Top 10 Anime/Manga Badasses

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Exactly what it says on the tin folks. Who in your mind is the biggest of the badest mother****er's in anime and manga history. All interpretations of the term are welcome and bonus points if you can describe why you picked these people and what you consider to be 'badass'. If you want to do more than 10 thats fine and if you can't be bothered to pick 10 you will be shot that's fine too.

psycho gundam
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ib0m82.jpg

/thread

NemeBro
Originally posted by psycho gundam

/thread What a sissy.

menokokoro
1.Mugen
2.Zabuza
3.Itachi
4.Zorro
5.Sanji
6.Kenpachi
7.Guts
8.Van Fanel
9.Vegita
10.Kuma

AthenasTrgrFngr
edittttttt

Nephthys
Indeed, edit is pretty badass. mmm

danteiscool
1. Goku (he may be a nice guy, but he can mess people up when he wants to)
2. Vegeta (his attitude, combined with his power makes him a damn good badass considering how he always fights back even when losing)
3. Broly (I know the whole 'psycho/lunatic pwning everything' is overdone, but he gives it some serious flair. besides, he's one of the few characters I can think off now that can own the z fighters so horribly)
4. Kenpachi (he loves to fight and even when he's cut, he still scares his opponents crapless)
5. Grimmjow (gotta love his whole 'screw you' personality)
6. Grana from Psyren (he may look lazy, but he has telekenisis so strong it can affect solar rays)
7.Alucard (he kills, he drinks blood, then kills some more. that and everyone he fights ends up dying bloody deaths)
8. Jack Rakan (he acts like a jackass, but damn he's strong, even him screwing around can cause some serious damage)
9. Nagi Springfield (same as Rakan really, only reason he's this low on my list is because it hasn't shown much of him in the manga other than the flashbacks and his copy's fight against Negi)
10. Souichiro Nagi (once he became Susanno, he started beating people senseless without any mercy, helps that he was so powerful that every one in the same room as him were completely paralyzed with fear)
11. Ban Mido (cocky, a bit greedy, but a good guy once you get past his exterior. love his jagan and snake arm, pretty cool abilities. he's only so low on the list because I just started reading the Get Backers series)

Esomark
1. Jotaro Kujo (Star Platinum and his Clint Eastwood-like attitude.)
2. Dark Schneider (Doesn't give a damn about what he does and has some of the coolest attacks ever in manga.)
3. Bunchuu (His paopei, the kinben, was a unique and unorthodox weapon and his pain tolerance was insane. Also, his eye guard was cool.)
4. Younger Toguro (Come on, how could looking like the Terminator not appear bad ass?)
5. Kenshiro (The predecessor to all modern shonen fighting heroes. Not to mention, his calm demeanor that heavily contrasts with his brutal fighting style.)
6. Aisha ClanClan (She might be arrogant and cocky but she can back it up. I'm also a sucker for cat girls.)
7. Jubei Kibagami (Took a beating from a stone devil, won, and walked away with only a broken tooth.)
8. Alucard (Total psycho and never feels guilty about it.)
9. Guts (The Dragon Slayer, plain and simple.)
10. Jack Rakan (Goofy acting but can still kick your ass.)

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.

Mr. Rhythmic
Gotta go with my main man.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090302164859/dragonball/images/thumb/9/90/GokukillsKingPiccolo.JPG/470px-GokukillsKingPiccolo.JPG
http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101018152512/dragonball/images/thumb/2/2c/GokuVsNappaPwndEp29.png/491px-GokuVsNappaPwndEp29.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101018154412/dragonball/images/thumb/8/8b/GokuSSvsFutureTrunksSSEp122.png/491px-GokuSSvsFutureTrunksSSEp122.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101018155822/dragonball/images/thumb/e/eb/GokuVsPikkonEp199.png/491px-GokuVsPikkonEp199.png
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100327141713/dragonball/images/thumb/b/b3/GokuDefeatsRecoomeFlashback.png/274px-GokuDefeatsRecoomeFlashback.png
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091117180938/dragonball/images/thumb/b/b1/GokuKicksSilver.png/491px-GokuKicksSilver.png

psycho gundam
Originally posted by NemeBro
What a sissy. please

the "flee on site" thing minato has, char had that decades before

Martian_mind
Whitebeard.

/thread.

dadudemon
I like Kenpachi.

However, I seem to be forgetting about major badasses and it feels like I am missing out on characters that I think are much more badass than Kenpachi.

majid86
Im not sure about doing a top 10 list but this guy has got to be No.1:

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/83406-1/Rock_FistofNorthStar.gif
http://www.orokos.com/kippyhiller/fist_of_the_north_star.gif

Quincy
Vegeta

Astner
Probably Kenshiro.

Either way, Dragon Ball while having very distinctive and well developed characters none of them are able to keep that badass front. Take Vegeta at the end of the Cell saga, he said that he would never fight again. Of course his elitist persona put him back on track again.

Originally posted by Esomark
2. Dark Schneider (Doesn't give a damn about what he does and has some of the coolest attacks ever in manga.)
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8352/44411830.th.png

Weeping for his enemy, badass? Come again?

wakkawakkawakka
Um....could the Raikage and Afro Samurai be nominees?

Q99
Originally posted by Astner

Depending on the circumstances, that can be badass.

A true badass can afford to shed tears for his foes.

RE: Blaxican
No, that's pseudo badassery. Like, that's something that Japanese people would consider "badass", in the same manner that they think effeminate looking men are badass. They aren't, though.

