DE Sidious (and LOTF Luke) vs Abeloth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Lets do this shit! Beefy says Abeloth's the new top dog and who am I to disagree with him. That job's up to you gentlemen. If you want to.

Round 1: Just Sidious.

Round 2: Sidious and Luke together.

axel_jovan

ben222

axel_jovan
^ Well, that's what I've read in spoilers from Vortex thread. /shrug

So, what's the truth then?

Darth_Glentract
Its been a while since I read the most recent FOTJ book, but I seem to remember Luke defeating Abeloth. I'd assume DE Sidious could do the same, and the duo most certainly would win. Abeloth is more of a trickery figure, then straitup fighter, if I remember correctly.

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Its been a while since I read the most recent FOTJ book, but I seem to remember Luke defeating Abeloth. I'd assume DE Sidious could do the same, and the duo most certainly would win. Abeloth is more of a trickery figure, then straitup fighter, if I remember correctly.

He didn't defeat her though.

truejedi
aargh!!!! MOnday I have two finals and after, i will finally go to Barnes and NOble, sit down and read the entire book. So i can find out what is up with this abeloth thing...

Nephthys
Unfortunately the russian site is about 2 books behind so theres no luck there. If I have the time and inclination tomorrow, I might check it out and make sense of things.

DS seems positive that she's on another level. Thats really all we're going on right now.

truejedi
true. and ds has always been a luke fan like me, so if he says so, i'm inclined to believe him.

Darth_Glentract
I didn't realize Vortex was already out. I'm traveling to Ohio this weekend so I'll pick up a copy for the flight. Sweet

Dr McBeefington
Yea, huge Luke fan and think he's still the de facto #1 powerful physical being in the Sw mythos. Abeloth doesn't seem like a physical being at all. She really feels like a manifestation of the force itself, like a Satanic figure.

Darth_Glentract
Spoilers!!! (I forgot how to put do the spoiler tag correctly)

I just finished the newest FotJ book and it had some very interesting things in it. I wrote it down somewhere, I can't remember where, I think it was page 331 or 332, but the narrator says that Abeloth has a DOZEN times Luke's strength in the Force. I was like holy shit, thats gay.

However, on the next page, Luke and Abeloth directly struggle in the Force and she's trying to hold him down, while he's trying to lift them and they get a little off the ground, so neither was stronger than the other. Bottom line though, Luke defeats Abeloth on multiple occasion, basically because he is a more capable fighter *lightsaber skills* However, Abeloth has many bodies, so what do we consider Abeloth? Just one body, or all of them? It doesn't appear that she can use multiple bodies at once, since if she could, that would have saved her ass against Luke, Ben and Vestara.

Long story short, I still think Luke and Sidious are the two most dangerous fighters in an all out battle. Abeloth seems a little more powerful in the Force though.

Nephthys
Holy Balls WTF! ha-son180

Need verification for the silly number!

axel_jovan
Originally posted by Nephthys
Holy Balls WTF! ha-son180

Agreed on ha-son180
Dozen times stronger than Luke is SICK!
If Luke is a demi-god than Abeloth IS god-like, as in Abeloth > SW Universe

Dr McBeefington
I think Abeloth is supposed to be a representation of a force God.

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
I think Abeloth is supposed to be a representation of a force God.

I think "god" is a little misleading. More accurately, I think she's meant to be an Eldritch Abomination, similar to Nihilus and the Emperor.

Dr McBeefington
I think she's way beyond Nihilus and Sidious.

Lacan Grahf
I think she's way beyond Nihilus and Sidious.

Ehhhhhh.

Provide some juicy quotes.

Dr McBeefington
You don't need quotes. She seems immortal while affecting Jedi across the galaxy with psychosis almost at will.

Nephthys
'DOZEN times Luke's strength in the Force.'

What the **** else do you need? ha-son180

Lacan Grahf
You don't need quotes. She seems immortal while affecting Jedi across the galaxy with psychosis almost at will.

Well I don't need any of it, since my life will carry on regardless. Though I'll probably drink a bit more and start hitting my wife.... no expression

What I'd like is evidence.

Or is that not how this place works? confused

The full quote and context, since Darth Glentract says that Luke defeated her again.

truejedi
do you have a wife?

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by truejedi
do you have a wife?

I don't understand the question.

Jinsoku Takai
Agreed. If she is so far beyond Luke, then it would take her/it little to no effort in overcoming him in a combat-based situation, regardless of prior combat knowledge.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Lacan Grahf
I don't understand the question.

In reference to "Though I'll probably drink a bit more and start hitting my wife...."

Do you?

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Do you?

Do you?

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Lacan Grahf
Do you?

Absolutely! A wife, kids, a career, and plenty of time to indulge my geek side. Yeah, I'm good like that cool

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Absolutely! A wife, kids, a career, and plenty of time to indulge my geek side. Yeah, I'm good like that cool

Niiiice.

Slash_KMC
I've got like 5 wifes right now, a few dozens of kids and many careers.

truejedi
stupid mormon... : I

Lord Lucien
I've got AIDS...

Otm Shank.

Ha!

Darth_Glentract
Pg. 331 "Abeloth had a dozen times the Force strength Luke had, and he could do no more than keep her from crushing his throat."

However, on pg. 332, Luke is trying to life the two of them. Abeloth stops him. He tries even harder and get them a little off the ground but is unable to get where he wants. I feel this shows them roughly in the same league. To me, a dozen times in hyperbole on the narrators part.

Pg. 335 Luke has killed the Akanah Abeloth (she had Akanah's body). Right after, the first Abeloth body that we saw, Callista, walks in, recovered from the first fight. It seems to me she can only use one body at a time, otherwise she would have used both and absolutely raped Luke and crew. We'll have to wait and see though.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
I've got AIDS...

Otm Shank.

Ha!

I've got like, 5 AIDS.

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
Pg. 331 "Abeloth had a dozen times the Force strength Luke had, and he could do no more than keep her from crushing his throat."

However, on pg. 332, Luke is trying to life the two of them. Abeloth stops him. He tries even harder and get them a little off the ground but is unable to get where he wants. I feel this shows them roughly in the same league. To me, a dozen times in hyperbole on the narrators part.

Pg. 335 Luke has killed the Akanah Abeloth (she had Akanah's body). Right after, the first Abeloth body that we saw, Callista, walks in, recovered from the first fight. It seems to me she can only use one body at a time, otherwise she would have used both and absolutely raped Luke and crew. We'll have to wait and see though.

Perhaps she does have a dozen times the Force strength, but little by way of mastery?

Lord Lucien
Like Naga Sadow to Palpatine. Good analogy, Grahf.

Lacan Grahf
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Like Naga Sadow to Palpatine. Good analogy, Grahf.

Sadow's definitely the ultimate brick layer, it must be said. Or was that Kressh?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.