Wonder Woman's team vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

aztec
The first encounter they fight in Las Vegas.
The second encounter the girls have ten minute prep.

Wonder Woman
Star Sapphire
Powergirl
Zatanna
Maxima

vs.

Thanos

Who wins?

TheTyrant
They all die with a single blast from Thanos.

tideoftime
Hmmm...

Let's translate that into terms fanbois might like better:

Wonder Woman (assume standard, and not alternate timeline story)
(An above average) Green Lantern (comparable to John, or Guy)
Superman, on a slightly off day
Dr. Strange (w/o being Sorcerer Supreme)
Another Superman-lite, with powerful telepathic abilities

While the ladies' certainly have the diversity of power and muscle to go against Thanos, they would be hard-pressed to handle him: Diana's lasso is unlikely to auto-win against him (though it, coupled with the efforts of the group, can make for one team-win); while PG, WW, and Maxima may, together, likely have greater strength than Thanos, his durability is such that he can take a massive pounding from them and keep going; Max, Z, and SS (with their respective powers) would have to make with *serious* power coupled w/finesse to keep him off balanced for PG and WW to make with effective subdual/blitz attacks...

The team can definitely get wins, but not without attrition; I'd have to think about the spread. Zatanna, though, *definitely* has to go on defensive maneuvers, from the get-go, as she is by far the most vulnerable of the group (though, ironically enough, also the most versatile, and therefore arguably the most needed)...

For now, I'm saying Thanos for a simple majority... might adjust that in a later post, after thinking about likely, credible outcomes...

iceman24567
I think he would get a small majority or splits with them

tideoftime
Originally posted by iceman24567
I think he would get a small majority or splits with them

Yeah, that's pretty much is where I am at, opinion-wise...

Q99
Though the team does have options like having someone go on defensive duty so Zatanna can focus on larger offensive spells.

carver9
Team

Prep-Man
zatanna: oftg!

Konton
Me thinks Zatanna tips the scales ever so slightly into the teams favor.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Prep-Man
zatanna: oftg!
laughing out loud

I like that one.

Q99
So yea, five on one, I'm supporting the team too.

Nihilist
Thanos wins.

Most of the cannon fodder go down from the first blast.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Honestly, Thanos pretty much one shots most of this team with ease.

khazra
Whilst i dont wholly agree with him, I have to sy that tideoftime's post is perhaps the best ive seen so far on KMC. Its very 2 sided and was a pleasure to read compared to the norm.

I would question whether Thanos will absorb Starp Sapphire's powers and how powerful Maxima currently is as key factors here as both could be possible instant kills which really shifts the balance of the fight.

If the team rely on a star saphhire shield to protect them all or Zatanna temporarily this could also go very wrong for them.

tideoftime
Originally posted by khazra
Whilst i dont wholly agree with him, I have to sy that tideoftime's post is perhaps the best ive seen so far on KMC. Its very 2 sided and was a pleasure to read compared to the norm.

I would question whether Thanos will absorb Starp Sapphire's powers and how powerful Maxima currently is as key factors here as both could be possible instant kills which really shifts the balance of the fight.

If the team rely on a star saphhire shield to protect them all or Zatanna temporarily this could also go very wrong for them.

Well, to look at it objectively, while Thanos is very powerful, PG can tank/endure her share of his blasts/punches before going down; WW can resist his blasts via her bracers (and possibly her Aegis Effect, if things get dire), and can endure a number of his punches (if she can take blows from Mongul/Superman, she can take a few from Thanos); and Maxima's TK shields, coupled with her own durability, allow her to at least endure a measure of attacks. SS might be able to handle one or two full-on attacks, but her shields won't hold against a sustained beam, and if he gets his hands on her for even a second, she's down. Same with Zatanna -- she's *got* to stay protected and/or mobile via teleportation if she's going to survive.

My point to the above is this: some of the Marvelites are disregarding much of the team members abilities to either directly endure (PG, WW, Max), or at least avoid/ablate (SS, Z), "x" number of Thanos' blasts and/or physical assaults. As a group, they are going to have casualties, but they have the overall strength, defense, and range of powers to get wins against even the likes of Thanos (both by the sum total of their abilities, and by the synergy advantage of having a 5-on-1 assault).

Decided to go from simple majority for Thanos to a split, with caveats for setting, relative factors, etc...

EDIT: Oh, and thank you for the complement -- *that* is also something not seen very often around these parts... wink

KuRuPT Thanosi
While you point out that these ladies can take blows from Thanos (don't really agree)... what you fail to mention is he can CERTAINLY take blows from these ladies... and even more of them.

