NJO Luke vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Battle site is the Geonesis Hanger (place where Obi-Wan & Anakin fought Dooku the 1st time). Who wins?

Lightsaber
Force
All Out

axel_jovan
Luke does.

Lord Lucien
Luke.

Samurai100
Luke with ease

truejedi
Really? you ask us this?

MasterAshenVor
Luke, No contest.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by truejedi
Really? you ask us this? I've come to realize Truculent isn't right in the head.

Slash_KMC
I believe that Dooku would win. I can even counter your potential arguments on this.

First, you're probably going to bring up his defeat at the hands of Anakin. If he had tried to kill Anakin from the start he would've won easily, it was only because Anakin could build up that he won. He was lucky.

Second, I've seen people say that because he was afraid of Sidious that he was weaker. This is wrong, Sidious has never beaten Dooku and I firmly believe Dooku would beat Sidious. Dooku admired Sidious for his knowledge of politics, not for his overall power in the Force.

Thirdly, people assume that Yoda would've beaten Dooku in their duels had Dooku not fled. But he only ran away because others were coming to help Yoda, so he was wise to not continue the fight and end up in a situation in which he was alone against an army.

Now, for my own arguments concerning Dooku's superiority against Luke. Dooku was the most skilled duelist ever . Combined with his superior control and knowledge of the Force he is practically invincible. His use of the Force can be seen against Obi-Wan, an experienced powerful Force user who got flicked away by Dooku with utter ease. Now as for his lightsaber skills, I do not think I have to prove those as they are common knowledge. If anyone says Skywalker would win, they're just petty fanboys and should be banned from these forums.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
I believe that Dooku would win. I can even counter your potential arguments on this.

First, you're probably going to bring up his defeat at the hands of Anakin. If he had tried to kill Anakin from the start he would've won easily, it was only because Anakin could build up that he won. He was lucky.

Second, I've seen people say that because he was afraid of Sidious that he was weaker. This is wrong, Sidious has never beaten Dooku and I firmly believe Dooku would beat Sidious. Dooku admired Sidious for his knowledge of politics, not for his overall power in the Force.

Thirdly, people assume that Yoda would've beaten Dooku in their duels had Dooku not fled. But he only ran away because others were coming to help Yoda, so he was wise to not continue the fight and end up in a situation in which he was alone against an army.

Now, for my own arguments concerning Dooku's superiority against Luke. Dooku was the most skilled duelist ever . Combined with his superior control and knowledge of the Force he is practically invincible. His use of the Force can be seen against Obi-Wan, an experienced powerful Force user who got flicked away by Dooku with utter ease. Now as for his lightsaber skills, I do not think I have to prove those as they are common knowledge. If anyone says Skywalker would win, they're just petty fanboys and should be banned from these forums.

Now slash, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your overall view on this matter. However, a few things are fundamentally flawed:

1. To say Dooku "would've won easily" vs Anakin seems to be quite a stretch. Would Dooku have won? I think so, but not so easily as you make it out to be.

2. I think it's fair to say that Dooku was in awe of Sidious' knowledge and mastery of the Dark Side of the Force.

3. Dooku fled because Yoda was beginning to overwhelm him. Despite his opening distraction to kill Yoda and diversionary tactic at the end (when Dooku realized - again - he was in over his head), Dooku knew he had lost.

4. Dooku as the "most skilled duelist ever " is most assuredly NOT a fact. Is he the most skilled ever? That's very much debatable, and is the reason we have such a forum to discuss such topics. I could just as easily say that Yoda is the most skilled ever. Another could argue that Kas'im (see that there truejedi) is the most skilled, or *cough* *cough* Anoon, or Luke... or Mace Windu.

5. Sarcasm sucks!!

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
4. Dooku as the "most skilled duelist ever " is most assuredly NOT a fact. Is he the most skilled ever? That's very much debatable, and is the reason we have such a forum to discuss such topics. I could just as easily say that Yoda is the most skilled ever. Another could argue that Kas'im the Magnificent (see that there truejedi) is the most skilled, or *cough* *cough* Anoon, or Luke... or Mace Windu.

Fixed.

5. Sarcasm sucks!!

Nah, it ROCKS!

Slash_KMC
1. To say Dooku "would've won easily" vs Anakin seems to be quite a stretch. Would Dooku have won? I think so, but not so easily as you make it out to be.

No, you're wrong and I'm right.

You're take on this is completely skewed, mine is the objective one.

You're view on this is incorrect, mine is correct.

No, that is not true, what I've said is true however.

You suck!!

You've got a lot to learn about debating. I, as the master debator would like to teach you, but you already lack the fundamental basics of debating so I don't think you have enough potential.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Slash_KMC

I suck!!

You've got a lot to learn about 'bating. I, as the masterbator would like to teach you, but you already lack the fundamental basics of 'bating so I don't think you have enough potential.

Yes, you suck. I'm right, you're wrong. And my fundamentals are insanely effective.

Slash_KMC
Yes, you suck. I'm right, you're wrong. And my fundamentals are insanely effective.

You didn't even respond to my counter arguments I just posted. Noob. Go listen some Justin Bieber instead of trying to match my intellectual skills.

Jinsoku Takai
No, you're wrong and I'm right.

Nope!

You're take on this is completely skewed, mine is the objective one.

Nuh uh!

You're view on this is incorrect, mine is correct.

I disagree, and since I'm a god on these forums, I am ALWAYS right!!

No, that is not true, what I've said is true however.

WRONG again!! You ride the short bus, therefore you can NEVER be right about anything important.

I suck!!

Agreed!

You've got a lot to learn about 'bating. I, as the masterbator would like to teach you, but you already lack the fundamental basics of 'bating so I don't think you have enough potential.

Already addressed this issue. cool

truejedi
haha. slash is a master-debator. Say it fast! hahahaha.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by truejedi
haha. slash is a master-debator. Say it fast! hahahaha. Lol, sounds "gator".

Slash_KMC
Yeah guys, real mature, I'm trying to hold a serious debate here. Now to get to the arguments:

Nope!

Yep!

Yeah!

I, along with everyone else, disagree with that.

You're wrong!!!!

Disagreed!

Slash_KMC
This thread is obviously spite. Luke doesn't stand a chance.

truejedi
Liar. The only one who could challenge luke would be Ka'sim the Magnificent, Bane the Ultimate or any of the ancient Sith. Or malak. Or Revan. Or Nihilus or Kreia or Sion. Or Bandon.

BruceSkywalker
Dooku is outclassed.. NJO Luke ftw

Zampanó
I agree that this is spite. Darth Bandon would win decisively.

Slash_KMC
You know, I really hate you.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.