How I'd survive a zombie apocalypse .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
some new weapons (must be easy to carry, load, fire, and reload)

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4ebtj1jR7c?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/p4ebtj1jR7c?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kzuC8mo6mTI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kzuC8mo6mTI?fs=1&hl=en_US&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

to take a head off nice and easy
http://woodside.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341f9d6353ef011572530ed7970b-pi

http://www.dubdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/globecruiser.jpg

Thermagel flame throwers
http://img.chan4chan.com/img/2010-07-21/NGM_FlameThrower.jpg

Padded armor
http://images.leatherup.com/images/product/large/B9119-Padded-Jacket_1181868120.jpg http://i42.tinypic.com/2napd9y.jpg

Helmet with night vision in it.
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm295/PIWYRMEMBERGALLERY/Icedog/evoline%20review/evo7.jpg

and a couple good books
http://adaptiveblue.img.s3.amazonaws.com/books/ultimate_survival_guide/john_wiseman/smallhttp://www.hauntedamericatours.com/zombie/ZOMBIE%20SURVIVAL%20GUIDE.jpg

add yours

Dave_97
this is why i want to move to america.
we cant have flamethrowers in canada.

Phoenix3068
Come to America Dave and you will face the worst thing of all.

Rogue Jedi
Flamethrower? Fail. An SSG or Minigun would be better.

Phoenix3068
Flamethrower + Zombies = Flaming Zombies.
Twice the Danger, Twice the COMEDY! Next week on ABC

A-B-C, FAAAMILY

Rogue Jedi
But they'll keep coming. Watch Dawn of the dead.

Phoenix3068
You need a Chopper. Then you're set (until they pull a Dead Rising on you and some how magically appear in the Chopper)

Rogue Jedi
Nah, the vehicle he has is fine. I'd opt for a 4x4 Chevy Suburban.

Phoenix3068
Grenades?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Nah, the vehicle he has is fine. I'd opt for a 4x4 Chevy Suburban.

Cos you're a stupid hillbilly.

Introducing the Aton-Impulse Viking 2992.

Uf5m2cKu0IU

Now it could use a few mods first, namely having the 90hp 4-banger removed and replaced with a Chevy LS-series v8 or preferably a Cummins Turbo-Diesel, mods to handle the extra power and bullet resistant glass.

Kaibs
Lol Rob never fails to make me laugh. Well played sir.

Phoenix3068
bullet resistant glass... why does that sound like a dumb idea in a zombie invasion in which a zombie is at your door and you need to shoot it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Cos you're a stupid hillbilly.

Introducing the Aton-Impulse Viking 2992.

Uf5m2cKu0IU

Now it could use a few mods first, namely having the 90hp 4-banger removed and replaced with a Chevy LS-series v8 or preferably a Cummins Turbo-Diesel, mods to handle the extra power and bullet resistant glass. Why would someone need a vehicle like that? Bit overkill, not to mention way impractical. What if you get a flat tire? What if it breaks down? Where you gonna find a tire or a part? A Suburban, well, just walk into any Auto zone and you're set.

So yeah, take your big wheel, I'll take the suburban.

Robtard
Why would someone need a vehicle like that? Bit overkill.

It's a purposely built go anywhere rescue vehicle. Snow, mud, rocks, sand, water, it can do it all. Though I'm sure there's rich douche-bags in Germany driving it to go polka dancing.

edit: see you added and I do agree, 4x4 Suburban would be a good ZA vehicle.

RE: Blaxican
Well, I think that's the point. Those tires can probably tank anything this side of a nuke.

It's not like they carry extra treads for Tanks when they deploy them... they just build the treads so they don't break. >_>

Rogue Jedi
It's a purposely built go anywhere rescue vehicle. Snow, mud, rocks, sand, water, it can do it all. Though I'm sure there's rich douche-bags in Germany driving it to go polka dancing.

edit: see you added and I do agree, 4x4 Suburban would be a good ZA vehicle. Lotsa cargo space. Lots of room for guns, food, water, banjos and garden utensils. Preferably with a winch on the front bumper.

Phoenix3068
I think your missing the point. Either way I'll be the gunman for whoever gives the most guns X3

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
I think your missing the point. Either way I'll be the gunman for whoever gives the most guns X3 I'd have quite a few, my Dad has a friggin' arsenal. Shotguns, AR15, SKS, mini14, lotsa pistols.

That ACDC Chick
i know ive already planned this out, just need to remember where i posted it mhmm

Phoenix3068
*hugs RJ* I have my ride incase a Zombie Apocalypse falls upon us! big grin

Rogue Jedi
*hugs RJ* I have my ride incase a Zombie Apocalypse falls upon us! big grin He also has two suburbans, a dump truck, and a Camaro yes

Robtard
I think your missing the point. Either way I'll be the gunman for whoever gives the most guns X3

7Nug5FZgxuk

That ACDC Chick
well, i couldnt find my plan of action, but i did find my "Rules" stick out tongue
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
Trust, but not too easily
Don't waste ammo
Kill it before it kills you
Look for signs of any kind
Always check the backseat
Shotgun Rain, always
Always look on the bright side of life
Know where you're going
Have a plan
Take a breather every once in a while
Never give up

guess ill go draw up my plan of action/survival now mhmm

Robtard
well, i couldnt find my plan of action, but i did find my "Rules" stick out tongue

You forgot: Never miss an opportunity to Roundhouse.

Rogue Jedi
Best weapon to have:

VVROeqRYdoM

That ACDC Chick
voila
it isnt perfect, i know, but its a plan srug

In a "Real world"/"Non ideal" situation-

Step 1: As soon as you realize shit has hit the fan, book it to the mall.
Step 2: Find a delivery truck of some kind, then raid all usefull items, and clean out Gander Mountain of all their survival gear, guns and ammo.
Step 3: Find a place to fortify oneself, idealy in the mountains near a sourse of fresh water, cut off from civilization with fertile soil to grow food once rations run out.
Step 4: Profit $$$

In an "Ideal" Situation, i'd be rich thanks to my books and have already had everything set up in the mountains, as pointed out above. also i would already have an ample supply of guns, ammo and food stored in a special room if not a vault in my basement. there are fallout shelters that i believe are still useable around my city, so itd only be a matter of hop-scotching my way through them, hiding whatever form of transportation im using everytime, in order to make it to my destination

That ACDC Chick
You forgot: Never miss an opportunity to Roundhouse.
maybe for your rules, but unless the zombie is already on the ground for me to curb-stomp at ease, i dont do kicking srug

Phoenix3068
First thing that your gonna have to worry about in a ZA is Human Hostility.

That ACDC Chick
First thing that your gonna have to worry about in a ZA is Human Hostility.

which is why i say VVV
Trust, but not too easily

Robtard
maybe for your rules, but unless the zombie is already on the ground for me to curb-stomp at ease, i dont do kicking srug

Better start training then! Cos ZA is coming!!!1!!!1!

That ACDC Chick
as for weapons and supplies
i do prefer me some shotgun rain, as ive mentioned on numerous occasions, but its be smart to keep a variety.
for shotguns- something like a Franchi Spas 12, which is made of pure awesomeness
then something automatic- like a Kalashnikov or some kind of SMG
then pistols- like a Sig Sauer P220 or a Beretta 92
a hunting rifle/sniper rifle- possibly an M24 Sniper Weapon System
all guns would have flashlight attachments

other weapons would be- machete, axe, crowbar

supplies would include- food, tools, bolt cutter, some form of entertainment, medical supplies, seeds, a knife

clothing optional- a neck guard and possibly a motorcycle jacket. i think itd be best to keep as lightweight as possible cause id already be weighed down by weapons and various things when i and/or other survivors go scavenging. i dont think a helmet is such a goo option cause what if you get bitten and your friends cant shoot you to end your misery? sad

Rogue Jedi
Machete is fail.

That ACDC Chick
how so? hmm

Rogue Jedi
Because it'll get stuck in bone. A katana would be better, a more narrow blade.

That ACDC Chick
katana is a ***** to keep sharp and would break after a while
thats why youd dual weild a Machete/Pistol combo or what have you so while youre wrenching the blade free just go *BANG* *BANG* *BANG*!!!

Rogue Jedi
Shotgun>>>>>>>>machine gun and pistol.

Blunt weapons>>>>>>>>>bladed weapons.

That ACDC Chick
pistols are always good combined with shotgun rain cause shotguns take a while to reload, so while youre reloading, you can pick off zombies straggling over towards you

really, as long as you kill them, it doesnt matter bladed or blunt

Rogue Jedi
Shaun of the Dead.

That ACDC Chick
yeah, that movie ended up with the menslaving the zombies, i highly doubt that would happen IRL
im thinking long-term, youre thinking more like Shaun of the Dead

Rogue Jedi
If I had to settle for a rifle, I'd go old school, like an M-14.

mikeydude
bullet resistant glass... why does that sound like a dumb idea in a zombie invasion in which a zombie is at your door and you need to shoot it.
Zombies can break through regular glass, Dummy.Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Why would someone need a vehicle like that? Bit overkill, not to mention way impractical. What if you get a flat tire? What if it breaks down? Where you gonna find a tire or a part? A Suburban, well, just walk into any Auto zone and you're set.

