Marv vs. V

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkNemesis
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-2/Mickey-Rourke-Marv-sin-city.jpg

vs.

http://www.jdsizemore.com/v-for-vendetta_5.jpg

Marv from Sin City takes on V from V for Vendetta.

The setting is a graveyard, V has his knives and Marv has his hatchet and pistol.

Both have superhuman strength and damage soak. Who wins this?

Lestov16
I think Marv via insane damage soak

BruceSkywalker
when i first saw the title, thought this was about morena baccarin lol

anyway, V is good, but Marv is too much too handle

Rogue Jedi
Marv gets ahold of V and unloads in his face.

Dreampanther
You guys HAVE to get me some of the weed you are smoking - V will rip Marv apart. V could stand there and let more than a dozen guys empty their guns (and several of them had machine guns) into him and at the end he was still standing... And then he ripped them apart before even one of them could reload!

Show me where Marv showed anything even close to that feat. Marv was strong, and he had great endurance - but that was about it. NOTHING he did in Sin City showed that he would do anything except flail at the empty air while V cut him to pieces.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Dreampanther
You guys HAVE to get me some of the weed you are smoking - V will rip Marv apart. V could stand there and let more than a dozen guys empty their guns (and several of them had machine guns) into him and at the end he was still standing... And then he ripped them apart before even one of them could reload!

Show me where Marv showed anything even close to that feat. Marv was strong, and he had great endurance - but that was about it. NOTHING he did in Sin City showed that he would do anything except flail at the empty air while V cut him to pieces.

The man has a point! If V lets Marv get within striking distance he will have trouble but V should rip apart Marv in all other scenarios.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dreampanther

Show me where Marv showed anything even close to that feat. Marv was strong, and he had great endurance - but that was about it. NOTHING he did in Sin City showed that he would do anything except flail at the empty air while V cut him to pieces. Wasn't V wearing a vest? I forget.

Marv should have a pair of handcuffs here.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Wasn't V wearing a vest? I forget.

Marv should have a pair of handcuffs here.

A west that was filled with holes afterwards. Even if the west had taken all of the bullets his internal organs would have been a serious mess, and he would have been fighting with broken rips and punctured lungs. I'm with V on this, he moved from the spot where he was shot to a Soldier roughly 2-3 meters from him, sliced him twice and moved on before the clip from the Soldiers gun struck the ground, and that was released the second V began moving.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Utrigita
A west that was filled with holes afterwards. Even if the west had taken all of the bullets his internal organs would have been a serious mess, and he would have been fighting with broken rips and punctured lungs. I'm with V on this, he moved from the spot where he was shot to a Soldier roughly 2-3 meters from him, sliced him twice and moved on before the clip from the Soldiers gun struck the ground, and that was released the second V began moving.

Yup. His last fight with Creedy and his men outdoes everything Marv did in the whole movie.

Robtard
Think V was wearing a large metal plate.

Rogue Jedi
Give Marv a pair of handcuffs and he wins.

Kaibs
Pretty sure he doesn't get handcuffs so might as well give that dream up.

Robtard
V's the far batter fighter, but Marv took bullets to the chest/body without armor and is arguably a lot stronger.

Kaibs
I agree with Marv's strength, but damage soak is about the same I'd say. And I highly doubt Marv would of been able to withstand all the bullets even with V's plate at the end of the movie.

Rogue Jedi
Well, here's Marv against several armed men, just like V was:

0o1317rxc3c

He got the job done as V did, but more violently. AND he lived.

The man took a bullet to the head, nuff said.

Kaibs

0o1317rxc3c

Several? V fought more than several. Way more than Marv took out. Not to mention they all shot at marv one after another. NOt at the same time.

Rogue Jedi
Meh, whatever. I see V's face caving in when Marv finally nails him.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kaibs
I agree with Marv's strength, but damage soak is about the same I'd say. And I highly doubt Marv would of been able to withstand all the bullets even with V's plate at the end of the movie.

I'd still say V in the end, fighting ability, speed and agility; I doubt Marv would ever hit him once, at least full a fully connected shot.

H2H, it'd be a unending brawl until Marv finally gets a grip and turns V into Spotted Dick.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd still say V in the end, fighting ability and agility; I doubt Marv would ever hit him once. V tended to spin around alot when fighting, right? All it takes is Marv getting lucky, getting ahold of V's coat, then it's all over.

IF he gets ahold of him, mind you.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Robtard
I'd still say V in the end, fighting ability, speed and agility; I doubt Marv would ever hit him once, at least full a fully connected shot.

H2H, it'd be a unending brawl until Marv finally gets a grip and turns V into Spotted Dick.

Straight up H2H? I'd say Marv takes it 6/10. But it depends if V fights like Kevin. Which I can see him doing easily. So who knows. But in this battle? Marv looks like a ***** and dies horribly.

Robtard
V tended to spin around alot when fighting, right? All it takes is Marv getting lucky, getting ahold of V's coat, then it's all over.

Possible, but with both their strength, the coat would likely just rip.

Kaibs
V tended to spin around alot when fighting, right? All it takes is Marv getting lucky, getting ahold of V's coat, then it's all over.

V did matrix like shit.

Rogue Jedi
V did matrix like shit. I said IF. Big IF.

Kaibs
Yeah. It's pretty disgusting. Marv just gets obliterated. That's all I'm saying.

Rogue Jedi
That depends. Is V wearing his armor here?

Kaibs
You're just not getting it. It matters not.

Rogue Jedi
Is he? Yes or no? If no, then a well placed shot (bit of luck too), and V goes down.

Kaibs
A well placed shot where? V was shot everywhere imaginable and managed to live. He infact walked out of a blown up building alive and pissed off.

Rogue Jedi
A well placed shot where? V was shot everywhere imaginable and managed to live. He infact walked out of a blown up building alive and pissed off. Head.

Kaibs
V is a bullet timer. That just wouldn't happen.

Rogue Jedi
Improbable, not impossible.

Kaibs
You're right. Marv probably has like a 0.1 percent chance. So it's not exactly impossible.

Rogue Jedi
And zero chance of getting ahold of V?

Kaibs
You'd have to make the scenario drastically in Marv's favor for that to happen. Place V in place of Marv when he fought Kevin the first time. Kevin's neck would of been broke in seconds all while V would be talking.

Rogue Jedi
One thing has nothing to do with the other.

Kaibs
I"m just giving you an idea of how fast V is compared to Marv. Which in turn gives you a general idea of how bad he would die. Even strength wise V isn't that much weaker than Marv.

Rogue Jedi
Probably.

Darth Martin
I'd actually go with Marv.

KingD19
Basically V makes Kevin look slow, he's about as strong as Marv, and has comparable damage soak. Give him his knives, and he slices Marv to ribbons in a few seconds.

Utrigita

0o1317rxc3c

Yet there is a enormous difference in the two scenarios, with V's being far more impressive.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.