Tomb Raider (2013)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Starting from scratch again for this new one

picture from Game Informers cover

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-7044-Lara-Croft-Reborn-in-GI-s-January-Tomb-Raider-Cover.html

BloodRawEngine
I heard about this on a podcast last night. Supposedley its open world with a survival theme. I suppose it couldn't possibly garner as much negative fanboy/fangirl backlash as the new DMC.

'Sides, patch her up and wipe off some of that grime, and the new Lara looks pretty cute ermm

Though I maintain that there are other franchises in equally if not much more dire need of reboots. In fact, DMC is actually one of them.

Peach
Holy crap what is going on with her hair.

Not surprised, since Tomb Raider hasn't had a decent game in years.

Do Tomb Raider fanboys exist anymore? I thought they died out about a decade ago.

Joker1237
I thought Underworld was pretty good.

Nephthys
Holy Hyper-realism Batman!

MadMel
Yea, cuz guardian of light clearly wasn't a good enough revival, nor the best game in the series in a looooong time. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But, another tr game is another tr game, so I shouldn't be complaining. stick out tongue

jinXed by JaNx
I always liked the Raider games...,some more than others of course. The open world idea should be a perfect fit for the type of gameplay found in Tomb Raider games. The most perfect thing they could do is make it open world co-op. Sounds like a good idea. I'll be curious to see how it turns out. Although, games should stop with reboots...,just sayin.

RE: Blaxican
Wipe the grime off? Wtf? She looks hot as **** on that cover.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Joker1237
I thought Underworld was pretty good.

Same here despite the sales i read at the time

Originally posted by Peach

Not surprised, since Tomb Raider hasn't had a decent game in years.

Underworld and Guardian Of Light???? roll eyes (sarcastic)

besides those two the the new games from Dev team Crystal Dynamics and Square Enix have been good.

Underworld's quality is highly debatable (though it certainty was pretty), and GoL really wasn't even a real Tomb Raider game. It isn't canon to the rest of the series and it went in a completely different direction gameplay wise. It's a "Tomb Raider" game in name only.

Kazenji
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It isn't canon to the rest of the series

Says who?

But its still a Tomb Raider game and it was'nt just limited to Xbox live.

MadMel
That, and it was made by Square Enix, the same people behind this project. And even if it wasn't canon, it's still the best tr game to come out in a long time. erm

Kazenji
What i don't get is that they have to reboot the franchise again when the last few games were good despite not enought people buying the product.

Kazenji

MadMel
You know, for a second I thought that said "Lara will be able to scavenge new boobs" And I was like -
"...................................................................... oh it says 'tools'" stick out tongue

Joker1237
I dont like reboots imo.

There just start over, AGAIN mind you lol.

jnsmith0123
In my opinion, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is the best Tomb Raider game in a long time. Exploration, combat, and puzzle-solving come together beautifully in this rewarding, replayable arcade adventure game. Unlike previous Tomb Raider titles, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light uses an isometric third-person point-of-view. The game is a platformer and has Lara make her way through spider-infested tombs and poison-plant-covered jungles.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Nephthys
Holy Hyper-realism Batman! Indeed. I thought it was just a model with makeup at first.

Edit:....does she have a mullet?

Kazenji
Gallery

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/12/30/tomb-raider-bonus-gallery.aspx

She looks like Jill Valentine.

BloodRawEngine
She kinda reminds me more of Mai Shiranui. I think it's the hair.

Nemesis X
Now where did I hear that before? Oh yeah...

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m103/ximi01/Lost-Logo.jpg

Zack Fair
I like the direction they are taking Kara.

Kazenji
Turning Point trailer

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=78361

how convenient of the camera when she falls down

Zack Fair
Looks great. I know it is CGI but it hyped me

Kazenji
New gamplay

X2F0IoC5fbo

Kazenji
N3HfmcDRbn8

Looks like Crystal Dynamics has been checking out Uncharted for idea's for this franchise.

-Pr-
full circle ftw.

