Twilight versus Underworld

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

OK, seriously now......Twilight versus Underworld.......haermm

SCENARIO ONE: The Cullens and the Wolf Pack are transported via a black hole to the universe of "Underworld." All the vampires/lycans from "Underworld" are immediately aware of their presence, and band together to kill the Cullens.

Carlisle learns of this, and, deciding that their survival is more important than their morals, decides to allow himself and his family to feed on humans, to be at full strength for the battle. Jacob and the others band together with the Cullens, seeing it as their best chance for survival.

The Underworld crew are all at full strength. All are as they were at their strongest, and they can use any and all weaponry from all 3 Underworld movies.

Who wins?

SCENARIO TWO: Same as one, except it's the Volturi, Victoria, James, Laurent, and every other vampire from Twilight. Riley Biers and his army are included here.

Rogue Jedi

dadudemon
The weakest vampire from Twlight could defeat all of the Lycans and Vampires, at once.

How are they supposed to kill a vampire that is bullet proof and blade proof (regular blades...not stuff like adamantium)? They are much stronger and faster than their Underwold counter parts, as well.

This is a poor match up: there's no debate here.

the ninjak
Spite.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
The weakest vampire from Twlight could defeat all of the Lycans and Vampires, at once.

How are they supposed to kill a vampire that is bullet proof and blade proof (regular blades...not stuff like adamantium)? They are much stronger and faster than their Underwold counter parts, as well.

This is a poor match up: there's no debate here.

I know, I had headuptherectumus when I made this. It's why I posted this:

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Darth Truculent
Twilight sucks . . . after all, it's little more than a series of teenage romance novels made into movies. I don't think that Jacob and his wolves have fought a full scale war or epic battles (ie Lycans taking Viktor's castle). Neither has Cullen and the moronic Volturi. Vamps and Lycans are far more powerful in Underworld.

Rogue Jedi
Ahaha!!!!!!!!

Robtard

Think you might be puffing the Twilight vampire's abilities a just bit, eh?

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by Robtard

Sadly, only just a bit.

Underworld is a far more entertaining piece of work than Twilight, but it must be said that the Twilight monsters demonstrate powers in excess of the Underworlders, though they might be closer than you'd think in terms of raw strength.... Markus did pull down a helicopter, for example.

But Edward and company are practically indestructable, so I'd go with them in something of a curbstomp.

BruceSkywalker
TwiVamps are basically indestructible.. nothing UndiVamps can do here except take a beating

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
TwiVamps are basically indestructible.. nothing UndiVamps can do here except take a beating

A poorly written yet commercially successful series lampooned for its comically pussified vampires actually depicts monsters who are far more powerful than a sci-fi/horror series with a strong cult following.

Irony at its finest.

big grin

Robtard
Not a master of Twilight knowledge, but their granite-like durability also seems to be a weakness, as I've seen fight-scene of their arms and heads being snapped off.

Lacan Grahf
Not a master of Twilight knowledge, but their granite-like durability also seems to be a weakness, as I've seen fight-scene of their arms and heads being snapped off.

Admittedly, I've only seen the first and second film (reluctantly).

Robtard
In New Moon (the clips I watched) had arms and heads being pulls, twisted and bitten off, along with a snapping sound.

I know several of the Underworld crew have immense strength.

Lacan Grahf
In New Moon (the clips I watched) had arms and heads being pulls, twisted and bitten off, along with a snapping sound.

I'd like to say that I'd go back and rewatch it (I try to be a responsible debater/logician), but there's no way in hell that that's ever going to happen. haermm

Most of them, yes, but they aren't as physically impressive as Twilight monsters for the most part. And if you go by the deeply contradictory Rise of the Lycans, then Viktor's the only vampire with super strength. no expression

Rogue Jedi
The Underworld crew have grenades and explosives. Surely enough C4 would blow a Twivamp to bits?