So yeah, take your big wheel, I'll take the suburban.
Personally I would find a old truck that is able to work on and enhance.
Then add a Bobcat like bucket on the front, and the suspension to move it like a Bobcat....

As for weapons, I would choose something like a nice size blade.
And a MiniGun in the back of my truck along with two sawed off 20Gauge shotguns, and a pair of 32. Revolvers.
Oh, and an Intervention.
I like Sniping.

Rogue Jedi
You'd do well to team up with me.

dadudemon
I'd just drive to RJ's place with my family. "Analysis" shows that living near water is one of the best options during a zombie apocolypse. Besides, my vitamins and protein powders, that I would bring with me, could become key to our survival.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
I'd just drive to RJ's place with my family. "Analysis" shows that living near water is one of the best options during a zombie apocolypse. Besides, my vitamins and protein powders, that I would bring with me, could become key to our survival. We will ROCK THEM.

the ninjak
We have an ocean side prison near my city.
Very well fenced off, grow lots of vegetables and pigs with other survivors and kill all the psychos.
We'll need milk vegies and meat for rare occasions. So we'll have to fight to start off with goats pigs and seeds.
Lots of weapons there too.
We will slowly take ground but not too far.
The worst enemy would be the other survivors.
Yeah I read Walking Dead. stick out tongue

Prepare some boats for emergency evac to the many islands where we will also have lots of crops.

A world wide zombie apoc would do the world some good.

Phoenix3068
I'd stick with RJ so my transportation is secured,
while it'd be rough to trust people who very well might betray you and kill you for your supplies; without them you might not last more than a day if that. I'd probably go with something along the lines of an M4 Carbine with multiple attachments, including of course a Silencer and some variation of scopes for more accurate shots. Of course if your not a good marksman this would be a BAD option as the M4 isn't very good for taking something out.
I agree with the AK-47, it's fairly if not incredibly reliable and that's what your gonna want during a ZA. Something that you can fire without jamming and AK's don't jam often because of how they're made. Longer magazines would make for a much better choice; clear ones also tend to be better in my case incase you lose yourself firing and have no clue how many shots you have left in the midst of battle.
I like the Idea of an M14 or M21, you want a faster/accurate rifle to take them down and something like the Intervention has too much time based between shots that they could gain too much distance on you. Three guns isn't a problem if we have transportation.
Handgun wise, go with dual style I like the M1911 because of its ease and power. Like I said, if we're in a vehicle, most weapons can help; shotguns don't make much sense to me because if your moving you don't need to worry much about close range unless they can move at over 50mph.
I doubt that flashbang or smoke bombs will help at all; as far as I know zombies won't be too effected by the blinding abilities of these.

I'd go with a regular T-shirt, something not too big to reduce wind. I have some tactical gear but I'd only keep that at a minimum to protect myself from other survivors and environmental damage but I'm definitely keeping it light (note: shorter hair is better in this case)

Keeping food that doesn't spoil is also a good plan; Sorry boys there might be a lack of meat.

Fresh Water is good, we'd need medical supplies too, getting sick is a very bad thing at times like this.

Okay so that's my contributions for now =) and by the way, calling me an dummy because I feel that having bullet proof glass is pointless against Zombies because you'll need to shoot them. Yeah you're right, because zombies can't rip doors off, rip through metal, and quite possibly break bullet proof glass as in many cases they have been proven to be decently strong. Now of course, I would love to ridicule anyone who says the phrase "But you're talking about movies, this is real life" when it comes to how strong zombies are =)

mikeydude
You'd do well to team up with me. Originally posted by dadudemon
I'd just drive to RJ's place with my family. "Analysis" shows that living near water is one of the best options during a zombie apocolypse. Besides, my vitamins and protein powders, that I would bring with me, could become key to our survival.
I think going to Canada would be the best of choices just because, if we go near the Great Lakes then we have water, if we need open land to live, Its Canada. Plus the mountians would be a good resourse for our advantage.
Anyone know how to pilot any big machinery like an Apache.

I'd stick with RJ so my transportation is secured,
while it'd be rough to trust people who very well might betray you and kill you for your supplies; without them you might not last more than a day if that. I'd probably go with something along the lines of an M4 Carbine with multiple attachments, including of course a Silencer and some variation of scopes for more accurate shots. Of course if your not a good marksman this would be a BAD option as the M4 isn't very good for taking something out.
AK's JAM ALL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!
I like the Idea of an M14 or M21, you want a faster/accurate rifle to take them down and something like the Intervention has too much time based between shots that they could gain too much distance on you. Three guns isn't a problem if we have transportation.
Handgun wise, go with dual style I like the M1911 because of its ease and power. Like I said, if we're in a vehicle, most weapons can help; shotguns don't make much sense to me because if your moving you don't need to worry much about close range unless they can move at over 50mph.
I doubt that flashbang or smoke bombs will help at all; as far as I know zombies won't be too effected by the blinding abilities of these.

I'd go with a regular T-shirt, something not too big to reduce wind. I have some tactical gear but I'd only keep that at a minimum to protect myself from other survivors and environmental damage but I'm definitely keeping it light (note: shorter hair is better in this case)

Keeping food that doesn't spoil is also a good plan; Sorry boys there might be a lack of meat.

Fresh Water is good, we'd need medical supplies too, getting sick is a very bad thing at times like this.

Okay so that's my contributions for now =) and by the way, calling me an dummy because I feel that having bullet proof glass is pointless against Zombies because you'll need to shoot them. Yeah you're right, because zombies can't rip doors off, rip through metal, and quite possibly break bullet proof glass as in many cases they have been proven to be decently strong. Now of course, I would love to ridicule anyone who says the phrase "But you're talking about movies, this is real life" when it comes to how strong zombies are =)
Zombies still need to see, they cant just go on walking and shit without sight. So, your arguement is invalid. Chief.

Zombies Dear, are superhuman beings with no thought process but to Feed.
They can do a number of things, like run without getting fatigued, use they're own bodies a can-openers. Oh, and they WILL kill other zombies to achieve they're goal.
Personally im sure John will agree with me on this, but your choice in weapons is poor, all of those guns are junk. the M1Carbine maybe the only one usefull if in case you need to take out a avrage number of zombies in a zip.
But there is always other things for that situation.

Im sure most people who have some sort of sanity, will resort to leaning on other people to live with. I personally would go nuts if I was the last alive.
I have a fear of being alone. When I watched I am Legend for the first time I knew his pain. I actually cried, because I have felt that way before.
But when the shit hits the fan. I would choose DA, and John to stick with because DA is a BIG FUDRUCKER, and John well, he's like me he actually has common sense.

Enough of this its almost a waste of time.

StarCraft2
Go to inhabited island by stealing a boat and smuggling few rations and basic needs for survival. and gas. then just evade the chaos.

live like cast away style

mikeydude
You would die.
Juss sayin.

StarCraft2
i will not die cuz there is a gun shop near by my home. i would just steal/raid/loot on the chaos. then as I am preping a stolen boat to cast away. i would kill few zombies that is blocking my way. (would not kill zombies who are just standing around doing nothing/wandering. its waste of bullets)

mikeydude
Cool story, but you would die because what if your gas spills when you get to your island?
You have no gas, you are stranded. Oh, and you have no means of surviving. Island=Fail.
Next.

StarCraft2
thats the idea... get stranded. and live cast away style.

complexbrother
full automatic 12 guage shotgun with many easy to load clips
http://www.undeadreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/us-marine-firing-aa-12-full-auto-shotgun-aa12-machine-shotgun.jpg

http://www.survivalvitaminsstore.com/images/products/1090.jpg

a couple boxes of these
http://www.oceanmedix.com/oceanmedix/html/Cruiser%20Kit%20-%20open.jpg

must get a few of these
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/robot-army-3.jpg

all in conjunction with my earler post.

Phoenix3068
@Mikey oh right and shotguns are the right way to go? Yes, let's go with a shotgun so that we can't hit a zombie until it's at least within leaping distance of us. Oh wait, that's right you live in the magical land where a shotgun can hit a zombie 200 yards away right? Better yet, let's all just use socks with soap in them and beat the zombies to death! What a perfect idea!

Hey, how about rather than trashing my idea you accept that it's my choice what I take and what I do. "This is how I'd survive a zombie apocalypse" not "how I'd trash everyone else's idea"

Insulting people isn't necessary either, a simple "That might not be the best idea" would suffice.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by complexbrother
a couple boxes of these
http://www.oceanmedix.com/oceanmedix/html/Cruiser%20Kit%20-%20open.jpg
heartbearn medicine? haermm
srsly?
lololol "oh shit, were in the middle of a Zombie Apocalypse... but i have terrible heartburn
this gash in my leg can wait, i just have to take care of my heartburn"

Dreampanther
Zombieland has some pretty useful rules - plus it's a fun movie big grin

Robtard
Oh my, .22 rifle and a 9mm handgun is all you need. Light, easy to find, reliable and you can carry lots and lots of ammo. Bunch of tools totting around AK47s and RPGs, this isn't Africa.

You want to shoot zombies in the head, not spray them with endless rounds and pray you get a headshot.

Rogue Jedi
Oh my, .22 rifle and a 9mm handgun is all you need. Light, easy to find, reliable and you can carry lots and lots of ammo. Bunch of tools totting around AK47s and RPGs, this isn't Africa.