Q99
Bah, being emotionless isn't badassery. Turning emotions into more badassery is badassery.

Nephthys
Dexter disagree's. His emotionless badassery is at least 2 over 8999. crackers

Sappho
i cant pick one for my top. but here is a small list:

gohan- defeated cell even when goku couldnt, and his ss2 transformation at the cell saga games is the definiton of badass.

humura kenshin- straight up man slaughter assasin known for killing many people in a previous war.

kakashi- calm, cool, collective, but can get badass when the time is right, and looks cool when he uses chidori.

sasori- single handedly killed three kazekage, iirc, one of which he turned into a puppet.

Jiraiya- would have killed pain had he known there was 6 of them, got major props from itachi and kisame, and is one of the strongest in the show.

chilled monkey
I'll try and devise a Top 10 later. For now:-

Top of the list for me is definately Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune. To me they are true heroes because they were willing to do what had to be done, not just what made them feel good unlike some others "coughSailorMooncough." They didn't want to sacrifice lives and they felt deep remorse about it (which shows their essential noble spirits), but they were willing to do it because sometimes in war, and indeed in life, you have to do things that don't make you feel good. Plus they were willing to lay down their own lives which vindicates them (by contrast, a person who sacrifices others for the "greater good" but isn't willing to give up their own is a hypocrite and a coward).

To me, a "badass" is someone who does the right thing because it's the right thing and who places others before themselves.

My list so far:

1. Sailor Neptune.

2. Sailor Uranus (Neptune gets the No. 1 spot because she's more subtle and hides her strength better than Uranus does. A real "badass" doesn't need to flaunt their strength.)

3. Kikyo. In spite of everything she went through she continued to help those in need.

4. Fujiwara Zakuro. She seems cold but she does genuinely care about the other Mews and is kind at heart (for example when she cheered up Momoka). She just knows that sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind (e.g. when she snapped Mint out of her "I quit" stage).

Nephthys
Hmmmmm. Since I can't really pick a cohesive list out of these guys and gals, I'll just name drop them and see if some are met with approval or distain. Hopefully this thread will help me out. Note: Added reason's are just there because I could think of them at the time, not because they're better than the others:

Lucy from Elfen Lied
Revy from Black Lagoon
Baralaika from Black Lagoon: Russian Crimeboss badass daddy****er.
Roberta from Black Lagoon: Because she bit through a ****ing knife.
Kenpachi from Bleach: By popular demand.
Hollow Ichigo from Bleach: Lets face it, he should be the protagonist.
Black Star from Soul Eater
Death the Kid from Soul Eater
Maka Albarn from Soul Eater
Vash the Stampede from Trigun
Lagato Bluesummers from Trigun
Captain Harlock from Captain Harlock
Jiyu Nanohana from Jubei-chan: Best. Swordfight. Ever.
Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
Zoro from One Piece
Sanji from One Piece
Whitebeard from One Piece
About a million more characters from One Piece
Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop
Alexander Anderson from Hellsing Ultimate OVA
Sir Integra Hellsing from Hellsing Ultimate OVA
Seras Victoria from Hellsing Ultimate OVA
D from Vampire Hunter D
Kirika from Noir
Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
Mugen from Samurai Champloo
Major Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell
Afro Samurai from Afro Samurai
Clare from Claymore
Priscilla from Claymore
Rurouni Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin
Neuro from Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro

Though the two Most Badass imo and the only two in order are:

No 2: Guts from Berserk
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Bs8zH9WBAzQ/SVOB9V8Rf8I/AAAAAAAAAlE/vDbVywc7HTg/s400/Berserk_Guts.jpg

No 1: Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate OVA
http://images.ados.fr/bd-manga/photo/hd/2755312275/mangas/alucard-612448f22.gif

dadudemon
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hmmmmm. Since I can't really pick a cohesive list out of these guys and gals, I'll just name drop them and see if some are met with approval or distain. Hopefully this thread will help me out. Note: Added reason's are just there because I could think of them at the time, not because they're better than the others:

Lucy from Elfen Lied
Revy from Black Lagoon
Baralaika from Black Lagoon: Russian Crimeboss badass daddy****er.
Roberta from Black Lagoon: Because she bit through a ****ing knife.
Kenpachi from Bleach: By popular demand.
Hollow Ichigo from Bleach: Lets face it, he should be the protagonist.
Black Star from Soul Eater
Death the Kid from Soul Eater
Maka Albarn from Soul Eater
Vash the Stampede from Trigun
Lagato Bluesummers from Trigun
Captain Harlock from Captain Harlock
Jiyu Nanohana from Jubei-chan: Best. Swordfight. Ever.
Monkey D. Luffy from One Piece
Zoro from One Piece
Sanji from One Piece
Whitebeard from One Piece
About a million more characters from One Piece
Spike Spiegel from Cowboy Bebop
Alexander Anderson from Hellsing Ultimate OVA
Sir Integra Hellsing from Hellsing Ultimate OVA
Seras Victoria from Hellsing Ultimate OVA
D from Vampire Hunter D
Kirika from Noir
Utena from Revolutionary Girl Utena
Mugen from Samurai Champloo
Major Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell
Afro Samurai from Afro Samurai
Clare from Claymore
Priscilla from Claymore
Rurouni Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin
Neuro from Majin Tantei Nōgami Neuro

Though the two Most Badass imo and the only two in order are:

No 2: Guts from Berserk
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Bs8zH9WBAzQ/SVOB9V8Rf8I/AAAAAAAAAlE/vDbVywc7HTg/s400/Berserk_Guts.jpg

No 1: Alucard from Hellsing Ultimate OVA
http://images.ados.fr/bd-manga/photo/hd/2755312275/mangas/alucard-612448f22.gif

Well done.