Lacan Grahf
The Underworld crew have grenades and explosives. Surely enough C4 would blow a Twivamp to bits?

Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to the opening post. With weaponry, they should be able to take this. A Twilight vampire can only be killed by being ripped apart and incinerated. Surely an explosion would do that.

Rogue Jedi
What I was thinking.

BruceSkywalker

Originally posted by Lacan Grahf
Yeah, I wasn't paying attention to the opening post. With weaponry, they should be able to take this. A Twilight vampire can only be killed by being ripped apart and incinerated. Surely an explosion would do that.

not gonna happen since the TwiVamps read minds

Rogue Jedi
not gonna happen since the TwiVamps read minds Not all of them.

Robtard
not gonna happen since the TwiVamps read minds

Considering they're going to see the guns and explosives, not sure that matters or will make a difference.

dadudemon

Bella Describes their strength as "making cars appear like Styrofoam."

There's also the speed so fast that it's like teleportation.

The only instance of something like that occurring is the Lycan-Vampire Hybrid in Michael Corvin. Even then, a non-teleporter was superior in combat ability to Michael and was beating him down.

The best strength feat we have is Markus being able to lift up that large portcullis in Evolution. Maybe weighs a ton or two.

That greatly out matches the 'pull the copter' down feat as a copter hovering can be pulled down with very little force: here's why:

In order for a copter to hover, the copter must exert a wind (vortex) force that creates an equal but opposite force to the g. If it applies a force greater than an opposite force to g, it moves up...less than g, it moves down.

If a helicopter is hovering, pulling on a rope anchored to the helicopter would cause it to move up and down. Of course, the copter has inertia so it doesn't move up and down as easily as a small toy helicopter with a string being pulled on (because, in the force system is in a state of equilibrium so in order to move such a massive object, it would be like tugging on the object in space (sort of): you'd have to apply a bit of force to it to get it to move...but not very much because there is very little "friction" to rub against the helicopter as you pull it.) There's also the small problem of trying to pull the helicopter while it is exerting it's lift force to stay in the static state. So you have to pull the helicopter twice as hard as you would in space because the rotors would be applying their lifting force as you try to "accelerate" to helicopter in the opposite direction it is trying to push against. It's hard to explain what I mean, but it makes perfect sense to me. Let me know if you need me to explain it better...but that's the best I can come up with, at this point.

Also, since none of the bullets would work on the vamps and no blades would either, how the hell are the Underworld vampire supposed to hurt the Twivamps?

Twivamps are: stronger, faster, far more durable than the Underworld Vamps and Lycans.

By whom? That's right: other twivamps that can easily exert tonnes of force with just one arm.

I know several of the Underworld crew have immense strength.

Again, by other vamps (and by the wolves.)

BTW, what was not mentioned in the movies but was explained in the books:

The wolves have teeth that are made of a "unique" material that is strong enough to bite through vampire flesh. They described that only vampire teeth and werewolf teeth were strong enough to do that. If I remember the books properly, the only way to take off a vampires head (really, to cut through the flesh) is for a vampire or a wolf to bite through the flesh. The movie kind of had to take a shit on that idea because it would have to be rated R (or make every scene "covered", which would make for all of the fight scenes kind of lame.)

Anyway, the movies only show vampires being broken or shattered by other vampires and they can exert many tonnes of force with one arm so I guess it is okay.

The twivamps also have insta-regen a la movie Wolverine...cept a little faster that James'.

In other words, I do not see how any lycan or vamp can damage a week twivamp. Especailly considering that most of them have special "gifts".

Originally posted by Lacan Grahf

From Carlisle himself, he said that no human army could stand against 20 new born vampires.

Rogue Jedi
Dude Alice is HOT.

BruceSkywalker
Considering they're going to see the guns and explosives, not sure that matters or will make a difference.

it won't as they will act accordingly..

Dude Alice is HOT.

yeah she is

dadudemon
Dude Alice is HOT.

**** yes she is.

In fact, all the females leads are hot in the Twilight films.