Zack Fair
thumb up

Looks fantastic. I''m really liking Lara's character arc here.

Also, lol @ the top comment.

"why is it always Russians? Why do you hate us so much you burger eating bastards?

ruffinist 1 hour ago"

ares834
Yeah, this looks really good.

Darth Ray Park
Looks really cool. Tpmb Raider will always be >>> Uncharted imo.

NFhLS7DmLlc

Holy shit.

Smasandian
That looks good as well.

Bardock42
Anyone else uncomfortable with the painful moans and the tortured panting?

"Oh no, there she gets hurt in the boobs again, will have to wait a couple seconds while she orgasms"

Agreed. It would have been a lot better if she had stayed silent while getting the shit beaten out of here by falling off cliffs and getting cut up and stuff. More believable, too. Who screams in terror when facing certain death? Really unrealistic, imo.

KingD19
Hahahahah. I fell 15 feet onto a sharp piece of rebar and got impaled once. Didn't make a sound. big grin

Kazenji
http://1.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/16/52/3646c0cc3e5a3fadc49d3de6917f60fb.jpg

Nemesis X
vhU7rDp1iRk

Some mroe in-depth game-play presentation.

WQ0qro-5JW0

Zack Fair
must.Play.

Kazenji
They're using an actress for the new Lara to provide the voice and to do the performance capture..instead of just a model to promote the game like with the other games

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/camilla-luddington-to-play-lara-croft-in-next-years-tomb-raider-reboot-7892364.html

Zack Fair
thumb up

Kazenji
Collector's edition revealed

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=69966

-Pr-
Yeah, I'll probably buy it if it's available.

Demonic Phoenix
I probably won't. The figurine looks meh, and we get a lithograph instead of an artbook? For $100? Meh.

Kazenji
Looks to me the Art book is also with it.

Demonic Phoenix
Europe (I presume) gets the figurine and the artbook. NA gets the figurine and a lithograph.

Tzeentch._
Everytime I see new posts, I come in here expecting to see new gameplay videos or something. sigh.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Everytime I see new posts, I come in here expecting to see new gameplay videos or something. sigh. LOL Same here

Kazenji
Well we've got the the collector's edition with the artbook here.

Kazenji
Teaser of some new footage that will be shown at the VGA's

O8wQd04pQRU

Smasandian
Joystiq has a preview about the game. Looks mighty interesting. I like how they are showing how Lara Croft became a badass. Supposedly, the first 45 minutes or so is torturous and their is an interrogation scene that is pretty extreme.

Tzeentch._
And that's the kind of shit you like, eh Smas? 313

Barker
I keep forgetting about this.

2013 is going to be an awesome year for games.

Smasandian
And that's the kind of shit you like, eh Smas? 313 Umm, nope.

Just saying this ain't your daddy's Tomb Raider.

Kazenji
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/3srxdt/tomb-raider-vga-2012--world-premiere-trailer

Demonic Phoenix
Not sure if this has already been posted, so I'll post it anyway. Looks awesome.

4k2NGryuKvs

XxPo7F9lZ64

MfFEwyCqGaY

Kazenji
The game looks great but i haven't seen a great deal of exploring tombs.

Kazenji
The game now has multiplayer

http://tombraider.tumblr.com/post/39044023463/oxm-reveals-tomb-raider-multiplayer-in-january

why the ****............its never had it before.

Tzeentch._
Well, I have hope. Since they're saying that the decision to include it is based off of Temple of Light's success, it's possible that it won't just be some team deathmatch type of bullshit. I wouldn't be upset if they added some co-op Spartan Ops type of deals.

Kazenji
Been reading the PC version will be the better looking one, Also from the same article the writer also goes its coming back home

the game started off on the Sega Saturn idiot

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/02/pc-tomb-raider-will-be-so-much-better-than-console-if-your-rig-is-up-to-it/

Tzeentch._
Who are you talking too? lol

Kazenji
Jesus.

Tzeentch._
You called Jesus an idiot?

Kazenji
Now your confusing me.