And, yes, I amend my answer to "Guts" or "Alucard". Good choices. I can't decide, though.

Nephthys
The only problem with Guts is that he's a little too badass. You get a little jaded towards all the awesome shit he does after a while imo. Berserk is like that I think.

King Kandy
Thread contains major shortage of FotNS characters

FinalAnswer
-gN8QX7TW_Y

/thread

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
-gN8QX7TW_Y

/thread

That's more of a beast-momment then the characters actually being badass. Still love Seras thought.

But let alone FotNS where's the Ninja Scroll at?

Esomark
Originally posted by Q99
Bah, being emotionless isn't badassery. Turning emotions into more badassery is badassery.

I agree. And as I said before, the fact Darshe doesn't give a damn is the essence of his badassery.

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
That's more of a beast-momment then the characters actually being badass. Still love Seras thought.

Jubei Kibagami was on my list. But yeah, I'm surprised at the lack of Ninja Scroll characters, too.

NemeBro
All of your lists suck.

Especially Alucard. It's easy to be "badass" when you're more powerful than everyone else.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka

Where did I say Seras? uhuh

I was referring to Schrodinger being a baws and trolling Zorin.

Hitman911
Freiza and Buu....Planetary Genocide on both resumes
Jubei and Kinshiero.......Nuff Said....
Vash the Stampede and Akira....

NemeBro
Freeza is too much of a coward IMO.

That said, he is one of my favorite villains and characters evar.

Hitman911
Freeza is a coward...He's Not a warrior....it's never stated tht he was.....He was just uber powerful....it still takes a bad ass sicko to blow up a planet and laugh at the destruction...

Nephthys
All of your lists suck.

Especially Alucard. It's easy to be "badass" when you're more powerful than everyone else.

Is that kind of like how its easy to criticise when you don't contribute something of your own? stick out tongue

And yes it is easy for Alucard to be badass.

Q99
Just being powerful and blowing stuff up isn't badass.

Alucard manages to be pretty badass *despite* being so strong compared to his foes, mainly because he encourages his opponents and really wants them to do well! If his opponents start inflicting real damage, that's when the fun begins!

Astner
Originally posted by Q99
No, being badass is pretty much the complete inability to feel or sense anything and shred your enemies without twitching.

Sadly a lot of manga characters are written like this.

Q99
No, being badass is pretty much the complete inability to feel or sense anything and shred your enemies without twitching.

Eh, that makes all emotionless machines automatically badass. That's not really what I think of when I think badass.

Astner
I suppose. Then again, that's the impression I've got from all the illustrations I've come across.

Nephthys
It's because people haven't realised that 'Stoic' is just another word for boring yet.

chilled monkey

Nope, that's not badass, that's just boring.

A real badass cares about others.

That's why I don't read a lot of manga.

NemeBro
Is that kind of like how its easy to criticise when you don't contribute something of your own? stick out tongue

And yes it is easy for Alucard to be badass. I have been working on a list for a few days now, and I can already proudly claim it is superior to anything in this thread. estahuh

Hellsing is overrated.

And there is no singular definition of badass, a character can be an emotionless killing machine and be badass, or a hammy, over-emotional hero type and still be badass.

dadudemon
nd there is no singular definition of badass, a character can be an emotionless killing machine and be badass, or a hammy, over-emotional hero type and still be badass.
I disagree with this statement.

A badass, by default, cannot be an overly emotional hero type IF the emotions are anything except anger. That automatically disqualifies them from being a badass.

A badass can be super emotional...with one emotion: anger. That anger has to result in the destruction of his or her enemies with extreme prejudice. It can also be crazed anger.

The rest of the time, the badass is "calm", "collected", or plotting their next destruction of their enemies.

Alucard works just fine.

Originally posted by dadudemon

A badass, by default, cannot be an overly emotional hero type IF the emotions are anything except anger. That automatically disqualifies them from being a badass.

Which dictionary did you get this from? hmm

Hinata > all btw.

dadudemon
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Which dictionary did you get this from? hmm

Hinata > all btw.

The most superior dictionary of them all: my own.

Q99

A badass can be super emotional...with one emotion: anger. That anger has to result in the destruction of his or her enemies with extreme prejudice. It can also be crazed anger.

The rest of the time, the badass is "calm", "collected", or plotting their next destruction of their enemies.

Alucard works just fine.

I disagree with this, I find it's often more badass when someone doesn't lose their cool.

Alucard feels joy, not anger.

And then there's being outmatched by a tough foe and the badass showing determination, or laughing in the face of danger.

Anger can be badass, but it's highly situational.

The most superior dictionary of them all: my own. high-five

dadudemon
Originally posted by Q99
I disagree with this, I find it's often more badass when someone doesn't lose their cool.

That can also be a bad ass. I was only commenting on the emotional aspect that Neme mentioned.

The anger type is only one kind.

Originally posted by Q99
Alucard feels joy, not anger.

I never said he felt anger.

I was commenting on his "overrated" remark about Hellsing.

Originally posted by Q99
And then there's being outmatched by a tough foe and the badass showing determination, or laughing in the face of danger.

The crazy badass type. The crazy badass type can also overlap, quite often, into the angry badass type.

Originally posted by Q99
Anger can be badass, but it's highly situational.

