Nova Prime Vs Graviton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Corrupt_America
This is Graviton first appearance level, when he made Thor a ***** etc.

dmills
Nice fight. Similar power sets, but they use gravity a bit differently. Having said that, Nova is more versatile and as far as I can tell his best raw power gravity manipulation feat trumps Gravitons. I'm thinking Nova can speed blitz him before Graviton realizes what's going on.

SasuOna
Whats stopping Nova from Lobotomizing him?

dmills
Originally posted by SasuOna
Whats stopping Nova from Lobotomizing him? Graviton has sick shields. But Nova could blitz him and knock his head off before Graviton could form a sentence.

Black bolt z
IMO classic graviton would have greater control over gravity.

But Nova has the advantage in pretty much every other category.

Stall_19
Nova wins

Corrupt_America
Could Nova beat down Thor.......?

Corrupt_America
Or pwn the Avengers? They didn't beat him originally he lost control of his powers. He was kicking the shit out of them.

Corrupt_America
http://img256.imageshack.us/i/avengers15908sm6.jpg/

Could Nova own the Avengers like this?

Treat Thor like a *****

http://img262.imageshack.us/i/avengers15909ip3.jpg/

carver9
Honestly... I think graviton would wreck nova in a fight in a complete massacre. I would go as far as to give him a 10/10. He is too powerful for him.

celeyhyga17
Full nova force Nova Prime saved the Gotg from an alternate reality avengers "revengers" in Thanos Imperative...

dmills
Originally posted by Corrupt_America
Could Nova beat down Thor.......? I don't know what happened between Graviton and Thor, but it doesn't really matter anyway. Styles make fights and Nova is a different beast. Class 100+ strength, FTL speed, nano second reflexes AND a gravity manipulator. Among other things.

dmills
I'd like to see this Thor fight.

carver9
Its not just thor, he has on a regular basis wrecked the entire avengers line up. Nova isn't beating graviton... he has consistently been shown as a team wrecker.

carver9
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Full nova force Nova Prime saved the Gotg from an alternate reality avengers "revengers" in Thanos Imperative...

Nova needs some help... he need a team mate... a powerful team mate.

dmills
Originally posted by carver9
Its not just thor, he has on a regular basis wrecked the entire avengers line up. Nova isn't beating graviton... he has consistently been shown as a team wrecker. That means nothing. Any solid herald leveler is a team wrecker. It's all about who's on the team as certain Avenger line ups are whack. Even Imus Champion beat a team of Avengers and Squadron Supreme (with prep).

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
That means nothing. Any solid herald leveler is a team wrecker. It's all about who's on the team as certain Avenger line ups are whack. Even Imus Champion beat a team of Avengers and Squadron Supreme (with prep).

So a team that consist of thor, hulk, ironman, namor, and vision is a wack lineup? Then he ran through thor like he was a test tube baby.

Black bolt z
Its not just thor, he has on a regular basis wrecked the entire avengers line up. Nova isn't beating graviton... he has consistently been shown as a team wrecker. True.

But Nova holds almost every other category and he has close grav manip powers.

dmills
What's Gravitons most powerful gravity feat?

carver9
Originally posted by Black bolt z
True.

But Nova holds almost every other category and he has close grav manip powers.

Naah, graviton will over power him and easily at that. Nova is a BEAST but you all are seriously overating him.

carver9
What's Gravitons most powerful gravity feat?

Holding all the avengers at bay including thor and hulk.

KingD19
Actually, his most powerful was holding literally every hero on Earth pinned to the ground, while shifting continents and re-mapping the entire world in his image.

dmills
Holding all the avengers at bay including thor and hulk. None of which has the speed to close the distance as quickly as Nova. And holding those people at bay with gravity is within Nova's power set.

dmills
Originally posted by KingD19
Actually, his most powerful was holding literally every hero on Earth pinned to the ground, while shifting continents and re-mapping the entire world in his image. Ok now you've got my attention. When did this happen?

carver9
None of which has the speed to close the distance as quickly as Nova.

Nova isn't getting past his shields. What is the fastest speed nova has gone in an environmental area? Not hyperspace because everybody and their grandmoma can achieve light speed in space... I'm referring to a place with gravity.

dmills
Nova isn't getting past his shields. What is the fastest speed nova has gone in an environmental area? Not hyperspace because everybody and their grandmoma can achieve light speed in space... I'm referring to a place with gravity.

And he gets past Nova's?

