Spirit of Confusion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deja~vu
There are so many denominations out there all with their truths that you must believe. If not, then you must be deceived and so you must be deceived by the "Spirit of Delusion/Confusion." Of course that spirit is of the Devil as we are told. Anything that is not taught by these/that seminary school is where these teachings come from. They are of a different thought contrary from "The real truth," of god as taught by other theological schools. It's not about the Bible at all, if that were so, then there would be even more confrontational views. ( Think Sadder still ) Why are these schools teachings more important than the Bible its' self? Wouldn't one wonder why people involved in those schools understand that these schools are teaching views from a certain perspective instead of what the Bible actually teaches in the first place? Why are all the different views full of holes? They all teach just certain portions of "The Word." Don't their followers follow along and see this when the Word is read? Don't they wonder why certain scriptures are left out?

Yet when you get such views as "We are all believing in the same thing, yet calling it by another name(s), i.e. god, source, the Am. etc," then it really doesn't matter, and they are lumpted into other catagories, and taught to be demonized beliefs?

So, the Bible teaches the "Spirit of Confusion" as being from the Devil and yet it is all over the protestant churches. What does that make those churches?

Should seminary schools be re-looked at? Are they the destroyers of peace? What would be another alternative.

Mindship
"Nothing is as common as the desire to be remarkable" (Shakespeare), and 'knowing the REAL truth' about God is about as 'remarkable' as one can get.

Alternative? It would help to remind people not to confuse the map with the territory.

The MISTER
Originally posted by Mindship
"Nothing is as common as the desire to be remarkable" (Shakespeare), and 'knowing the REAL truth' about God is about as 'remarkable' as one can get.

Alternative? It would help to remind people not to confuse the map with the territory. We're all remarkable from birth, it's a shame that people don't think so sometimes. Truth is probably simple enough for children to understand. Adults are the ones who reject simplicity as too easy.

I personally don't believe that God favors any denominations at all. He deals with creatures individually if he is fair.

Mindship
Originally posted by The MISTER
We're all remarkable from birth... I hear ya, but I think Shakespeare meant it in the fashion of "Nothing is as common as the desire to be remarkable ."

I personally don't believe that God favors any denominations at all. I would agree. That seems to be a notion, though, many people ignore.

King Kandy
I'd like to hear about your experiences at these schools, DV. I have never attended any religion school, so i'd be interested in understanding what motivated you to discuss this.

Deja~vu
Remember that any church you attend, the Pastor/Minister/Priest had to attend his Seminary school or theological school. Those certain schools are not lead by the Bible really, but by the denominations like Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterian..etc, interpretation of what the Bible says.

That is why when you go, lets say, to a Baptist church, they will put a lot of emphasis on Baptism because that is their stance. And lets say, Presbyterians put a lot of emphasis on the 10 Commandments, which the Baptist do not do. Baptists really sorta disregard them as they believe that being baptised gets you to heaven. The Catholics believe more in the rituals and ceremonies along with the 10 Commandments. It's really much more in depth than that though.

Some churches teach, "Once saved, only saved," others believe Baptism at birth, some teach predestination while others do not and all this divides people. They believe that it is only their way that is correct and the rest of the people must be converted or they are forever lost. Some believe that speaking-in-tongues is a sign that you are filled with the Holy Spirit and if you don't believe like they do and speak in tongues, then you are not anointed and saved from Hell. Some teach, like the Seventh Day Adventists, that you must keep the 10 Commandments and that includes keeping the Sabbath, which is on Saturday or you will get annihilated. They don't believe in Hell as a place of torment, you just burn up once and for all. Others believe that the Sabbath is Sunday, but really it is not. The Holy Roman Church changed it from Saturday to Sunday around 364 (or somewhere around there) at one of their council meetings. They also voted on Jesus being God, otherwise he wasn't considered God at that time. It was voted in. It was also voted in about women having a soul or not, and Christmas, Easter and some other Holidays were instituted. Those original dates were pre-Bible and were Pagan in origin. It was just a way to bring the Pagans into the Christian church. Christmas is not in the Bible since it was written my Jews and the Jews don't believe in Christ.

The Christian church stole the Bible or at least the Old Testament/Torah from the Jews and then condemned them as of Satan because the Jews refused to follow the New Testament.

I'm rambling now. Lol, but do get a little bit of an idea what these schools are about? They divide people. They all have little rules that make them special unto themselves. They all focus on different aspects of what the Bible says and then they teach it as their main platform.

I first realized all this when I was visiting different churches and started paying attention to what Bible verses they were quoting. I was really puzzled why sometimes a whole chapter would be read, but leaving out one verse or a few and why they skipped around so much when reading. Why one verse? So, I started doing some research on it and it lead me to many years of it. Haha. I bought books and, well, it kind of became my little hobby. However, I lost a lot of friends because of this. LOL (sadly it really isn't that funny) I did lose a lot of friends because I was challenging churches believes. They would call me a heretic. And that's just not cool.

Digi
Yeah, as to the quote, if everyone's remarkable, no one is. By its very definition (its colloquial one, at least), being remarkable precludes much company.

The MISTER
Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, as to the quote, if everyone's remarkable, no one is. By its very definition (its colloquial one, at least), being remarkable precludes much company. Each individual has a remarkable view of the world. Their personal experience will be unique to them, as nobody else has ever had it or will ever have it. That makes each individual remarkable to themselves at the least.

long pig
you realize you kinda blasphemed the holy spirit....right. the spirit of slumber stupor blindness is not from satan. thats gods doing. not everyone is meant to hear or understand the word of god....much less be saved. jesus was asked why he spoke in riddles and he said that he didnt want to speak plainly because he didnt want some people to be saved. it's for thier own good that they remain ignorant. the spirit of stupor makes someone innocent....not accountable. they will be taught during the millenium by christ and others. its part of grace and will save them from hell. christ once before went to hell to preach to and convert those who didnt have a real chance. and he'll do that again. those who have no faith and are atheist are blinded to the truth and cant see it....they are made that way by god on purpose.

Deja~vu
eek!

I'm speachless

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.