-Pr-
lol.

Barker
http://www.polygon.com/game/tomb-raider-2013/2348

Most of the reviews I've looked at for this so far are in the 9/10 range. Getting kind of stoked to play!

Tzeentch._
Awesome. Getting so hyped for this.

Kazenji
Starting early on the reviews.

Kazenji
Conan O'Brien reviews the game

http://teamcoco.com/video/clueless-gamer-conan-obrien-reviews-tomb-raider

Zack Fair
Just watched that.

Funniest one yet.

Game looks cash.

Kazenji
eek!

Game broke street date, Its out now.

Demonic Phoenix
I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet.

Kazenji
Same here.

Quite a few people were all over it, Before the game came out and now its out and its quiet.

Nemesis X
I guess when it comes to early reviews these days, gaming journalism isn't taken as seriously as it used to be hence not a lot of talk regarding Tomb Raider. Not saying it's bad (I would buy it now if I wasn't waiting for other games coming out this month (I don't have an infinite wallet, alright?)), I'm just saying folks are trying to be more careful nowadays but I don't think they should worry about the reboot. It's actually pretty good and has met positive feedback from most of my friends on Xbox Live who rejoiced having the closest thing to Uncharted on their 360.

Tzeentch._
I'm really nervous about its sales, though.

With all the effort they put into it, the game not selling well will really hurt the chances of it getting a sequal of equal or superior quality, which is a possibility considering how lackluster Underworld was, and considering that the franchise is hardly a killer-app these days.

That said, haven't picked it up myself yet. Can't afford it, unfortunately.

Kazenji
Ended up getting it today for the PS3

also despite the sales for Underworld it was a decent game.

Nemesis X
I'm really nervous about its sales, though.

With all the effort they put into it, the game not selling well will really hurt the chances of it getting a sequal of equal or superior quality, which is a possibility considering how lackluster Underworld was, and considering that the franchise is hardly a killer-app these days.

Once again, I blame gaming journalism. Early reviews are, IMO, a bad move because while critically acclaimed games like Batman Arkham Asylum have had early review scores prior before launch, there have been other games that received as much praise but were found to be really terrible when released to the public. Because it's clear companies like Gearbox will try and influence consumers through deception to preorder their products sooner regardless if the product is good or bad as long as they make money, it's understandable people are having a hard time believing anyone at this point and that's bad because while I'm glad it seems a lot of people are finally pulling their heads out of their arses, this spells trouble for the likes of Tomb Raider and it does look very promising and I hope sales for it do good.

wakkawakkawakka
Debating between this or Rising. Can only get one for now but I do plan to rent the other.

Kazenji
Seems like Rising is a short game

so Tomb Raider....unless of course your a Metal Gear fan.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Debating between this or Rising. Can only get one for now but I do plan to rent the other.

Even if you are a Metal Gear fan, it would be smart to wait for a price drop. The game is 6-7 hours long. Get Tomb Raider if you want an experience that lasts awhile.

Peach
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
I'm surprised no one has commented on this yet.

Comments like this confuse me. Generally when a game first comes out, people are busy playing the game, instead of posting on forums about it.

Anyway, I lost interest in this for a while (mainly due to the absolutely horrid marketing of the game), but despite trying to tell myself to not buy any games until after the end of the month...I think I'm going to wind up buying it tomorrow.

Pure Passioné
I bought this morning, and played it a little. I do feel thats its all over the place. But that is just my concept of it.

Kazenji
From what i've played so far of it...Its been great, The island that your on has all these ruins dedicated to the sun queen Himiko and if its anything like the other Tomb Raider's bound to be something supernatural going on with the weather

also good to see another game using the fast travel system.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Peach
Comments like this confuse me. Generally when a game first comes out, people are busy playing the game, instead of posting on forums about it.

TYpically not the case with KMC.

I'll try not to confuse you next time. stick out tongue

Estacado
Game looks superb gonna get it in a few day....

