Movie Trivia challenge:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GOONIEGIRL
Ok...let me pick at your brains here. I used to watch this movie alot in the late 80's/early 90's and forever I could not think of the title until recently. I want to see if anyone in here can name the title of this movie off hand, as it took me years to finally figure it out. Here are some hints:

Australian outback, small class with children of all ages, mask wearing criminals drive them out into the wilderness where they have to try to survive and escape them resulting in multiple deaths.

Go for it! Take me on!

Happy Dance

mechmoggy
Eerrrrrrrrrm....... Skippy? big grin

GOONIEGIRL
Nope...Keep trying! big grin

Bad Boy
Neighbours!

GOONIEGIRL
Nope...let me give you another hint:

It shares the title with a well known sci-fi action movie about a high tech jail.

LanceWindu
I have no idea.

Alphamale
"Fortress" ???

GOONIEGIRL
RIGHT! Fortress is correct.

Alphamale
The Alphamale proves his power once again!!

finti
some powers roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alphamale
Got the name of the movie , nobody else did, including you finti!

GOONIEGIRL
Way to go Alphamale! Did you ever watch that movie? I haven't seen it in 10+ years. I think I am going to buy it because I liked it so much growing up.

finti
Fortress sucked

zimbo
true

finti
kind of having a hard time searching forth those crappy crap movies from MY EXTREMLY HUGE DATABANK between my shouldersbig grinbig grin

Alphamale
So what if you think it sucked( I thought it was okay, I dont know about "sucked"winkShe asked for the name of the movie, and I gave it to her!

Dont be mad cause you couldnt think of the title!

crappy and good, I have a extensive collection of all kinds of movies in my huge one (data base between my shoulders,that is)

finti
aint mad at all just telling you that not all of us remembers bad movies

Alphamale
I know, just joshing ya! Its my afflection actually! I just have a great (sometimes uncanny) memory when it comes to movies!

finti
bad ones it seems big grin

Alphamale
Now now finti, lets play nice! My memory will serve me for all kinds of movies. Do you dare to "test" me???

Alphamale
By the way finti, since you knew about the movie "Tuff Turf", I have to ask , did you like that movie? Its one of my guilty pleasures-type movies!

Did you know that bit of trivia I stated about the movie.About Jim Carroll being in the movie?You know the movie "Basketball Diaries" was about him, right?

finti
I remember it was ok when I saw it in 85 or 86 (19 that is big grin) didnt connect the Carroll thing though, yes I know the film you are refering too Baketball diaries, but it have been too long since I have seen Tuff Turf. Dont think I would have made the connection though

Alphamale
Cool, Ireally like the movie, I know its kinda of cheesy , but I still love it, especially Kim!

GOONIEGIRL
laughing out loud

finti
oh a teenage infatuation big grin cool eek!

finti
ok Alphamale
it is about three friends who are in the business of freighting things in a boat, they have to go ashore and stumbles uppon an Soviet radio listening/spying station (the film is from 1985)

Alphamale
What business did you say? State it in another way , please?

Alphamale
Also the rules are to say what type of movie it is... horror , action, drama, comedy..etc!

finti
action movie, they are in the business cargo freight.

Alphamale
Is the cargo illegal or legal and are you positive about the year 1985?

finti
yes sure about the 1985, and you want all the clues right away?

Alphamale
No, I havent asked for a clue yet? Just confirming what you said so we dont have mistakes in your set up.

You are aloud to ask yes or no questions , so " Is the cargo they ship illegal?

finti
no

Alphamale
Okay finti, I need a clue about ...say one of the actors .

finti
he has done tons of films

Julie
who?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.