Neji VS Rock lee

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sappho
Post time skip Neji

VS

Post time skip Rock lee.

Fight will take place in chunin exam arena, and they both get all their abilities. pis/cis is off, and they both really want to kill eachother, but still are level headed.

Again, i have these arguements with my friends, so sorry if you find these matches one-sided in your opinion, but i have these debates with my friends, so you probably can to.

carver9
Neji 8/10

Demonic Phoenix
Neji have something to counter the Gates? Lee would punch him out-cold before he could even use Kaiten.

TheAuraAngel
More importantly, does Lee have sake? shifty

Normal fight, Neji wins.

Blood lust though means Lee uses the Gates to turn the white eye into a very black eye.

So, go Lee!

NemeBro
What have either done post-timeskip to warrant a thread with them?

I legitimately do not know.

Sappho
not really much, but my friend and i argue a lot.

menokokoro
I would think Rock lee, just because of the gates. and he would smash Neji horribly with all the gates open (im assuming he can), and he still would win pretty easy with only 5 open

Slaanesh
Neji for majority..

RE: Blaxican
Gonna go with Rock Lee for the majority due to gates.

He loses without them though.

BloodRawEngine
All things into account, I don't see why Lee would lose this, much less not access the gates--He trained to access them specifically for beating Neji, and I'm hard-pressed to say Neji has much to counter it. And is an unweighted Lee not faster than Neji? I recall somewhere saying that Neji's speed was equal to a weighted Lee. Either way, a fight between them is ultimately most likely to come down to Lee's Five Gates. That goes especially given the circumstances of the thread.

If Lee was a match for Neji with the weights off then he wouldn't have bothered with the gates in the first place. That was his entire motivation for learning the gates; it was something he learned specifically to beat Neji.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Gonna go with Rock Lee for the majority due to gates.

He loses without them though. Waitwut.

YOU of all people think Lee would beat Neji!?

I take solace in the fact that it takes a mega S-Rank jounin level technique like the 5 gates to beat genin Neji. 313

Sappho
how long can rock lee stay in the gates before he gets gassed?

Q99
Originally posted by Sappho

Not very long.

Hm... I wonder if Neji could keep up a constant rotation from when Lee started the gates...

menokokoro
Originally posted by Q99
Not very long.

Hm... I wonder if Neji could keep up a constant rotation from when Lee started the gates... If he could, they'd both be out of chakra at the end

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Sappho

Prolly about a couple of minutes or so.

Sappho
Originally posted by Q99
Not very long.

Hm... I wonder if Neji could keep up a constant rotation from when Lee started the gates...
lmao this was exactly what i was thinking. if he can then im pretty sure neji would win... cus when lee was finished using gates after gaara he could barely move, if at all.

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Prolly about a couple of minutes or so.
when has he shown to do this?

Q99
The gate usages we've seen looked to me like they've always lasted a pretty short time. I don't know if it's "20-60 seconds, depending on gate" of if it's "until the big attack is done."

yungz22
Originally posted by Q99
The gate usages we've seen looked to me like they've always lasted a pretty short time. I don't know if it's "20-60 seconds, depending on gate" of if it's "until the big attack is done."

neji wouldnt have time to even start the rotation once lee begins his attack. lee with gates is incredibly fast i dont think neji will have enough tim to start his spin and if he does the rotation doesn't last very long either. lee could just attack as soon as its finished just like the spider dude did

Astner
Keep in mind that Neji was promoted to a jōnin whereas Lee only got promoted to a chuunin. There's a slight but obvious gap between the two that have been there since they were introduced.

Q99
Originally posted by yungz22
neji wouldnt have time to even start the rotation once lee begins his attack. lee with gates is incredibly fast i dont think neji will have enough tim to start his spin and if he does the rotation doesn't last very long either. lee could just attack as soon as its finished just like the spider dude did

"Once Lee begins his attack," being the key there. Opening the gates takes a small but noticeable amount of time.

The spider guy was also specifically slowing the spin with web, and the spin can be used fairly offensively too (charging while spinning).

Nor does it take very long to kick in, remember how when Naruto punched him he started it the *moment* before the attack hit.

yungz22
Originally posted by Q99
"Once Lee begins his attack," being the key there. Opening the gates takes a small but noticeable amount of time.

The spider guy was also specifically slowing the spin with web, and the spin can be used fairly offensively too (charging while spinning).

Nor does it take very long to kick in, remember how when Naruto punched him he started it the *moment* before the attack hit. before he even stated to use the web to slow neji down kidomaru was attacking with kunai as soon as neji finished the rotation also when opening the gates the opponent has no way of even getting close to the gate user because of the massive chakra being released example is gai and kisame when gai opened the gates the water was pushed back and kisame was forced into the air....after that the fight was over and it didnt take that long to open the gates

Bentley
Neji will always beat this second rate Gai.

Q99
But is Jonin going to have those same issues, yungz22? Remember, Hiashi did the rotation with a very wide dome so the defensive effect definitely can be increased substantially, much easier to catch people. Faster reflexes than chunin Neji, etc. etc..

He's also got ranged air-punches now.

yungz22
Originally posted by Q99
But is Jonin going to have those same issues, yungz22? Remember, Hiashi did the rotation with a very wide dome so the defensive effect definitely can be increased substantially, much easier to catch people. Faster reflexes than chunin Neji, etc. etc..

He's also got ranged air-punches now. neji never showed the capability to create such a large kaiten. plus lee can easily dodge those chakra air blasts

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Astner
Keep in mind that Neji was promoted to a jōnin whereas Lee only got promoted to a chuunin. There's a slight but obvious gap between the two that have been there since they were introduced. neji is smarter, has the strongest dojutsu Nikkei genkkei in his entire clan, not that much slower than lee, can use ninjutsu and ninjutsu, and most importantly displays leadership qualities on a constant basis.

Neji's just a afar better binja period, lee just has one forbidden technique that can make him a contender with the big dogs, though it almost costs him host life successful or not.

psycho gundam
^ excuse my phone texting for the above statement

yungz22
Originally posted by psycho gundam
neji is smarter, has the strongest dojutsu Nikkei genkkei in his entire clan, not that much slower than lee, can use ninjutsu and ninjutsu, and most importantly displays leadership qualities on a constant basis.

Neji's just a afar better binja period, lee just has one forbidden technique that can make him a contender with the big dogs, though it almost costs him host life successful or not.

i wont deny that neji is a more capable ninja than neji but i Lee can still beat him if he uses the gates the explosive power is way too much for him

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.