BackFire
This game's really solid. Good ratio of puzzles, exploration and combat. I was initially afraid that they were taking it in a direction that was going to basically have it become Uncharted with Lara Croft, but it still maintains its own identity while taking a few things from that series. Lot of fun so far.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BackFire
This game's really solid. Good ratio of puzzles, exploration and combat. I was initially afraid that they were taking it in a direction that was going to basically have it become Uncharted with Lara Croft, but it still maintains its own identity while taking a few things from that series. Lot of fun so far.

Only thing i've found with the puzzles is that they're slightly easy compared to the ones from the old games.

Estacado
Played it for 3 hours game is phuckin great.....

BackFire
Originally posted by Kazenji
Only thing i've found with the puzzles is that they're slightly easy compared to the ones from the old games.

I was surprised to find out that there are only like 5 optional Tombs. I was expecting way more.

Tzeentch._
DLC. 313

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BackFire
I was surprised to find out that there are only like 5 optional Tombs. I was expecting way more.

I was a little disappointed with the tombs, though that's because I was expecting a length akin to AC's tombs/lairs.

Kazenji
Crystal Dynamics deserves an apology from gamers for hasty Tomb Raider 'controversy'

wakkawakkawakka
Well I decided to get Tomb Raider. Its pretty cool so far and the controls are good as well. I'm also glad that it isn't just Uncharted with a chick but an actual Tomb Raider game.

Estacado
Finished the game it was great...gonna go back and explore remaining tombs...

wakkawakkawakka
Not sure how long Rising is but this game was pretty short.Despite that its been the most fun I've had in a while and is a welcome reboot/prequel thing to the series.

Kazenji
Feels fairly long to me this game

also i'm exploring a fair bit in each area.

Estacado
Rising is 4 hours long including the cutscenes....its great though cuting people into hundreds of pieces never gets old....

wakkawakkawakka
Oh well I take it back then. It took me 12 hours on this just because I liked to explore some of the bonus dungeons. Could've taken more time if I had tried to find more.

Kazenji
Has anyone else tried out the multiplayer?

alot of the games i've gotten into usally glitchy.

Darth Vicious

I hate it. No need for a mp in this type of game. Playing it now to get some achievements. Once that's done I doubt Ill play that again.

Zack Fair
This gamne is fkn awesome. I'm so glad Lara got the reboot/game she deserved.

Looks phenomenal on PC

Zack Fair
Binge gaming finished the game.

9/10.

Game is very solid and fun. The graphics were amazing on PC( don't know about consoles ) The art design was top notch with lots of beautiful areas. I could spend hours just staring at every scenario. The gameplay was fun, varied and the pace was excellent. The story was somewhat generic and there weren't any real plot twist you didn't see coming, but I felt they executed it very well. In fact I think more games should follow that example if their story is somewhat limited. Hard to come up with new shit anyways so might as well just present it as best as possible.

I found Lara's characterization and growth to be top notch. Really bought how she slowly became the hardened veteran survivor. Little details like Lara's thoughts while she is camping help the development. Can't wait for sequels.

Haven't tried multiplayer. Don't really care about it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Finally bought the game and beat it. Pretty much what Zack said. Awesome game, loved the growth and change of Laura from an innocent into a warrior. If I have one complaint, its that I wished Laura had bigger boobs. shifty

This generation is going out on a bang. Hitman, Bioshock, Last of Us, and Tomb Raider are the last four games I've played and all are excellent.

Kazenji
The game is getting a next gen edition

http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-11826-Tomb-Raider--Definitive-Edition-Coming-to-PS4-in-January-2014.html

P-Geyser

I have and I am not to fond of it TBH. Instead of the multiplayer, what I really wished square enix did, was make a dlc side story to continue Lara's adventures.

This reboot was awesome but to me, it felt so short. I most def wanted more.

Kazenji
I felt like they tried to copy Uncharted's multiplayer, Except with Uncharted its done better.

Impediment
I just started the PS4 Definitive Edition and I'm loving it.

From what I've seen from the trailer of the upcoming film, this game is going to be the plot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.