Punisher In The Blood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deadline
OMIFGOD I think that women who Punisher was fighting is his wife. Thats some cold shit.

Wow you try to burn your wife alive, she survives and now shes after you. How ****ed up is that...damn. This is going to be one of the most ugliest Punisher arcs.

Deadline
Dissssturbing.

Kazenji
Good mini

wonder if Microchip dies or Frank gives him another chance.

BeyondTheGrave
So far it's shaping to be awesome. Remender has done some great work on Frank (besides FrankenFAIL) and next to Ennis, I think he's the best writer that ol' Frankie's had.

My only disappointment so far is that Frank isn't really going after The Hood. I felt that his fight against Hood was a letdown. He was all pisssedoff and shite, starts pummeling him but the dude just kicks him once and all the fight goes right out of Frank. Lame. What we need is an entire issue with Frank kicking all kinds of shitkebabs out of the Hood's scrawny butt.

Deadline
I'm really suprised more people aren't talking about this. This is shaping up to be really good mini and is really quite brutal for 616.

I'm a bit dissapointed not to see more Deadly Dozen.

BruceSkywalker
haven't read this yet, but will try too later...

how is the artwork?

Kazenji
Roland Boschi does it so yeah if you've read Ghost Rider then you know what to expect.

BeyondTheGrave
Anyone read issue 3? O_O

I love how Remender's exploring the extent of Frank's self-deception in believing that he's fighting the good fight (which he is, just not for the exact benevolent reasons). It's a good merger of MAX and 616 because it's sort of building up from Punisher: Born where we see that Frank actually gave into the darkside long before his family died and his family's death was just a trigger to unleash that darkness. that self-deception also came through in this issue when he's talking to Henry and says after all I've done for you. which is funny given how much he's NOT done for Henry (besides saving his life that one time during The List). or at least not as much as Henry's done for him.
it also stays true to both MAX and War Journal2 where Frank cant even remember what his wife looked like. that was by far one of the BEST moments of Punisher when he confesses that he can't even remember what she looked like (proving that he's been using it all as an excuse).

That was awesome.

Let's just hope Remender doesn't frack it up in the end like he did with The Hood (still haven't gotten over, Frank's-berserker-rage-breaking-with-a-kick-from-Hood-bit) mad

BeyondTheGrave
BTW, I'm not sure most people know this, but Frank is not an old man anymore. Remender states in one of his fan mails that Frank has now reverted back to 30-somethings after being with the Ulysses bloodstone for so long. EPIC.

BeyondTheGrave
According to Rick Remender, currently writing Punisher: in the blood, Frank's back to being 30 years old again and is thus more dangerous than ever. that's right, Frank's no longer an old man

full interview:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?...le&id=28188

Deadline
Originally posted by BeyondTheGrave
BTW, I'm not sure most people know this, but Frank is not an old man anymore. Remender states in one of his fan mails that Frank has now reverted back to 30-somethings after being with the Ulysses bloodstone for so long. EPIC.

w00t

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Roland Boschi does it so yeah if you've read Ghost Rider then you know what to expect.

ok cool

Kazenji
Punisher getting relauched in June.

Deadline
Punisher getting relauched in June.

Yeah baby!!!!! w00t Please tell me Einnis isn't writing it. no expression

BeyondTheGrave
Deadline, are you implying that you don't like Garth Ennis' run on Punisher? no expression

Deadline
Originally posted by BeyondTheGrave
Deadline, are you implying that you don't like Garth Ennis' run on Punisher? no expression

Well after welcome back Frank it wasn't a big deal.

Previews are up......my god.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=7842&disp=table

facepalm

Hows he gonna recover from this? This is one of the most disturbing things that a Villain can do to a hero. I hate to say it but I kinda knew something like this was gonna happen.

SamZED
Well, its not as bad as it seemed but still, the fact that Frank isnt f@#king insane after what he's been through is a miracle.

Deadline
Originally posted by SamZED
Well, its not as bad as it seemed

Thank gods.

roughrider
So is that Maria...Frank's Maria, then?

Kazenji
Yes.

roughrider
Yes.

Did the Hood bring her back to life?

Kazenji
Yes, the Hood brought his family back to life as a peace offering for Frank to surrender and he turned it down and burned them.

Deadline
Originally posted by roughrider
So is that Maria...Frank's Maria, then?

no she isn't

Yes, the Hood brought his family back to life as a peace offering for Frank to surrender and he turned it down and burned them.

Don't think it's that simple. Hood used black magic and an innocent person was killed in order to revive them. Maybe he was making excuses but I think he believed no good would have come from it.

roughrider
Originally posted by Deadline
no she isn't

Hmmmm...