Not usually. Usually, an angry character (I'm only referring to the kind that are angry, not the ones that are used for comical gags...Example of NOT the correct type: Sakura from Naruto.) is a badass character and is intended as such.

NemeBro

Alucard works just fine. Only it actually doesn't. You made that up.

If a hammer, over-emotional character has a strong will, and fights to the end for what he believes in, he is badass.

Alucard is BORING BORING BORING. I admit, he can be thought of as "badass," but there is no real depth to the character whatsoever. I am biased against him. no expression

King Kandy
Kenshiro was badass and he cried, several times.

FinalAnswer
Alucard cried....

dadudemon
Only it actually doesn't. You made that up.

Cause being a badass is an officially defined word, right? awesome

However, my definition is superior to yours bey default, no matter what, infinity not take-backs. estahuh

If a hammer, over-emotional character has a strong will, and fights to the end for what he believes in, he is badass.

Not really. It's way more complicated than that. If you had stipulated "fights when something annoys him", then, yeah, you'd be right.

Alucard is BORING BORING BORING. I admit, he can be thought of as "badass," but there is no real depth to the character whatsoever. I am biased against him. no expression

Then your list will definitely suck. no expression

Originally posted by King Kandy
Kenshiro was badass and he cried, several times.

I never saw that. He was awesome, but not a badass. He was the quiet hero type, not the badass type.

Another one to add to the list:

Daizemon Kaze.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Bb-8FT9wpkc/TGhSb7uu9MI/AAAAAAAABb0/mFz4xEod934/s1600/Daizaemon+Kaze-Gantz+(010).jpg

He only lives to fight the strongest. He beat the shit out of an entire gang of Yukuza (like, 200 dudes) at once. He is supposed to be human with no super powers. The Yukuza had swords, pipes, bats, knives. No guns, though.

He then took on gigantic alien raptors WITHOUT that protective suit, breaking their necks and knocking them out with punches. He took automatic gunfire to his knees, point blank, without even flinching until the gun severed his legs at the knees (which is how he almost died)...he did this would choking the "bad guy" straight up the in the air.

The unflenching, cool attitude is what makes him a badass. Out of "human level" human characters, he is one of the most badass...up there with Frank Castle, for sure.

King Kandy
I would have to disagree with any definition of badass not including Kenshiro, because 99% of people I talk to who watch the series give reviews along the lines of "most badass hero ever". This would lead me to believe any definition of popular usage would leave the emotional spectrum open.

Nephthys
This is the truth. Also, real men cry because they don't give a **** what other people think and if they want to cry they'll mother****ing cry and if you have a problem with that then STFU and GTFO. http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/estahuh.gif

wakkawakkawakka
Screw it "Hao Asakura" is badass considering how the term itself is defined differently.

NemeBro
Cause being a badass is an officially defined word, right? awesome

However, my definition is superior to yours bey default, no matter what, infinity not take-backs. estahuh

Not really. It's way more complicated than that. If you had stipulated "fights when something annoys him", then, yeah, you'd be right.

Then your list will definitely suck. no expression

I never saw that. He was awesome, but not a badass. He was the quiet hero type, not the badass type.

Another one to add to the list:

Daizemon Kaze.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Bb-8FT9wpkc/TGhSb7uu9MI/AAAAAAAABb0/mFz4xEod934/s1600/Daizaemon+Kaze-Gantz+(010).jpg

He only lives to fight the strongest. He beat the shit out of an entire gang of Yukuza (like, 200 dudes) at once. He is supposed to be human with no super powers. The Yukuza had swords, pipes, bats, knives. No guns, though.

He then took on gigantic alien raptors WITHOUT that protective suit, breaking their necks and knocking them out with punches. He took automatic gunfire to his knees, point blank, without even flinching until the gun severed his legs at the knees (which is how he almost died)...he did this would choking the "bad guy" straight up the in the air.

The unflenching, cool attitude is what makes him a badass. Out of "human level" human characters, he is one of the most badass...up there with Frank Castle, for sure. 1. Actually, yes, yes it is. Technically, NONE of us are using it correctly. Badass as an adjective is, from my experience, most often described as "often vulgar." Or, mean, for a synonym. Going by that, any random school bully in 5th grade who picks on 1st graders, but does not mess with people his own age or size, is "badass," when that clearly is not what this thread had in mind, nor anyone else. Although it also refers to someone of "formidable strength or skill," which describes ALOT of characters.

I will not resort to your childish games, you big poopoo head. estahuh

Only it's not. Badass is not a complicated term. To some degree, a LOT of characters qualify as one.

Why? Because I don't like a one-dimensional character like Alucard, and don't care for his sue bullshit? I don't "hate" Alucard, but his character is boring.

Whoa now wut? I do not really care for Fist of the North Star, but did you just say Kenshiro is not badass? Lolwut? no expression

chilled monkey
My list with latest addition;

1. Sailor Neptune.

2. Sailor Uranus.

3. Kikyo.

4. Fujiwara Zakuro.

5. Himemiya Chikane. Not only was she willing to sacrifice her life, but her very existence. She did what she did knowing full well it would erase her completely, making it as though she had never even existed. Not only that but she actually tried to get Himeko, the girl she's in love with, to hate her (even though it must have been unbearably painful) so that Himeko wouldn't regret killing her.

Himemiya Chikane is awesome.

