Cell Phones.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mikeydude
Probablly one of the most stupidest things I hate about Carriers is they give you shitty phones for some jacked up price...
So, I have an HTC Eris, and I absolutely hate it. I have gone through 6 of them and I can personally say it is a peice of shit.
What I want to know is, what is your personal opinion getting a different phone?
Im in the market for finding a new phone, and I want a Smartphone.
that has a Android operating system on it, and isnt the HTC Eris, plus I dont want to spend an assload for it too.

Dave_97
i dont have a cell phone.

RE: Blaxican
Well, I'm black. So naturally I have a Metro PCS phone. I've got a Blackberry knockoff that only cost 40 bucks. It's complete shit though.

Dave_97
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I'm black.
shock

Phoenix3068
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Well, I'm black.

Sure you are erm I will say nothing

Originally posted by Phoenix3068
Sure you are erm I will say nothing Interested? If you're less than a three day drive from San Francisco, I can fit you into my swinger schedule.

Phoenix3068
and if you touch me I can guarantee that you never type again What the f**k?

Mm, the proactive kind. Are you one of those" mild mannered Christian housewife who secretly lusts for BDSM" types? I'm not too proud to roleplay a little.

Phoenix3068
I'm not a House wife and I care little for religion, but thanks for the not-really-compliment?innocent

What are you wearing right now? I've got an open umbrella and nothing else.

Kaibs
I have a Blackberry Storm 2, and a stupid iPhone. I hate the new iPhone. It's drastically annoying.

Can I have it?

Phoenix3068
lol everyone and their brother has a blackberry of some sort. Fact is that it's not the cellphone that's expensive it's the service. I got like a $10 phone with a $45 a month service plan raver chill

Kaibs
If you ever came to Chicago, I'd probably just give it to you. Not going to lie.

AbnormalButSane
I have an HTC Hero. Works fine for me.

Phoenix3068
Yay I live in Indiana, Kaibs I'll be there in 2 hours XD

Rogue Jedi
I use this phone with sprint:

WoLEjoig4Fg

Bardock42
Originally posted by AbnormalButSane

Android is a fine platform. I have the HTC Dream also known as the T-Mobile G1 and I have been quite happy with it, though lately the hardware is giving out, I suppose if you get the first device of a new platform there'll always be some problems, just think of the first iPhone. I will definitely get another Android when my contract is running out...2.3 should be out by then, will be sweet. I also have an iPod, I do kinda like the iOS, but it is somewhat limited, and I ****ing hate the syncing with iTunes so, so much.

Phoenix3068
I have FireFox internet
fox

Which is better than a cellphone!

Bardock42
I have Firefox on my phone

Phoenix3068
And 6 South Park sluts in your sig :P

Bardock42
And Heisenberg in my avy.

Phoenix3068
EXACTLY!

Impediment
I have an iPhone 4 and it works just fine for me. I just don't understand all the hate for iPhones. Plus, if I may brag, my dad has worked for AT&T for over 35 years, and I have the premium package with no phone bill for myself or my wife. All I had to do was actually purchase said phone.

Phoenix3068
Well then no, you may not brag
bawling

Bardock42
Originally posted by Impediment
I have an iPhone 4 and it works just fine for me. I just don't understand all the hate for iPhones. Plus, if I may brag, my dad has worked for AT&T for over 35 years, and I have the premium package with no phone bill for myself or my wife. All I had to do was actually purchase said phone.

Well the iPhone is limited in many ways, I do like it in many ways, it has the best 3rd party apps definitely. If you want a functional, pretty phone the iPhone is alright really, I do suggest it to my less computer savvy friends.

Phoenix3068
bleh

Robtard
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well the iPhone is limited in many ways, I do like it in many ways, it has the best 3rd party apps definitely. If you want a functional, pretty phone the iPhone is alright really, I do suggest it to my less computer savvy friends.

Limited how? I've heard this said many times, yet I'm uncertain as to what exactly they meant, would you extrapolate?

That ACDC Chick
i haz a Nokia at the moment, but im getting the Huwai Ascend for christmas awesome

Strangelove
I have an LG Cosmos with Verizon, I haven't had any troubles with it.

steverules_2
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
i haz a Nokia at the moment, but im getting the Huwai Ascend for christmas awesome

Wow...you are poor roll eyes (sarcastic) Lies is what they are...LIES!!

The MISTER
Cell phones are cool but I think they have a definite con of people thinking that you're supposed to be available to talk at all times. I miss the days of talking comfortably at home with a phone that fits your ear and won't drop any calls at all.

Robtard
Originally posted by The MISTER
Cell phones are cool but I think they have a definite con of people thinking that you're supposed to be available to talk at all times. I miss the days of talking comfortably at home with a phone that fits your ear and won't drop any calls at all.

Oddly, you still can. Don't have a cellphone, ergo you won't have a cell-number (or have one, but don't give it out) for people to reach you at.

No need to thank me, it's what I'm here for.