Deadline
Originally posted by roughrider
Hmmmm...

Serioulsy it's not her. It's an assasin that was posing as her. This was revealed in issue 4. no expression

Kazenji
Punisher #1 teaser image

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31316

Deadline
No Einnis please.

Kazenji
Speaking of Ennis over at comicbookmovies.com on the news feed it had thing saying of all 3 Punisher movies that have been made he prefers the one with Thomas Jane

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/punisher/news/?a=31642

BruceSkywalker
Punisher #1 teaser image

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31316

this i will buy, hope it lasts a long time..

No Einnis please.

if you could change frank's costume, how would change or add to it?

Kazenji
Just seen on Facebook for Punisher #1, Greg Rucka and Marco Checchetto will be on it.

Kazenji
Rucka on Punisher

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31329

Deadline
This is a good choice but I fear this is the return of 'realistic' Punisher. However he does seem to acknowledge that Pun lives in a universe with other super heroes and he needs to take this into account.

BeyondTheGrave
anyone else feel In The Blood's been a letdown. Especially the last issue the jigsaw twins was cut short too early and the biatch wasn't even the dude's wife. I feel like I spent money having sex with a hotty only for her to tell me she's a guy when I'm about to come sad

Deadline
^ Thats disgusting.

roughrider
Rucka on Punisher

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=31329

Awesome pickup by Marvel, getting Greg Rucka over from DC for this. Like Ed Brubaker, Brian Bendis & Brian Azzarello, he excels at street level crime stories.

SamZED
This is a good choice but I fear this is the return of 'realistic' Punisher. However he does seem to acknowledge that Pun lives in a universe with other super heroes and he needs to take this into account. What do you mean by "realistic"? No fancy tech? or less impressive feats?

Deadline
Originally posted by SamZED
less impressive feats?

Yea that, I don't mind too much but if DD turns up and starts smacking the shit out of him or he says something dumb like " I don't stand a chance", I will lose it.

-Pr-
Rucka is one of those few writers I can usually instantly trust with a book (with very few exceptions, if they are notable), so I'm sure he'll do a decent job with this.

Might even give it a look myself.

Deadline
^ What the hell is he doing in here? confused

-Pr-
?

Deadline
Oh god hes still here. Pr in a punisher thread bllllearaaghhh!!!!! It's just wrong.

BeyondTheGrave
well, I think Remende managed to wrap it relatively well. still, a let down though. Jigsaw twins had a LOT of potential.

I think they really, really need to get rid of Billy Russo. when was the last time Jigsaw EVER was really a threat to Frank? he can't fight him hand to hand, he can't outsmart him and he can't outgun him. WHY are we still talking about Jigsaw when can't do any of the above?

what we need is a NEW arch-nemesis for Frank. Stu Clarke could've been good but they fracking ruined that in the last issue.

if they can't risk being original, why not just come up with some of the Max villains? Barracuda will actually work really well in 616 because he was a little outlandish.

Kazenji
I know Kingpin is another villain for Frank but he has'nt come into conflict with him for a while.

BeyondTheGrave
Yep. but Fisk is too much of a DD guy to actually be properly dealt with. Hell, Frank's taken Fisk on in one on one in the past and the first time he got his ass stomped (was under a mind control) and the second time he was on his way to getting his ass stomped (Punisher: Taking down the Kingpin) until Micro intervened.
which is pathetic really. Frank's smacked around DareDevil like an ugly redhead step child and has almost always held his own. and yet he can't come up with a way to punt that fatass around? please.

Dum Dum Dugan
kingpin has also beaten DD and capt ass before as well as stalemate spidy.

roughrider
The problem with giving Punisher a rogue's gallery is that his goal is always to kill them. When someone like Jigsaw is around for decades, you just start to think "Why Frank hasn't killed that guy already?"
Kingpin - he's never going to kill him. He's locked in with Daredevil.

BeyondTheGrave
and that's the thing. I thought Matt Fraction did a GREAT job of actually addressing the issue, going so far as to have Frank admit that he hasn't killed him because he reminds him of himself. but they never push that angle at all. just when it looked like Jigsaw and Frank were FINALLY going to get interesting, they introduced the whole Skrull invasion thing into it and the whole idea was never explored. I thought Remender was going to do it when Henry asked Frank why he never killed Billy but again it wasn't explored. I think it's too great an idea to just leave as a hint.

Kazenji
Preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=32740

is that ment to be Morgan Freeman?

Deadline
I thought it was coming out in August.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.