Omega Vision
Rofl at the idea of Thanos oneshotting WW or Maxima.

Team 6/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Team 6/10 But which Thanos showings are you basing this off of ?

King Castle
i see thanos starting off with a shield raised and maybe a finger transportation blast... at the end of the day when he realizes how serious these women are an omni blast would be his last resort which would kill at least one of them and weaken the rest.

i guess it really comes down to what thanos knows about him or if he even acknowledges them from the get go...

if he finds them a non threat he wont raise a shield and would get pummeled

Konton
Originally posted by khazra

Well... Maxima is dead at the moment, so we can only really base her participation in this fight based on her average showings.

As for relying on SS or Zatanna, you could easily argue that a higher end magic spell (e.g. the Esrepsid spell used to temporarily stun and HARM a fully evolved sun eater) could be used to stun Thanos and/or weaken his defenses long enough for heavy hitters like PG, WW, and Maxima to go in for a physical assault.

How strong is Thanos' telepathic resistance? I would assume he'd be largely immune, but Maxima and Zatanna are two of the most powerful telepaths in DC comics.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Konton
Well... Maxima is dead at the moment, so we can only really base her participation in this fight based on her average showings.

As for relying on SS or Zatanna, you could easily argue that a higher end magic spell (e.g. the Esrepsid spell used to temporarily stun and HARM a fully evolved sun eater) could be used to stun Thanos and/or weaken his defenses long enough for heavy hitters like PG, WW, and Maxima to go in for a physical assault.

How strong is Thanos' telepathic resistance? I would assume he'd be largely immune, but Maxima and Zatanna are two of the most powerful telepaths in DC comics. It took Moondragon,Mantis and Cosmo to lock his mind down whilst he was in a weak state.

Plus iirc Mondragon couldnt see past his mental defences, and she had the mind gem.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Team 6/10

Their blows are going to do what to him? Tickle him maybe? If superman treats WW like a weak feeb.. we can only imagine what THanos would do to her..

quanchi112
Originally posted by King Castle
i see thanos starting off with a shield raised and maybe a finger transportation blast... at the end of the day when he realizes how serious these women are an omni blast would be his last resort which would kill at least one of them and weaken the rest.

i guess it really comes down to what thanos knows about him or if he even acknowledges them from the get go...

if he finds them a non threat he wont raise a shield and would get pummeled He treated Thor with the power gem like a kid at recess time just having a ball. Thanos rapes them.

Q99
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Their blows are going to do what to him? Tickle him maybe? If superman treats WW like a weak feeb.. we can only imagine what THanos would do to her..

Superman's almost been killed by Wonder Woman, his throat sliced open by her tiara. So there's a bit of an analogy fail there, WW's pretty close to Superman in power.

And for offense, there's Zatanna, who did beat one of The Spectre's foes recently.

tideoftime

As said by another -- Supes *doesn't* treat WW like a weak feeb -- her strength and speed are comparable to his, she is durable enough to take sun-to-earth blows and be back up and fighting a brief moment later; coupled with her own powerful artifacts, she's a threat to a number of people.

WW, and PG, hit nearly as hard as SM, so their blows will do at least some level of harm to Thanos (nothing major, mind you, but still appreciable); couple that with Maxima being near them physically (and her TK is just about on par) and SS and Z being able to run mitigating effects against him, this is *far* from a sure fight for Thanos. It is a *testament* to his beat-assery that he would at least measure a split with this team -- it's not down-playing him, in the slightest...

horrorwolf
Thanos wins every time, but its a very long fight and this team doesn't certaintly doesn't go down easy.

Thanos is in for the long haul here, but still wins eventually.

Omega Vision
Superman doesn't treat her like a weak feeb though.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by quanchi112
But which Thanos showings are you basing this off of ? Not of thanos.Of WW and maxima.They are by no means whatsoever getting one-shotted.

Zatanna is the wildcard.

Would her saying "emoceb elballik" would?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Not of thanos.Of WW and maxima.They are by no means whatsoever getting one-shotted.

Zatanna is the wildcard.

Would her saying "emoceb elballik" would?

Would you think that Zatanna is stronger that Death?
I think not.

Also, I think that no one in the team has the firepower to do enough damage to put down Thanos. Telepathy sure as hell won't work on him, and BFR is useless, since he can come back.
And recent feat has him being put down only by Drax, a being specifically made to kill him, and by a cosmic cube. An older showing show him unaffected by a blast of Genis-Vell.