Believe it or not, Alice is even hotter when she's "regular."

Rogue Jedi
**** yes she is.

In fact, all the females leads are hot in the Twilight films.

Believe it or not, Alice is even hotter when she's "regular." Not as hot as the original Victoria, and not as hot as the Victoria knock-off in Vampires suck.

the ninjak
I sat there with my girlfriend and others and watched the first Twilight and knew exactly what was going on.
Mills and Boone meets Anne Rice and although aimed at teenage girls I was impressed by the vampires/Golems feats.
Hate all you want Steph Myers created clever vision in these creatures biology.

Humanoids whose biology is so tight that there flesh is hardened into a granite like state. Strength strong enough to throw a car and tendons so tight they launch at insane speeds. She Outright stole Anne Rice's "each vampire gets a unique ability" shite but it works.

Interview with the Vampire was pretty much a gay metaphor and everybody loved it!

Sign of the times I guess....Gen Y is so fricken judgemental. I can't blame em considering the amount of bullshit that gets thrown in our faces annually.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
Sign of the times I guess....Gen Y is so fricken judgemental. I can't blame em considering the amount of bullshit that gets thrown in our faces annually.

Emo much?

the ninjak
Emo much?

Some guy told my girlfriend that I was a goth.....though I didn't look like one.

Robtard
Originally posted by the ninjak
Some guy told my girlfriend that I was a goth.....though I didn't look like one.

Emo's didn't exist in the 90's, so he made the closets connection.

Lacan Grahf
Emo's didn't exist in the 90's, so he made the closets connection.

Freudian slip? no expression

On an off topic note, emo people disturb me.

On an on topic note, the Underworld creatures will probably take this due to armament.

Robtard
From Carlisle himself, he said that no human army could stand against 20 new born vampires.

cuGrDSP0rj8

siriuswriter
I don't like how Twi-vamps are coming out in this...

So let me just say that Underworld Canon not only pwns Twilight Canon, it pounces on it, shreds it, puts it in a blender and has it for a light afternoon snack.

the ninjak
The Cullens Clan themselves would have killed both armies in the 3rd Underworld film. Easy.

Too fast. Too Strong.

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by siriuswriter
I don't like how Twi-vamps are coming out in this...

So let me just say that Underworld Canon not only pwns Twilight Canon, it pounces on it, shreds it, puts it in a blender and has it for a light afternoon snack.

There's no doubt that Underworld is a superior piece of work, but the Twilight vampires are incredibly powerful.

General_Iroh
Yeah it should be a fairly easy win for team Twilight. As much as I hate the movies they're ridiculously overpowered and share none of the weaknesses that normal vampires and werewolves share. The twivamps are ridiculously fast and if I remember correctly from the second movie the werewolves are significantly faster and took down a ridiculously powerful vampire in a matter of seconds. The pack alone could decimate an ungodly amount of underworlds forces. I just don't see how the underworld guys can win this at all. Especially in scenario 2, that's just overkill.

dadudemon
Not as hot as the original Victoria, and not as hot as the Victoria knock-off in Vampires suck.

You're a moron, then.

The original Victoria was not very attractive. She's alright.

The new Alice was smokin'. I have not seen vampires suck.

cuGrDSP0rj8

Now how is that supposed to work when the humans will not be able to know where to drop the bombs? You do know that humans are almost completely oblivious to real vampires, right? The exceptions are the Native Americans in La Push and the ones the vampires let in to their fold.

Don't forget that Edward ran many thousands of miles per hour to reach Bella. Granted, Edward is fast, but we get to see in movie four that he isn't many times faster than those around him.

Rogue Jedi
You're a moron, then.

The original Victoria was not very attractive. She's alright.

The new Alice was smokin'. I have not seen vampires suck.

I smell an OTF poll then big grin

Robtard
Now how is that supposed to work when the humans will not be able to know where to drop the bombs? You do know that humans are almost completely oblivious to real vampires, right? The exceptions are the Native Americans in La Push and the ones the vampires let in to their fold.

