Why some man don't care about the draft or prison

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dark_Passenger
It's a funny thing, I don't understand why it doesn't happen more. Some men, when they reach a certain age, when they have things... A family, loved ones, sometimes more than once, they've been betrayed and betrayed others. They start to realise, thsy no longer give a shit. How do you negotiate or compromise with a man that couldn't care less if he live or dies; because, he has no faith in anything and at last he wants to watch the world burn...

Robtard
Did you paraphrase Alfred (Michael Caine) from The Dark Knight?

inimalist
I disagree with your ontology

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist

Since Sept 2004, "ontology" has only been used 20 times including today.

Dark_Passenger
Originally posted by Robtard
Did you paraphrase Alfred (Michael Caine) from The Dark Knight?

Maybe shifty

My cancer has nothing to do with it shifty

inimalist
Since Sept 2004, "ontology" has only been used 20 times including today.

because there have been 20 times, since 2004, that someone chose to express what they wanted to say using accurate terms.

also, that is what a prof I had once said to me after I asked him a question in class, so it was kind of an inside joke I just told to myself

inimalist
Originally posted by Dark_Passenger
My cancer has nothing to do with it shifty

stick out tongue, I actually did lol a little

ok, but what kind of people are you talking about?

there are lots of people who no longer feel a will to live, but I think you mean more than just being suicidal or having no personal purpose.

Like, if you are referencing the Joker, the honest answer is, there are people who have abnormal brains, and for some reason they are always going to do violent things, and you probably can't reason with them. They are violent by compulsion, not out of reason, so you can't really argue with it.

But, there are very few examples of people like Joker in real life. Granted, there are a few, but many serial killers believe what they did was morally wrong. You see the same thing in pedophiles. Because they can't control their compulsions, they end up behaving in ways they can't really "reason" with themselves.

lol, I'm rambling now...

Dark_Passenger
stick out tongue, I actually did lol a little

ok, but what kind of people are you talking about?

there are lots of people who no longer feel a will to live, but I think you mean more than just being suicidal or having no personal purpose.

Like, if you are referencing the Joker, the honest answer is, there are people who have abnormal brains, and for some reason they are always going to do violent things, and you probably can't reason with them. They are violent by compulsion, not out of reason, so you can't really argue with it.

But, there are very few examples of people like Joker in real life. Granted, there are a few, but many serial killers believe what they did was morally wrong. You see the same thing in pedophiles. Because they can't control their compulsions, they end up behaving in ways they can't really "reason" with themselves.

lol, I'm rambling now...

I think sometime people get pushed, and they look for something to have faith in. Sometimes they put it in a person and if that person doesn't live up to it they might move on to another, if this person again lets them down and say, thay were adopted and put under other pressues. They might no longer care and... Snap... It only takes one really bad day after all. :-)

inimalist
I think sometime people get pushed, and they look for something to have faith in. Sometimes they put it in a person and if that person doesn't live up to it they might move on to another, if this person again lets them down and say, thay were adopted and put under other pressues. They might no longer care and... Snap... It only takes one really bad day after all. :-)

but a person like that can be reasoned with, is what I was trying to get at. I guess I get what you are saying though, the guy who shoots up his work or school sort of deal.

I don't know, I think you can ultimately negotiate with them, because they do really know what they are doing is wrong. They aren't some unrepettant psychopath, they do value life, its just their life has no value to them at the moment.

Dark_Passenger
but a person like that can be reasoned with, is what I was trying to get at. I guess I get what you are saying though, the guy who shoots up his work or school sort of deal.

I don't know, I think you can ultimately negotiate with them, because they do really know what they are doing is wrong. They aren't some unrepettant psychopath, they do value life, its just their life has no value to them at the moment.

I think sometimes if the anger is targeted at a specific person or people they no longer want to be reasoned with or care about right or wrong. They just care about taking the source of there pain with them or sometimes what they have to live for so it's no longer there. Like Chris Benoit.

Robtard
Like Chris Benoit.

That's called years and years of steroid abuse and drug abuse, though he likely had some mental imbalance prior, which didn't help with the jungle-gym he was putting his hormones through will juicing.

Dark_Passenger
That's called years and years of steroid abuse and drug abuse, though he likely had some mental imbalance prior, which didn't help with the jungle-gym he was putting his hormones through will juicing.

I'm going to agree to a point; however, many people take roids and don't go crazy..... shifty Some do - Raul Moat......
I don't want to take the thread off topic but usually it's a combination of steroids and anti-depressants.

Lord Lucien
If you're gonna paraphrase Alfred, keep in mind his line about these men not being able to "be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with."

ADarksideJedi
It is sad but there are alot of man out there like that.You just have to hope that they get out of that saying and find God.

Edwin_Jarvis
Have you found God?

Lord Lucien
Course not, he doesn't exist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.