And if the girls don't have the firepower to kill him, Thanos sure as hell do have it to kill them: He has, in the past, cuberstomp both Thing and Thor with eyeblast, killed Silver Mother****ing Surfer with three punches, transmuting K'lrt into rocks, etc, etc.

In his highest showings, we saw Thanos going one-on-one against both Odin and Tyrant. We all know what Odin can do, and still, Thanos, even if he was clearly at the losing end, show tremendous resistance, durability, and powers to resist the All-Father. In his fight against Tyrant, Tyrant had just destroy en entire team of High-Heralds (with Surfer, Gladiator and Beta Ray Bill in it) when Thanos step in. Again, Tyrant clearly was the victorious, but Thanos showed how much a badass he was, by giving more a match that the entire team before him.

The girls are going down, and they are going down hard.

quanchi112
Not of thanos.Of WW and maxima.They are by no means whatsoever getting one-shotted.

Zatanna is the wildcard.

Would her saying "emoceb elballik" would? It doesn't matter if they get oneshotted or not he easily kills them and she doesn't have the power to stop him she's no cc.

BattleMage
Originally posted by tideoftime
Hmmm...

Let's translate that into terms fanbois might like better:

Wonder Woman (assume standard, and not alternate timeline story)
(An above average) Green Lantern (comparable to John, or Guy)
Superman, on a slightly off day
Dr. Strange (w/o being Sorcerer Supreme)
Another Superman-lite, with powerful telepathic abilities

While the ladies' certainly have the diversity of power and muscle to go against Thanos, they would be hard-pressed to handle him: Diana's lasso is unlikely to auto-win against him (though it, coupled with the efforts of the group, can make for one team-win); while PG, WW, and Maxima may, together, likely have greater strength than Thanos, his durability is such that he can take a massive pounding from them and keep going; Max, Z, and SS (with their respective powers) would have to make with *serious* power coupled w/finesse to keep him off balanced for PG and WW to make with effective subdual/blitz attacks...

The team can definitely get wins, but not without attrition; I'd have to think about the spread. Zatanna, though, *definitely* has to go on defensive maneuvers, from the get-go, as she is by far the most vulnerable of the group (though, ironically enough, also the most versatile, and therefore arguably the most needed)...

For now, I'm saying Thanos for a simple majority... might adjust that in a later post, after thinking about likely, credible outcomes... Team loses!

Q99
Would it be useless if we're talking some kind of magic imprisonment from Z? Spells so he can't come back?

If he can't die, they could put him to sleep or similar.

zeel
Originally posted by Q99
Superman's almost been killed by Wonder Woman, his throat sliced open by her tiara. So there's a bit of an analogy fail there, WW's pretty close to Superman in power.

And for offense, there's Zatanna, who did beat one of The Spectre's foes recently.

Wonder Woman gets shafted in most the superman fights. this WW in full armor getting swatted around like a fly is a joke. Superman>ww thats for sure but some of the fights they had where he swatted her around we just stupid.

Wonder Woman will take a shot from Doomsday, and darksied, she will even tag zoom. But a amped up Wondy against supes gets swatted around like nothing rofl. Yet WW does well against black mary (isis ba and mary marvel combined if i remember right).

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Would it be useless if we're talking some kind of magic imprisonment from Z? Spells so he can't come back?

If he can't die, they could put him to sleep or similar. Like it's that easy.

celeyhyga17
Thanos takes this without too much trouble.

8/10

superbatman86
Team 8/10.He ain't one shotting WW no matter what with her gauntlets which gives Z enough time to mojo him.

the ninjak
I guess alot of these kids didn't read Thanos Imperative.

Thanos' durability and rejuvination abilities have skyrocketed beyond all previous feats he may have displayed.

That fight he had with Odin would be a different story now.

He cannot die anymore either. He will just return to tip top shape from in a few seconds. Tiara and sword are useless now.

The Supergirls aint doing nothing in the long run.

Zatanna is the their only hope, thats why Thanos fries her first.

Naija boy
Thanos wins

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Q99

The hell he doesn't... He's slapped her away with ease and told her... to stop or he would get even more serious. This blow sent her flying away. That is how easy it was. He broke her damn wrist for God' sake with ease. Just because she is good at melee fighting and got some hits on supes doesn't mean she is in his strength class. Time and time again he is shown to be her superior and they aren't really even that close. My statement was spot on...

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak

Thanos' durability and rejuvination abilities have skyrocketed beyond all previous feats he may have displayed.