Lets just say he has all of the reflexive speed feats you'd expect from someone with his power set i.e. speed blitz etc.

KingD19
Ok now you've got my attention. When did this happen?

Back when he was still basically being pushed as a character.

That was his most powerful feat, but he also tanked a full force Nova Blast and that thing with the Avengers.

He held everyone to a slab of rock, while holding up a slab of earth about 3 miles in diameter above cloud level. And at the same time he had Thor on the ropes with gravitic beams alone.

carver9
And he gets past Nova's?

Lets just say he has all of the reflexive speed feats you'd expect from someone with his power set i.e. speed blitz etc.

Nova needs a couple of partners. This is a none fight and you are either overating nova or underating graviton.

dmills
Nova needs a couple of partners. This is a none fight and you are either overating nova or underating graviton. Classic Carver9.

carver9
Classic Carver9.

I just don't understand why you think nova stands a chance against a being that stomped through some of the most powerful beings on the planet with ease... just doesn't make sense to me.

If he can run through thor... hulk, namor, and a bunch of others like they are flees, what chance does nova have. No one has ever soloed this guy and pulled a victoty and again, you have people like thor who has fought him multiples of times. That is why I am saying that nova needs a partner... a couple of partners.

dmills
I just don't understand why you think nova stands a chance against a being that stomped through some of the most powerful beings on the planet with ease... just doesn't make sense to me.

If he can run through thor... hulk, namor, and a bunch of others like they are flees, what chance does nova have. No one has ever soloed this guy and pulled a victoty and again, you have people like thor who has fought him multiples of times. That is why I am saying that nova needs a partner... a couple of partners. When you say ran through them what do you mean? Incapacitated them? And as I said before, sometimes it isn't about how much power you have, but about having the right type of power. But you make a pretty good case though.

KingD19
He would have and could have killed them if he hadn't lost control of his abilities, or they used his unstable mind to defeat him.

dmills
D, I haven't seen those Graviton/Avengers fights but I trust you on this one. My man Carver gets a bit happy with certain characters at times. Nova is now back running around with the entire Nova Force again so that puts him back at solid HH level. At one point his power was felt 9 light years away when he was at those levels. You think Graviton can take him no sweat?

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova03page16.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova03page17.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova03page18.jpg

carver9
I agree, I do get happy sometimes... who has nova taken down recently... I agree that he is high herald class but I just want to know who he has taken down that could give me a big picture on him lasting against graviton.

dmills
I agree, I do get happy sometimes... who has nova taken down recently... I agree that he is high herald class but I just want to know who he has taken down that could give me a big picture on him lasting against graviton. Man most of us do it lol! Lord knows that I have my fanboy moments. I've been a fan of Nova and Iron Fist for over 20 years so you can imagine the drought that I went through as a kid lol!

Nova has been beating the Sphinx for years. I'd say that's a pretty powerful trans level opponent. With respect to Graviton, just how powerful do you think the guy is? I think most of us have him at HH. It's his TYPE of power that makes him so dangerous to fight. Having said that, I don't think Graviton is more powerful than the totality of the Nova Force.

Nihilist
Classic Carver9. Youre wasting your time with him.

KingD19
Well if Graviton wasn't certifiably driven insane from his powers, he could easily be one of the biggest threats to Earth anyone ever went up against. The whole reason they gave him the mental instability is because he would be too powerful without it.

carver9
Man most of us do it lol! Lord knows that I have my fanboy moments. I've been a fan of Nova and Iron Fist for over 20 years so you can imagine the drought that I went through as a kid lol!

Nova has been beating the Sphinx for years. I'd say that's a pretty powerful trans level opponent. With respect to Graviton, just how powerful do you think the guy is? I think most of us have him at HH. It's his TYPE of power that makes him so dangerous to fight. Having said that, I don't think Graviton is more powerful than the totality of the Nova Force.

On a side note... you could be right. Graviton is a very powerful being but his powers might be ineffective against nova since he has ways of controlling gravity himself. What's nova best gravity feat because if its something amazing... he could potentially beat graviton.