Don't forget that Edward ran many thousands of miles per hour to reach Bella. Granted, Edward is fast, but we get to see in movie four that he isn't many times faster than those around him.

You implied a war or armies. If humanity is unaware, then obviously there can't be a war to begin. But in a war, *boom*, dead vampires (and likely collateral, but the US military doesn't mind that).

Though I suspect what Carlisle said to be hyperbole, guy's a old vampire, he's going to be phaggy and have a flair for the dramatics.

Not sure they can run thousands of miles per hour, at least on film they weren't running that fast.

Rogue Jedi
If humanity is unaware, then obviously there can't be a war to begin. ?

Uf_gators96
Twilight vampires can't be hurt by regular explosions, they're not powerful enough to hurt them. Nuclear bombs could perhaps be the one thing humans have created that could harm an unstoppably powerful, indestructible immortal like them, but then again steph said in the official guide that vampires are never in any danger of humans, they are too fast, too strong and too invincible to be harmed by human weapons. Look up twilight vampires on the twilight wikia, read it, and then come back. They are just too freakin strong. Twilight vamps win this so easy it's sad.

Placidity
Quite sure a RPG will do the job.

DrDeadpool
Originally posted by Placidity
Quite sure a RPG will do the job.

It will melt them. big grin

dadudemon
I think anti-tank rounds (or very fast high-caliber rounds) and high-energy explosives are enough to break up Twivamps.

Also, I would like to bring everyone's attention to this:

schadenfreude

No, this:

http://i.imgur.com/tbLiT.gif

Notice how a car, at speed, does not knock over the tree? In fact, it barely does jack to the tree. big grin

quanchi112
Underworld wins.

Uf_gators96
It's not a hyperbole. They can't be hurt by humans. Stephenie Meyer said so herself in the official illustrated guide. She states " a vampire can only be harmed and destroyed by another vampire, or something with similar supernatural strength, thus they are never in any danger from humans." So NO humans cannot possibly kill them with bombs or any other kind of weapon. They are flammable, due to the venom, but too flammable. Edward and Seth gathered pine needles and dry leaves over Victoria and Riley's torn apart bodies in eclipse, so that they could catch and stay on fire. The Cullen's used gasoline on James's pieces to burn him and the ballet studio down. Caius had to hold the flamethrower for several seconds over irinas shredded body for her to fully catch on fire. So you first have to tear them to pieces-immobilizing them- so that you can catch them on fire, and the fire has enough time to do damage to them. This isn't even a contest. It's like putting a bunch of pissed off immortal supermans against underworld and co.

Uf_gators96
** not too flammable

Silent Master
So why not post feats of them withstanding bombs or other high end human level weapons?

XanatosForever
I think anti-tank rounds (or very fast high-caliber rounds) and high-energy explosives are enough to break up Twivamps.

Also, I would like to bring everyone's attention to this:

schadenfreude

No, this:

http://i.imgur.com/tbLiT.gif

Notice how a car, at speed, does not knock over the tree? In fact, it barely does jack to the tree. big grin

Those are some deep roots.

Uf_gators96
There is nothing about feats of them surviving explosions, because they don't need to prove anything about surviving human weapons. Because they are in no danger from human weapons. The only danger to them is another immortal strong, and indestructible as themselves. However, the books do describe some impressive feats of their durability. In this scene from eclipse, Bella is trying to convince Edward that until she becomes invincible like him, she can always easily be killed, and that he can't protect her from everything. She makes up a situation where they are on a plane and it is going to crash.

Bella : Both engines exploded and we're falling in a death spiral towards the ground.

Edward : I'd wait till we were close enough to the ground, get a good grip on you, kick out the wall, and jump. Then I'd run you back to the scene of the accident, and we'd stumble around like the too luckiest survivors in history.