You want to shoot zombies in the head, not spray them with endless rounds and pray you get a headshot. .22 is fail. 9mm handgun is OK, I'd go with an 8 shot .357 revolver.

Remember those sentry guns from Aliens? Yeah, a few of those too.

Rogue Jedi
Here's what I'd carry:

Winchester Defender

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/winchester_1300_coastal_marine.jpg

.357 Magnum, one on each hip

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/smith_wesson_highway_3.jpg

Beretta 93R, two of them, full auto, in shoulder holsters

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/Beretta93RFullAutoPistol-1b.jpg

And on my back, these:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/12845_0212_1_lg.jpg

Esau Cairn
I always liked the idea of poly-filler from the hardware...they're an aerosol can that sprays out foam into cracks in the wall & hardens to plaster.

I think it would be hillarious spraying it into zombies' mouths & the stuff hardening up so they can't bite back.

That ACDC Chick
or you could use it for when theyre starting to break down the structure of your safe house

Phoenix3068
Sub-Plan (We got this worked out last night)

Members: 2
Group: My Friends
Vehicle: Armored Transport, Anything Found. Nothing permanent.
Destination: Nearest Island (estimated at a 3 hour drive, 180 miles away roughly).

Myself (Jamie)
Large Weapons: AK-47 Spray Fire, Survivor. M14 still in my hands. It's got good range and accuracy and I'm a decent enough Marksman on my own. Side Arm: A trade off from an M1911 to a M9, Extended, Light.
Extra Equipment: Tactical gear such as tools for standard vehicles.

Top Marksman (Alex)
Large Weapons: M4A1 ACOG, M203, Silence. Side Arm: (the reason I need to switch off, he wants the M19) Extra Mags.
Body Gear: Tactical Gear, same standard as me.

We had more guys but we took into account that one of our friends whom would be in our Six man group is in service right now and wouldn't be here, two of our friends live together but have no phone access right now, and one of our friends would be dead because she just LOVES the heavy guns.

Dead Friend
Large Weapons: M249 SAW / MP5K ACOG Silenced. Side Arm: .44 Magnum.
Extra Equipment: [Didn't Understand, she spoke the words precisely "Enough C4 to destroy 12th Street over several times" and an "Apache Mini-Gun Ripped off and placed in the rear sector of whatever drivable vehicle we have in use".

It's okay to laugh at her, she will be the first to die while she's stuck there not able to run from the Zombie Hoard =\

mikeydude
@Mikey oh right and shotguns are the right way to go? Yes, let's go with a shotgun so that we can't hit a zombie until it's at least within leaping distance of us. Oh wait, that's right you live in the magical land where a shotgun can hit a zombie 200 yards away right? Better yet, let's all just use socks with soap in them and beat the zombies to death! What a perfect idea!

Hey, how about rather than trashing my idea you accept that it's my choice what I take and what I do. "This is how I'd survive a zombie apocalypse" not "how I'd trash everyone else's idea"

Insulting people isn't necessary either, a simple "That might not be the best idea" would suffice.
Little girl, If a Shotgun has Deer slugs in it I can shoot a running deer at 150 yards, with ease.
Think what I can do to a zombie, not only is it running at me at a slower pace. BUT. ITS RUNNING AT ME, DEER RUN AWAY AT AN AVARAGE OF 43mph. So, lets see here,
But in all seriousness, you didnt read my posts, because you would have seen that I like Snipers and Assualt rifles as well, so you my dear are not very smart, go back to freshman year.

You want to shoot zombies in the head, not spray them with endless rounds and pray you get a headshot.
Rob, thank you.
AK's are the most pointless gun anyone has ever made, its great if you want to be a suicide bomber. But other than that, **** it.

And Personally I would choose something along the lines of a revolver just because I hate the fact that brettas get jammed like its going out of style. Remember they have a such thing as a quick loader, and it works the last time I checked.

I would use a .22 Rifle, personally I like to hunt with them, I also own one. But unless im in a tree and im trying to just pick them off I wouldnt use a .22.

Dead Friend
Large Weapons: M249 SAW / MP5K ACOG Silenced. Side Arm: .44 Magnum.
Extra Equipment:
If she has a Truck with gas, she'll do fine.

That ACDC Chick
i think you need to cool your jets Mikey erm

Phoenix3068
Originally posted by mikeydude
Little girl, If a Shotgun has Deer slugs in it I can shoot a running deer at 150 yards, with ease.
Think what I can do to a zombie, not only is it running at me at a slower pace. BUT. ITS RUNNING AT ME, DEER RUN AWAY AT AN AVARAGE OF 43mph. So, lets see here,
But in all seriousness, you didnt read my posts, because you would have seen that I like Snipers and Assualt rifles as well, so you my dear are not very smart, go back to freshman year.

Rob, thank you.
AK's are the most pointless gun anyone has ever made, its great if you want to be a suicide bomber. But other than that, **** it.

And Personally I would choose something along the lines of a revolver just because I hate the fact that brettas get jammed like its going out of style. Remember they have a such thing as a quick loader, and it works the last time I checked.

I would use a .22 Rifle, personally I like to hunt with them, I also own one. But unless im in a tree and im trying to just pick them off I wouldnt use a .22.

If she has a Truck with gas, she'll do fine.

This is the second time your insulting me in this thread so I'm gonna ask you again, to stop it.

Now, you are comparing Deer to Zombies. If you want to go so stereotype with zombies and assume that we know everything about them (Their strength, speed, etc) then how about this. How many Zombie Games/Movies do we all know in which people try to use a shotgun and get killed. It's either because of low rate of fire or a lack of ammunition when you need it. How many shots do you think you'll be able to get off before you have to reload?

As for my weapon choice, if your saying that AK-47's are only for suicide bombers A.K.A. Terrorists then you clearly need to learn more about history because the AK-47 has been used in long term for many different nations. It's a good gun, fairly dependent. You can generally guarantee that it will fire and it's easy to unjam IF IT DOES.

As for about my friend, she'll be okay if she's shooting zombies coming up in front of her (or in some cases in front) either way, you have a hell of a blind side with that kind of gun.

Bardock42
I always use the shotgun in Left 4 Dead, best against tanks, use the double pistols for normal zombies usually.

Phoenix3068
lol I'm trying to remember the variation of bullets that can be used.

Robtard
.22 is fail. 9mm handgun is OK, I'd go with an 8 shot .357 revolver.

Remember those sentry guns from Aliens? Yeah, a few of those too.

Na, bro, you're fail. .22 rifle while comparatively weak to other guns is great vs slow zombies who walk straight towards you. Almost no kick and you can carry hundreds and hundreds of rounds. Used to pluck off zombies from mid-distance, not a close-quarter weapon; that's what the 9mm is for.

While you could literally tear apart skulls with that .357, you have to reload after 8 shots(never seen an 8 chamber revolver, sweet though), .22 rifle with super-extended clip can hold what at max, 75-100 rounds? Could pop-pop-pop-pop all squad of zombies, easy.

Phoenix3068
The only shotgun I think would work in a ZA situation I forget its name. It gets 1800 Rounds per minute, and it packs one hell of a punch.

Robtard
The only shotgun I think would work in a ZA situation I forget its name. It gets 1800 Rounds per minute, and it packs one hell of a punch.

The USAS-12? Not sure it's 1800rpm though. That would be an insane rate of fire for a shotgun and probably nigh-useless.

Phoenix3068
not useless unless used by an amateur. If you lay on the trigger and don't aim, well then your just not a very good shot at all ^-^

mikeydude
This is the second time your insulting me in this thread so I'm gonna ask you again, to stop it.

Now, you are comparing Deer to Zombies. If you want to go so stereotype with zombies and assume that we know everything about them (Their strength, speed, etc) then how about this. How many Zombie Games/Movies do we all know in which people try to use a shotgun and get killed. It's either because of low rate of fire or a lack of ammunition when you need it. How many shots do you think you'll be able to get off before you have to reload?

As for my weapon choice, if your saying that AK-47's are only for suicide bombers A.K.A. Terrorists then you clearly need to learn more about history because the AK-47 has been used in long term for many different nations. It's a good gun, fairly dependent. You can generally guarantee that it will fire and it's easy to unjam IF IT DOES.

As for about my friend, she'll be okay if she's shooting zombies coming up in front of her (or in some cases in front) either way, you have a hell of a blind side with that kind of gun.
Im so done with even trying to reason with you, because you have no smarts.

That ACDC Chick

Esau Cairn
Gotta love Americans with their penis...I mean gun envy.

That ACDC Chick
i thought Penis Envy was where a girl wants a penis so she feels accepted by the boys hmm

dadudemon
The USAS-12? Not sure it's 1800rpm though. That would be an insane rate of fire for a shotgun and probably nigh-useless.

The AA-12 is 300 rounds a minute.

-Source: Future Weapons. smile

not useless unless used by an amateur. If you lay on the trigger and don't aim, well then your just not a very good shot at all ^-^

On zombie defense games, the auto shotguns are always good weapons. lol!

Rogue Jedi
Na, bro, you're fail. .22 rifle while comparatively weak to other guns is great vs slow zombies who walk straight towards you. Almost no kick and you can carry hundreds and hundreds of rounds. Used to pluck off zombies from mid-distance, not a close-quarter weapon; that's what the 9mm is for.