Nephthys
Damn I forgot about Chikane. She is a ****ing badass. Raping your lesbian soulmate to save her >>>>> pussyass Kenshiro.

chilled monkey
Damn I forgot about Chikane. She is a ****ing badass. Raping your lesbian soulmate to save her >>>>> pussyass Kenshiro.

I know.

Can you even begin to imagine how that must have hurt, even knowing that Himeko wouldn't remember it? How it must have torn her heart up? Yet she did it anyway. She was willing to take on that pain and that burden all alone to save Himeko.

As I said before, Chikane is awesome.

This "Kenshiro" walla just can't compare.

She is a ****ing badass.

So true my friend. So true.

Samurai100
All these hellsing posts are missing the most badass character
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiF5s5MWkXw
2:13 pure epicness

chilled monkey
1. Sailor Neptune.

2. Sailor Uranus.

3. Kikyo.

4. Fujiwara Zakuro.

5. Himemiya Chikane.

6. Arisawa Tatsuki. Brave, strong, skilful, very protective of her friends to the point of being willing to risk her life against supernatural monsters. Awesome!

No.

Darth Angel
Don't forget Shishio Makoto

King Kandy
Oh yeah. He was pretty badass, definitely the most in that series.

chilled monkey
Yes.

Fixed it.

No End N Site
Already made my list but how the hell could I forget Char's Aznable? Dude's my type of badass! Aristocracy ROOLZ!!!

-edit-

Originally posted by psycho gundam

/thread

You stole my badass dude!

Astner
cqC7ZH3a2AQ

Indefinitely!

General_Iroh
1. Kenpachi
2. Vegeta
3. Roy Mustang
4. Kamina
5. Spike Spiegel
6. Gin Ichimaru
7. Kambei
8. Cain Warlock
9. Old Man Fu
10. Zagine

mike89un
Originally posted by Esomark
1. Jotaro Kujo (Star Platinum and his Clint Eastwood-like attitude.)
3. Bunchuu (His paopei, the kinben, was a unique and unorthodox weapon and his pain tolerance was insane. Also, his eye guard was cool.)
4. Younger Toguro (Come on, how could looking like the Terminator not appear bad ass?)
5. Kenshiro (The predecessor to all modern shonen fighting heroes. Not to mention, his calm demeanor that heavily contrasts with his brutal fighting style.)
6. Aisha ClanClan (She might be arrogant and cocky but she can back it up. I'm also a sucker for cat girls.)
7. Jubei Kibagami (Took a beating from a stone devil, won, and walked away with only a broken tooth.)
8. Alucard (Total psycho and never feels guilty about it.)
9. Guts (The Dragon Slayer, plain and simple.)
10. Jack Rakan (Goofy acting but can still kick your ass.)

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of them right now.
This
Probably Kenshiro.

Either way, Dragon Ball while having very distinctive and well developed characters none of them are able to keep that badass front. Take Vegeta at the end of the Cell saga, he said that he would never fight again. Of course his elitist persona put him back on track again.

Nice you just quoted a scan while hiding some facts.
Kal Su is not the enemy of Dark Schneider at all, Kal Su was like a son for Dark Schneider. They have been friends for over 400 years.
He was simply being manipulated by Anthrax against his will and DS knew that. He was angry because Anthrax killed his best friend.

Why do not you post the part where Dark Schneider devoured Konron alongside Uriel's little sister?

I could post as well scans where Vegeta is crying and say that he is a pussy.

Hatchiyack
In this thread: My definition is right yours is wrong.

LOL

King Kandy
Wrath from FMA is also a definite badass.

Astner
Originally posted by mike89un
This

Nice you just quoted a scan while hiding some facts.
Kal Su is not the enemy of Dark Schneider at all, Kal Su was like a son for Dark Schneider. They have been friends for over 400 years.
He was simply being manipulated by Anthrax against his will and DS knew that. He was angry because Anthrax killed his best friend.
Did I touch a nerve? You're also wrong in saying that Kal-Su knew Dark Schneider for more than four hundred years. Dark Schneider's and Arshes Nei's love was said to last for a hundred years and that was before Kal-Su came into the picture.

Why do not you post the part where Dark Schneider devoured Konron alongside Uriel's little sister?
Would that be badass?

I could post as well scans where Vegeta is crying and say that he is a pussy.
You fail to understand me. Unlike you, I'm not emotionally attached to fictional characters to the point where I would deliberately lie to protect their status. Why would I concern myself with covering up flaws of other fictional characters? The flaws will be there, whether I cover them or not.

The same holds true in the versus section, I don't care which characters wins or loses. I have greater concerns than that. Among others writing my own graphic novel, in which I'd be proud to announce that I've exchanged emails with George R.R. Martin, the author of the "Song of Ice and Fire" series.

General_Iroh
Originally posted by King Kandy
Wrath from FMA is also a definite badass.
Fact, there are quite a few badasses in FMAB

mike89un
Did I touch a nerve? You're also wrong in saying that Kal-Su knew Dark Schneider for more than four hundred years. Dark Schneider's and Arshes Nei's love was said to last for a hundred years and that was before Kal-Su came into the picture.
Not at all. I do not take fictional stuff seriously. On the other hand you do

Someone simply said that he liked Dark Schneider, and you instantly tried to discredit the opinion of someone else by posting a scan while hiding some facts, for the obvious reason that you do not like the character.

And not only that.

When I noticed your post I simply told you in a polite way(unlike you) that what you were doing was hiding some facts about the scan.

And yes it was much less than 400 years. Sorry it has been some time since I read the manga. But you might understand that I have other things to do than just read manga or post here.