Rogue Jedi
I gotta have QWERTY. Once you go QWERTY, you never go back.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by mikeydude
Probablly one of the most stupidest things I hate about Carriers is they give you shitty phones for some jacked up price...
So, I have an HTC Eris, and I absolutely hate it. I have gone through 6 of them and I can personally say it is a peice of shit.
What I want to know is, what is your personal opinion getting a different phone?
Im in the market for finding a new phone, and I want a Smartphone.
that has a Android operating system on it, and isnt the HTC Eris, plus I dont want to spend an assload for it too.
What is an "assload" to you?
I have a Blackberry 2 and I love it. I spent $105.00 on it.

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by steverules_2
Wow...you are poor roll eyes (sarcastic) Lies is what they are...LIES!!
well herp da derp im poor dur

silver_tears

thumb up

i've had mine since it first came out, no problems at all
but i never download any shitty apps or anything like that

Rogue Jedi
Not a fan of iphones.

Strangelove
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I gotta have QWERTY. Once you go QWERTY, you never go back. I agree, I used to scoff at them, but now I can't imagine texting without it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Strangelove
I agree, I used to scoff at them, but now I can't imagine texting without it. I can't go back. I WON'T.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kaibs
If you ever came to Chicago, I'd probably just give it to you. Not going to lie.

K, so I skeeted when I watched the movie Chicago.

I can have the phone, now, right? pained

This is a good post.

Originally posted by Robtard
Limited how? I've heard this said many times, yet I'm uncertain as to what exactly they meant, would you extrapolate?

1. Having to sync and being limited to the computers you can sync to.
2. Not being able to "mess" with the OS code and being completely locked out of all OS level code (unless you Jail Break it, which can be a bad idea.)
3. Not being able to use the large storage space available on the phone for storage space.
4. Limitations on third party applications (it is a fascist system, I tell you).
5. No direct flash support.
6. (not until the latest relase of the iPhone OS) No ability to customize your text message notification tones to specific people.
7. Still no Bluetooth 3.0+HS
8. No direct multi-tasking (AKA, having several apps open at once and being able to "see" which ones are multitasked.)
9. No "task manager", meaning, you cannot kill applications running in the background.
10. Technically, it cannot work as an "aircard" for your computer (tethering.) This is probably the single biggest problem, IMO, and it has more to do with cell carriers being stingy bastards.
11. Lacking HSPA+ (An upgrade to the current HSPA standard. Basically, it lacks the transceiver hardware to communicate on the HSPA+ standard.)
12. No ability to directly control your ringtones without third party apps or jail breaking.
13. No microSD ports.
14. Still uses a proprietary "connection" for charging, data transfers, etc. Why not go to microUSB or the new microUSB 3.0 standard? To me, that's a "duh".
15. Customizable screen layout. You can't customize it or select a different "layout." You're stuck with the "default" scheme (not the wallpaper, but the basic GUI type of things.)
16. Customizing when and where vibration or rings/sound alerts should occur. This is amateur stuff that Apple left out. People have been able to customize that shit since the 90s.
17. Built in file browser.
18. First party support for more audio video codecs. Not the third party shit that ALMOST gets the job done. The phone should come with support, straight away, like other smartphones. If not, there should be a very high quality 3rd party app that was developed under the supervision of Apple. Seems like I'm being picky because there are "multi-codec" players out there, but they are buggy and lack real "phone changing" ability, especially without file type stuff support.

Keep in mind, this is off the top of my head and I am definitely missing tons and tons and tons of stuff that people dislike about the iPhone. But, as you can see, that list is quite long and to make it worse, that was "right off the top of my head."

steverules_2
Originally posted by That ACDC Chick
well herp da derp im poor dur

And yet you're getting a new phone mmm

That ACDC Chick
Originally posted by steverules_2
And yet you're getting a new phone mmm
welfare no expression
plus my dad is doing a lot of overtime
not sure if hes gonna get a second job again like last year though mmm

besides the phone i want is relatively cheap compared to other phones on the market

ADarksideJedi
I have a very old carrier that I use for my cell phone.It is black and small and falling apart but it saves me money!

Phoenix3068
I have an older carrier, it's called pants :P

That ACDC Chick
i have Cricket
theyre cheap and i dont get good service outside my hometown or Atlanta, Georgia, but its still great.... better than AT&T at least haermm

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
I have an older carrier, it's called pants :P

lol good name! laughing

Phoenix3068
Yes!

Bardock42
God, I could kill the iTunes/iPod syncing bullshit sometime!!

mikeydude
I almost could Figure you had an HTC.
Donno why, but I can picture it.
Android is a fine platform. I have the HTC Dream also known as the T-Mobile G1 and I have been quite happy with it, though lately the hardware is giving out, I suppose if you get the first device of a new platform there'll always be some problems, just think of the first iPhone. I will definitely get another Android when my contract is running out...2.3 should be out by then, will be sweet. I also have an iPod, I do kinda like the iOS, but it is somewhat limited, and I ****ing hate the syncing with iTunes so, so much.
Im stoked for 2.3
Absolutely. Because then I can actually run my Fudrucking
PS3 off of it.
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I gotta have QWERTY. Once you go QWERTY, you never go back.
QWERTY=FAIL.
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
What is an "assload" to you?
I have a Blackberry 2 and I love it. I spent $105.00 on it.
Well, if I trade in my Eris, ill get like $134, and some change.
But I would like to stay with the AndroidOS. Because my mom has the Tour 2. I cant stand it, whenever I use it its like utter poop. so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.