Silent Master
Without feats to back it up, the statements are worthless.

Uf_gators96
You know what? Instead of the countless feats of their durability in the books, I'm going to give you some of their strength. Even without their indestructibility, the kind of sheer, massive strength they possess would win this too easily.
In this scene, Edward is talking to Bella about how it is completely imperative that he be very gentle with her at all times, and that sex for them would be impossible because he is so much stronger and harder than her, and she is so incredibly fragile to him.
"You are so soft, so fragile. I have to mind my actions every moment I am with you, so that I don't hurt you. I could kill you quite easily, Bella, simply by accident... I could reach out, meaning to touch your face, and crush your skull by mistake."
When Bella arm wrestles Emmitt as a newborn, she describes the power in his one arm to be about the same as a cement truck speeding down a sharp decline at over sixty miles an hour. When she smashes his "diamond" hand into the huge granite boulder, it splits in half, with one piece falling onto Emmett's foot. Angry that he lost, Emmett kicks the rock across the nearby river, where it slices several trees in half before smashing into the base of an enormous fir tree, which also crashes to the ground. He then demands a "Rematch! Tomorrow!" And stalks off back to the house. Bella then smashes and crushes the rest of the boulder into rubble, elated that she could do so.

Uf_gators96
So eat it. Lol

Silent Master
This is the movie forum, IOW only movie feats count.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Silent Master
So why not post feats of them withstanding bombs or other high end human level weapons? really?Originally posted by Silent Master
This is the movie forum, IOW only movie feats count. thought there was a special stipulation for that?

Uf_gators96
The movies dont have nearly as many details as the books. I'm quite sure that if underworld had novels, you would readily use the feats from them, if they were impressive, and I'm pretty sure it actually does have them ( or maybe comic books or some crap like that) anyway, that's beside the point.
They need a freaking THUNDERSTORM to play BASEBALL for gods sake. And that WAS in the movie wink but do you know Why they need it? There are actually two reasons, the first being one you might already know of, unless you are too stupid to have figured it out. The first reason they need a thunderstorm to play baseball is because when they strike the ball with the bat, it hits so hard it produces a sound as loud as thunder, and the ball goes supersonic.
The second reason they need thunder to play baseball is explained in the novel. As jasper rounded the bases "in a streaky, incomprehensible blur" Carlisle, who was playing catcher, went to intercept him. The two collide "like meteorites" with a sound "like an explosion" and "like two boulders smashing into each other" the sound is also so loud they need thunder. After this, Jasper and Carlisle walk casually away, completely unharmed. Bella is in awe.
I mean C'mon dude! They can't lose! Just admit it!

Uf_gators96
Oh and with all this supersonic ball activity, and streaky speed, they don't wear gloves. Haha

dadudemon
Originally posted by Silent Master
Without feats to back it up, the statements are worthless.

I disagree. That statement show Edward can jump from a plane with a human in hand, jump at altitude, and both survive when they got to the ground. I think Bella would have broken bones or internal injuries from the negative acceleration, though. But he thinks she could survive.

no expression

MvF so doesn't count. Move it to the other AvF. big grin

Silent Master
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
really? thought there was a special stipulation for that?

Nope, the only stip that was made was in regards to feats from a TV show that's connected to a movie.

IE, feats from the different Star Trek shows are allowed since they are canon to the movies.

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Twilight sucks . . . after all, it's little more than a series of teenage romance novels made into movies. I don't think that Jacob and his wolves have fought a full scale war or epic battles (ie Lycans taking Viktor's castle). Neither has Cullen and the moronic Volturi. Vamps and Lycans are far more powerful in Underworld. this right here is a retard

quanchi112
Underworld wins.

The Spleen
Twilight rapes. Too many powers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Spleen
Twilight rapes. Too many powers. Based on ?

The Spleen
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on ? The latter part of my post.

"Too many powers."

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Spleen
The latter part of my post.

"Too many powers." Such as ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.