I was not talking about being badass or not. You described Darks Schneider as weeping just because he was crying for his best friend, when in fact he is an insensible bastard, who would not hesitate to do something so horrid as the already mentioned example.

-eats popcorn-

Yea...
1) You deliberately lie about fictional characters
2) And you are insulting me. lol and you are telling me I take this stuff seriously
3) Good summary about yourself
4) When the hell I Lied about a character?
5) I am not emotionally attached to a fictional character. Ok thanks
6) But if it makes you happy, yes you win I have nothing better to do I am emotionally attached to fictional characters and I want to have over 5000 posts like you.

No one is asking you to cover up flaws or whatever.
The first time I posted on this thread I merely told you that what you were doing was discrediting a character.

Then I gave you the example of Vegeta. Just because he was crying it does not make him a bad character or stops being badass.

And also I gave you said example so you could realize how immature and stupid would be of me to do something so childish like posting a scan of Vegeta crying just to say that he is a crybaby, merely because I do not like the character and I want to "prove" you wrong. (Note: Do not get confused. I am fan of Vegeta it is one of my fav. fictional characters)

Son I do not care about the versus section.

So why do you even mention it when this topic is about which are the most badass characters. This has nothing to do with

bawwwwwwwww my character can destroy freaking omniverse (the most retarded fictional term ever created IMO)

Neither do I.
Why are you bringing this stuff. I was never talking about who wins and loses neither who is the most powerful character. But it seems like you really want to talk about that stuff and I am not interested. So discuss that with someone. Ok bye

Ok I was about to leave, but then I read this and nice story brother. It is very touching, I wish you good luck with that. Seriously, en verdad buena suerte, wirklich das ist ganz toll.

Work hard, I know you are going to reach your goals pal. And keep me informed about your work so I can be the very first person to buy one of your copies. And please do not forget to give me your autograph so I can tell to the world that I met you and they get jealous about me.

I was wrong about you Astner. Forget what I said, I changed my mind you are so amazing.

I would want to chat more with someone as awesome as you. But I have to go and I have other things to do and it is very likely that I do not even hate time to post here and chat with you D:. I am so unfortunate you know?

Well I guess that is the cruel reality of life. I am going to miss you.

Nephthys
Heh.

Kazenji
Batou
Motoko Kusangi
Guts
Miyamoto Musashi

Astner
I'm addressing mike89un's response to me.

First and foremost it looks as if you unintentionally have taken all my descriptions of you and used it to describe me despite the fact that I made it perfectly clear that it wasn't the case in the very post you replied to.

It bares a slight resemblance to parroting: "You're being bias." "No you're being being bias!". You'd get more sense out of talking to a wall.

If you intend to reply to me make sure that you've read my post before doing so. Or else you might well end up with a similar abomination of a post to that of what you already did.

But I will address your accusations.

1) You deliberately lie about fictional characters
No. I've explained to you already why that isn't the case. You on the other hand have a reputation of being close minded and ignoring evidence when presented to you. I'm speaking of course of our debate on moviecodec where you openly refused to accept half a dozen to a dozen scientific articles regarding infinity despite having no credentials or plausible arguments at your disposal.

2) And you are insulting me. lol and you are telling me I take this stuff seriously
You're definitely taking this seriously. Otherwise you wouldn't have created a account just so you could whine and complain about my review of Bastard!!.

3) Good summary about yourself
More e-psychology? For attempting to insult me you're doing a very poor job at it.

4) When the hell I Lied about a character?
Despite my short history with you I'm able to recall a specific statement you made, and I quote.

"Also read dragonball manga Roshi is FTL. His kameha reached moon in nano seconds."

Source

5) I am not emotionally attached to a fictional character. Ok thanks
Am I supposed to accept that despite the fact that I can't even mention the character Dark Schneider without having you at my tail? Actions speak louder than words, would be a appropriate description of the situation.

6) But if it makes you happy, yes you win I have nothing better to do I am emotionally attached to fictional characters and I want to have over 5000 posts like you.
I have over 5,000 posts, that's true but those were made over a period of of over 4 years. On moviecodec, however you have over 4,000 posts made in just over a year.

Strongly suggesting that you're far more active than I.

LLLLLink
http://quizilla.teennick.com/user_images/E/EL/ELI/Elijahbeth/1130376735_resCaveman.jpg

Deny it and die.

chilled monkey
1. Sailor Neptune.

2. Sailor Uranus.

3. Kikyo.

4. Fujiwara Zakuro.

5. Himemiya Chikane.

6. Arisawa Tatsuki.

7. Mitarashi Anko - She was willing to do a kamikaze to take down her renegade former sensei.

So do you just have a thing for women in anime?

Bro SMASH
How can people forget Hiei? The guy was probably TOO badass for his own good and despite being the more cold-hearted, ruthless of the group, he still had an honor code of his own and developed pretty well within the series.

Let's also not forget Aoshi Shinomori. He probably one of the most dangerous characters in Rurouni Kenshin. He's was willing to go so far to prove that he and his clan was the strongest and even when he didn't win in the end, he NEVER whined or complained.

In my opinion, both of their badasses beat Vegeta's by far.

Q99
So do you just have a thing for women in anime?

With at least the first two and judging by the comment on the last I'm guessing it's a self-sacrifice thing. Neptune and Uranus were willing to die to find the holy grail and make sure good one. And they demonstrate their willingness to die for each other about twice a week.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Q99
With at least the first two and judging by the comment on the last I'm guessing it's a self-sacrifice thing. Neptune and Uranus were willing to die to find the holy grail and make sure good one. And they demonstrate their willingness to die for each other about twice a week.