While you could literally tear apart skulls with that .357, you have to reload after 8 shots(never seen an 8 chamber revolver, sweet though), .22 rifle with super-extended clip can hold what at max, 75-100 rounds? Could pop-pop-pop-pop all squad of zombies, easy.

You'd have to cap a single zombie at least 10 times with a .22 to make them even realize they've been hit.

Zombie killing is best done with a gun that removes their head from their body. .357, 12 gauge, etc;

.22 is epic fail unless you're hunting poodles. The .357 I mentioned has speedloaders too.

dadudemon
You'd have to cap a single zombie at least 10 times with a .22 to make them even realize they've been hit.

Zombie killing is best done with a gun that removes their head from their body. .357, 12 gauge, etc;

.22 is epic fail unless you're hunting poodles. The .357 I mentioned has speedloaders too.

Since I'm better than John Preston, all I'd have to do is have an uber tough katana and I would just decap all of the zombies.

75 would take me about 20 seconds. smile

Edit - But, Robtard is right: a shot through the brain stem will kill any zombie. smile A .22 can pull it off. An even better option is a 9mm automatic handgun with a 200 round magazine. (I posted the youtube vid of that. That cat was firing the gun for what seemed like days, lol.)

Found it:

cthhnAoZ1GU

laughing

I don't care who you are: that sh*t is "bad*ss" and hilarious.

Rogue Jedi
Since I'm better than John Preston, all I'd have to do is have an uber tough katana and I would just decap all of the zombies.

75 would take me about 20 seconds. smile

Edit - But, Robtard is right: a shot through the brain stem will kill any zombie. smile A .22 can pull it off. An even better option is a 9mm automatic handgun with a 200 round magazine. (I posted the youtube vid of that. That cat was firing the gun for what seemed like days, lol.)

Found it:

cthhnAoZ1GU

laughing

I don't care who you are: that sh*t is "bad*ss" and hilarious. Depends on the zombie. Personally I'd rather have something that would take their heads off every time.

If you are surrounded by 6 zombies, what's better? A .22, or a gauge? 12 gauge, hell, a torso shot would do just fine.

dadudemon
Depends on the zombie. Personally I'd rather have something that would take their heads off every time.

If you are surrounded by 6 zombies, what's better? A .22, or a gauge? 12 gauge, hell, a torso shot would do just fine.

If you're surrounded by hundreds of zombies (a far more likely scenario), which is better? A .22 with 75 rounds per "clip", or a 6 shooter?

Even better, if you're surrounded by hundreds of zombies, which is better, a 6-shooter or an automatic glock 18 with several preloaded 200-round magazines available? smile

I WIN!

WEEEEEE!

Rogue Jedi
If you're surrounded by hundreds of zombies (a far more likely scenario), which is better? A .22 with 75 rounds per "clip", or a 6 shooter?

Even better, if you're surrounded by hundreds of zombies, which is better, a 6-shooter or an automatic glock 18 with several preloaded 200-round magazines available? smile

I WIN!

WEEEEEE! 12 gauge, backed up by at least a 9mm.

.22, unless it it a head shot that penetrates the skull, is fail.

dadudemon
12 gauge, backed up by at least a 9mm.

.22, unless it it a head shot that penetrates the skull, is fail.

Fail.

A 200 round glock 18 is the best choice, in each scenario...if you're strong enough to shoot accurately with it.

On top of that, a 12 gauge is way too large and, close quarters, it is the worst weapon of choice: too slow, too big, too heavy.

A better choice would be a glock 18 with 30 round clips. More rapid fire power with good penetration. 3 rounds to the face/neck should be enough to ensure brain stem destruction. You can unload and reload far faster, too.

Still, a better choice is that new assault rifle I saw on future weapons. It has a small profile, fires better penetrating rounds than a glock 18's .45 rounds. (I think. The .45s are some big *ss mother ****ers. I did not realize how big they were until now.)

Rogue Jedi
Fail.

A 200 round glock 18 is the best choice, in each scenario...if you're strong enough to shoot accurately with it. Dude, think about it....If zombies are running amuck, and you have to hit up a local gun store for weapons, you think you're gonna find a 200 round Glock lying around?

Nah, if you are of decent aim, you can take out 3-4 zombies with one shot. It really is the best weapon to have.

How many people are decent aim with a pistol? Not alot, hence the wide spread blast of a gauge.

You think an average Joe can just pick up an assault rifle and pwn with it?

dadudemon
Dude, think about it....If zombies are running amuck, and you have to hit up a local gun store for weapons, you think you're gonna find a 200 round Glock lying around?

No, it would be in my possession already.

smile

Along with 4 spare clips.

See, this is why I'm such a good choice to have in the survival group: I R mart and hav teh resorsez

Nah, if you are of decent aim, you can take out 3-4 zombies with one shot. It really is the best weapon to have.

No you can't. Buck shot can certainly blow off heads and body parts, but not at 20 feet. In order to get in close range like that, you'd already be in too much danger. The general thumb of longest range for 00 buckshot is about 100 yards. From farther out, not only is it more probable to miss than hit, your pellets are also start to lose too much velocity to be lethal.

It's probably the worst portable gun choice for a close range encounter with a bunch of zombies.

How many people are decent aim with a pistol? Not alot, hence the wide spread blast of a gauge.

You're stuck in video game world.

How is "killing" a zombie with a pellet going to work very well? You need to sever the brain stem or blow the head off. That, or destroy the spinal cord about the shoulders, but that still leaves the mouth for biting.

You think an average Joe can just pick up an assault rifle and pwn with it?

Absolutely: especially this new one that has a small profile, is light weight, and has very little kick. wink It's probably one of the best choices for a beginner on a gun that has lots of stopping power. smile

dadudemon
fail

Rogue Jedi
No, it would be in my possession already.

smile

Along with 4 spare clips. So you like own one? +1?

Common sense and resources is all that is needed. I have common sense, and I know for a fact I have better resources.

This is why they make slugs.

How can you say this? One shot from a gauge vaporizes a zombies head, man. It's got the best stopping power, period.

No, you!!!

And a pissant .22 can do this? Not. One blast from a 12 gauge does this.

And a pissant .22 can do this? Not. One blast froma 12 gauge does this.

One blast from a 12 gauge does this.

.22 sucks as a zombie weapon. It simply lacks the power to get the job done.

Ideally one would carry the following:

12 Gauge shotgun for CQC
.357 or .45 as primary sidearm
9mm as backup sidearm
Remington .308 sniper rifle for long shots
Aluminum baseball bat for CQC

I guarantee you that 75 to 80% of people have no idea how to load/operate an automatic pistol/rifle. For the average Joe, shotguns, revolvers and bolt action rifles are the best bet. Some schmuck with no experience trying to work a Glock? Good luck.

Insomniatric
I would move to Canada.

The zombies would never suspect.

dadudemon
So you like own one? +1?

No.

But I will.

mwhahahahahaha.

Gotta get done with school and the security clearance before I buy guns...n'stuff.

Common sense and resources is all that is needed. I have common sense, and I know for a fact I have better resources.

I have over 9000 9mm bullets. I WIN!

This is why they make slugs.

So you'll line up, say, a deer slug to perfectly shoot through 2-3 brain stems for zombies?

That's like...not gonna happen n'stuff.

How can you say this? One shot from a gauge vaporizes a zombies head, man. It's got the best stopping power, period.

It does not. Not even close. Stopping power is "stopping."

Stopping power is not just a function of destruction. It is a measure of actually 'stopping'. Per unit time, the modded Glock 18 (with a 200 count magazine) would have much higher stopping power.

No, you!!!

Correct. big grin

And a pissant .22 can do this? Not. One blast from a 12 gauge does this.

Yup. Sure can. no expression

And, see who gets moar killz: 75 round .22 or 8 round shotgun?

And a pissant .22 can do this? Not. One blast froma 12 gauge does this.

Can, and you'll see many more kills.

One blast from a 12 gauge does this.

But weighs more, has a much lower capacity, much slower firing rate, and is much larger.

.22 sucks as a zombie weapon. It simply lacks the power to get the job done..

If it has a high capacity magazine, it's better than a shotgun, that's for sure.

Ideally one would carry the following:

12 Gauge shotgun for CQC
.357 or .45 as primary sidearm
9mm as backup sidearm
Remington .308 sniper rifle for long shots
Aluminum baseball bat for CQC

Too much to carry.

One should just carry 2 glock 18s, modded to automatic, with 5 200 round magazines. And then, a sniper rifle.

Better range than a shotgun, you can carry far more rounds, weight is less, and so forth.

I guarantee you that 75 to 80% of people have no idea how to load/operate an automatic pistol/rifle. For the average Joe, shotguns, revolvers and bolt action rifles are the best bet. Some schmuck with no experience trying to work a Glock? Good luck.

That's not just automatics: that's semis, bolt action, and so forth. 70-80% of people for any gun, period.

And if we were going to hang with a bunch of people using guns that have no experience using them, we are almost as likely to die from friendly fire than we are zombies.

Rogue Jedi

So you'll line up, say, a deer slug to perfectly shoot through 2-3 brain stems for zombies?

That's like...not gonna happen n'stuff. I was talking about longer range headshots.

Stopping power is stopping a target in it's tracks, period. Ceasing forward progress.