He cannot die anymore either. He will just return to tip top shape from in a few seconds. Tiara and sword are useless now.

Zatanna is the their only hope, thats why Thanos fries her first. Another true believer. Welcome aboard.

Black bolt z
He treated Thor with the power gem like a kid at recess time just having a ball. Thanos rapes them. No he didn't.

Black bolt z
It doesn't matter if they get oneshotted or not he easily kills them and she doesn't have the power to stop him she's no cc. They're not getting one shotted though.

And you don't need near a CC to put down thanos.

Omega Vision
He treated Thor with the power gem like a kid at recess time just having a ball. Thanos rapes them.
That's a pretty big exaggeration.

You don't get knocked on your ass by a kid.

Well I can't speak for you, but I know I wouldn't.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by the ninjak

Zatanna is the their only hope, thats why Thanos fries her first. I still don't see how the tiara or sword would be useless.

Cut off his arms.

KuRuPT Thanosi
cut off his arms LOL. Okay... that is likely.. how would she manage that trick when she is treated like a weak feeb?

Black bolt z
cut off his arms LOL. Okay... that is likely.. how would she manage that trick when she is treated like a weak feeb? Originally posted by tideoftime
As said by another -- Supes *doesn't* treat WW like a weak feeb -- her strength and speed are comparable to his, she is durable enough to take sun-to-earth blows and be back up and fighting a brief moment later; coupled with her own powerful artifacts, she's a threat to a number of people.

WW, and PG, hit nearly as hard as SM, so their blows will do at least some level of harm to Thanos (nothing major, mind you, but still appreciable); couple that with Maxima being near them physically (and her TK is just about on par) and SS and Z being able to run mitigating effects against him, this is *far* from a sure fight for Thanos. It is a *testament* to his beat-assery that he would at least measure a split with this team -- it's not down-playing him, in the slightest... Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman doesn't treat her like a weak feeb though. no expression

She isn't.Read comics.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by zeel
Wonder Woman gets shafted in most the superman fights. this WW in full armor getting swatted around like a fly is a joke. Superman>ww thats for sure but some of the fights they had where he swatted her around we just stupid.

Wonder Woman will take a shot from Doomsday, and darksied, she will even tag zoom. But a amped up Wondy against supes gets swatted around like nothing rofl. Yet WW does well against black mary (isis ba and mary marvel combined if i remember right).

You have no clue what you're talking about. You don't read comics. This guys knows.. Whether you like it or not... Superman has and does treat WW like a weak feeb. Sure, she's had a couple good showings... but most of that is from Supes mind raped or holding back. When he gets serious she gets swatted away or has her wrist broke with ease.

quanchi112
That's a pretty big exaggeration.

You don't get knocked on your ass by a kid.

Well I can't speak for you, but I know I wouldn't. Not at all. Thanos fought him for pure sport. You also misunderstood the meaning o fmy post. I meant he enjoyed himself like a kid does at recess I have no idea how you could misinterpret such an obvious statement.

Irl I am probably bigger than you and better looking so let's keep that out of it.Originally posted by Black bolt z
They're not getting one shotted though.

And you don't need near a CC to put down thanos. Shields. Prove they have the power to ko them.

Bouboumaster
They're not getting one shotted though.

And you don't need near a CC to put down thanos.

Most of them get on their ass with the initial blast, most of them are hurts, and Zatanna is completly destroyed.

Also, it took a CC to Starlord to put down Thanos, so... Unless Drax is on it, we can assume that the team don't pack nearly enough firepower to take down Thanos.

On the other hand, Thanos was playing with Lord Mar-Vell like he was a baby kitten. The gap of power is right here.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Most of them get on their ass with the initial blast, most of them are hurts, and Zatanna is completly destroyed.

Also, it took a CC to Starlord to put down Thanos, so... Unless Drax is on it, we can assume that the team don't pack nearly enough firepower to take down Thanos.

On the other hand, Thanos was playing with Lord Mar-Vell like he was a baby kitten. The gap of power is right here. None of them except mabye zatanna are getting one shot.

It didn't take a CC.He used a CC.

The fight lasted 3 panels...how people call anything a stomp I have no idea...

aztec
Question: Are all the Thanos fanboys the same person? Anyway, I just wanted to bump this thread.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos stomps with ease.. in fact, it's on the verge of spite.

aztec
Thanos stomps with ease.. in fact, it's on the verge of spite.

How? Can you please elaborate? Just curious.

Silent Master
Peels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.