That is so true my friend.

Neptune and Uranus are amazing.

Nephthys
Can't believe I forgot Orange-kun.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/orange-kun_loyalty.jpg

Also, Zero, because Lelouch Vi Britannia commands it!

http://xorsyst.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/code-geass.jpg

None for Suzaku though because he only gets cool about halfway through season 2.

Nephthys
Huh, I didn't know that. Thanks, whoever I stole that image from!

carver9
Taguro

srankmissingnin
Some of these lists / characters... I mean... sheesh. Is "badass" really such a confusing word guys? It isn't an all encompassing umbrella term that applies to any character simply because you like them. Here is an easy way to tell if a character is badass: If an actor like Daniel Craig, (or Clint Eastwood / Steve McQueen in their prime) would be ill suited to play the character you have picked in a movie, then the character you have picked is not badass, please try again.

The correct answer is Guts BTW. cool

zslick
kakashi from naruto would consider to be badass off of his history!

Nephthys
I'm rewatching Gurren Lagann and I can't believe I forgot to add Kamina and Simon to my list. Those two are pretty ****ing up there. Top 10 imo.

http://atalude.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/simon_kamina.jpg

Samurai100
Just finished Soul Eater and Mifune is cerainly up there, possibly along with Asura

dadudemon
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Some of these lists / characters... I mean... sheesh. Is "badass" really such a confusing word guys? It isn't an all encompassing umbrella term that applies to any character simply because you like them. Here is an easy way to tell if a character is badass: If an actor like Daniel Craig, (or Clint Eastwood / Steve McQueen in their prime) would be ill suited to play the character you have picked in a movie, then the character you have picked is not badass, please try again.

The correct answer is Guts BTW. cool

lol.

And, agreed.

I'm rewatching Gurren Lagann and I can't believe I forgot to add Kamina and Simon to my list. Those two are pretty ****ing up there. Top 10 imo.

http://atalude.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/simon_kamina.jpg

I agree that Kamina is a good choice. He was an "idiot" badass type. So efifn' manly in a retarded way. He grabbed Lagann and slammed into the top of Gurren's "head." He was like, "we're going to take these bitches on together!" It made me lol because it was epically badass.

AsbestosFlaygon
1. Simon - TTGL
2. Alucard - Hellsing
3. Kenshiro - Fist of the North Star
4. Light Yagami - Death Note
5. Spike Spiegel - Cowboy Bebop
6. Vegetto - Dragonball Z
7. Enel - One Piece
8. Revy - Black Lagoon
9. Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
10. Gary *********in' Oak - Pokemon

Nephthys
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l1x9hceG2f1qbwy77o1_500.jpg

AsbestosFlaygon
http://guywithascarf.tumblr.com/post/2702890618/gary-mother****ing-oak-defying-maths-simplest

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Cj0x3AK1QGk/TIP6FueRYWI/AAAAAAAAAA8/Z9kPeXnmyrE/s1600/Professor_Oak_Came_.jpg

Nephthys
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/wiredman11/Pokemon/howgaryrolls.png

dadudemon
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt93/wiredman11/Pokemon/howgaryrolls.png

Image is too small.

Nephthys
Tough.

dadudemon
Tough.
Yeah, that manga has several badasses in it, too. Good call.

NemeBro
I was writing practically an essay concerning the ten top anime/manga badasses in my opinion, but never finished it.

Maybe I will get back to doing that.

dadudemon
I was writing practically an essay concerning the ten top anime/manga badasses in my opinion, but never finished it.

Maybe I will get back to doing that.

Do it.

NemeBro
Now I'm not going to.

Nah but I'll probably go find it later and see what I already have, and eventually post a complete version.

dadudemon
Now I'm not going to.

Nah but I'll probably go find it later and see what I already have, and eventually post a complete version.

What a complete nerd...saving your conversations in MS Word so you can later come back to them. How very lame.

*pretends to not have done the same thing ninja *

NemeBro
What a complete nerd...saving your conversations in MS Word so you can later come back to them. How very lame.

*pretends to not have done the same thing ninja * I PMed it to myself actually, lol.

AsbestosFlaygon
I PMed it to myself actually, lol.
Nerd.

Zack Fair
My top 5 Anime badasses, ranked in no particular order, are:

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd211/Zaku56/Amended%20Demotivators/CharAznable.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_h1sRrS5u53o/THi5eT4JtGI/AAAAAAAAC3E/5mr-IT0VUZE/s1600/over9000.jpg

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1969/vlcsnap220907ds0.png

http://anime-wallpapers.com/images/800x600/light-kira.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_uhAVIQRB_8Y/TIP6HHhV5yI/AAAAAAAAHks/D6N48yZObZc/s1600/Kaneda_Bike_09.jpg

FinalAnswer
http://images.wikia.com/girlchan/images/c/c6/KenstarPortrait_600x600.png

arrrgh

http://halosquared.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/shinji.jpg

/thread

TheAuraAngel
http://5.p.s.mfcdn.net/store/manga/3467/01-002.0/compressed/goodnight_punpun_v01_ch02_entropy_ms.goodnight_punpun_v01_036.jpg

I rather like this teacher.

I kind of found her to a bit irritating, tbh. Her thing with that dude who was constantly seducing her bothered me, for some reason.

TheAuraAngel
I kind of found her to a bit irritating, tbh. Her thing with that dude who was constantly seducing her bothered me, for some reason.