Depends on the shooter. Shotgun= 1 shot 1 kill to a decent markamsan.

Magical spells.

One shot, the head is gone. I dated a chick like that once.

Nope. Pwned.

No you!!!!

I made new selections, below.

Bolt actions are easier to learn than autos.

Which is why we should roll just thr two of us.

My new choices:

These, in shoulder holsters:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/transporter2a.jpg

Colt .45 1911, on my right hip:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/colt45-again1911a1.jpg

M4 rifle with scope:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/Legend_M4_Firearm_1_1.jpg

And strapped to my back, for close encounters:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/sawed-off-shotgun.jpg

dadudemon
I was talking about longer range headshots.

Isn't there much better options for long range head shots than a shotgun with slugs? (Rhetorical.)

Stopping power is stopping a target in it's tracks, period. Ceasing forward progress..

Which is why the glock 18, full automatic, 200 round magazine, has much higher stopping power: can stop more, per second, than a shot gun, by far. smile

Looks like this is going into "loops" again because I did not say anything different.

Depends on the shooter. Shotgun= 1 shot 1 kill to a decent markamsan.

Problem with a shotgun buckshot or birdshot cartridge is the shots may very well be lethal, but the stopping power is not there: the targets are more likely to be able to move after taking several pellets to the torso as they are too small to, say, destroy the heart. Only at close range do you get that ultra "blow your hands off" destruction.

By your logic, a compact revolver grenade launcher with 6-8 shots is a better choice. Similar weight, better killing power per shot, smaller profile: obviously, a better choice. smile

One shot, the head is gone. I dated a chick like that once.

I find your jokes sexist and offensive.

Yup. Pwned.

Thought so.

No you!!!!

Ha. Knew you'd have to give it up. nee nars.

My new choices:

These, in shoulder holsters:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/transporter2a.jpg

Colt .45 1911, on my right hip:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/colt45-again1911a1.jpg

M4 rifle with scope:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/Legend_M4_Firearm_1_1.jpg

And strapped to my back, for close encounters:

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/sawed-off-shotgun.jpg

Not bad choices but you need to replace the shotgun with a long and very high quality/sharp Katana: much much better and far faster at nulling close encounter threats than a sawed off shotgun. Or, you could go with a glock 18, fully automatic. smile

Rogue Jedi
Isn't there much better options for long range head shots than a shotgun with slugs? (Rhetorical.)

Which is why the glock 18, full automatic, 200 round magazine, has much higher stopping power: can stop more, per second, than a shot gun, by far. smile

Looks like this is going into "loops" again because I did not say anything different.

Problem with a shotgun buckshot or birdshot cartridge is the shots may very well be lethal, but the stopping power is not there: the targets are more likely to be able to move after taking several pellets to the torso as they are too small to, say, destroy the heart. Only at close range do you get that ultra "blow your hands off" destruction.

By your logic, a compact revolver grenade launcher with 6-8 shots is a better choice. Similar weight, better killing power per shot, smaller profile: obviously, a better choice. smile

I find your jokes sexist and offensive.

Thought so.

Ha. Knew you'd have to give it up. nee nars.

Not bad choices but you need to replace the shotgun with a long and very high quality/sharp Katana: much much better and far faster at nulling close encounter threats than a sawed off shotgun. Or, you could go with a glock 18, fully automatic. smile

The two pistols on top are fully automatic.

Rogue Jedi
Isn't there much better options for long range head shots than a shotgun with slugs? (Rhetorical.) Mhm. But a shotgun is easy to use.

How ya gonna holster it with a 200 round mag?

Pwned in the butt.

The beauty of a shotgun is it offers mass destruction at close range.

10-15 feet out, shotgun. Beyond that, use a rifle.

Pistols don't fire grenades, silly!!!

BEWBZ.

Pwned, 334 in the butt with tears of joy.

I ate tamales.

I know how to use both yes

Yes.

Lord Shadow Z
Don't have any guns , obviously, but I'm sure we have a lot of blunt and bladed objects in the shed. Most dangerous probably being the medium-sized axe. That would certainly take a few, though it would depend on the number of the zombies.

Plus, if ourselves and our neighbours (if they are still human of course) had time to get to our outside sheds we could have a combined force all itching to go with our hedge trimmers.

All you people with your guns, why not go the melee route? I mean okay you might survive a bit longer but it would be a lot more fun!

Rogue Jedi
I'd definitely have an aluminum baseball bat handy.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
Don't have any guns , obviously, but I'm sure we have a lot of blunt and bladed objects in the shed. Most dangerous probably being the medium-sized axe. That would certainly take a few, though it would depend on the number of the zombies.

Plus, if ourselves and our neighbours (if they are still human of course) had time to get to our outside sheds we could have a combined force all itching to go with our hedge trimmers.

All you people with your guns, why not go the melee route? I mean okay you might survive a bit longer but it would be a lot more fun!
i like a healthy balance between guns and melee, that way youre prepared for anything that comes your way

Lord Shadow Z
i like a healthy balance between guns and melee, that way youre prepared for anything that comes your way

True, but there's no way we're getting our hands on a gun. The only way for us would be melee, and possibly making rudimentary explosives or flammable traps. There may be fireworks available but they would be unwieldy things to use as weapons.

Anyway we have a few woods around where I live and what was a former colliery so plenty of room to use some guerilla warfare, providing the woods aren't crawling with zombies.

Rogue Jedi
True, but there's no way we're getting our hands on a gun. The only way for us would be melee, and possibly making rudimentary explosives or flammable traps. There may be fireworks available but they would be unwieldy things to use as weapons.

Anyway we have a few woods around where I live and what was a former colliery so plenty of room to use some guerilla warfare, providing the woods aren't crawling with zombies. All it takes is one abandoned cop car. Open the trunk and BOOM.

Lord Shadow Z
All it takes is one abandoned cop car. Open the trunk and BOOM.

laughing Speaking from experience RJ?

Rogue Jedi
laughing Speaking from experience RJ? That's what happened to me the last time zombies took over.

That ACDC Chick

Anyway we have a few woods around where I live and what was a former colliery so plenty of room to use some guerilla warfare, providing the woods aren't crawling with zombies.
thats why im lucky, i live near a Gander Mountain 131
plus, i plan on bulding a pretty extensive gun collection someday

Lord Shadow Z
thats why im lucky, i live near a Gander Mountain 131
plus, i plan on bulding a pretty extensive gun collection someday

Well, I don't live near a mountain but I am close to a large hill topped with a Greek Monument so it provides a good vantage point for the surrounding area. The only problem is it takes so damned long to get up the steps...

dadudemon
Mhm. But a shotgun is easy to use.

Maybe?

With almost all guns, less than a minute of instruction is all that is needed.

At most, 3 minutes is all that is required to "figure it out."

How ya gonna holster it with a 200 round mag?

Pwned in the butt.

It's much smaller than a sawed off 12-gauge shotgun. Need I say more? smile

The beauty of a shotgun is it offers mass destruction at close range.

10-15 feet out, shotgun. Beyond that, use a rifle.

That doesn't address my point, however.

But, I cannot disagree with what you've stated: it's just a strawman statement.

Pistols don't fire grenades, silly!!!

Oh, hi to you, revolver grenade launcher:

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/bin/image-lib/products/REVOLLAUNCAW.jpg

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=revolver+grenade+launcher

Rogue Jedi
Maybe? For realz.

Also, how you gonna find someone to teach you?

Depends.

How you gonna holster it?

bewbz?

Nope, it's more or less it's effective range.

That's a grenade launcher with a pistol grip attachment, not a pistol.

mikeydude
Its stupid to tell a kid that they're wrong, especially if their head is too big.

dadudemon
Also, how you gonna find someone to teach you?

Me, personally? I won't need instruction.

Depends.

Nah. At most is all that is needed for most guns...as long as the person isn't an idiot.

How you gonna holster it?

"It's much smaller than a sawed off 12-gauge shotgun. Need I say more?"

But, I'll say more...

By putting it into a holster. A 12-gauge is much larger and you can put it in a holster, so why not a much smaller gun with a much smaller profile?

bewbz?

Nope, it's more or less it's effective range.

K. Still strawman, however.

That's a grenade launcher with a pistol grip attachment, not a pistol.

Oh, please, kind sir, direct me to where I indicated that it was ever a pistol?

Phoenix3068
Dadudemon what is your actual PLAN of survival?

Kharhmah
I concur, tbh.

Its stupid to tell a kid that they're wrong, especially if their head is too big.
& actually no, it's not in the least bit stupid.
If that were the case you'd get teenagers running about thinking you cant get preggo if he pulls out, because nobody would have corrected them seeing as, of course, it's a rediculous thing to do..

Dont ask about the example, was the first thing I thought of.
There probably are better ones, but I cba thinking of 'em. awesome

mikeydude
Originally posted by Kharhmah
I concur, tbh.

& actually no, it's not in the least bit stupid.
If that were the case you'd get teenagers running about thinking you cant get preggo if he pulls out, because nobody would have corrected them seeing as, of course, it's a rediculous thing to do..

Dont ask about the example, was the first thing I thought of.
There probably are better ones, but I cba thinking of 'em. awesome
Well, ill put it this way.

Children with little ears who cant hear well, hear better than the kids with normal ears.

^ my example.