KingD19
I think his best feats are only applicable when he's backed by the Worldmind, and the entire Nova power by himself.

dmills
Originally posted by KingD19
I think his best feats are only applicable when he's backed by the Worldmind, and the entire Nova power by himself. Which he has as of right now.

dmills
On a side note... you could be right. Graviton is a very powerful being but his powers might be ineffective against nova since he has ways of controlling gravity himself. What's nova best gravity feat because if its something amazing... he could potentially beat graviton. Ok, here's where this thing get's kinda tricky. I can't think of an Apple to Apple's comparison because they utilize gravity in different ways. What I can say is that from what I've seen, Nova has been able to manipulate gravity forces that exceed anything Graviton has, i.e. manipulating the gravity of a neutron star to turn it into a giant wormhole.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova7dcp0025.jpg

Rage of Olympus made the point that that feat may be related strictly to the "type" of power that Nova has more-so then the "quantity" of power or some shyte. It was BS to me, but I'm just putting another perspective out there.

Like Graviton did to Vision, Nova can trap intangible beings in his gravity nodes.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova13zonemeganpg17.jpg

With a point of a finger, a centurion uses gravity to make a guy weigh as much as hoover dam

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova19zonemeganpg07.jpg

WhiteWitchKing
Honestly... I think graviton would wreck nova in a fight in a complete massacre. I would go as far as to give him a 10/10. He is too powerful for him.

So how does anything mentioned in this thread favor Graviton when he's stargated into a sun by Nova? How does he even fare in oxygen less space first off?

carver9
Ok, here's where this thing get's kinda tricky. I can't think of an Apple to Apple's comparison because they utilize gravity in different ways. What I can say is that from what I've seen, Nova has been able to manipulate gravity forces that exceed anything Graviton has, i.e. manipulating the gravity of a neutron star to turn it into a giant wormhole.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova7dcp0025.jpg

Rage of Olympus made the point that that feat may be related strictly to the "type" of power that Nova has more-so then the "quantity" of power or some shyte. It was BS to me, but I'm just putting another perspective out there.

Like Graviton did to Vision, Nova can trap intangible beings in his gravity nodes.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova13zonemeganpg17.jpg

With a point of a finger, a centurion uses gravity to make a guy weigh as much as hoover dam

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova19zonemeganpg07.jpg

Ok... I am convinced... that's some amazing sh**. I'm giving it to nova 6/10.

dmills
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
So how does anything mentioned in this thread favor Graviton when he's stargated into a sun by Nova? How does he even fare in oxygen less space first off? LOL. And I hadn't even gotten to that point yet.

dmills
Uses gravity to knock Namor on his ass.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_NewWarriors57-Page13.jpg

Uses gravity to send small meteorites to distract Nova Prime 0:0 while he sneak attacks him.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_NovaV212-Page15.jpg

Moonstone uses gravity to pin him down, he is able to compress gravity and fire it through her's for the KO.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova34020.jpg http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/th_nova34021.jpg

carver9
Ok dmills... you have proven your point. I'm giving him the majority because I feel as if he could counteract gravitons power against him.

dmills
Ok dmills... you have proven your point. I'm giving him the majority because I feel as if he could counteract gravitons power against him. Thank you. caw00t Style's make fights my man.

Erectile tissue
So how does anything mentioned in this thread favor Graviton when he's stargated into a sun by Nova? How does he even fare in oxygen less space first off?

Well, Graviton has been known to survive having his molecules mixed with the entire sky island he created.

You do realise in an individual Thor comic, Thor couldn't beat Graviton; so, he drugged him.

That saaid, after that Graviton was severely depowered, Johnny Storm beat him. Even Iron Man beat him. Both using heat of course the one thing that can escape the pull of gravity.....e.g. Hawking Radiation.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Erectile tissue
Well, Graviton has been known to survive having his molecules mixed with the entire sky island he created.

You do realise in an individual Thor comic, Thor couldn't beat Graviton; so, he drugged him.

That saaid, after that Graviton was severely depowered, Johnny Storm beat him. Even Iron Man beat him. Both using heat of course the one thing that can escape the pull of gravity.....e.g. Hawking Radiation.

His molecule is going to survive the sun's heat? He's not going to even have molecules.

Erectile tissue
His molecule is going to survive the sun's heat? He's not going to even have molecules.

Ah, you misunderstand... re-read my post... Heat has become his Kryptonite.... And yes everything still has molecules when exposed to heat, the combinations may change when activation energy is added to atoms and groups of atoms. Molecules which were him would still exist. Hell the very atoms that make you up were formed in stars themselves. Listen to Moby ;-)

celeyhyga17
Nova Prime takes it.

cdtm
Yeah, Nova Prime take it, because of the scans in this thread, and also because his shields held off the Sphinx with TWO ka stones. Power is not a problem for Richard.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.