someone like Loeb writing, yeah Hulk would beat the Surfer. But in a forum fight? I think I'll go with the Surfer on this.

I said, that the Hulk's power punching would mess up any of those guys if he hit them with blows that broke through dimensions.

And what I said was that ALL herald levelers have crazy feats. And the Surfer has him trumped in crazy feats.

Basing his success vs characters via the use of ONE ambiguous (dimension-smashing is NOT a quantifiable feat) high showing and assuming that he even manages to connect with this attack is a poor way to debate.

Especially when the one time the Hulk managed to punch the Surfer, the Surfer just stood there and took it.

Now if you turn around and change what I said, you are obviously not addressing my statement but side stepping it.

When exactly did I change what you said? Please indicate this so I can correct myself.

It has taken far less that a punch with the power to open a dimensional rift, than what these guys have been put down by in the past.

And the Hulk's punches has done far less than "open a dimensional rift". All characters have high and low showings. Basing that Hulk's punches will always hit at that level is a poor way to debate especially since current Hulk's punches hasn't quite done that yet.

Sr J-Bieb
Are people arguing for Hulk here? Seriously?

Also, the only thing I read here was that Surfer couldn't beat Hulk without leeching his powers... except when he has, twice.

The Nuul
LULZ @ the Hulk fanboys.

Black bolt z
How is this still up for debate.

Thanos stomps him just like he stomps all heralds.

iceman24567
Thanos stomps

The Nuul
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thanos stomps

Badabing
Hulk wtfstomps.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Badabing
Hulk wtfstomps.

happywank

Stoic
The hulk Force is coming... wait for it! smile.

Badabing
The hulk Force is coming... wait for it! smile. This post brought a tear to my eye. durcry2

I can't wait for it! durhulk

quanchi112
The hulk Force is coming... wait for it! smile. Thanos stomps.

dmills
This actually made it to five pages? Wow.

King Castle
anyone with high end 100+ strength should be able to defeat the average Hulk in a forum fight by savagely beating him before he is even allowed to get mad enough to contend against them..

i would think the PIS rule would negate Hulk's gets stronger as the fight goes on when his durability shouldnt be high enough to allow him to reach the strength lvl needed.

i mean anyone with common sense should rape stomp Hulk if they have standard knowledge of him...

imo

Stoic
Originally posted by Badabing
This post brought a tear to my eye. durcry2

I can't wait for it! durhulk

Me too... ha ha ha ha ha! Merry Christmas!

Stall_19
Thanos dominates.

Stoic
Originally posted by King Castle
anyone with high end 100+ strength should be able to defeat the average Hulk in a forum fight by savagely beating him before he is even allowed to get mad enough to contend against them..

i would think the PIS rule would negate Hulk's gets stronger as the fight goes on when his durability shouldnt be high enough to allow him to reach the strength lvl needed.

i mean anyone with common sense should rape stomp Hulk if they have standard knowledge of him...

imo

Yea but in a comic if this were true he would have lost to thor by being hit one time right? It seems that the Hulk has always been hardier than forum posters give him credit. The Hulk Force is coming, and I can't wait to read all of the hate, and denial. There will be a lot of wailing, and gnashing of teeth on that day. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Yea but in a comic if this were true he would have lost to thor by being hit one time right? It seems that the Hulk has always been hardier than forum posters give him credit. The Hulk Force is coming, and I can't wait to read all of the hate, and denial. There will be a lot of wailing, and gnashing of teeth on that day. laughing out loud I will accept whatever comes just as I always do. Thanos will still prevail too in the end.

King Castle
in comics... you see Thor talk to him, yell at him tug of war with him... trade light punches, turning his back away thinking he won before hulk finally starts screaming how strong he is gets back up restart the fight and Thor eventually realizing HUlk got strong and decides to stop holding back on the Hulk even if it means killing him..

thor then rants and they start trading city lvling punches for over hlaf an hour...

i dont see Thanos doing any of that with Hulk, no tug of war, no light punches in fear of hurting a mortal, no turning his back.. or not using his exotic powers..

Badabing
Me too... ha ha ha ha ha! Merry Christmas! This forum will EXPLODE when the Hulk story gets going. evillaugh

Merry Christmas as well.

Stoic
Originally posted by King Castle
in comics... you see Thor talk to him, yell at him tug of war with him... trade light punches, turning his back away thinking he won before hulk finally starts screaming how strong he is gets back up restart the fight and Thor eventually realizing HUlk got strong and decides to stop holding back on the Hulk even if it means killing him..

thor then rants and they start trading city lvling punches for over 30 an hour...

i dont see Thanos doing any of that with Hulk, no tug of war, no light punches in fear of hurting a mortal, no turning his back.. or not using his exotic powers..

Just wait for it, it's coming like a storm.

King Castle
the hulk fan rants?

yeh, my common sense is tingling, i feel it coming.

http://files.myopera.com/clean/files/poolsie.jpg

quanchi112
No. Why not ?

zopzop
Six pages!

Anyway, Thanos stomps Hulk.

The Nuul
Hulk = Sentry = Galactus > Thanos.

janus77
Hulk >> Sentry=Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos.

SuperiorTech
bump

the ninjak
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk >> Sentry=Galactus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Thanos.

No! mad

The Nuul
Who wins?

Nice sig. smokin'

harri
Thanos, I wouldn't say he stomps it though, Hulk is an awsome foe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.