Phoenix3068
I'm only assuming if the age put is correct, but if Mikey was born in 1994 that makes me older than him so him constantly referring to me as kid (even if just mental wise rather than physically) is very... well.. very stupid. A kid is someone within a certain age group, I'm not giving text book examples; I'm tired of the publicity that I receive from it personally. You might often refer to a kid also as someone younger than you. I am neither in the age group to be defined as a kid and age wise I am older than the one calling me a kid.

With this said, it's asked that all KIDS (@Mikey) should sit in the back seat with their seat-belts on while the ADULTS (@ Everyone at least age 18+) works on a plan of survival.

dadudemon
Dadudemon what is your actual PLAN of survival?

Hmmm...

The "Science" shows that being near the ocean or a large body of water is the best option. So, I would drive to John's (Rogue Jedi) place in Houston and we would prolly go to the ocean.

I'm an Eagle Scout so I know how to live in the woods, tie shit loads of knots, make bathrooms, etc.

Here's the list:

1.Food: check. I already have some food storage as well as a small stockpile of protein powders and vitamins.

2. Guns and ammunition. Fail. I own no guns and ammunition and nor will I for 2-3 years.

3. First aid kit? Check.

3. Portable tools in an easy to carry "case"? Check.

4. Camping gear? Check. On top of that, I have a 12-man tent.

5. Fishing gear? Fail. I own no poles or tackle. However, my brother-in-law is "armed-to-the-gills". lol...I laugh at my own puns. He lives about a block away from me. No need to waste money on resources.

6. Winter attire for below freezing situations? Check check check. I have tons of winter gear including a below zero sleeping bag.

7. "Fire-making" accessories? Check. Including the magnesium bar in case our lighters fail.

8. Flashlights and laterns: Check.

9. Batteries of all sizes: Check check check. Tons of batteries and rechargeable ones, too.

10. Radio that takes batteries: Check. two, in fact.

11. Cutting tools for field dressing our kills: Some. I do not have all of them, however.

12. Knowledge of how to build a boat from complete scratch: Check. Other than treating the wood with chemicals and the special paint, I could build us a 3 man canoe, completely from scratch...I just need to large vices ...or to setup a 'make shift" vice. I might be able to do that with some rope...

13. Rope of differring sizes and length: Check.

14. Spare gas. I trade out my 5 gallon gas can once a quarter.

15. Power generator: Fail. FAIL FAIL FAIL!

16. Water-proof poncho: Fail! Mine "camo" one got a hole in it a few years back, in the back, so I threw it away.

17. Speak the nearest country's language? Check and fail. I speak enough to communicate okay, but not enough to have a nice conversation. This is very important if you live near a country that speaks another language: when shit hits the fan, "borders" may be lost.

18. Physical fitness which includes endurance and strength: Check. On top of that, my wife is in better shape than I am: she just ran a 5K. happy She's at the gym, now, lifting weights. smile

19. Debilitating health problems? None.

20. Calmness under pressure and stress? Check. I work best under pressure and stress. smile

21. Water storage? Fail. I really need to get some water into storage.

22. Access to a boat or plane? Fail. Major major important element.

23. Weapons training: Plenty, and on different types of weapons. I'm best with rifles and scopes as I like to target shoot.

24. First aid knowledge and wound dressing? Check. I also know proper wound "etiquette" and how to clean.

25. Sturdy scissors (ones that can cut bone, as well as other things): Fail. I should get some, however.

26. Working vehicles. Check. Two, in fact. Both get 28+ miles per gallon.

27. Space heaters than run on fuel: Fail.

28. Axe: Fail. Bro-in-law has two.

29. Hack saw and spare blades: fail. Again, bro-in-law.

30. Wood Saw with spare blades: fail. Again, bro-in-law.

31. Sledge hammer: Fail. Again, bro-in-law.

32. Baseball bat: Fail. Again, bro-in-law has 3 or 4.

33. Long and sharp high quality katana: Fail.

34. Bow and arrow: Fail. Grandfather has a huge amount of Bows and arrows; he used to take me hunting as a kid. However, he lives about 120 miles away: might be a bad choice.

35. Wires both cat5 and electrical copper: check.

36. Bullet proof vest: fail. May not be needed, but it might be good to have one for encounters with desperate humans in the far future after the zombie apocalypse.

37. Knowledge of how to build a home: check. I've built homes, done the wiring, and plumbing. Volunteer work, mostly.

38. Knowledge on how to repair most cars: semi-check. Even though I've done 4 tranny replacements...I still suck at them. I can't do anything to some situations in which the computer is shot: that may require a replacement computer with the proper equipment. (newer cars suck!)

39. Sailboat knowledge (how to sail a boat): depends on the boat, but check.

40. Maps: Fail. Google maps will not work, but GPS might...but they require electricity.

41. Compass: Fail. I'm relying on my electrical one, too much, these days.

42. Hiking backpack: Fail.

44. Hiking boots: Fail.

45. Binoculars: I have two pair, but both are weak. I need a higher quality pair.

46. Tweezers: 3 pair.

47. Signal flares: fail.

48. Belts (pant belts.): Check. We have plenty. These are great for strapping various things in a quick fashion. They are also good for tourniquets.

49. rappelling equipment. Fail. But I know how to do anything we need to.

50. Farming skils: check. I've grown many different kinds of foods and pickled, canned, or prepared them. Nothing beats a tomato sandwich when the tomato comes straight from your garden, ripe and red. My pickled okra is the best I've ever had. I cannot find anyone that makes pickled okra as good as mine and I've been searching for years! I've also made preserves, jam, canned beans, and so forth.

51. Masonry knowledge (for building stuff.): Check. What kind of a man would I be if I couldn't build with bricks, eh?

52. Morse Code: Fail. I may have a sheet somewhere from my scouting days. I need to memorize that shit, again.

And that's my list.

I should brush up on my medical skills such because that's probably the most important skill set to have. Pilot's license would be good, too. Flying a chopper? even better.

Phoenix3068
Okay, so if we add Dadudemon onto the list... XD how about this if Z Day ever comes; KMC bands together. Lol anyways, I'm sticking with RJ sense he has good transportation and good location. As for equipment; I've been training with weapons sense I was old enough to walk (metaphorically speaking) and while I'm not an expert, I guarantee you that no zombie will get within 10 feet of my waking body =)

dadudemon
Okay, so if we add Dadudemon onto the list... XD how about this if Z Day ever comes; KMC bands together. Lol anyways, I'm sticking with RJ sense he has good transportation and good location. As for equipment; I've been training with weapons sense I was old enough to walk (metaphorically speaking) and while I'm not an expert, I guarantee you that no zombie will get within 10 feet of my waking body =)

lol. Awesome.

There's no way that you're a girl. You're too...cool? No girl I knows knows as much about guns as you do. And I mean all of that in a complimentary manner.

Robtard
Being by water is either a lifesaver or death trap. If you have means to go out and survive on the water, it works as a great escape, plus possible renewable water/food source. If you don't, then it's likely a death trap should you get cornered between a sea of zombies and a sea(or lake) of water.

mikeydude
I'm only assuming if the age put is correct, but if Mikey was born in 1994 that makes me older than him so him constantly referring to me as kid (even if just mental wise rather than physically) is very... well.. very stupid. A kid is someone within a certain age group, I'm not giving text book examples; I'm tired of the publicity that I receive from it personally. You might often refer to a kid also as someone younger than you. I am neither in the age group to be defined as a kid and age wise I am older than the one calling me a kid.

With this said, it's asked that all KIDS (@Mikey) should sit in the back seat with their seat-belts on while the ADULTS (@ Everyone at least age 18+) works on a plan of survival.
Guess what?
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae332/mikeydude1407/cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg
Im not even going to waste my time on a such a stupid person as to actually think that an Ak'47 will help them in a Zombie Apocalypse.

That ACDC Chick
Guess what?
http://i985.photobucket.com/albums/ae332/mikeydude1407/cool-story-bro-house-Cool-Story-Bro.jpg
Im not even going to waste my time on a such a stupid person as to actually think that an Ak'47 will help them in a Zombie Apocalypse.
look, everyone has their own opinions and has made their own choices
i even picked the AK-47 if i could get my hands on one, just because you dont think itll be effective doesnt mean you have to continually rip on/put down people who do choose it
if their choice indeed is a bad one, then theyll find out the hard way when the Zombie Apocalypse hits
its not gonna affect you in any way unless the person holding the AK is in your party, which i dont really see happening

so please, please, please, please cool it

Kharhmah
look, everyone has their own opinions and has made their own choices
i even picked the AK-47 if i could get my hands on one, just because you dont think itll be effective doesnt mean you have to continually rip on/put down people who do choose it
if their choice indeed is a bad one, then theyll find out the hard way when the Zombie Apocalypse hits
its not gonna affect you in any way unless the person holding the AK is in your party, which i dont really see happening

so please, please, please, please cool it
yes thumbsup

Rogue Jedi
Me, personally? I won't need instruction. Then you lied to me before.

*lol's as you fumble about trying to load an M-16*

How ya gonna holster it?

You can put a .......SLING......on a 12 gauge.

Nah, butt rapage.

I'M the one who said pistol.

Robtard
Also gotta keep it as real as possible (yeah, I know the thread subject makes that a lol), you'll likely get your hands on an M-16 or M-4 before an AK-47, at least in the US.