I'm not particularly sure who you're talking about...0.e

Zack Fair
http://halosquared.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/shinji.jpg

/thread

He was kind of a badass in the end of You Can Not Advance. Well not really badass but at least he grew some balls compared to his original counterpart.

Makes me wonder if he will ever crash like he did in the end of the original. Probably not since Eva's God ain't depressed no more.

I'm cheering for a total mind**** for a limp Shinji at the end of the 3rd movie for the massive *Sigh* in the audience.

Wait. there's more Evangelion shit coming out?

Zack Fair
The Rebuild of Evangelion....never heard of it?

Nephthys
Yeah Blax, I was sure you'd be all over that shit. It's got even more sexy jailbait than before:

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv205/SasuSaku_03/MariIllustriousMakinami-1.jpg

Glasses are never appealing on women.

If I am wrong then there is no right.

Nephthys
Originally posted by menokokoro
Can't believe no one has posted Feye.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_-yg0MO2E7-Y/TLQL7FurN_I/AAAAAAAABiI/JRotLjtx3qM/s1600/faye.jpg

Thank you, menokokoro. Finally someone posts something that isn't retarded.

Ahem.

dadudemon
Top 10 Anime/Manga Badasses

FinalAnswer
Glasses are never appealing on women.

If I am wrong then there is no right.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l83shyg4L61qd61suo1_500.jpg

kekekekekekkekeke

AsbestosFlaygon
Ok. That's cute, but those ladies aren't badasses.

Nephthys
Naoto is pretty badass actually. Though not as much as Chie.

GALACTIC PUNT!

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m431/ArisatoMinato/galactic_puntChie.gif

Plus as the thread-starter I will choose to allow it.

Q99
For badass, how about Subaru Nakajima?

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n248/MedliSage/Magical%20Girl%20Lyrical%20Nanoha/StrikerS/Subaru.jpg

Her magic style is based around punching things smile

http://i44.tinypic.com/5p05f9.gif

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Ok. That's cute, but those ladies aren't badasses.

Filthy lies uhuh

Q99
I have to agree. Cool characters, but not the most badass of ones.

Another more badass lady:
http://animeradius.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Black-Lagoon-2.jpg

marwash22
To me, just being uber powerful doesn't make you a badass. You have to be powerful and strike a certain amount fear in the hearts of other powerful people. There has to be an intimidation factor... like you could snap at any moment and snatch a ninja. Goku is boss, but i don't consider him to be a badass, he's too soft.

Kenpachi. (Bleach)
Kenshiro. (FotNS)
Grimmjow. (Bleach)
Buu (DBZ)
Orochimaru (Naruto)
Sesshomaru. (Inuyasha)
Light (Death Note)
Lucy (Elfen Lied)
Lelouch (Code Geass)

...gotta think about it more.

Q99
Originally posted by marwash22

Lucy (Elfen Lied)

But she looks so nice and friendly!

http://lounge.moviecodec.com/images/attachment/ichigo-vs-lucy-6701.jpg

wink

marwash22
she will end you! stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
To me, just being uber powerful doesn't make you a badass. You have to be powerful and strike a certain amount fear in the hearts of other powerful people. There has to be an intimidation factor... like you could snap at any moment and snatch a ninja. Goku is boss, but i don't consider him to be a badass, he's too soft.

Kenpachi. (Bleach)
Kenshiro. (FotNS)
Grimmjow. (Bleach)
Buu (DBZ)
Orochimaru (Naruto)
Sesshomaru. (Inuyasha)
Light (Death Note)
Lucy (Elfen Lied)
Lelouch (Code Geass)

...gotta think about it more.

Demon Eyes Kyo > your list

uhuh

marwash22
good call. knew i was forgetting people.

My list is still quite badass.

Q99
she will end you! stick out tongue

Yea, she does that smile

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Vi2BRVrxFpc/SSibjX4sjJI/AAAAAAAAATg/8dAou6RdikA/s400/elfenlied247fq9.jpg

Zack Fair
Naoto is pretty badass actually. Though not as much as Chie.

GALACTIC PUNT!

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m431/ArisatoMinato/galactic_puntChie.gif

Plus as the thread-starter I will choose to allow it.

Bias.

I therefor strip you of your powers.

NemeBro
The writing of Elfen Lied tries far too hard to warrant a character on this list.

I mean, except Bando. no expression Who was undeniably the most badass character in the manga.

Radarock1971
1. Broly (DBZ)

2. Hawkeye Mihawk (one piece)

3. Aizen (bleach)

4. Phantom (MAR)

5. Lucia raregroove (rave master)

6. Bunshichi Towara (Tenjho tenge)

7. Sephiroth (final fantasy)

8. Beelzebub (666 satan/oparts hunter)

9. Heihachi (tekken)

10. Alucard (hellsing)

Nephthys
http://2dteleidoscope.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/lina-inverse.jpg

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Radarock1971
1. Broly (DBZ)

2. Hawkeye Mihawk (one piece)

3. Aizen (bleach)

4. Phantom (MAR)

5. Lucia raregroove (rave master)

6. Bunshichi Towara (Tenjho tenge)

7. Sephiroth (final fantasy)

8. Beelzebub (666 satan/oparts hunter)

9. Heihachi (tekken)

10. Alucard (hellsing)
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Demon Eyes Kyo > your list

uhuh

BloodRain
http://read.mangashare.com/Gantz/chapter-331/page017.html

His latest badass moment.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.