AoTC Anakin vs RoTJ Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Battle site is Tatooine
Lightsaber
Force
All Out

Who wins?

Jinsoku Takai
Anakin - Luke just doesn't have enough training to macth up with Anakin, who, although still somewhat green, is exceptionally skilled at this point.

axel_jovan
^ Agreed.

truejedi
AOTC Anakin? I'm taking Luke.

Jinsoku Takai
Based on what sort of logic, TJ? Luke has had very limited training at this point, vs an exceptionally skilled young Jedi with virtually unimaginable potential (his father no less, and created by the Force), with far more training.

p.s.

Apologies for the typo earlier.

truejedi
well its 10 years of training vs. 4 right? That's a good point.

Luke's ability to overpower vader impressed me more than Anakin's showing against Dooku though. Could have been a fluke I suppose.

Jinsoku Takai
I'd think Dooku would absolutely tool a suited Vader (in a saber-based contest), so Anakin's showing against the Count really impresses the hell out of me, especially considering his relatively young age. Moreover, Vader really seemed like he had serious reservations about killing Luke, and was holding back quite a bit. As a matter of fact, didn't Luke mention later on that vader could have ruined him had he chose to?

RE: Blaxican
It was pretty damn obvious that Vader was conflicted to hell and back during that fight. I really don't understand how someone could argue that Luke's actions were "impressive".

truejedi
how else would you describe them? Negatively?

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by truejedi
how else would you describe them? Negatively?

I would descibe his victory over Vader as being akin to a small child beating their dad while wrestling or boxing. Vader was trying to enrage Luke in order to turn him so that the two of them could overthrow Sidious and rule together as father and son.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It was pretty damn obvious that Vader was conflicted to hell and back during that fight. I really don't understand how someone could argue that Luke's actions were "impressive". The movie's dialgoue and lack of narrative kind of left it to us to fill in the blanks. But if one takes the novelization as canon, then Luke's performance was pretty damn impressive. Vader himself was "pleased" with Luke's improvements, and then was "embarrassed" by how much his ass was being kicked by the boy, enough so to drive him to want "revenge" for it. Though to give credit where it's due, this was Luke tapping in to the Dark Side, musing about the possibility of killing Vader and the Emperor and taking the galaxy for himself: "avenge and conquer" he called it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.