There's also the extremely high possibility that unless you already own military gear or have direct access to the military, you're likely never get access to an assault rifle, grenades, grenade launchers, C4 etc. etc. etc.

So hunting/sport rifles and shotguns and common handguns is likely what most will be working with.

Phoenix3068

Rogue Jedi
Also gotta keep it as real as possible (yeah, I know the thread subject makes that a lol), you'll likely get your hands on an M-16 or M-4 before an AK-47, at least in the US.

There's also the extremely high possibility that unless you already own military gear or have direct access to the military, you're likely never get access to an assault rifle, grenades, grenade launchers, C4 etc. etc. etc.

So hunting/sport rifles and shotguns and common handguns is likely what most will be having to survive with.

I'd have access to my Dad's arsenal. Likely I'd choose his:

Winchester defender 12 gauge.
AR-15.
.45 Colt Commander.
Beretta 92F.

He's got a few hunting rifles too, suppose I'd take one for fun.

Robtard

AR-15.

http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2008/january/hellokitty_ar15assault_2.jpg

Kharhmah
WANT. O_O

Robtard
Originally posted by Kharhmah
WANT. O_O

Me too! Though her face isn't too much to my taste, she's got a banging body.

Phoenix3068
That's just weird o.0 *tries to imagine an assault with this AR* O_O;;

TOO!!! MUCH!!! PINK!!!

That ACDC Chick
in the words of the Rolling Stones, "Paint it, black"

Kharhmah
Me too! Though her face isn't too much to my taste, she's got a banging body.
inorite?
Hello Kitty is much the hot piece of ass.

Oh, you were talking about the... nevermind.. haermm

Phoenix3068

General: Make it Pink. Make it all Pink. Let those Haji bastards know just who they're messing with. The US does things the right way; PINK!

Private: da fluck!?

General: Make him Pink too!

(this Random Rant was brought to you by Phoenix Industries)

Rogue Jedi
http://www.2dayblog.com/images/2008/january/hellokitty_ar15assault_2.jpg More like this:

http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/8982/resizeofimg0140ix4.jpg

Used to belong to a SWAT sergeant.

Robtard
Ha, petite Asian woman has a bigger clip.

Rogue Jedi
Ha, petite Asian woman has a bigger clip. He has a coupla 40 round clips. And some 30. The one he has has a scope, not a range finder.

Robtard
Between you and me, I think in a Zombie Apoc your father would keep that gem for himself.

"Hands off, son. Let the real men do the shooting."

Rogue Jedi
Between you and me, I think in a Zombie Apoc your father would keep that gem for himself.

"Hands off, son. Let the real men do the shooting." Nah, he's quite possessive about his SKS knockoff though. Besides, he knows I am a much better shot.

Insomniatric

Robtard
Originally posted by Insomniatric
Here's what I'll need:

And here's how you likely be:

http://ireignsupreme.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Crying-man-11.jpg

Insomniatric
I'd be a sad black man? That would be strange.

More stuff:

1. Flash bangs

2. Grenades

3. Night vision goggles

4. Somehow obtain this product called "Pizzazz" that teaches you how to power nap. That means you can nap for a few minutes (as little as 3 minutes), and wake up feeling completely refreshed. This would come in handy because sleeping for 8 hours might not be a good idea.

5. I don't do drugs, but I would break into a pharmacy somewhere and take some stuff that will give me extra energy and alertness like Aderall or something.

I would probably stay in a field or something, and I would have a lot of booby traps set up so the zombies can't sneak up on me. I would also have signs that warned of the booby traps so people wouldn't get hurt by them, since zombies can't read, they wouldn't understand the warning. I would have an alarm set up so that if they set it off, I would know.

dadudemon
Then you lied to me before.

I certainly did not. Lemme refresh your shitty (the liquid, corn and nut filled, spicy, kind) memory:

Please tell me how this: "Me, personally? I won't need instruction."

Is the same as "I have fired every single gun, ever."

Especially when I said the following:

Maybe?

With almost all guns, less than a minute of instruction is all that is needed.

At most, 3 minutes is all that is required to "figure it out."

Me, personally? I won't need instruction.

Nah. At most is all that is needed for most guns...as long as the person isn't an idiot.

Boy, context sure is enlightening. dur

Since I know you won't get what I'm trying to illustrate (either on purpose or on accident, but I'm leaning towards the former mad ), I am saying that regardless of the gun I haven't fired or handled before, it would probably take me less than a minute to figure everything out. Something I also indicated in our conversation that you seemingly remember incorrectly. wink

*lol's as you fumble about trying to load an M-16*

Yes, cause it is so incredibly difficult when teenagers (18 and 19) with IQs that are in the "mentally retarded" level had done it for decades, right? wink

Also, this ------> estahuh

How ya gonna holster it?

In a holster that fits most glocks. dur

I believe you're under the assumption that the modified Glock 18 in the video is the same glock 18 that I will be using: not the case. That fat, out of shape, bastard, ADDED the buttstock and buttplate because he wanted to be able to fire 200 rounds, at once, at a target that was 20-50 yards out, and hit with most of the shots. Since I'm not an idiot, very rarely would I be firing in more than 3-4 shot spurts...like any moron that knows how to fire an automatic would do. I'm also not a weak fat bastard like the dude in the video: no buttstock/buttplate combo needed. WEEEEEEE!

You can put a .......SLING......on a 12 gauge.

And you can........put a GLOCK in a handgun holster.... WEEEEEEEEEEHEHEHEHHEEEEEEE!

Nah, butt rapage.

Your dick is so long you can buttrape yourself? Also, that's not really rape: that's a lonely homo's version of sex. WEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEEEEEEEEEEE! PWNED right in the MOUTH!

I'M the one who said pistol.

That's my point, exactly. facepalm

At no point did I say it was a pistol: I only pointed out that your reasons for using a 12-gauge were better suited for a revolver grenade launcher.

Insomniatric
This would be my workout routine under these circumstances:
1. Isometrics, this is the scientifically proven fastest way to build muscle (builds a shit ton of strength), and lose fat. I use a manual called "7 Seconds to A Perfect Body", which is probably the best one.

2. Gymnastics- these are very important. Gymnastics involves a LOT of bodyweight exercise that focus on many muslces but mainly the core (abdominals)- which are the most important muscles to train. Gymnasts have the strongest cores on the planet. A strong core means a strong everything. IMO, you're not truly "strong" unless you have mastered your own bodyweight. I'd do these for about an hour.

3. Sprints- because jogging is a waste of time. Jogging burns the same amount of calories as walking. Look at the bodies of marathon runners and compare them to sprinters. There's a difference. Sprinting is much better for you.

4. Hindu Squats

5. Swimming (if possible), this trains many muscles in your body, and will give you an advantage if you are being chased by zombies and there's a body of water near by.

6. Muay Thai and Boxing training- I train in this in reality, and this would help with my conditioning and also keep my skills sharp.

7. Stretches- for flexibility.

For nutrition, I would not eat any meat that is bad for my digestive system. I would eat fruits high in protein (there are fruits that have higher protein levels than meats, and are much better for your digestive system), as well as other essential nutrients and I would eat lots of vegetables. I wouldn't eat anything with acid in it. Lactic Acid is that soreness you get if you workout for the first time in a while, and you have been drinking sodas or eating junk. This is the diet I follow in reality. Raw Food diet is IMO the best diet to be on. I would also keep a lot of protein supplements and meal replacements and vitamins with me in case I ran out of food.

Okay, I think I got my zombie survival covered, but since I'm bored right now, I'll probably keep adding to it. It's pretty fun to think of this stuff.

Another thing I'd bring is lots of books. I don't read, but I probably would have no choice under these circumstances. I would also bring pencils/pen and lots of paper. In case I ever want to write or draw. I would also bring jackets, blankets, and matches, in case it's cold and I need to build a fire.

I'd also bring rubbing alcohol, hydgrogen peroxide, bandages, gauze, crutches, first aid kit, antibiotics, etc in case of injury.

If I was near an ocean, I would have a boat stashed with guns, other weapons, food, gasoline, etc. in case I ever need the boat or the stuff inside it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Insomniatric
This would be my workout routine under these circumstances:
1. Isometrics, this is the scientifically proven fastest way to build muscle (builds a shit ton of strength), and lose fat. I use a manual called "7 Seconds to A Perfect Body", which is probably the best one.

2. Gymnastics- these are very important. Gymnastics involves a LOT of bodyweight exercise that focus on many muslces but mainly the core (abdominals)- which are the most important muscles to train. Gymnasts have the strongest cores on the planet. A strong core means a strong everything. IMO, you're not truly "strong" unless you have mastered your own bodyweight. I'd do these for about an hour.

3. Sprints- because jogging is a waste of time. Jogging burns the same amount of calories as walking. Look at the bodies of marathon runners and compare them to sprinters. There's a difference. Sprinting is much better for you.

4. Hindu Squats

5. Swimming (if possible), this trains many muscles in your body, and will give you an advantage if you are being chased by zombies and there's a body of water near by.

6. Muay Thai and Boxing training- I train in this in reality, and this would help with my conditioning and also keep my skills sharp.

7. Stretches- for flexibility.

For nutrition, I would not eat any meat that is bad for my digestive system. I would eat fruits high in protein (there are fruits that have higher protein levels than meats, and are much better for your digestive system), as well as other essential nutrients and I would eat lots of vegetables. I wouldn't eat anything with acid in it. Lactic Acid is that soreness you get if you workout for the first time in a while, and you have been drinking sodas or eating junk. This is the diet I follow in reality. Raw Food diet is IMO the best diet to be on. I would also keep a lot of protein supplements and meal replacements and vitamins with me in case I ran out of food.

Okay, I think I got my zombie survival covered, but since I'm bored right now, I'll probably keep adding to it. It's pretty fun to think of this stuff.

Another thing I'd bring is lots of books. I don't read, but I probably would have no choice under these circumstances. I would also bring pencils/pen and lots of paper. In case I ever want to write or draw. I would also bring jackets, blankets, and matches, in case it's cold and I need to build a fire.

I'd also bring rubbing alcohol, hydgrogen peroxide, bandages, gauze, crutches, first aid kit, antibiotics, etc in case of injury.

If I was near an ocean, I would have a boat stashed with guns, other weapons, food, gasoline, etc. in case I ever need the boat or the stuff inside it.

1. Actually, eccentric exercises are the ones scientifically proven to build the most strength in the shortest period of time.

2. I disagree that Gymnasts have the strongest cores on the planet. Anecdote: I could do several situps with a 150lbs dumbbell being held on my chest (not cheating), right under the chin and my gymnast buddy, who had been a gymnast for 14 years, could not even do one with an 80lbs dumbbell: he was ripped as a mo-fo and could bust out 50 pullups like they were nothing. I know for a fact that the linemen in the NFL have abs far stronger than mine ever were. However, I agree that the core is very important which includes the obliques.

3. I agree: sprints are really good for staying in shape and burning calories. Tis a shame more people don't know about this "secret". And, well...the best combo would be the guy that can run forever but is also really strong. It's the complete package. I would agree that the 100 meter sprinters in the olympics represent that package: they are very strong but despite their muscular appearance, they have really good endurance: but no where near the epic levels of their long distance counter parts. Still, they would easily be in the top 99th percentile of endurance humans, easily.

5. Excellent point. I like it.

For your nutrition, you can't eat too many veggies or fruits: you have to have it and it goes bad in a couple of weeks, at the latest.

You have to survive for only 28 days because that is the time frame that most humans would die out, that have been infected (they would run out of energy...that's the entire premise of the movie, 28 days later).

Afterwards, you could certainly cultivate those veggies and fruit as you help rebuild society. Maybe seeds would be a better option?

Books are an excellent idea. However, I think having a large group of capable people is also a good idea. You can have quite a bit of fun together and sexual relations are important for stress, health, and bonding.

Also, keeping a boat stashed with goods is a really good idea, real world. But renting out space to dock your boat may suck unless you have the funds.

Robtard
28 Days Later infected aren't zombies/undead.

Zombies can go on for a long, long time in most zombie lore.

dadudemon
28 Days Later infected aren't zombies/undead.

Zombies can go on for a long, long time in most zombie lore.

The only viable option for zombies in the real world are the "infected" types from 28 Days Later and Quarantine. And, despite what the director whines about, the infected from 28 Days Later are usually smashed together with the zombie genre.

In the real world, magical/satanic zombies won't exist. (Resident Evil zombies are biologically impossible because they would die in 28 days or less, regardless of their anatomy.)

Robtard
Most of the major zombie inner-genres don't deal with magical/occult zombies, it's either unexplained, or usually hinted at some sort of viral, bacterial or parasitic infection.

Agreed though, an infected human who's still alive is far more plausible than a virus that reanimates a dead body.

But if we're using the 28 Day Later fiends, then that changes the game all together. Those fools have more intelligence, can run outright at full speed and contamination from them is much easier.

The heavier guns mentione before, AK-47s, tactical shotguns etc. make far more sense, as you don't have to go for a head-shot to take one down and taking your time to aim probably won't be an option.

dadudemon
Most of the major zombie inner-genres don't deal with magical/occult zombies, it's either unexplained, or usually hinted at some sort of viral, bacterial or parasitic infection.

That's the "old-school" zombies that started with Night of the Living Dead...Most of the modern stuff is the infected because "magical zombies" just don't sit that well with adults.

Agreed though, an infected human who's still alive is far more plausible than a virus that reanimates a dead body.

...or in the case of South Park, a bottle of Worcestershire sauce. big grin

But if we're using the 28 Day Later fiends, then that changes the game all together. Those fools have more intelligence, can run outright at full speed and contamination from them is much easier.

They were not very intelligent, at all. But, IMO, they represented what a "real" zombie would be like, the most, to me.

They would breath, have a heart-beat, be able to run, and have very little thinking ability. Quarantine and a radical form of rabies actually does represent the closest thing around to a real zombie outbreak. If someone modified rabies to have an incubation of a couple of hours and the full-on "lose the mind and attack everything in site" aspect kicked in after 4 hours...then we really would have our zombie outbreak if someone released the virus onto enough people. Mortality rate is almost completely 100% without drugs and the only lady, I know of, that survived was basically a vegetable the rest of her life.

Robtard
Pretty sure Romero hinted at a virus, though from outer-space. Been a long time since I've seen the original NOTLD. You can actually watch it for free online legally, something to do with a copy-write loophole or some shit.

The 'pink eye' episode?

The black zombie that was chained up was smart enough to turn a door handle, that's smarter than the typical undead zombies we see. Funny thing though, in the remake of Land of the Dead, the one smart zombie was black too. Hmmm.

Surviving a zombie apocalypse shouldn't be too hard for anyone who lives on a coastal city. erm

Hop on a boat; I'd try to steal one of those ferries at Fishermen's Warf, and just chill off the coast line. Only go to land for food and water. gg.

Robtard
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Surviving a zombie apocalypse shouldn't be too hard for anyone who lives on a coastal city. erm

Hop on a boat; I'd try to steal one of those ferries at Fishermen's Warf, and just chill off the coast line. Only go to land for food and water. gg.

You and a few hundred-thousand other people would be going for those boats.

Not when I'm going for them they won't. I've seen enough zombie fiction to know an ensuing apocalypse when I see one, and a life time of being black has made me cowardly and pragmatic. I'd be hittin' those boats while the idiot gays and whites in San Francisco are panicking and trying to gather enough food for their chihuahuas and poodles, and calling 311 demanding to know why all the homeless people are eating each other.

If not, though, the alternative would be to hole up in the building I work at: http://www.aviewoncities.com/img/sf/kveus4418b.jpg

The way it works is that it has 6 elevators that go to floors 1-19, and 6 that go to floors 20-34; but, the elevators don't have "buttons" that let you choose which floor to go to, they have a card reader that you flash your card on, and then an elevator will open and take you to the the floor you're authorized to be on. You can't use the elevators to go to just any floor unless you have either a full access card or a masterkey, which are things that only the security team and building owners can get. Aside from that, there's no way to get to any of the floors sans the lobby.

In the case of a ZA I could meet up with my partner, who's a zombiephile and keeps shotguns and "go-packs" stashed in his room because he's convinced the world is going to end in the next ten years, and we can hole up on... I'd say the second floor. If we wanted to be real cold hearted bastards we could also use our keys to shut down the entire elevator system, meaning that everyone who doesn't have a master key would just be ****ed. I'd probably end up doing that.

gg. 313

Robtard
Hahahaahaaha, you're almost way to witty for your age.

One thing to consider, being black, if you went to steal a boat (or anything for that matter) before the shit hit the fan and anarchy was about, you'd get locked up in county, don't think the cops wouldn't be too busy during an early ZA to take the time to jail a black-kid. Then you'd be ****ed.

Can't rely on the power (or water) staying on. Though I'm sure there's stairs with locking doors. So It seem like a good building if you're taking the 'holing-in' path to survival.

Going to jail would be the worst thing to happen. Like, that would be game over. So maybe stealing the boat wouldn't be a good idea.

As for the building, yeah, real lucky in that regard.

If you can get your family into San Francisco I'll let you guys chill on the 34th floor. There's three vending machines up there that don't require money.

Robtard
THX, but It'd be way too dangerous. Traveling distances with small children during a ZA is bad enough, but doing it over an almost 2-mile bridge, is asking for death.

Bandits, desperate folk, bridge zombies etc., with only two options of moving forward or back, no thanks. Though the bridge would likely be taken out by the military first.

dadudemon
Pretty sure Romero hinted at a virus, though from outer-space. Been a long time since I've seen the original NOTLD. You can actually watch it for free online legally, something to do with a copy-write loophole or some shit.

Really?

So which old zombie flick am I thinking of where they were "conjured" with evil magic?

The 'pink eye' episode?

lol, yes.

The black zombie that was chained up was smart enough to turn a door handle, that's smarter than the typical undead zombies we see. Funny thing though, in the remake of Land of the Dead, the one smart zombie was black too. Hmmm.

I'd expect the Rabies virus to be the best candidate..but it would have to be modified significantly. Some people would do the whole zombie thing...some would be ultra aggressive, some would just wallow in their putrescence and rock back and forth until dehydration/asphyxiation. I say this because some would still have "moments" of intelligence as they went in and out of disgusting insanity.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>